Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Stravia is Born! (481)

Pretty good episode. I'm not too keen on Staravia's voice, though. I was hoping for something similar to Starly's. And Brock's arms seemed exceptionally skinny this episode. Who was the animator?

Teh Goodzors:
    -We see some personality from Starly! Ash's flying type has personality!
    -Meowth getting hypnotised by Hoothoot=Priceless!
    -Bonsly finally learns Mimic! Next stop, Sudowoodo!
    -TR had a really good plan for once. It reminded me of "Bye Bye Butterfree" though. Must be the big net.
    -CACNEA'S BACK!!!!

Teh Badzors:
    -Staravia's voice. 'Nuff said.
    -I'm glad they tried giving someone a different accent than American, but it wasn't that good. It sounded like a bad mixing of an Australian and British accents being done by an American...
    -Bugsy/Gardenia mix! GAAH!
    Last edited by Reign G; 27th June 2007 at 1:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Four Karen
    Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best.
    Take a step and I'm on my way. Gonna start all over again!

Quote Originally Posted by Wynaut? View Post
    What's wrong with that? >_> We have to put up with American accents all the time. I thought it made a nice change. Typical they made her sound as posh as hell too.

I liked this episode, Staravia's dub voice is a nice change. The one thing I didn't get was how Seviper was able to climb the ladder. It's nice to see Dustox getting a bit more screen time lately too. I'm guessing Bonsly evolves soonish, what with it learning Mimic?

I'm gonna start skipping the in medias res bit at the start of each episode, I think.
    I'm sorry, let me try that again..."Why did she have such a crappy British accent?"
    IT just sounded so...off...
    Like you could really tell the person doing it was someone tryign to imitate a British accent. Sorry to have insulted you.

That filler girl had an obvious British accent which was very strong.

BTW, Team Rocket was way too cocky when they battled against Brock's Bonsly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wynaut? View Post
    I'm guessing Bonsly evolves soonish, what with it learning Mimic.
    it evolves the next episode.

My future Diamond team.

My future Pearl team

So Ash's Staravia is Australian? Man, that bird is awesome!

No, the filler girl Rosemay had an Australian/crap British accent.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    Staravia's voice sounded like...dare I say? A DRAMA QUEEN!
    Strange when you consider that Staravia could be a male.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Great episode, one of my favourites so far, mainly due to the whole horde of bird-type pokémon and the evolution of Starly.

One thing that annoyed me was that bird watchers voice, I hate it when people try to put accents on and either fail miserably or seemingly mock the country of origin, if you get my meaning, her voice was horrendous...

And on the topic of voices, Staravia's voice, well, I actually love it, I didn't expect it to be like that and that is probably why I like it so much.

Entertaining episode all round really, especially the hypnotised Meowth part, that bit had me laughing, I must admit...

9.5/10
    Subliminal rules: how to live, how to die.

FB ~ PC ~ PASBL

I shall purely reiterate what most people have been saying about this episode, with all it's pros and cons etc. The bird hordes were missing some Noctowl definitely, and I liked the computer animated 'tunnel run', even if it did look like it was taken from the 8th movie...
    Also, where was Mime Jr. in TR's motto recount?

Here's hoping 'Rosemay' doesn't make another appearance...

Do the Robot!

aswome i havnt watched the episodes in a while because they started to get off topic Now its so much better!
    The trainer card was made byNarutopokedude and celbiIadore

I thought it was a pretty good episode I didn't like Rose"B"ay's voice though (it's a B not M)... sounding like a cheap imitation.

I'm not a huge fan of Staravia's voice. I hate how it says it's full name every time instead of "Star Star Viaaaaaa" or what most Pokemon do.

It seemed a bit early for an evolution, but w/e
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

i wasnt so keen on the girl she was kinda annoying but it was good to see an evolution i felt sorry for starly though when it banged into the tree and had to have its leg bandged up by Brock

It was a good episode, love the evolution and Staravia, but i don't like it's voice at all, sounds like an opera singer.

Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net

I liked the episode,but I hated that they showed Starly evolving in the beginning

I didn't know why Ash's Starly evolved but I might not know it Staravia's cry might be the difference to the other Starly. Like what the episode says, A Staravia is Born!

Quote Originally Posted by Rapiido View Post
    I thought it was a pretty good episode I didn't like Rose"B"ay's voice though (it's a B not M)... sounding like a cheap imitation.

I'm not a huge fan of Staravia's voice. I hate how it says it's full name every time instead of "Star Star Viaaaaaa" or what most Pokemon do.
    Yeah, the voice was annoying.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

I still haven't seen this episode I can't even find it on youtube anyone know where else I could have the slightest chance to see it?
    I'm back and with a 3DS friend code if you want to add me: 5026 4445 5102

I think the bird trap was one of the smarter devices that Team Rocket has invented. Putting it in a canyon that bird pokemon frequently fly through at a corner where they can't stop in enough time was very smart. I also like the hoothoot hypnotizing Meowth into letting them escape, it was hilarious. Plus, seeing Jessie and James in their swimsuits was a neat treat (LOL when they told Meowth they were going to do "research", then strip off their clothes).

I also like the pokemon character development in this episode, with Starly evolving (love its voice) and Bonsly learning mimic, setting the stage for its evolution in the next episode.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

i have a staravia lvl 80 and staraptor lvl 100

it's not one of the best episodes but it's still entertaining, 7/10.

This one was one of my favorites.
    Why: Starly evolved so that makes it stronger and I love Staravia' dub voice.
    I also thought the trap where all birds fell in made the episode better then any stealing plan team rocket has tried.
    And all those Bird Pokemon made it a good episode to watch.
    Also the dub's name makes more scene and I like it better.
    The sub name is kind of stupid just like most sub episode names.
    I would give it 4 stars if I was a rater.
    Click Jirachi to join the amazing Ever Grande City forums! You won't regret joining it!
    I've claimed this Pokemon.

Episode was exellent and I loved to see Starly having main role and evoloving(maybe it was too early for it to evolove, but whatever). Staravia's voice was extra in both English and Japanesse dubs...

Nice episode, cool to see that Starly evolved...Staravia is cool
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Finally unpacked. You see, the reason I make these semi-blog snippets at the beginning of these suckers is so that I don't have to create an entire blog website like WPM.

This episode is a true landmark in Pokemon history, and one far bigger than either Mudkip's or Seaking's debuts. It is, of course, the birth of Muku.BIRD. Oh, good times, good times. In the span of 12 episodes, it had grown from retardified chickling to a full-grown BIRD of heavenly proportions. That said, this episode actually had substance besides the evolution. The general plot was ordinary (TR nets a band of wild Pokemon, Satoshi's Pokemon saves the day), but was executed nicely. Flying Pokemon aren't used as victims very often and I give TR credit for a fairly ellaborate scheme (although you have to believe some time gap exists for these schemes to unfold, especially with an entire bird Pokemon population vanishing just from TR).

Let's face it - Mukkuru had hardly been explored before this episode. It had one TR-search mission and that's it. Giving it not only a leadership personality but really having it flesh out (evolution included) worked wonders for the thing. I really like the whole bird Pokemon frenzy before Mukkuru's evolution, and Hoothoot & Nyasu was great for a few laughs. As for annoyances? The COTD was dry and did the episode no favors, the overall plot was still ordinary in spite of being enjoyable, and I probably would have appreciated some more Mukkuru development before this episode. Still a worthy coronation for the bird, however.

B
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast