Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Stravia is Born! (481)

I think it would have been nice to see Starly for a bit more though. It was really cute, could have used a few more eps before it evolved.

Yeah, Starly coulda milked its cuteness for it's worth.
    But noooooooo. Power is everything...
    Quote Originally Posted by boyangfriday View Post
    If black and white are the official names im gonna have to get black to not be racist, but also get white to not look obviously not racist.

I think Starly evolved way too early. Both Starly's and Bonsly's evolutions don't make sense!

This episode was good. This was Brock’s weirdest flirting moment ever IMO. Meowth’s Boss Fantasy was pretty funny this time around. Just a minor detail, but I thought it was kind of weird how Starly was the only Sinnoh pokemon (I mean there wasn’t even so much as a previously seen pokemon like Chatot). I found it pretty funny when Meowth was hypnotized into helping the other pokemon escape. It was cool to see Bonsly learn Mimic. It was cool to see Starly evolve into Staravia.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

So...twas a good episode with great animation.
    And, we now know how to properly address Muku.BIRD. Starlllllllavia! With the 'l's being rolled 'r's.
    Too bad Starly evolved JUST as we get a glimpse of some personality...

ALso, waht the crap was with teh filler girl having a British accent?

Quote Originally Posted by PokeDouglas View Post
    I think Starly evolved way too early.
    Ditto.
    I like the way Staravia sounds for some reason, sounds so...unique for a pokemon.

Oh, and if Starly didn't evolve, there could('ve) been a dub title called "wish upon a Starly"
    (I just thought that up a while ago.) :P
    I screencap your ****.
    ---

Haven't been here in years. The hurting of my butts are slowly healing.

SPPF family:
    Brother: Griff4815
    Sister: Anastasiar

"If you think GCPM11 is a Douche, copy and paste this into your sig." ~TheLupineOne

Noooo, Starly evolved. ;-;

He evolved way too early...>_>, and lol at Meowth in this episode.

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

I thought this episode was alright. It kind of got boring for me and I lost intrest. I wish Starly did more.

I think Starly evolved way too early.
    It evolves at level 14, so it makes sense that Staravia would debut as Ash's and not as a wild within the first 20 episodes.

And what's-her-name had a weirder British accent than Lily.O_o

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Quote Originally Posted by Pika Hikari KT View Post
    It evolves at level 14, so it makes sense that Staravia would debut as Ash's and not as a wild within the first 20 episodes.

And what's-her-name had a weirder British accent than Lily.O_o
    Levels don't really exist in the anime. I think pokemon sometimes evolve on their own will, or when they has enough strength to do so.

Treecko evolves 2 levels after Starly, yet Ash's Treecko evolved into Grovyle 59 episodes after it's capture, It participated in many battles, and it probobaly had a lot of experence before it got caught, so he might've evolved by his own choice.
    I screencap your ****.
    ---

Haven't been here in years. The hurting of my butts are slowly healing.

SPPF family:
    Brother: Griff4815
    Sister: Anastasiar

"If you think GCPM11 is a Douche, copy and paste this into your sig." ~TheLupineOne

Starly looked so cute when it was having its leg tended to. I also liked how it took up the role of leader while all the other bird pokemon were moping.

There's something about Staravia's voice that I love. I laughed when I first heard it, it sounds so highbrow.

My favourite Sinnoh episode to date, including the ones that have aired in Japan.

I think that, after hearing Staravias dub voice, I like it twice as much. And that is saying something considering its been my favourite Pokémon on Ash's team since it was caught as a Starly way back when the Jap episode aired.

I liked seeing a whole episode based around Starly/Staravia, simply because hes awesome (I'm refering to it as a he because he has a larger marking on his forehead). And it really showed just how powerful the lil' brain damamged bird is, as well as its skills as a leader.

But I think Ash summed it up 'We've got a Staravia on the team now, get ready for some big wins!'. Or something like that.

Also it was quite funny how Bonsly all of a sudden learnt Mimic and how it gazed at Staravia as it evolved. What could this mean! Oh those writers are so subtle and sneaky!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    ALso, waht the crap was with teh filler girl having a British accent?
    What's wrong with that? >_> We have to put up with American accents all the time. I thought it made a nice change. Typical they made her sound as posh as hell too.

I liked this episode, Staravia's dub voice is a nice change. The one thing I didn't get was how Seviper was able to climb the ladder. It's nice to see Dustox getting a bit more screen time lately too. I'm guessing Bonsly evolves soonish, what with it learning Mimic?

I'm gonna start skipping the in medias res bit at the start of each episode, I think.

Well, seeing as Starly has two evolutions, it's only necessary that it evolved early in the series, or what I've noticed with the other flying pokemon Ash has gotten throughout the series.

Anyways, I didn't really enjoy this episode. Just boring. The only thing that was worth watching was Meowth's lines occassionally got me laughing. And there were a couple of times where I thought this was Prison Break (Pokemon style). Couldn't resist!

But other than that, lost interest!

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Muku.BIRD’s voice >>>>>>>>>>> Staravia‘s voice.

Yeah, that’s all the opinion I plan on contributing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    ALso, what the crap was with teh filler girl having a British accent?
    i thought it sounded more like an Australian accent to me, and either way i thought it was rather fitting for her.

Staravia's voice sounded like...dare I say? A DRAMA QUEEN!

I thought that this episode was alright. This episode makes me wonder about Ash's Pidgeot. Ash is pretty stupid for releasing a PKMN that he can fly on. TR were stupid in this episode. If they weren't so greedy, they would've gotten away with a few Flying-type PKMN.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziryu View Post
    I thought that this episode was alright. This episode makes me wonder about Ash's Pidgeot. Ash is pretty stupid for releasing a PKMN that he can fly on. TR were stupid in this episode. If they weren't so greedy, they would've gotten away with a few Flying-type PKMN.

Very true. TR could've got some flying PKMN easy..
    SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION SINCE I HAVEN'T BEEN ON SPPF FOR MORE THAN TWO YEARS

Last.fm|Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by uncutpokemon View Post
    i thought it sounded more like an Australian accent to me, and either way i thought it was rather fitting for her.
    Ya, it was Austrailian.
    SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION SINCE I HAVEN'T BEEN ON SPPF FOR MORE THAN TWO YEARS

Last.fm|Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by uncutpokemon View Post
    Ya, it was Austrailian.

Last.fm|Twitter

Loved it. The animation was awesome and there were so much cool details.

Isn't it ironic that Ash said We have a Staravia, now we are going to get a lot of wins. Ash practically doesn't use the pokemon, only two battles if I remember.

Anyway, Staravia's voice is weird. I don't know how to feel about it. I like it but not as much as MUKU!!.

Anyway, one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSmasherSceptile View Post
    Levels don't really exist in the anime. I think pokemon sometimes evolve on their own will, or when they has enough strength to do so.

Treecko evolves 2 levels after Starly, yet Ash's Treecko evolved into Grovyle 59 episodes after it's capture, It participated in many battles, and it probobaly had a lot of experence before it got caught, so he might've evolved by his own choice.
    I think the writers wanted to get the ball rolling with Starly. Plus, Grovyle was a very popular pokemon(believe me ), so the writers probably wanted to keep him 2nd stage for as long as possible before evolving to Sceptile (which had not as many fans...look at elyvorg ).
    Claimed: Grovyle - November 10th, 2013
    Chapter 19 is up.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeDouglas View Post
    I think Starly evolved way too early. Both Starly's and Bonsly's evolutions don't make sense!
    How does Bonsly's evolution not make sense? Bonsly evolves upon learning Mimic, which it did in this episode. Aside from that, Brock has had it for some time.
    The Latest Capture

28 / 20 / 26 / 30 / 30 / 31 Timid Southern Island Emerald Latios

FC: 3309 2165 3231

I thought the episode was alright, but not great. I have a Staravia on Diamond version. ;25;
    Last edited by Salamence flame 12; 27th June 2007 at 12:25 AM. Reason: typo
    http://media.photobucket.com/image/s...mence.gif?o=77 (Chibi)
    95% of the people in Serebii Forums use cheating devices, if you are one of the 5% that dont, copy and paste this into your sig

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast