Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Leave it to Brocko! (482)

Yes, finnaly Brock got the spotlight in an episode, but I guess it will be long time to next time we see him like that.

Definitely my favourite D/P episode so far. Let me run through a few of my fave things.

Sudo-bloody-woodo!
    Wobbuffet balloon...
    Meowth getting Dex'd...
    Sudowoodo!
    Dustox and Cacnea!
    Croagunk vs Seviper...
    Wobbuffet using a knife and fork!
    Saluting Sudowoodo!

And finally... It's so great to see a Brock-centered episode for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh Roxxorz View Post
    -This episode was pretty bland. Mostly a rehash of that other lost Nuzleaf episode in Hoenn, save for Sudowoodo.
    I knew that seemed rewashed somehow!

Well, this one didn't suck as bad as the last one. One thing that I got a little irritated at was Team Rocket not knowing about Brock being able to cook since I remember seeing numerous scenes where they see the twerps eating and enjoying, and even one where they ate the food. And great to see Bonsly evolve into Sudowoodo (should have been some certain other pokemon of Brock's). And that's all I really want to comment on.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Quote Originally Posted by Teh Roxxorz View Post
    For those saying Bonsly's evolution made no sense: It evolves after it learns Mimic, which was last episode. If you say thtag by that logic, Mime Jr. should have evolved by now too, it's never shown Mime Jr. knows Micmic, it just mimics James. Mimic the move copies attacks, and Mime Jr. was never seen to do that. (Unless I missed an ep...)
    Mime Jr. uses Mimic in Spontaneous Combusken and in King and Queen for a Day.
    Haxorus has been pitted against a Raticate in a pokemon battle. Who will get to make the first move?

This episode was highly entertaining, in my eyes, I laughed on numerous occasions, though the things I laughed about weren't really very funny:

- Sudowoodo using flail, I just thought it looked hilarious, I don't know why...

- Croagunk beating Seviper and then the camera going onto it to show it had fainted itself, just it's expression had me laughing.

All in all, I thouroughly enjoyed this episode, though all it did was recycle oldies, moreso than anything else, it was entertaining and interesting.

8/10
    Subliminal rules: how to live, how to die.

FB ~ PC ~ PASBL

This, for me, has been the best episode of the series so far, very entertaining.

Whether the producers were merely 'bigging up' Brock's team for this episode, I don't know, but it seems that he has some very strong Pokémon!

I thought Meowth getting 'dexed was brilliant, but even after that, Ash asking 'Who are you?' - just plain ignorance...

Do the Robot!

This one is a great episode. I am happy that Brock has an episode about his pokemon. Before Diamond and Pearl had started , I taught that Brock became boring and he should leave but now I compeltely changed my opinion. This season Brock and his pokemon become very enjoying. I think Gregguru (Croagunk) is the funniest person of the anime , the pervert frog.

Anyway , Bonsly was a cute crying baby , and now he becomes a loyal and amusing sudowoodo. I love Sudowoodo's personality and in my opinion its voice is lovable.

At this episode Brock prooved again that he is an excellent pokemon breeder. The relation between Nuzleaf and him shows it. I like the Sudowoodo-Nuzleaf interaction too. The scene when Brock returns Sudowoodo while it is carrying Nuzleaf is funny , poor Nuzleaf falls directly.
    Black 2 Friend Code: Efe / 0047 0990 1313 White Team: ;503; ;518; ;534; ;618; ;628; ;644;

I'm glad Bonsly evolved
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

Yeah good filler episode im glad Bonsly evolved and now Sudowoodo is great as well. Also as somebody said it was good to have an episode forcused on Brock and his pokemon rather than forcusing on Ash or Dawn

I'm just getting back into all the Pokemon I've missed, and this was an excellent episode to start me off. I loved Bonsly and Sudowoodo's voices, and it was nice to see Brock battling and showing his progress as a breeder as well. I was gratified to hear Ash admit Brock's the best at everything. :P I was touched to see Bonsly resolving to try breaking out of the cage again at Brock's encouragement, and I always knew he was a battler. I'm sure he'll be a great asset to the Gym. I know everyone says Brock's not a Gym Leader anymore, but I've always adored that side of him, so it was great to see him work with a Rock type again. I think this episode exemplifies his character perfectly: his use of strategy, his gentleness, his bond with his Pokemon, and that he's still able to battle, even if it's not his main focus nowadays.
    My OTPs. I also like Rocketshipping.

Paired with ~Ampris~ in the InsanelyLongPMsship

Proud member of the Club for Brock's Fans. The character's sadly unappreciated these days.

so happy that Bonsly evolved into Sudowoodo, but I'm gonna miss the little thing. The episode really shows how evolution can change more than a Pokemon's look and strength, Bonsly's baby personality to a loyal Pokemon like Sudowoodo.

It's a Forretress, what else needs to be said?
    A video of my friend attemping to jump a fence

This is one of my favorite episodes so far. It showed that Brock isn't as useless as people make him to be. His pokemon all have great personality and Bonsly/Sudowoodo showed that. Even though we've seen Bonsly since the Frontier, after evolving its personality was so different it almost seems like we have a completely different character. I may be exaggerating, quite possibly, but with the many unentertaining fillers we see in the anime, it's awesome to see one as good as this.

Quote Originally Posted by the_w0lf View Post
    It showed that Brock isn't as useless as people make him to be.
    One good Brock episode after every 40 episodes doesn't cut it.

Good to see Brock do something for a change. He really should've caught that Nuzleaf though. Oh well, I enjoyed that episode

Bonsly was annoying, but it has been great since it evolved into Sudowoodo. Although I've never been a fan of Sudowoodo (season four's "Type Casting" ruined the pokemon forever for me), there's just this charm about Brock's Sudowoodo that I can't explain (maybe it's the Wobbuffet-like saluting? ).

Anyway, it was great to see Brock get his own starring episode for a change, something we don't get too often. I like when he cooked up the meal for Team Rocket so he could get away. The bond between Bonsly/Sudowoodo and nuzleaf was cute too. James getting the double hit from Cacnea and Carnivine was funny too.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

I felt proud for Bonsly when it evolved ^_^ It was a bit unexpected, but still good. Too bad Brock didn't get to keep that Nuzleaf... ah well.

The first scene was the greatest, though. The rest was kinda... blah, boring.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

It's about time there was a good Brock episode. Nice that Bonsly evolved, I like Sudowoodo, the way it salutes when it says its name much like Wobbuffet. It would have been nice if Brock had kept the Nuzleaf, though. I think it would have been a good Pokemon for him.

I'll agree that it was nice to see Brock take the spotlight for a change. A lot of people complain that he should battle more, so this episode should have made them happy. Me, I'm fine with him not fighting; it's nice to have one character who isn't there just for the battles, but is trying to learn about other types of Pokemon and how to give them the best care. He doesn't need to fight, so he doesn't. It would be a boring show if they were all like that, but Brock lends some variety to the ensemble. It makes it even more effective when he does choose to fight.

And as a certain Real Old Guy once said, "Just because I don't like to fight doesn't mean that I can't."
    Walk a little further off the beaten path
    And we’ll drive on even if we get there last
    Our backs against the wall and we will lunge and bite
    And we’ll rage, rage, rage against the dying of the light
    Here And Now by Great Big Sea

My shinies-

I'll agree that it was nice to see Brock take the spotlight for a change. A lot of people complain that he should battle more, so this episode should have made them happy. Me, I'm fine with him not fighting; it's nice to have one character who isn't there just for the battles, but is trying to learn about other types of Pokemon and how to give them the best care. He doesn't need to fight, so he doesn't. It would be a boring show if they were all like that, but Brock lends some variety to the ensemble. It makes it even more effective when he does choose to fight.

And as a certain Real Old Guy once said, "Just because I don't like to fight doesn't mean that I can't."
    Walk a little further off the beaten path
    And we’ll drive on even if we get there last
    Our backs against the wall and we will lunge and bite
    And we’ll rage, rage, rage against the dying of the light
    Here And Now by Great Big Sea

My shinies-

yet another pokemon heal adventure, it's getting a bit standard since i've seen alot of these episodes lately, still it was fine for the rest soit should be allright.

Back from my first day at work, and guess how I'm celebrating it? That's right; by compensating for my lack of homework by rewatching rubbish from 2006!

Actually, the fact that this episode actually features Takeshi doing something other than playing maid instantly makes it not rubbish. And if you're a Takeshi fan, chances are you really enjoyed this episode, especially combined with Usohachi evolving from its obnoxious crybaby self. As someone who could not care less for the rarely-seen fellow, however, parts of this episode bored me greatly. After all, it is in essence a standard hide-and-seek-from-TR episode that's only made more significant by the evolution. I've also never been that interested by the Shiftry family; I would have far preferred to see a newer breed of Pokemon.

That said, I do savor the moments Takeshi does get since they are so sparce. Usohachi's evolution method is a bit lame (Breaking a cage? Meh.), but Usokki actually gets some good development here with the whole water fear thing, especially since it's currently the dryest of his Pokemon personality-wise. I also felt the BGM in this episode was stellar. The plot sticks to a relatively basic pattern but does nothing that wrong. On the whole, non-Takeshi fans won't get the most out of this episode but will still find some enjoyment in it, even if it's not as good as the Ralts episode which had a similar plot.

B-
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Nice to see an episode about Brock...finally he get some spotlight again
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

this episode was nice, finally someone else than always ash ^^

I am not a big fan of Nuzleaf or Shifty (I like Seedot though kinda cute) so it wasn't that much of an interesting episode to me, however the highlight is when TR is like this is Shifty and then Dawn pulls out her pokedex and it says Meowth's entry (Is D/P the first time Pikachu's and Meowth's dex entries have ever been mentioned? Because I know when Dawn again took the pokedex out on Pikachu that I think it was the first time they did that), anyway that scene made me LOL.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

I was very unimpressed by this episode. Other than the evolution of Bonsly into Sudowoodo, this episode was Filler-ish. I mean sure Bonsly evolved, but it seems like they were in a hurry to get rid of it for Sudowoodo. It was just really odd to see a Sinnoh Pokemon evolve into a Johto Pokemon at the start of the DP saga. Sudowoodo has yet to impress me overall. 3/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 7th November 2010 at 10:30 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast