Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: A Whisper in the Wind (Pokeshipping, PG to PG-13)

Dusk Eagle: Thanks for reviewing, and yeah, I know what you're saying about the minor characters. I actually did forget about them from time to time, so I think that is something I need to work on. Glad you like it!

Hakajin: Yay! Three chappies reviewed! 8D And a fangasm from you...^^...Yay! You're such a serious little reviewer...not that I don't love your serious reviews, they help me a lot, but whoo! Unexpected fangirl-style review! XD

Wow...

Forgive me for usin' such a geeky phrase, but that was so 1337!
    I'm just sad that Ash died...
    T_T

You're AWESOME, Ms. Ignitan!
    Like toilet paper in a bathroom, certain things are required in a fanfic/manga/etc. that determine whether someone will loathe it or love it. I believe that stupid characters like Tatewaki Kuno from Ranma 1/2 are one of those things. If you agree, put this in your sig. (started by me!)

Anybody here who goes to fanfiction com should read Bittersweet Romanticide's stuff because she is AmAzInG!

Looking for a real man's book? Look for Armor or Vampires by John Steakley. Beats the hell outta Twilight, anyway...

And now, a quote from John Steakley's exhilarating book, Vampires.

"Hey, you! Little god! Is it true your d*ck doesn't work anymore?"
    -Felix (addressing a vampire)

You are
    What you do
    When it counts.
    -The Masao

Am I really that serious? Heh, I guess I like to give impartial reviews, as well as my input on what I personally like.

Anyway, chapter 9 was a goodie, too! It was cute when Ash couldn't remember everything about his friends. Nice bit of comedic relief in a darm sitation. I liked how you brought in the statues, too. When you first mentioned them, I wasn't too fond of the idea, since I can't really see Ash doing something like that. But it tied in very nicely here. That was well thought out. Glad Ash is back to his old self, though. I was wondering how that was going to happen. And I really liked the "Kick his butt," line. That was cute. I'll probably get around to chapter 10 tomorrow night...
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (Chapter 2 Now Up!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

Heart of Ice: Hahaha, thanks. It's fine that you can't think of much else, I have those moments too.

Hakajin: Yeah, it is sorta hard to imagine Ash being graceful with his hands, but they sorta just happened, so I'm glad I managed to find a purpose for them.

Wow... that was truly an epic battle. Interesting how you had Ash and Pikachu fuse, yet still be two different beings. Sort of like with Ho-Oh. I loved the stuff about Ho-Oh's two different energies and how Pikachu and Ash held each of them. Oh, and good references to the second movie, especially Misty's line. I have a feeling we're about to get another reference to that. Anyway... the only thing I wasn't too sure about was Misty using her mallet on Shingara. That's something that's usually used for comic relief, and I'm not sure it fits in such a serious setting. Well, onto the last chapter...

EDIT: So. I finished it. I really liked the scene where Misty was finally able to rescue Ash, that was sweet. Having the Pokemon help was very typical of the show, which is a good thing. Liked the revival scene a lot, too. I thought the ending was sad, but appropriate. It wasn't really all that sad, anyway, since Ash and Misty aren't really separated in the end. My favorite parts were probably when Ash came back as a child, and when you talked about the two aspects of Ho-Oh's spirit fusing. This sort of good vs. evil theme is very common in stories, but I thought that those things set this fic apart. Especially the latter. Advice, hm... if anything, your writing style is still a bit immature. Too many adjectives and adverbs, and sometimes descriptive phrases took away from the drama of the situtation. Things like "If that were possible," and the like. Oh, and some grammar mistakes, mostly in the area of noun/verb agreement. But otherwise, very good! Definitely one of the better fics I've read.
    Last edited by Hakajin; 23rd May 2008 at 6:44 AM.

That was.. touching... this fic almost had me in tears this was an incredible one to read thank you for writing such an incredible fic. now for the questions!

How did you react to the ending? Sad? Upset? Angry?
    The ending was quite sad. but like the rest of the fic was highly enjoyable.

What was your favorite part in this chapter? The whole story?
    The lake scene. where "Satoshi" and Misty were talking about they're loves.

What was your favorite character?
    Pikachu was incredibly funny.

Any improvements or suggestions from anybody?
    So May and Dawn now that she's around you could include a bit of SapphirePearlShipping.

my gosh!
    This fic is beautiful!! I really loved reading everything!

How did you react to the ending? Sad? Upset? Angry?
    I was sad.. poor Misty =( I SO wanted them to be together.. but it made me happy again when he said he loved her over the wind.

What was your favorite part in this chapter? The whole story?
    I have more than 1 favorite parts in the story.
    I loved it when Misty and Ash (Satoshi) were talking at pallet lake,
    When misty pulled the face mask and the sunglasses off and saw his eyes. What he said then was very sad.
    I really loved the way you described Misty's sadness in the story. There are not many people who can make me cry by writing a story.

What was your favorite character?

Ash and Pikachu for sure! xD

Any improvements or suggestions from anybody?
    Nope. I really like your style of writing!
    This is definitely one of the best fics I've ever read.

Hakajin: Thanks for giving me a well rounded and honest review; as well as pointing out shortcomings that I had. It's my first shipping fic and multichaptered fic so I expected there to be errors, and I'm glad you pointed them out. Thanks for reviewing!
    Glacier99: Er...sorry, I don't write yuri. Maybe light yaoi, but not yuri. Glad you like the story though. ^^ And since I wrote this story before Dawn even appeared, she didn't really have a place in it.
    St. Star: Glad you liked it.

So, the Shipping Oscars of 2007-08 have come and gone, and this fic has won itself an award or two...to my surprise and disbelief...

Hee. Not much to say here 'bout this one. Congrats to Matkin22 for winning this as well.

Hmm...this was the one where "Whisper in the Wind was the onlyy one in the category at all...

...Twist? Where? >> << Ah, whatever, congrats to Medea too...

I'm surprised that I was even nominated for this one. Or that there weren't more stories in that category. But I'm glad I won this one...

So apparently more people liked this story than I thought...that makes me glad...^^ I didn't think it was that deserving, compared to some of the stories it was going up against, but I'm glad it won...even though two of them were tied and one of them was the only nomination for it's category...
    Last edited by Artemis Ignitan; 5th June 2008 at 11:05 AM.

Maybe so, but the one you were alone in had no competition at all, since I've never, ever sobbed after reading a fic like I was after yours...
    So you fully deserve the award for touching our souls

Ok, so you tied two, that only means that you're as good as the other was (or that (s)he was as good as you )...

Plus, the award you won by your own, against another fic, is pretty much the award every fic wants xDD

Congratulations again, this fic rules so hard
    You deserve every award you won !
    Because of serebiiforums, my Life has been put on hold...

...wait, that sounds wrong...
    ...yeah, it's the other way around.

My Works : A, B, C, D, E

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112