Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: A Whisper in the Wind (Pokeshipping, PG to PG-13)

Quote Originally Posted by Esperon View Post
    However, one question, where is Ho-Oh? He's been really...really quiet...
    Well, to my knowledge, Ho-oh is inside of Ash, and is Ash's and Pikachu's source of power.
    Pokemon Y Shiny Captures
    Horde Battle: MM:
    Friend Safari:

Turak is right. Ho-oh is just, well, hiding, so he just keeps quiet and provides Ash and Pikachu with powers. You probably won't see much of him until near the end.

Everybody seems to really like the little maniac Pikachu, I do too! :3 Spoiler will probably come tomorrow. The next chapter, I guess Saturday.

mmm, cookie... :P
    Last edited by Artemis Ignitan; 21st December 2006 at 7:55 PM.

its..its.. its very stirring ;__; I love the scene when Satoshi express how he feels to carry a big load in his shoulders and can't tell to Misty that he loves her too, this chapter ispirate me to do a fanart about this story, wish me good luck to make it! ^^

"Bless man which suffers temptation.
    Since, he, with striving, will have received life’s crown."

Oh wow, Tamashi, really? Good luck, and thankies!

The chapter was amazing, i couldnt have enjoyed it more myself, wow, you keep the reader in his seat, ready to read more, i swear, i loved it so much.

Upon seeing the color of his hair, her attention shifted to the exposed eye, still closed in slumber. If…if that’s him…then his eyes… She slowly moved her hand towards the eye, intent on prying it open and seeing the warm chocolate brown she had missed for so long. If it was him, she would seriously hurt him for hiding away from her for so long, then demand an explanation from his bruised, battered body. Then she would pummel him again for having what sorry excuse he had said. Her hand got closer, closer…
    I was once in a very similar situation, but Halloween was involved, and i......pulled the mask away from her face, it was the girl i liked......so yeah, this paragraph had me thinking so much. Truly spectacular.

Misty was startled. The kindness in Satoshi’s voice was the only emotion he had ever shown (aside from fear from her mallet), and it moved her. Before she knew it, her emotions were spilling out, laid out for all to see.

“It…it all started when h-he disappeared…”

“He?”

“Ash. He had just become the Pokemon Master ten years ago, and all of his friends, including me, had been there to support him. Then during the night, he vanished. I was g-going to tell him…”

“…Tell him what?”

Misty paused. She had never told anybody before. But for some reason, telling Satoshi seemed to be the right thing to do…

“Tell him that…I loved him. I always had. Ever since I first fished him out of that lake… I should had told him earlier…but I was afraid. He never seemed to understand love, and I was always arguing with him anyway…what if he rejected? I was so afraid…then…when I was ready t-to tell him…he was gone…Gone.”

Misty was crying heavily now, her breath coming out in short gasps. Her face was cupped in her hands, her body was shaking and twitching. Ash desperately wanted to reach out to her, to hold her and comfort her…but he kept himself at bay. He had to let go of those feelings, he couldn’t be close…but Mew, it was so hard…

“B-but w-why am I telling y-you? Y-you wouldn’t und-derst-tand…”

Ash smiled grimly. “I know more than you think.”

Misty raised her head in surprise. Satoshi, emotionless, cold, secretive, a loner…understood love?

Ash continued his story. “I guess it was a love at first sight thing. I was too young and naďve to understand it at first, and as I got older, I thought it was just a crush. But as the years went on, I saw her bloom into the most gorgeous flower I had ever seen.”

Gorgeous Waterflower, to be exact.

Misty listened on, this story was drawing her in.

“I was always afraid to tell her how I felt, because she was always picking on me. But I hid my fear by focusing only on the dream I had started out with. I always wanted to come closer, to let her in my heart, to hold her, and to always protect her…but…I always shied away every time I got close, to scared to try, even though I knew I might lose her forever…but why am I saying this?”

Misty was startled at the abrupt change in his voice. It had been soft, fluent, caring…and suddenly turned brittle and hard, and filled with despair.

“I cannot love anymore. I can’t get close to anybody. It will only bring pain to everyone. Oh Mew, if anybody saw what I’ve become…and the hard part is…that this wasn’t forced upon me. I could have chosen not to go along. I could have chosen a different path. But this was the path I chose, and the one that I must forever tread…I can’t change my course. I’ve gone too far…and I can’t stop. That’s what makes it so hard…”

Misty saw a sparkle on the edge of his dark sunglasses. As it trickled down, a single speck of crystalline liquid, leaving a shimmering trail behind, she realized…he was crying. Satoshi truly was at an all-time low, he was the last person she would have expected to see in tears. He surprised her once more by standing up abruptly.

“I’m sorry. I’ve told you too much. I-I have to go!”
    Oh, you always have Ash close to revealing who he is, this is such a sad story, but extremely amazing, nonetheless. Good job, and i want Chapter 4 now!

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis Ignitan
    “I was always afraid to tell her how I felt, because she was always picking on me. But I hid my fear by focusing only on the dream I had started out with. I always wanted to come closer, to let her in my heart, to hold her, and to always protect her…but…I always shied away every time I got close, to scared to try, even though I knew I might lose her forever…but why am I saying this?”
    A bit ironic because it seems that Ash is doing the same thing right now, hm? I especialy liked the part in where they both tell each other about there crushes! Personally if I was Ash, I would be too shocked to be able to respond. THE MALLET STRIKES AGAIN!!! I didn't know you liked the mallet so much, Artemis! You're a great writer and the fact that you can write such good quality chapters in such a small amount of time is mind-blowing! Keep up the good work!
    Read and Review my Fic:
    A Journey of Souls

Banner given to me by my great friend MistyLover, made by the talented AmazingKiss
    Currently Posted: Chapter 18-The Venox Vanishings
    Currently Working On: Chapter 22

Yesh, the mallet is one of my personal favorites of the AAML world. :3

I think production might slow down a bit now. I'm a natural born procrastinator, so I do better and faster when pressed for time. And I have been reeeaaaallly pressed for time recently. But now, it is winter break, so I'll probably be lazing around for a bit. So I guess the chapters may or may not be slowing down. I'm still hyped out about the story though, so they might not.

Whether I'm lazing about or not, the spoiler came today as promised. Here are the first few lines of chapter 4.

Spoiler:- Chapter 4!!!:

Is it just me, or does everybody like that little lake scene? It seems that every time I come to one of those parts that I already know by heart and I always think about, everybody likes those. I dunno, it just seems like a weird coincidence. I guess great minds think alike.

EDIT: A little warning, I reeeaaaallyyy think you guys will hate me after this next chapter. :3

EDIT #2: A little shout-out and thanks to shojoai-fangirl and her pokeshipping video, "Upside-Down". Whenever I get a bit stuck or apathetic, I listen to the video and it gets me right back into things. Just wanted to say that.
    Last edited by Artemis Ignitan; 22nd December 2006 at 11:46 PM.

Default Chapter 4!!!

Alright, can't wait anymore, so I'm posting it. Here's when things take an unexpected twist...DUN DUN DUN! I swear, you guys are going to hate me for this. :3

A Whisper in the Wind
    Chapter 4

She was dead tired. Exhausted. She couldn’t take much more of this. Her mind wouldn’t get off of Ash and, strangely, Satoshi. He was a living enigma if she ever saw one. That meeting by the lake was even more unexpected. She came to him expecting answers, and instead got more questions. Every time she thought she had an answer, something else popped up and led her off the path. What did it mean? Why…why was he this way?

She was too tired to think about it anymore. Coming to the bed, she collapsed on top of it and fell into a deep sleep, sopping wet clothes and all.

*~*

“Misty…”

She mumbled out a reply, it was too muffled to hear due to her head being half buried in the sheets, but one could make out something close to “Mommanuuiiidonwannagotoooskeewlllll…”

“Misty, come on, this is important!”

“Nuuu…five more minutes…” She jumped up as a small electric bolt zapped her foot.

A crashing sound could be heard for miles, followed by an echoing scream of pain. “FOR MEW’S SAKE, WOMAN! YOU DON’T HAVE TO HIT SO HARD!!!”

Pikachu was rubbing his little furry head where a huge lump had appeared. Misty, who had been standing behind him, was now fully awake and had a truly frightening look on her face. That, however, was not as intimidating as the large wooden mallet raised above her head, ready to come down again. Pikachu’s crystal eyes widened in terror as it came down and quickly yelped out the words, “It’s about Satoshi! Something’s wrong!”

The mallet stopped inches from his face. Pikachu breathed a sigh of relief as the wooden menace slowly withdrew. The redhead’s red face slowly paled, returning to its original color. “What’s wrong?”

“He’s weakened.”

“What? How?”

“Because of the force trapped within him, he has gained its strengths, but also its weaknesses. This force happens to have a weakness for water.”

“Water?”

“Yes, but its not as bad as it seems. Satoshi and this force both have very high stamina, and a simple small rainstorm can’t hurt them. But a storm like the one last night can leave them disoriented and confused if they don’t protect themselves. Even against a storm like that can be blocked by their weakest shield-”

“Then why are you worried? How do you know he’s weakened? He could just block it-”

“Let me ask you this. Ever since after the Team Rocket incident, have you ever seen either of us use our powers?”

“N-no, but,”

“Exactly! He’s afraid. He’ll never use his abilities if he’s in or near human society unless it’s absolutely necessary. I’m connected with him. I can sense his weakness, his doubts, his fears, his thoughts…”

“B-but…he was far away from us, right? Why didn’t he use his powers?”

Pikachu looked directly at her, his crystal eyes boring into her sea-green ones. “The conversation at the lake last night.”

“You…you saw?”

“Yes. He’s worrying about that right now. He’s afraid that he’s gotten to close to everyone here, to you. Add that in with his current state of confusion and weakness…”

Misty sank to the floor, sitting on her knees.

*~*

“Satoshi!”

“Where are you?”

“Come out of hiding!”

Misty and Pikachu had reported everything to their friends (conveniently leaving out the lakeside conversation), and now everybody was combing through the forest, searching for the shadow-cloaked trainer. They had been searching for the better part of an hour, and Pikachu said that he could still feel Satoshi’s energy, but it seemed as if he was drifting in and out of consciousness, barely holding onto reality itself. As a side note, to Misty only, he added that the conversation last night must have really shaken him to make him act this reckless.

Now Misty was alone, and plagued with guilt. She was the one who chased him away, she just knew it. Walking through the wet foliage, she called out his name, thinking that he would probably run away if he heard her voice anyway. Getting tired, she sat on a large rock and began to think things over.

Ash…Satoshi…why can’t I get either of you out of my mind? Are you still out there? Are you still here…with me?

She was jolted out of her thoughts from a scuffling sound, almost as if it was someone dragging their feet along the ground. She tensed up, and reached her hand for the Pokeballs around her waist, clutching them tightly, ready to release one to battle at a moment’s notice. A dark shadow clambered into view, dripping wet and looking very exhausted. Coming close to a tree, an arm wrapped in bandages extended out of the shadowy cloak, the hand attached to it covered in a black fingerless glove. Pressing the hand against the tree, the cloaked figure gasped for breath, before looking up and noticing Misty. Leaving the tree, it came closer to her, its hood fallen back. Misty’s eyes met a pair of dark sunglasses masking the figure’s eyes, but was close enough to see through them faintly. She wasn’t able to make out the color, but she could see them widened in shock and despair.

“Mist…” mumbled Satoshi as his body began to fall forward. Misty caught him before he touched the ground.

*~*

Everyone was relieved that Satoshi was found and returned, although some of them wondered why he was so distressed and careless. Misty wouldn’t say anything about it, and instead took to shooting him looks once in a while, alternating between worried stares and killer glares. She was still pondering about why he had called her "Mist" when only Ash had ever called her that, but she reasoned that he was too tired to complete her name.

Ash was sitting in front of the fireplace, desperately trying to warm himself by covering himself in his cloak. Normally, that would have worked, and it did, but only a little. His clothes were still dripping wet, and huddling them closer to him did little to help drying them off. Delia was trying to convince him to take a warm shower and to get dressed into some different clothes, but he was refusing vehemently. This was the first time that her motherliness had failed to get someone to do something for the better, but Satoshi never seemed to be affected by emotion. Misty knew otherwise.

Finally getting exasperated with him, Misty walked up to him and began demanding that he listen to Delia, or he would get ill. Again, Ash refused, but when he caught the death glare that could only lead to one result, he hurriedly changed his mind, sighing in relief as the glare faded. He had avoided the wooden menace this time.

Rudy glared at this little scene. This new person reminded him too much of Ash, heck, he even interacted with Misty the same way Ash did. Rudy thought Misty’s love was lost to him as soon as Ash appeared, and when he disappeared, he thought that maybe that was his chance. Doing nothing at first in respect for Misty’s disappointment, he was ready to try for her love once more, then she got captured by Team Rocket. Not believing that he would see her again, he was surprised when they threw him in the same cell as her. But even then, she still seemed to be depressed and pessimistic, and even when she felt okay to talk, she barely paid attention to him and talked to her other friends instead. Now that they were out, he could have had another chance, she was so happy nowadays, but then that…that…Ash clone had to show up.

He had to make his move, and soon, or she might be lost to him forever.

*~*

Ash had stepped out of the bathroom, dressed in a pair of striped pajamas. He still wore his facemask and sunglasses, which looked rather strange and maybe even hilarious with the colorful pajamas. The others stared oddly at him, but he just muttered to them to “get off his case”. The voice he used was so cold and bone-chilling that even Misty didn’t want to stand up to him. Looking around for his usual black garb, he inquired where it was. Delia answered that she had washed it for him, his Pokeballs had been laid out on a table in the kitchen. Everybody was amazed at the amount he had on him, and asked where he had gotten them all. He shrugged it off and simply mumbled the words, “oh, here and there.”

Everybody had planned to go out that day, but “Satoshi” refused to go anywhere until his clothes were dried out and he could dress in them, after 10 years of wearing and repairing them, he didn’t really feel comfortable in anything else. After thinking it over a bit, they seemed to find it reasonable, he looked strange to them when not wearing his usual pitch black outfit. When he was finally reunited with his clothing, the group headed to Old Oak’s lab, who was now run by Professor Oak Jr., more commonly known as Gary.

Gary had also seen the likeness between Ash and “Satoshi”, and was awestruck from the vivid appearance of Pikachu. The little rodent, unlike Ash, was actually enjoying the attention.

When questioned about where Professor Oak Sr. was, Gary and Delia’s eyes dulled and filled with tears. There was no questioned about it, Professor Oak had passed away, only six months ago according to Gary. Ash was filled with a deep sadness that the man he had accepted as family was gone, and he was filled with a sense of guilt, not unlike the guilt that had plagued him yesterday after seeing his mother. The others began to feel depressed as well, they had not heard of Professor Oak’s death either, and all were upset. “He was very outspoken against Team Rocket, all the way to the end…” murmured Gary.

“It’s such a shame that he couldn’t meet Satoshi. After all, he was the one who destroyed the main Rocket base,” commented Misty.

“You did that? I heard about the incident, but it said the person who did it vanished out of sight every time a newspaper reporter or a police officer came near him. I-I can’t believe it…” Gary shook his head. “So, what brings you here, besides a friendly reunion?”

“We were going to tell Satoshi about Ash, since they seem to be so alike. The best place to start would most likely be here, since this is where he started his journey,” explained Delia.

“I see, but you know that none of his old Pokemon are here anymore, right?”

“Yes, but still…”

“What happened to them?” interrupted “Satoshi”.

“Well, about a week after Ash vanished, all of his Pokeballs disappeared as well. Or almost all of them. Twenty-nine of the Tauros he caught were left behind, but the one taken was the one he used in all his battles. When we tried to track them down, their Pokedex signal was useless since it was disabled on the night of Ash’s disappearance. We released the remaining Tauros after one year of waiting.” Gary replied.

“Hmm…”

“Oh, wait honey, I remembered something that would help us out even more. It’s a secret Ash used to keep from everybody. I still have the key to it.” Delia commented.

“Oh?” Everyone’s interest was piqued, including Ash, who knew exactly what she was talking about.

*~*

Delia had led everybody (including Gary) to Ash’s room, and walked to a door. “You noticed that Ash never opened this door around anybody, right?”

“Now that I think about it, yes,” marveled Misty. First Satoshi was hiding things from her, then she finds out that Ash was hiding something as well. What would happen next?

Delia stuck the key in the lock and turned. The room was nothing more than a walk in closet. It was what was inside that made everyone gasp.

“Wooden carvings. One of each person and Pokemon Ash had ever met on his journey.”

Everybody wandered inside, picking up a carving and stroking it. “I’ve never seen craftsmanship like this before!” exclaimed Brock. “Ash made these?”

“Each and every one,” explained Delia, who was feeling a small bubble of pride swell in herself, hearing everybody compliment her son.

Misty had picked up her wooden counterpart, it was extremely well detailed, all the way down to the wrinkles in her shirt. This one seemed to be carved with special care and attention. Stroking it, she thought of Ash, and where he could be.

Ash, I hope you’re alright…

*~*

Everyone had sat down to dinner, except for Rudy, who had mysteriously vanished. They wondered where he was, but he reappeared ten minutes into the meal, saying that he had gone for a walk to clear his head. Everyone seemed to buy this explanation, after all, many mind-boggling things had happened since Satoshi had joined the gang. It actually seemed like he had become one of them too, he was actually laughing and joking with the rest of them.

After dinner, Ash had retreated to the wall and was now leaning against it, staring out of the window. All sorts of thoughts had flooded his mind. Did I go too far? Am I getting too close? This is the first time I’ve laughed with other humans for ages, and it felt great…especially since one of them was Mist…

“You’re blushing,” interrupted Pikachu, who had been listening in on his thoughts.

“You do know how much I hate that, right?”

“Yup.” A cheeky grin followed that statement.

“…You’re crazy.”

“I’m not the one who’s crazy for a certain redhead…”

“…Shut up…”

Their little mental brawl was interrupted by a gasp from everybody at the dining table. Looking over, Ash began to feel a sick feeling in his stomach. Rudy was down on one knee, holding up a small black box that was open, revealing a bright diamond gem. The luster of the gem was so brilliant that only the crystal color of Pikachu’s eyes could exceed it. It was pretty obvious that he was proposing marriage. And to whom?

The “scrawny redhead”.

Some of the people looked shocked, the others disgusted. Ash? He didn’t know how he felt. This wasn’t supposed to affect him. Misty and the others were no longer a part of his life, nor was he of theirs. But that conversation at the lake last night…it seemed like it bound him here, no matter how he tried to escape. And no matter how much he tried to suppress them, feelings of rage and despair worked their way to the surface. Ash felt his eyes stinging, and looked up at the ceiling to prevent the tears.

It’s over…Now I can move on…but why do I feel like I shouldn‘t? I have to…I have to keep treading my chosen path…I can’t…I can’t stop…but…I can’t continue either…What should I do?

Misty was in shock. Sure, she had imagined this happening, but she imagined a certain raven-haired trainer doing it, not Rudy. She knew that the chances of Ash standing in Rudy’s place were slim to none, actually, just none. But there was that one part of her that demanded to not do this, that she would regret it, that she would always be destined for one and only one…

Mist… That voice echoed in her mind, strengthening her resolve. No, it wasn’t too late, she could still be with Ash, if only in spirit. Staring around the room, her gaze took in all her friends…and stopped at Satoshi, who seemed to be ignoring the situation. Jeez, only Satoshi would act like this at something so emotional… Watching him, she realized, her mind had put two and two together for ages now, but she was always too scared, worried that she might be wrong. But in this situation, it was now or never, all or nothing.

“I’m sorry, Rudy,” she said, backing away. “But I can’t.” Then to everyone’s surprise, she dashed over to where Satoshi was. Ash was caught off guard, and was unable to defend himself quickly enough to stop Misty from ripping off his face mask. Ash quickly tried to hide his face, but it was too late. They had already seen the telltale lightning-shaped birthmarks under his sunglasses.

“I was right!” screamed a triumphant and furious Misty, who then reached for the glasses covering his eyes. She had yearned to see that warm chocolate brown for much too long…

Ash stood still, taking his bearings, wondering what to do. He decided to let Misty remove his glasses and let her and everyone else see what he had become. Maybe then they’d let him be…

Misty stood back in horror, dropping the face mask and sunglasses on the floor with a loud clatter that seemed to echo through the heavy silence. Everyone shied back, truly frightened.

His eyes had used to be a warm chocolate brown, full of emotion, easily read. Anyone could see what he was thinking just by looking at them, they were so expressive. That was what had endeared him to everybody…but he was like that no longer.

The brown had been replaced with an intense black, a deep void that swallowed all emotion and shredded it, bit by bit. The eyes made him seem like he was without feeling, without…a soul. And truly, that was the way he was. Almost soulless, locking away most of it so that it wouldn’t interfere with his path.

Pikachu hated those eyes. True, Ash would show emotion from time to time, but that was only if he was away from humans, and sometimes not even then. This Ash was not the Ash that he had come to respect and care for as a friend…a brother. This Ash was a monster. And he hated it. When he had seen Misty again, he thought that maybe she could have helped him, bring the real Ash back…but it now looked like that was impossible.

Misty was thinking the exact same thing. “You’re…you’re not Ash,” she screamed, tears forming in her ocean eyes as she sank to her knees in despair.

Ash chuckled as he picked up the sunglasses and slipped them back on. The laugh was cold and sinister, making shivers run down everyone’s spine. Pikachu recoiled from his friend’s sudden harsh tone, it was obvious he had been driven to the very edge of despair. “No, no I’m not,” he replied, in that same icy tone. He made his way to the door, opening it. Turning back, he said two final words.

“Not anymore.” The door slammed behind him, leaving everybody shaken. Misty picked up his discarded facemask and began to sob into it, letting all her tears flow freely.

She really had been too late.

*~end of chapter 4~*

Now that Ash is gone, what will happen next? Will they chase after him, or will they be too scared and repulsed? If they do meet up again, what will happen? Well, I'm not telling you. :P Wait until Chapter 5.

:O The ending is kind of similar to a fic I have planned where Misty gets engaged to another guy

This chapter was sad *cries* I feel so sorry for Misty it's written very well, keep up the great work *hopes they find Ash*
    "When you're miserable, you need to make someone even more miserable than yourself" ~ Lucy, Elfen Lied

Yurilicious Venus Versus Virus banner made by me. Sumire x Lucia FTW! ^^
    I adopted Lucy-chan and I'm paired with Silentvibrava
    clicky?< My current favorite song <3

Jeez another Chapter?! This has to be breaking some kind of record Artemis; I almost feel ashamed after letting you guys wait for so long for my fic! Anyway, I would have NEVER expected Misty to rip the mask off so soon! And I kind of suspected that there was somthing different with Ash's eyes since you kept mentioning it in the story, but I would've never expected them to be so... souless and demonic! *shudders* It's a guess, but is Ho-oh controlling him towards the end of the chapter or has Ash really changed for good? Can't WAIT for the next chapter Artemis now that you've left me on the edge of my seat...
    Read and Review my Fic:
    A Journey of Souls

Banner given to me by my great friend MistyLover, made by the talented AmazingKiss
    Currently Posted: Chapter 18-The Venox Vanishings
    Currently Working On: Chapter 22

Muahaha, yesh, Ash is soo creepy right now! Its kinda hard to believe, but he actually chose to be soulless, he thought that it would be easier to keep Ho-oh safe that way. So most of his soul and emotions are pretty much locked away somewhere, they're still there, since he has become emotional from time to time, but they're pretty much kept in check. He's not really being evil, just desperate and secretive. I'm feeling a little ebil myself though, kekeke...:3
    Last edited by Artemis Ignitan; 23rd December 2006 at 3:48 PM.

waaaaa! so sad!!! ;__; I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! man you're amazing writter, I still working in my drawing, when its finished I will post the drawing here if you give me permission to do it ^^.

waaaaa, so sad!!! ;__; I LOVE IT!!!!! man your'e amazing drama writter, I'm still working in my drawing, when its finished i will send it to you, accept it like a chirstmas' present ^^.

I will accept it gladly! I don't mind if you post it here, it interests me to see how other people see the scenes in my story. I like to wonder if they see it differently than I do. And I bet everybody will appreciate the pic!

P.S.- Double posting and other kinds of spam will get you banned if you do it too much. Instead of double-posting, edit your post.
    Last edited by Artemis Ignitan; 23rd December 2006 at 9:11 PM.

WOOOOOOW!!!!!! This chapter was like the best ever, oh my God!! You are amazing!!! ******* Rudy, never liked him!!!!! Misty finally plucked up the courage and tore off the mask off his face.

If i were Ash in that moment, I would have kissed her before anyone would notice anything. *fantasizes about crush* *slaps head, returning back to senses*

Artemis, I want that chapter now, oh my God, I am truly crazy about this fic!!!! Come on, i need it now! NOW NOW NOW!

Rudy was down on one knee, holding up a small black box
    Great way to give me a heart attack and send me into space right there

“Not anymore.”
    Did they hear that?

Wow...you just get better and better and better... (Am watching Speed the movie atm and that gives you a big adreneline rush, then you top that ending on me and woosh! Me crazy on adreneline at the moment so congrats on raising the levels one heck of a lot! Can't wait for the next chapter, if i don't die of suspense first though!!

PS. Hey, el toro, don't feel bad, if i don't have a chapter up on my fic by Christmas Day, the time between chapters will have reached 2 weeks, a length I'm pretty sure your fic hasn't reached! ^^ Not all of us are super writes like Artmeis who seem incapable of getting writers block in any shape or form!

MistyLover, are you going insane on me? (j/k) And yes, Rudy is a *******, but I needed him to push this little story onward...

Esperon, I reckon a spoiler will be on its way tomorrow. :3 Er...my story gave you an adrenaline rush? It's that good? Well, reading reviews gives me adrenaline rushes so I guess I know how you feel. *scratches back of head*

Like I explained before, I'm not a "super writer", I just know how this story will come out. It's been sitting in my head for about two years, and changing quite a lot. In fact, the first version never even had these first four chapters and prologue. I reckon if anybody had a story sitting in their head for almost two years they'd know how to type it if they wanted to. :3

Nice story, very descriptive, its also suspenseful

5/5

keep up the good work

wow, the last chapter was amazing, seriouly. WOOT!!!!!

Thankies, qwerqwer! Welcome to the thread, penguinman!

Since all of you are dying to see the next chapter... *looks at raving MistyLover*...I will tease you and leave you a juicy little spoiler. MUAHAHAHA!

Spoiler:- EVIL SPOILER!!!:

I guess you'll have to wait until tomorrow to see it! Think of it as a...Christmas present. *rubs hands together gleefully* Hee hee hee...

Default Chapter 5!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all! Did you enjoy your presents? Here's my present, a new chapter! Enjoy!

A Whisper in the Wind
    Chapter 5

Ash stormed on ahead, letting instinct take over, ignoring the looks from the golden Pikachu by his side. He was in a state of emotional turmoil, he couldn’t make heads or tails of where he was going, he just charged forward, trying to get away, he had to get away. I have to keep going, just move on, it’s over, all over…keep treading my path of…eternal solitude, no friends, only my Pokemon, no one else will get close to me, no…never again…never again.

Suddenly his legs gave way, he couldn’t continue, his emotions were to heavy to bear. Staring around where he had collapsed to his knees, he cringed, this was Pallet Lake, where he had talked with Misty the night before. Looking up at the starry sky, he contemplated on all that had happened over the past two days, it was too much…just too much. Shifting his attention to the clear blue water, he stared down into its depths before he spied something white float in front of him.

It was a lotus, a perfectly round yellow center surrounded by pure white petals, soft and supple, its petals reaching up, as if trying to grab him. Waterflower…

Suddenly a wave of despair seized him, and he plucked the flower out of the water before shredding it to bits, petal by petal, taking each one and ripping it in two, then shredding the stem as well. Incinerating the remains of what had used to be a lotus, he then reached into his pocket and pulled out something pink and soft. It was square shaped, with a decoration of a setting sun in a bright red. It was setting over an ocean represented by blue squiggly lines, as other decorations in yellow were embroidered on the soft pink silk. All this was surrounded by a border of red, the same color of the sun.

Holding it in his hands, he tried to rip it in two, but as much as he strained, he couldn’t break it. He pulled and pulled until tears began to sting his eyes, then gave up and began to sob into the handkerchief as Pikachu looked on.

Oh, Mew, what have I done?

*~*

“Misty, please open up!” May was knocking on the door heavily, trying to get a response from the depressed redhead. Nothing.

“Misty! Please, please come out!” Still nothing.

“Come on! Do you really think that Ash would want you to act like this.” Wrong words. Misty did come out, but she had an angry glare in her reddened eyes, and the facemask she held in her hands was dripping with tears.

“What does it matter? Ash is dead. He doesn’t exist anymore. There is no Ash left.” Her voice was empty, hollow, without her usual energy. The door then slammed into May’s face, who then resumed the knocking.

“Misty! Mist-”

“That’s enough, May.” It was Delia who had spoken. “Let her be. I think we all need some time to ourselves.” Delia’s eyes were dimmed with tears of her own, she was having a hard time believing what her son had become. They went into the living room, where everyone was sitting in an uncomfortable silence. Everybody either had their head in their hands or were staring up at the sky. They seemed to be okay, but their eyes said otherwise. Rudy seemed to be the worst off.

“You know, I can’t seem to shake off the feeling that this is all my fault,” he mumbled into his hands.

“In a way, it was, but I don’t think any of us could imagined what happened to…Ash…” replied Brock. He still couldn’t get over what had happened to him. What happened to that happy-go-lucky, always confident teen he had known? That image just seemed to shatter right before his eyes.

“Yes, but still-”

“Rudy, look. Ash would have probably left us sooner or later, it isn’t really your fault that he ran off,” Max interrupted, although on the inside he felt like cleaving Rudy’s head off.

Rudy was about to protest again, but was interrupted by golden sparks flying through the night sky, interlocked with blood red bursts of energy.

“What the-”

*~*

Misty had been sitting in the darkened confines of Ash’s room for what seemed like hours now. She was curled up in a ball on his bed, hugging her knees. Staring listlessly at the drenched facemask beside her, she felt her eyes sting, but no tears came. She had used them all up a long time ago. Reaching out a hand and touching the soft, wet fabric, she began to shake all over as dry sobs wracked her body. Ash…what happened to you?

She was startled out of her thoughts as a streak of golden light, followed by blood red sparks crossed her vision.

*~*

Everybody was staring out of the window, shock coursing through their bodies as if they had been hit by those sparks as well. They then jumped as Misty practically flew into the room, fear magnified in her sea-green eyes.

“D-did you guys s-see that?” she stuttered. Everyone was shocked that Misty had come out of Ash’s room, but that was easily drowned out by the surprise of the dueling sparks. They nodded yes, and at that moment, they heard a faint scratching at the door. Wondering who it was, they all ran to the door, and opened it to reveal a golden-skinned Pikachu with crystal eyes and ruby-red cheeks.

“PIKACHU?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?”

*~*

Pikachu was pretty freaked about what was happening, it took them a while to calm it down. After they finally got it to stop shooting of multicolored sparks, they asked it about Ash, and what was happening. Pikachu responded in a scared and tired voice.

“Well, we were attacked just outside of Pallet Town…”

“What? By who?” asked Max.

Pikachu looked up at him, fear in his eyes. “By…by Giovanni and the remnants of Team Rocket. I saw Butch and Cassidy and Professor Nanba, and even Jessie and James, can you believe it?”

“And…what happened?” questioned Brock.

“They…they had this machine. When Ash got too close, it pulled him towards it and began draining him of his energy. If he tried to fight back, it would drain even more. He told me to teleport out of its range before I got to close as well, since I was smaller I could escape easily. As far as I know, he’s still fighting it. Because of what’s sealed inside him, he has limitless energy, but he can still be weakened. I came to you guys because I know that you can help.”

“And why should we?” came an angry cold voice. Everyone’s attention was diverted to Misty, who’s head was down, staring at her knees as her fists were embedded in the sofa she was sitting on. “Ash is gone, there’s nothing left of him to help. There’s nothing left of him.” Pikachu bounded over to her and got her to look up. His crystal eyes bore into her sea-green ones, she couldn’t look away if she tried.

“Because,” he said, mimicking her tone of voice, only his was so full of anger that everyone shrunk away. “Ash is still there. A small part of the Ash you once knew is still clinging on, but just barely. He needs you. He needs your help. He needs you to save him from Team Rocket…and from himself.” Just then something in Misty’s pocket glowed, she reached in and pulled out a black feather.

“M-Misty? Where did you get that?” questioned Pikachu in surprise.

“This feather blew into my room on the night Ash disappeared. There was another one on his bed when we saw it the next day.” replied Misty, who was fingering the feather.

“That’s one of Ash’s feathers. You can use it to track him down if I ever get separated from you. It can also tell you his physical state, depending how it glows. Since it’s glowing with a black light, he’s getting weaker, but not too weak.” Pikachu explained. “We have to get Ash, now! Is anybody coming?”

“Yes, I am.”

“Of course, dear.”

“Of course!”

Everybody had stood up except for Misty. She looked at them all, then at the feather.

“Alright. Let’s get him back.”

*~*

The group ran through the forest, being led by Misty with Pikachu on her shoulder. All of a sudden, Pikachu cringed.

“I can feel the machine, guys, its trying to suck me in as well. I’ll need to get inside your backpack , Misty.”

“Alright then.” Holding the feather in her outstretched palm, she watched it point to the northeast, then start glowing with a larger aura of black. “This isn’t good, it looks like he’s loosing more energy! We have to hurry!” she screamed to the others.”

*~*

Ash strained to keep his footing, but the machine kept pulling him closer and closer, feeding off his energy like the parasite that it was. He grimaced as his feet began to slide ever closer…

“Once we have you in our clutches, we can exact our revenge as we see fit,” said Giovanni as Ash met his glare with a snarling face.

“ASH!!!”

“M-Mist?” Out of the corner of his eye, he could see the redhead and all the others run out of the woods, panting in exhaustion. Pikachu’s head was poking out of her backpack, looking at him with a look that clearly said “Please forgive me.”

The group was appalled to see what machine Giovanni was using to draw Ash into his clutches. A large tank was its base, ebony black and emblazoned with that red “R”. It itself was a large satellite dish, striking Ash with a dark red ray, a musty color, the color of freshly shed blood. Ash was cringing, he had shielded himself with large black feathery wings that had somehow emerged from just underneath his shoulder blades, but he was still being pulled towards it against his will. His bandages were torn, they had fallen off to reveal an intricate pattern of golden light engraved on his tanned skin, glowing fiercely. The pattern had seemed to spread even farther and had now reached his neck, as he strained even more. His body was going under too much strain, it needed more energy, and out of reflex, his body tapped in for more of Ho-oh’s power, the pattern inched forward ever so slightly…and the machine struck, draining his energy at an even faster rate. Ash tried to fire a golden light at the machine, but it was futile, the dish absorbed it and converted it into that deadly blood-red energy.

Firing back at the struggling trainer, it hit him straight in the chest head on, and caused him to lose his footing for a split second.

That was all the machine needed. Ash rose off the ground and was dragged straight into the dish, which disappeared into the tank and was replaced with a spherical force field, colored in the shade of blood. Ash struggled to get out of the force field, but his attack was rebounded on him once more, leaving him tired and exhausted. Everybody cried out his name and rushed forward, only to be stopped by another spherical force field, effectively shutting them out. Ash then succumbed to despair, sinking down onto his knees and leaning his head against the force field. This is what he wanted to prevent, he didn’t want the others to get involved in this, he didn’t want them getting hurt…

He noticed the sun beginning to rise over the horizon, and freaked, if the sunlight hit him in this form, Team Rocket would have full knowledge of what they held in their clutches. He quickly tried to retract his wings, but the force field prevented him from doing so, it would only allow the energy to increase. He tried desperately to hide them in his cloak…

A beam of sunlight struck his left wing. Immediately, the blackness began to melt off his wings like ice cream on a sunny day, as the others watched in amazement. The same happened to the black feather in Misty’s hand, it receded until the feather’s true colors were revealed. No longer a deep jet black like the night sky, it was now a beautiful crimson color, decorated with gold. “No…way…” whispered Misty.

“Th-that’s a R-Rainbow Wing!” yelped Max in surprise, and as they looked at Ash’s wings, they gasped. His wings were Ho-oh wings.

Ash buried his face in his hands. They knew, they all knew, and now Team Rocket could use his powers as they saw fit…and it was all his fault, he put his friends in danger, they would get hurt, no, everyone in the world would get hurt if Team Rocket ever found out how to manipulate his endless and powerful energy…and it was all his fault… He couldn’t let this happen! He tried to fight the force field once more, but instead, it began draining him of his energy once more. This pain was even more intense than last time, even Ho-oh could feel it, and they did the only thing they could.

They screamed.

It was a horrible sound, it was so full of pain and suffering that it hurt just to feel the vibrations. It was a medley of anguish and torment, guilt and despair, distress and sorrow. Ash’s screams melded together with Ho-oh’s screeches, creating a strange mix, it was Ash’s voice, but it sounded horribly mutated, it seemed to be closer to an eagle or falcon’s cry than to one of a human. But it was still in pain, and it never seemed to end. Tears were streaming down his face, not only because the pain was so intense, but because he was trying to apologize to his friends for letting them get involved in this, for causing them unnecessary pain.

They understood, and they tried to break free of their own prison, banging on the shield, crying tears of their own.

And through all this, Giovanni smiled. It was an evil smirk, as if he lived off the pain and suffering the same way the machine lived off of Ash’s boundless energy. His grin grew even wider as the machine finished its feeding and Ash dropped to the bottom of the force field, his breath coming out in long, drawn-out gasps, trying to welcome air back into his lungs. But his lungs were becoming weak, and the incoming air cut them, causing his eyes to water as he tried to steady himself. Giovanni walked up to his helpless captive, smirking widely. “So, I capture the one who felled Team Rocket once more, only to discover he is the very same person that destroyed it the first time. Then I find out that he is the vessel of the creature that I have been hunting for so long. How much sweeter can this get? I shall gain the power I deserve, and exact my revenge on you, Mr. Pokemon Master.” He spat out the last two words in utter disgust, it was obvious that things were still bitter between the two. Ash glared at him, his void-black eyes were deeper than ever before, killer intent easily seen. Giovanni was hardly fazed however, and let loose a maniacal laugh before him and his grunts made their way into the tank.

Ash glanced back at his friends, his eyes suddenly becoming their previous shade of warm chocolate brown as they filled with tears, before he buried his head in his hands once more. As the tank disappeared out of sight, and the force field surrounding Misty and the others vanished with it, they realized what he was trying to say.

Please, please forgive me…

*~end of chapter 5~*

Yes, it's a little sad, isn't it? My eyes were stinging when I was writing the first part, I don't know if it was because I was crying or because I was sitting at the computer for too long, but yeah, this chapter was hard to write. I guess next chapter will be out by Wednsday or Thursday.

Such a good chapter...*sniff* just so good...everything from the plot line to the vocab use was perfect!

Wow strange... Question.., When did Ash stop being Satoshi?? lol Just suddenly evryone knew it was Ash? I'm sorry if I can't remembr lol umm good chapter, alittle confusing.. Ash's wings? Good chapter, just a bit confusing, so Ash is no longer human or something? I'm so conufzzled!!
    Pokeshipper
    (n.): Because we don't forget 5five
    seasons, 4four cameos, 3three supporters,
    2two gifts, and 1one departure worth of emotions.

At the end of chapter 4, I think you missed that one, Misty pulls off his mask and every one sees his lightning shaped birthmarks. Then she gets his glasses off and everyone sees his eyes, and they freak. So, I think you missed that chapter, go back to page 3.

wow, it's really amazing. I.. really, this is so good

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast