Thread: Rental pokemon

Default Rental pokemon

so, were the rental pokemon in these games EV trained? did EV training even exist in gen 1? i would have no idea, i played the RBY games, but never got into it competitively. (I was like, 8)
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

I doubt the rental Pokémon were EV trained, since, well, they were programmed into the game. EV training existed from the beginning, most of us were just too young to understand it. But even then, it wasn't really invoked since it was given to you fully at level 100.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

I really do not like rental pokemon... They have okey moves but every time I use them I never have any luck of a critical hit! I sucks really! XD

I have claimed a Golbat!

EVs existed in Gen I and II, but the system wasn't properly developed until Gen III. One could continuously battle Pokémon and eventually max out all of their Pokémon's stats. See here for more details.

Whats E training? what doese it stand for?

The producers deliberately made the rentals crap to encourage you to buy G/S/C

They definitely weren't EV trained/IV-favored based on my horrible experiences with them.

Theres no way of telling. and i dont think people complaining about how bad crits and stuff were proves anything..But I mean, ive beaten pretty much all the game with rentals, so they cant be too unfairly balanced.