Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Leave it to Brocko! (482)

Yeah, this was Brock's first real episode in D/P so far.

You would think after Brock spent the last 30 episodes doing mostly nothing, (his last main episode before this was the Pewter Gym ep in BF) that people would like that the writers gave him another ep.

Brock needs more episodes like this where he actually steps out of the background and contributes something for once.

Brock really needs more good episodes like this.

Maybe if Brock gets a he'll finally become a fresh character.

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Maybe if Brock gets a he'll finally become a fresh character.
    WTF? Brock had Mudkip, did that help him? No.

Mudkip was only used for the generic water gun attack and Marshtompt didn't do much either.

Compared to Sceptile and Blaziken, Brock's Marshtompt was a joke. This is probably why they gave the last starter to Shinji instead of Brock.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    WTF? Brock had Mudkip, did that help him? No.

Mudkip was only used for the generic water gun attack and Marshtompt didn't do much either.

Compared to Sceptile and Blaziken, Brock's Marshtompt was a joke. This is probably why they gave the last starter to Shinji instead of Brock.
    Hey, I can dream right?

Sure, but isn't it better to dream something that actually makes sense?

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I have too say, I really am starting too like Shiftry more lately, after the cool one's we got in the Ninja, Battle Palace, and this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    Sure, but isn't it better to dream something that actually makes sense?
    Yeah, you have a point.

Finally Bonsly evolved I hated that little brat of a pokemon.Overall this episode was boring!They could of at least had new pokemon instead of nuzleaf!
    [IMG]http://i13.*******.com/47lo29z.png[/IMG]
    Credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the awsome banner!

~Bishie~Mafia~Song~Friends

i didnt like how bonsly evolves i wanted it to stay as a bonsly but a good episode it is

8/10

merry christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    By that logic, Mime Jr. ought to have evolved way back in the middle of Kanto. Of course, that was before the mechanic was revealed, but still...
    Even then, the pokemon still has to want to evolve.
    The defender of all things Pokemon! I shall defend Pokemon from all who speak against it! AKA Jonathan

Bonsly looked surprised when he evolved..

Anyway, Too bad he evolved, he looked so cute... but anyway great episode and I still love how his own pokemon drags him out..

Funny mixed with Action and cuteness. Very good episode.
    And I came for fun..

I loved this episode.

Finally we're rid of Bonsly, i never like baby Pokemon, like Misty's Togepi. It was only carried around and never battled. No use, except for showcasing Togetic in ONE episode.

Also, the Gregguru VS Seviper fight was the best fight i have seen so far in a D/P episode, maybe right after Shinji VS Hyouta.

Gregguru: Take that!
    BAM!
    Seviper still wraps him.
    Gregguru: So? Won't listen?
    BAM!
    Seviper seems injured, but still holds on.
    Gregguru: You are one hardy sucker, right?
    BAM!
    Seviper KO.

Really funny.
    [IMG]http://*******.com/1oot2q[/IMG] Me, Flametrainer!!!!!! Me love Fire pokemon!!!!!

FlameTrainer's PokePet

Morphion the level 50 Dorapion!

FlameTrainer's PokePet

Mantiny the level 5 Tamanta!

I don't think it makes sense. Bonsly is a Sinnoh Pokemon, but then when they actually get to Sinnoh, it evolves! Satoshi Tijiri must be going nuts here!
    Last edited by PokeDouglas; 16th February 2007 at 3:27 PM. Reason: Change the sentence a bit.

Brock's newest pokemon since advanced , are great

This episode was pretty good. Meowth’s Boss Fantasy was ok. I thought it was funny when Dawn pokedexed Meowth (although they should’ve gotten suspicious since Meowth made a small Shiftry). I found it pretty hilarious when Brock swiped back Nuzleaf and Bonsly from TR when they were stuffing their faces. It was cool to see Brock’s Bonsly evolve into Sudowoodo, which was pretty cool in battle.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer View Post
    This episode was pretty good. Meowth’s Boss Fantasy was ok. I thought it was funny when Dawn pokedexed Meowth (although they should’ve gotten suspicious since Meowth made a small Shiftry). I found it pretty hilarious when Brock swiped back Nuzleaf and Bonsly from TR when they were stuffing their faces. It was cool to see Brock’s Bonsly evolve into Sudowoodo, which was pretty cool in battle.
    Remember, not all Pokemon in the anime have the same size. Need I remind you of that giant Magikarp?

I lold when James said boob. I never thought I'd hear that in the show.

I long for the day we will meet again.

I claim Molly/Eva from Oban Star-Racers as my Bishoujo!

Okay, I only got to see the beginning and the ending since the rain knocked out the satillite system right in the freakin middle. -_-

Sudowoodo owns! And the fight between Croagunk and Seviper was awesome! Anyway, that's pretty much it... Yeah, I missed a lot, like Brock distracting TR with food. Curse you, rain! CURSE YOU!

It really surpised me that PUSA created their own media res for this episode (this episode was second in a special, so the RAW didn't have media res). Comparing Nuzleaf's Japanese voice and the dub voice, it was weird to hear a Nuzleaf that's very frightened sound so confident. I'm glad that the whiny Bonsly is gone; Sudowoodo will be so much better.

And no Retaliate = Fail

FC: 3180-5269-0929

A pretty ok episode but very enjoyable. Brock has never been this lucky in the anime. His pokemons are full with personality. He is a really awesome breeder. I loved the whole scene when he was trying to talk to Nuzleaf.

Sudowoodo is really cool. I loved how he battled and Mimic is a great attack.

Yes! An episode just for Brock! FYE-NUL-EE!!

The music didn't bother me like it did in "A Staravia is Born!" It sounded just right. The ending of the episode to, I know that was original japanese bgm!

Brock was so cool in this episode and I bet his voice actor enjoyed it alot too. Cooking for TR, lol. The rescue bonsly and nuzleaf plan was great. All Pokemon in this episode had excellent voices (to me, at least). Sudowoodo's voice is cute and funny, even though I already heard it in that AG episode with the golden filler thingy.

Brock actually battling! I thought the day would never come. He actually battled with TR! The battle benefitted James, Brock, Dustox and Cacnea the most seeing as they rarley ever have a real battle. I'd rather see Brock fight them then send them off with a thunderbolt, it gave the episode more edge.

LOL at Croagunk battling, it showed no emotion or motion what so ever,

Now this has been my all time favorite episode so far of all of D/P (my opinion) The dubbers even keeped the episode title the same, with the exception of an added 'O', but who cares.

And my favorite dialouge
    After Ash and Dawn find Brock battling TR and after Dawn checks out Sudowoodo on the Pokedex...

Ash- "K Brock, we'll take it from here."
    Brock- "Thanks, but Sudowoodo and I can handle this."

---Not having to listen to Ash's voice, not having to listen to horridly bad dub music, seeing Brock put Ash in his place and battling TR, Brock getting development. Overall I LOVED this episode!
    That awkward moment when three years after inactivity you feel the need to come back to the fandom.

I'm really happy that Brock did something for once. Brock's team is awsome too. Sudowoodo is way better then Bonsly, and Croagunk...Well, Croagunk is just plain awsome.

This episode is a must for Brock fans. It's not often that we get to see Brock and his Pokemon shine like this.

Yea this ep was pretty good! It get funnier and funnier when they scan Meowth dressed up like some kind of Pokemon haha

Pretty good. Major AG deja vu to the similar episode, but that was filler, while this isn't due to an Evolution. I noticed Jessie's been using Dustox quite alot lately. That's good, since it gets screentime, but it makes me wonder if they're showcasing it because they'll get rid of it soon.

For those saying Bonsly's evolution made no sense: It evolves after it learns Mimic, which was last episode. If you say thtag by that logic, Mime Jr. should have evolved by now too, it's never shown Mime Jr. knows Micmic, it just mimics James. Mimic the move copies attacks, and Mime Jr. was never seen to do that. (Unless I missed an ep...)

Teh Goodzors:
    -Carnivine VS Croagunk FTW. Croagunk has this 'So what? leave me alone' look the whole time.
    -Sudowoodo saluting. I can see it in an army outfit now. XD
    -When Brock returned Sudowoodo at the river, only to have Nuzleaf crash into the ground
    -Wobbuffet balloon!
    -LOL at the compliments TR gave Brock while eating. "Maybe if I give him some coal he'll make me some diamonds!"
    -Brock was smart, taking Bonsly and Nuzleaf while TR was eating
    -Brock finally gets what he needs-A good episode starring him-Ash tries to steal the spotlight at the end, but Brock's like "No way, this is MY episode!"

Teh Badzors:
    -This episode was pretty bland. Mostly a rehash of that other lost Nuzleaf episode in Hoenn, save for Sudowoodo.
    -Pikachu still manages to ultimately beat TR at the end...
    -I really didn't like how Bonsly evolved. Apparently I'm the only person here who liked it as a Bonsly. Well, I'll be better once Happiny comes around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Four Karen
    Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best.
    Take a step and I'm on my way. Gonna start all over again!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast