Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weyland-Yutani: The Aliens Fanclub

Exclamation Weyland-Yutani: The Aliens Fanclub

Welcome to the Aliens Fanclub!
    This is fanclub devoted to the four base movies in the series: Alien, Aliens, Alien3, and Alien: Ressurection.
    From the Company to the United Systems Military, Ellen Ripley to Ripley 8 to even the Xenomorphs, we love Aliens. We really, really do.

Club Rules:
    - No flaming, bashing, or trolling.
    - No chatspeak, 1337, or other forms of illiteracy.
    - No discussion of Alien vs. Predator.
    - Try to keep discussion related to the films or official novels, or speculation based on those two.
    - Don't ask to be a co-owner. EVER.

---

Frequently Asked Questions
    Q: Why can't we discuss AVP, or the upcoming AVP2?
    A: Because this tends to lead to flame wars. Even in a club for Alien fans, there's going to be at least one person that likes Predators even more. I don't want this club closed because two morons had to get in a fight over which creature is better. (Plus, it doesn't help that I'd likely BE one of those idiots.)

Q: Why can't I discuss an Aliens comic I have?
    A: Because there's alot of non-canon crap out there. I swear to god I've seen an Aliens/Justice League crossover comic. Just...no.

Q: Why did you name the club 'Weyland-Yutani'?
    A: Hopefully you know that Weyland-Yutani (aka the Company) is the secondary antagonist in 3/4 films. They're the ones that keep trying to harvest an Alien as a biological weapon. As to why I named the club 'Weyland-Yutani', well...I'm just uncreative. "The Aliens Club" sounded really bland, and seeing as the Company seems to e a huge fan of the Xenomorphs (seeing as they, you know, want to harvest them as weapons 'n' all), I thought it was fitting.

Q: ALIENS SUCK!
    A: Yes, thank you. Now go drink drain cleaner.

---

Member List:
    Owner: Ushi No Tane
    Honorary CO: Furizaa
    Co-Owner (2): -----
    1. ~Dotaitos~

Club Banners:
    You may put these in your sig you advertise.

Quadrilogy Club Image. 200x150 pixels.

Basic Club Banner. 337x100 pixels.

'Sexy Back' Club Banner. 248x98 pixels.
    Last edited by Fangirl; 31st December 2006 at 10:38 AM.

Okay, so, I'm bumping this, because it just got approved, and it's on like, page four with no replies, and the rules say I can.
    I probably should have given this club some stauch, corporate layout since I had to be a douchebag and name it after the Company, but I can't be bothered. 8D

Anyway. To give this bump some basic purpose, and draw in a few people who might be interested, let's have a mini survey to see what would-be members like about the Alien franchise, as well as a little bit about themselves.

---

Name: What you'd like to be called around these parts.
    How did you get into Aliens? Friend? Family? Late-night channel surfing?
    Favorite Character: Your favorite non-Xenomorph character.
    Favorite Aspect of the Series: Blood? Gore? The deep rooted criticism of large corporations and the faults they possess? (<-- Yey. Wkipedia philosophy.)
    Favorite Film: Alien, Aliens, Aliens3, or Alien: Ressurection
    Favorite Overall Scene: ...don't make me spoon feed you people.
    ---

As for my answers:

Name: Ushi, Kris, Kimori, Cat, FG. Maybe I should take the handle 'Weyland', and whoever ends up as CO could be 'Yutani'? :o
    How did you get into Aliens? Not exactly sure. I was like, 9, 10, maybe 11 when I first saw Aliens: Rez. I fell in love with Ripley, Call, and the Aliens. Sometime later, I saw pieces of Alien3, then bits of Alien, and after recently getting the Quadrilogy Box Set, I've been able to see Aliens. So, yeah.
    Favorite Character: Ripley 8 (she's a bit more badass than the original Ripley, though I'll admit Ripley got more and more raw each time she encountered the Xenomorphs), Annalee Call, Bishop, Newt...Ripley 8 and Call are tied for my first place though, really.
    Favorite Aspect of the Series: I'm not going to lie to you. I could go on about the psychlogical aspects, like how Welyand-Yutani is a harsh satire of modern cooporations, but you know, screw that. There isn't a single thing deep or profound about what makes the movie series REALLY appeal to me. I just like six foot tall, bloodthirsty extraterrestrial killing machines with secondary jaws for tongues and the tendency to rape your face. How can you NOT love something that springs from an egg, lays a parasite in your chest, which then proceeds to burst from your ribcage in a gruesome and morbid manner, killing you with extreme pain, and leaving those that survive you to die at the hands of the beast three hours later when it's matured? Oh, wait...that's morbid. Let's just leave it at...the aliens are my favorite part of Aliens.
    Favorite Film: Alien: Ressurection
    Favorite Overall Scene: God, I really couldn't say. Pulling it off the top of my head it would probably be something for Rez, but that's probably because I'm watching it now and have it on the brain. Um, jeez. Probably the scene in the Auriga where the conversation goes a little something like, "So you said you fought these things before?" "Yeah." "So what did you do?" "...I died." "......"

---

Anyway. There we are. I'll get off my rump tonight or tomorrow and make a few banners for sigs. For now, however, I'm returning to my DVD. So, have fun. Post, introduce yourself, have a right good time. I only ask that you remember one thing:

Xenomorphs are intelligent creatures. Don't insult them by butchering the English language. Be literate, or risk having a secondary jaw pierce your skull plate.

Hey can I join? The Alien series is my favourite film series ever!

Name: ~Dotaitos~
    How did you get into Aliens? My cousin told me about the films so I decided to rent the first one. I loved it and immediately bought the Quadrilogy box set.
    Favorite Character: Ripley, of course.
    Favorite Aspect of the Series: The Aliens
    Favorite Film: Alien
    Favorite Overall Scene: The scene in the first film where they find the abandoned ship on LV-426, and the face hugger attacks Kane.

Yeah, you can join. <3 So nice to see literacy.

I prefered just before he found the eggs, personally, when they find the Space Jockey. ._O Everytime I see it, it creeps me out.

Did you know, during the filming of Alien, they did not tell the cast exactly what was going to happen during the Chestburster scene, and instead had them walk onto the set with Kane already laid out on the table? When the blood burst from his torso, it was an actual shock to the other cast members, leading to a more sincere scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Ushi No Tane View Post
    Yeah, you can join. <3 So nice to see literacy.

I prefered just before he found the eggs, personally, when they find the Space Jockey. ._O Everytime I see it, it creeps me out.

Did you know, during the filming of Alien, they did not tell the cast exactly what was going to happen during the Chestburster scene, and instead had them walk onto the set with Kane already laid out on the table? When the blood burst from his torso, it was an actual shock to the other cast members, leading to a more sincere scene.
    Yeah, I did know that as I've listened to all the audio commentaries on the Alien DVDs because I'm obsessed with the Alien films . Yes, the scene where they enter the ship is incredibly creepy, like most of the first film. You know, the Space Jockey scene wasn't originally meant to be set on a ship. The original script set that scene in a giant pyramid and not a crashed ship.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Dotaitos~ View Post
    Yeah, I did know that as I've listened to all the audio commentaries on the Alien DVDs because I'm obsessed with the Alien films . Yes, the scene where they enter the ship is incredibly creepy, like most of the first film. You know, the Space Jockey scene wasn't originally meant to be set on a ship. The original script set that scene in a giant pyramid and not a crashed ship.

Yeah, I knew about that. I'm not sure, but I think I like the ship idea better, I've seem some concept arts and crap for the pyramid idea and it's just too...bright? Doesn't give me the same feel as the ship.

Am I the only one that finbds Chestbursters oddly cute?

Yeah, I knew about that. I'm not sure, but I think I like the ship idea better, I've seem some concept arts and crap for the pyramid idea and it's just too...bright? Doesn't give me the same feel as the ship.

Am I the only one that finbds Chestbursters oddly cute?
    I've also seen the concept art for the pyramid and it certainly doesn't look as dark and gloomy as the crashed ship, it wouldn't have had the same effect. I suppose I can see how the chestburster in the first film could be seen as cute, but I can't really find it cute when it's just ripped through someones ribcage and is covered in blood.

I've also seen the concept art for the pyramid and it certainly doesn't look as dark and gloomy as the crashed ship, it wouldn't have had the same effect. I suppose I can see how the chestburster in the first film could be seen as cute, but I can't really find it cute when it's just ripped through someones ribcage and is covered in blood.
    I dunno, the chestbursters, especially the one from Alien, was adorable in a morbid kind of way. :O all lookin' around with that weird screech coo. "Eeeeeeiiiya....eeeeeeeiiya..."

Then again i also found the Newborn cute, so, ah, yeah.

I dunno, the chestbursters, especially the one from Alien, was adorable in a morbid kind of way. :O all lookin' around with that weird screech coo. "Eeeeeeiiiya....eeeeeeeiiya..."

Then again i also found the Newborn cute, so, ah, yeah.
    You found the newborn cute? Ok....personally I think even the regular xenomorphs are cuter than that....thing. However, I do think the chest burster in the first film would be cute if it wasn't for all the blood.
    Last edited by ~Dotaitos~; 30th December 2006 at 11:12 PM.

You found the newborn cute? Ok....personally I think even the regular xenomorphs are cuter than that....thing.
    Well, it was an abomination to nature, I'll give you that, but I mean, you can't HATE it. It's half Riply, half Xenomorph, it's like the f*cked up love child of the two coolest things in the movie.

When I was younger I wanted Ripley 8 and Call to get like a little house with a white picket fence and raise the Newborn, since it seemed to obey Ripley pretty well. And I was sad when it got sucked into the vacuum of space. D:

And...the regular Xenomorphs ARE cute. That's probably how I'd meet my death in a horror movie; I'd try to hug one and get my skull pierced.

When I was younger I wanted Ripley 8 and Call to get like a little house with a white picket fence and raise the Newborn, since it seemed to obey Ripley pretty well.
    That sounds like a pretty good idea for the fifth movie.

Regular xenomorphs aren't what I'd call cute, they're more cool than cute.
    Last edited by ~Dotaitos~; 30th December 2006 at 11:27 PM.

Regular xenomorphs aren't what I'd call cute, they're more cool than cute.
    Nah they're a combination of the two. B*tchin' enough to make you go, "...I really don't wanna screw with that.", but cute enough to warrant a, "I'd totally wear Xenomorph slippers."

I want Xeno slippers. The secondary jaw could go over your middle toe like a little glove thingie and you could wiggle it around and scare you cat/dog/young children.

Nah they're a combination of the two. B*tchin' enough to make you go, "...I really don't wanna screw with that.", but cute enough to warrant a, "I'd totally wear Xenomorph slippers."

I want Xeno slippers. The secondary jaw could go over your middle toe like a little glove thingie and you could wiggle it around and scare you cat/dog/young children.
    I'd definitely buy xenomorph slippers, I love scaring young children, and hopefully xenomorph clothing would become the new fashion, instead of people wearing the skin of animals, they'd wear xenomorph skin.
    Last edited by ~Dotaitos~; 31st December 2006 at 12:17 AM.

XD I showed my friend, who's not on these forums, this thread. She called me a geek, and an interesting conversation insued.

FanaticForRP: DX they were good movies!
    FanaticForRP: Good enough for SLIPPERS!
    **********: They make carebear slippers but that doesn't mean carbears is good
    FanaticForRP: Oh please, you'd totally wear Xenomorph slippers if they made them.
    FanaticForRP: I'd buy three pair, personally.
    FanaticForRP: sometimes I'ld put them on my hands too and walk on all fours.
    FanaticForRP: Hissing at people.
    **********: pass.
    I omitted her screenname for privacy reasons.

:O Okay, here's a question. Do you prefer the company as a secondary antagonist, or the USM?

Edit: Wearing Xenomorph skin poses some problems. XD If you got Xenomorphs around, odds are you're not gonna live long enough to near a new coat.

I prefer the company as a secondary antagonist, the ruthlessness of Weyland Yutani is great, they don't care who dies, everyone is expendable, as long as they get their hands on an Alien.

Edit: Wearing Xenomorph skin poses some problems. XD If you got Xenomorphs around, odds are you're not gonna live long enough to near a new coat.
    Oh yes, I suppose that would be a small problem with that idea.

I prefer the company as a secondary antagonist, the ruthlessness of Weyland Yutani is great, they don't care who dies, everyone is expendable, as long as they get their hands on an Alien.

Oh yes, I suppose that would be a small problem with that idea.
    True, I agree, the Company was a better secondary antagonist, but the USM were a little more intelligent about getting an Alien. :O Still, their cloning idea was all they had going for them, really.

Also, not to mention, assuming somehow we did find a way to make use of Alien-skin clothing, there's always that trivial detail of acidic blood. I mean I guess that's something that could be worked around, all you'd have to do is shoot them in their heads and wait for them to die (their blood oxidizes after death) and then you skin them...

But I really wouldn't wanna pop a cap in a Xenomorph unless it was directly trying to kill me. I like them too much.

Name: Gary
    How did you get into Aliens? AVP o_O;
    Favorite Character: Dunno, I like the aliens best D:
    Favorite Aspect of the Series: :O I guess it would have to be the aliens' powers like acid and stuff
    Favorite Film: AVP D: It's the only one I've seen this decade. ;.;
    Favorite Overall Scene: When the aliens lol pwnt people D:

*sexes an alien* Club me up plx.
    ~Gary's GPX Shinies~

Quote Originally Posted by Furizaa View Post
    Name: Gary
    How did you get into Aliens? AVP o_O;
    Favorite Character: Dunno, I like the aliens best D:
    Favorite Aspect of the Series: :O I guess it would have to be the aliens' powers like acid and stuff
    Favorite Film: AVP D: It's the only one I've seen this decade. ;.;
    Favorite Overall Scene: When the aliens lol pwnt people D:

*sexes an alien* Club me up plx.

DX Gary saddens me. If you hadn't bought me the Quadrilogy, I'd boot you from my club now. :P
    I'm half tempted to bring the Alien pr0n topic over here but it'd scare away members/get the thread closed. XD

You'd be correct on both parts, missy. ;o

Lol I love the face huggers. they're like monkeys
    ~Gary's GPX Shinies~

I was talking to a guy today, this flamboyantly gay guy, and the Alies apparently scare him...especially the facehugger. I was like, WTF, man? >>; They're cool as f*ck but not SCARY. I've yet to have a Xenomorph nightmare.

XD I almost wrote 'nightmate'.

I was talking to a guy today, this flamboyantly gay guy, and the Alies apparently scare him...especially the facehugger. I was like, WTF, man? >>; They're cool as f*ck but not SCARY. I've yet to have a Xenomorph nightmare.

XD I almost wrote 'nightmate'.
    Well, the Alien in the first film is scary the first time you watch it as you don't really know what it looks like until the end so it adds to the fear not knowing what the Alien is. I don't think the facehugger is very scary, just disturbing, I mean it does rape your face to implant the Alien in you.

Lol I love the face huggers. they're like monkeys
    How are they anything like monkeys?

Well, the Alien in the first film is scary the first time you watch it as you don't really know what it looks like until the end so it adds to the fear not knowing what the Alien is. I don't think the facehugger is very scary, just disturbing, I mean it does rape your face to implant the Alien in you.

How are they anything like monkeys?
    Nah, the Alien in the first film wasn't that scary either, but then, I've seen all the movies so many times that I guess maybe I just don't remember what it's like to get scared by them. :/ But movies like Alien never really scared me much.

Ignore him. >> Gary hasn't seen anything but AVP in the past seven years.

Nah, the Alien in the first film wasn't that scary either, but then, I've seen all the movies so many times that I guess maybe I just don't remember what it's like to get scared by them. :/ But movies like Alien never really scared me much.
    I didn't really find any of the films very scary either, but I think that if I had to choose I'd say that the first film is the scariest.

Ignore him. >> Gary hasn't seen anything but AVP in the past seven years.
    Oh, ok then. He's only seen that awful movie? I feel sorry for him.

Btw, happy new year! It's 2007 in the UK, I don't know whether it is where you are.

I didn't really find any of the films very scary either, but I think that if I had to choose I'd say that the first film is the scariest.

Oh, ok then. He's only seen that awful movie? I feel sorry for him.

Btw, happy new year! It's 2007 in the UK, I don't know whether it is where you are.
    XP Well, I'm sure he's see others, just not recently.
    Happy New Years! God this place is empty. D: Where's the Alien love?

XP Well, I'm sure he's see others, just not recently.
    Oh good, I was worried that that avp was the only Alien film hes seen.

Happy New Years! God this place is empty. D: Where's the Alien love?
    I know, it's a shame there aren't more Alien fans in this forum.
    Last edited by ~Dotaitos~; 1st January 2007 at 4:45 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast