Thread: Loss of Love-AAML (One-Shot) PG-13

Default Loss of Love-AAML (One-Shot) PG-13

My first One-Shot, read it, I promise you, you will love it! Think of it as a Christmas Special!

Loss of Love

Ash was now currently in the hospital, he was waiting to be called in by the doctor, he had called him in his house late last night and said that it was urgent. Ash had knots twirling and butterflies flapping in his stomach. What did the doctor find that was so vital was beyond him, he had went for a check-up and now he was calling him in, out of the blue.

Ash's leg were crossed together, tapping his fingers on his knees, and started thinking about Misty, how he loved her, and all the unforgettable memories they shared together. However, how much he thought about her, it was futile, it did not relive his stress.

A nurse appeared from the doctor's office, "Ash Ketchum, the doctor would like to see you now."

Ash sat up, and walked nervously to the doctor's office, anxiety washing all over him, for some strange reason, he had a thought that whatever he was going to tell him, wasn't good.

Ash entered the room, the doctor told him to have a seat.

"So, doctor, whats so urgent?" asked Ash worriedly.

"Ash" the doctor who always had a happy face, was now full of concern, "Ash, you have a disease that no one ever had before."

Ash just stared at him, his heart felt like it was going to fall out of his stomach, his throat went dry. "W-wh-" Ash coughed again, "What kind of disease?" he asked, dreading the answer.

"Look, all humans have a genetic code that sets them apart from everyone, right? God knows why, your genetic code, strangely, has a genetic code for Mew, the rarest Pokemon in the world. Mew has the DNA of all Pokemon, and I am utterly astounded, you have the genes of all Pokemon too."

Ash was lost for words, his minds was sending all sorts of thoughts, he asked him if he had all the genetic code of Pokemon, why didnt he have powers. The doctor said that was because your parents are human. Ash held on to the side of the chair he was sitting in, ready to leave the office. But the doctor told him to stay.

The doctor had a very solemn face, "Ash, there is a price to having this. You could die. But, it could happen tomorrow or maybe in a centurty, no one knows, when this disease hits your heart, you will die instantly. How and when you die is purely selected by luck." the doctor told Ash. Ash thanked him for these information.

Ash truly had a slap of reality, know he knew the meaning of "Live every day as if its your last".

~*~

For the past two months, Ash had been spending a lot of time with his family and friends. He told them all about this, Delia took the news worse, she kept wailing in her room for hours. But Ash assured her that he wasn't going to leave soon. Brock, May, Hikari and Max were dumbstruck by the news, Brock cried silently, Max was something else, he was grieved, he thought of Ash as his mentor, his idol. May and Hikari were crying silently into each others shoulders. Ash called out all his Pokemon and told them the disturbing news, of course, Pikachu almost had a heart-attack, his trainer, they were through thick and thin, might leave him forever.

"Guys, stop acting as if this is the last time you're going to see me! I could die a century later, no one knows when this will happen, ok!" said Ash sadly to everyone. "Now, dont act sad, if we spend more time together, it would be good."

That lifted everyone's spirit, he put a smile on his and everyone's face.

The next day, there was a huge party that was celebrated for Ash. Ash couldn't have asked for anything better. That truly touched his heart, Delia was in the kitchen cooking Ash's favorite meals. In the living room, it was just Ash, May, Hikari and Brock. Max was off playing with the Pokemon.

Everyone was here but a certain red-head.

"Ash, why didn't you invite Misty?" May asked.

"Actually, I called her an hour ago, she is coming tomorrow and I am going to take her on a picnic." Ash said. "I'm going to tell her that I love her." Ash blushed furiously.

May and Hikari exploded with giggles and kept saying mushy comments, while Brock just nodded, he knew all along that he and Misty had feelings for each other.

"Tomorrow, at noon, I am going to take her to the lake, it was where we first met, and I think she will like it." Ash informed them.

"Awww, Ashy wants to tell Misty that he woves her." May said in a baby voice, apparently teasing Ash, the whole room exploded in laughter.

Delia called them for dinner, Ash's mouth gaped, it was the best type of food he ever had, it had simply everything that Ash liked. He took a piece of everything on the table, and devoured it in less than a minute.

After sharing a hectic dinner full of laughter and jokes, Ash told his mother that he needed a basket because he was going to take Misty out on a picnic. Delia's reaction was the exact same as May and Hikari. She told him that she would love to make the food for the picnic. Ash thanked her, and gave her a huge hug and a kiss, and was off to sleep.

~*~

Ash woke up, and stared at the open space. He was alive, nothing happened yet. He smiled to himself, he got dressed and went back down, and greeted by everyone. Ash ate, Pikachu in the same plate too, Pikachu was licking all the Ketchup from Ash. Ash moved away the plate from Pikachu, enraging him and squirting Ketchup all over each other. They laughed loudly, finally they heard a door bell ring, Ash opened the door, it was Misty.

"ASH!" screamed Misty in happiness, she hugged him, or maybe squeezed the life out of him.

Ash and Misty started to talk a lot, and about everything.

"Misty, we are going to a picnic, just me and you, over at the lake where we frst met." said Ash, who blushed madly, Misty did the same thing too. Ash hugged everyone before he left, it was a natural instinct. Ash took hold of the picnic, and they hit the road. It was a half hour walk, but it was a fun one, Ash and Misty talked about everything. Misty told him that she had been lonely in the Gym, she missed traveling a lot. But she did tell him that in Kanto, she felt like a celebrity, everyone knew her because she was a Gym Leader. So, they talked and talked about life.

Ash didn't tell her about his disease.

"I'm going to tell Ash that I love him, no more hiding. Maybe he loves me too!" thought Misty excitedly.

"I'm going to tell Misty that I love her, and hopefully, she loves me too." thought Ash, anxious for her response.

Ash and Misty finally arrived at the lake, they just stared at it for the longest time ever, memories flooding their minds. It just seemed like yesterday that Misty was fishing and caught Ash, reeling him in. And also, how Ash had "borrowed" her bike, but in the end, he finally returned it.

Ash took out the blanket and spread it into a smooth piece of land, where the rocks wouldnt hurt them. He took out the food, there were salads, finger sandwiches, and mini-pizzas. Ash and Misty helped each other spread the food together, finally, eating.

"So, Ash, why did you want to have a picnic with me?" asked Misty, taking a small bite from the mini-pizza.

Ash smiled, "Can't I spend my day with a special friend?" Ash smiled when Misty smiled at this, both blushing slightly.

They both ate graciously, they talked about everything. Nothing could ruin the moment.

Ash and Misty were both now at the front of the lake, their legs dipped in the water, the only thing they could see was the lake that seemed to stretch beyond their very eyes. The water glistend in the sunlight, once in a while it was too bright, but they didn't want to leave.

"Misty, I wanna tell you something." Ash was ready to express his feelings to Misty, now was the best time.

Misty cut in, "No, Ash, let me tell you something. I have known you for five years, we have been through a lot together, thick and thin. You are truly my best friend, even though we had a lot of fights, behind them were laughs. Your eyes may be brown, but they have the magic, shining wherever you go. I could wait night and day for you, and I always thank God that I had reeled you in that day. What I'm trying to tell you Ash, is that.....I love you."

Before Ash could say or do anything, a small pink Pokemon with a long tail appeared...Mew. The moment he locked eyes with Mew, it disappeared with a smile. Instantly, he felt something in his heart. It was time, the disease finally reached his heart. His chocolaty and shining eyes that always shined now turned into a dull gray, he fell into Misty's arms. Misty didn't scream, she knew, Ash died. Just when he was about to respond, he left her. Ash was nothing but a spirit now, Misty felt guilt boil in her, she had so many chances to tell Ash that she loved him, and now, he was gone. Gone forever. No one would ever see, hear, or talk to him anymore.

This is truly a loss of love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\

Im sorry, you might hate me and think that Im cruel. This is why I want to prove to you live your life to the fullest.

ML
    Last edited by MistyLover; 2nd April 2007 at 5:34 PM.

Aww, that's soo sad? *cries* It stinks that Ash died before he could say anything, but I hope Misty doesn't think that he died 'cause she told him that she loved him. But how does having Mew's DNA hurt you? Does it act like a parasite that feeds off your body or something, like cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis Ignitan View Post
    Aww, that's soo sad? *cries* It stinks that Ash died before he could say anything, but I hope Misty doesn't think that he died 'cause she told him that she loved him. But how does having Mew's DNA hurt you? Does it act like a parasite that feeds off your body or something, like cancer?
    It hurts you because it changes the human genepool which is dangerous of course! But are you truly sad?

This story was I would say 3/5 material. It had a good plot and interesting ideas, but I think that maybe a story like this would be better off written as a multi-chaptered fic; because this story went by too fast and needed a little more detail to build up drama and suspense since it had a tragic ending. So basically my main problem with this fic is that it was too short for something that I felt should be extended. Everything else was fine though so I hope you can continue making more one-shots!
    Read and Review my Fic:
    A Journey of Souls

Banner given to me by my great friend MistyLover, made by the talented AmazingKiss
    Currently Posted: Chapter 18-The Venox Vanishings
    Currently Working On: Chapter 22

Aww 4/5!! It's so sad that Ash died!!! =[ Loss of Love is a definitely good name for the one shot!! =] MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    Pokeshipper
    (n.): Because we don't forget 5five
    seasons, 4four cameos, 3three supporters,
    2two gifts, and 1one departure worth of emotions.

wow...

I certainly didn't expect this to happen..

I got tears in my eyes..

I think it's a great story to tell people to live life tot the max, because it can be over any minute...

I think it's nice for Ash he died in Misty's arms...

too bad Misty doesn't know Ash loves her too, he didn;t get the chance to tell her.

and I certainly don't hate for "killing" Ash. it's a different story than usual, so it's good.

~SB~
    Last edited by Shiny Bashamo; 25th December 2006 at 12:16 AM.

My current SS team
    Badges: 13
    Click my pokémon on GPX+here
    With a Heart of Gold and a Soul of Silver, they came to give us what we always wished for; a remake of the best games ever!
    Twin: Chloé | Adoptee:Vivronkasaur

hmm. while the plot is very good, try to stretch it out wayyyy more. and add alot more description. use SPELLCHECK!
    otherwise, this is great

It was absoltly excellent! But i'll only give it a 4 and 1/2 because it was a little rushed and sudden. It could of been a little more streached out but it was still good!
    Best friends forever and beyond with Orenji-chan!
    Good friends with Misty Lover and
    friends with XxM!styxX, Genkiness and Artemis Ignitan.
    Koiyuki's PokePet
    Sakura the level 67 Cherrim!
    I won a shipping oscar! Look at my prize: My Prize

It was sad but good. Too bad Ash never got to say he loved her. But I have to agree with everyone it was kind of rushed. But still this fic was good

That was sad. ;_; Though Ash died knowing Misty loved him, what became of Misty? And Pikachu.... Noooo! You can't kill Ash! That should be made illegal!!! He was so young... there were so many dreams he had... so many unfulfilled dreams...

Ash.... R.I.P. :'( We will miss you so....

Will there be a sequel? I wanna see how Misty takes it and what she does. Wow... How painful it must've been. >.<

~~Awesomeness~~

Im happy that this one shot is going so well!!!! Sorry that it was a bit rushed, I can promise you that the sequal wont! I still didnt work on the sequal, I still have to work on Chapter 13. Well, off to Disneyland in two hours! Any more reviews is extremely wanted!

That was good. I must echo the sentiment that it was short, but what it needed to do, it did.

Good work.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Thanks for the comments everyone, anyone else wanting to comment?

Eyes getting itchy.....
    Must resist the urge to cry...
    Great story except the part about ash dying...
    T_T Ash...
    My shinies:
    Currently hunting for:

Only 3 outside pics are allowed, please read the signature rules.

.... .... Wow.... Reading that.. felt like I had a spirit leaving my body.. at the end of reading I had to just sit there, blank, feeling my whole body feel my heart's pulse running through it.. this was a very emotional one-off chapter, and something unexpected whilst looking for another fic of yours.

10/10 You've shaken me to my very soul.

I can't believe I forgot to favorite this...

So it's not off topic, I'll say it again: this was really, really good. Very sad, but it was so well written that every piece fell into place perfectly.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog