Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ~Pokemon Third Generation Fan Club~

Default ~Pokemon Third Generation Fan Club~

Hello, and welcome to the Third Generation Fan Club! This is a club for people who love the Third Generation of Pokemon! You may ONLY discuss the 3rd Generation because, this wouldn't be a Third Generation Club if you talked about a different Generation!

Now, now, every club has it's rules and this one is no exception. The Rules are as follows:

1- All Serebii Forums Rules Apply and so do Club Rules
    2- Don't bash, flame, troll, or just be flat out rude to anyone or the Third Generation
    3- No double, triple, etc. posting. There's an Edit Button for that, although, I can understand if the forums lags. Delete excess posts, though.
    4- Use correct grammar. No "hello i wud liek 2 join dis club. ZOMG"
    5- ALL topics must be in BOLD
    6- All Fan Art must be about the Third Generation and must be credited.
    7- No asking to be Co Owners I pick the ones best fit for the job.
    8- If you get banned from the Forums, that affects you here, so, if you're banned from the Forums, that's an automatic Strike.
    9- HAVE FUN!!! Seriously, if you're not having a good time, PM/VM me and I'll try to help out.
    10- Put in your first post (and make it clear) "Hoenn Rules!"
    11 (New) - Only 3 topics per day
    *Rules subject to change

Members:

Owner Shadow XD001 - 0 Strikes
    Member No. 1 Machop Fan - 0 Strikes
    Member GolemGuy - 0 Strikes
    Member Rosey - 0 Strikes
    Member Nido-prince - 0 Strikes

Fan Art:

Striking System:
    1 Strike
    2 Strikes
    3 Strikes (Co Owners become regular Members)
    **Co Owner Exclusive - 4 Strikes (then, bans)
    Banned for a day
    Banned for a week
    Banned for a year
    Perma- Ban! (You may not come back after this, and I might notify about this)

Banned Members:
    None! (please, stay like this. I hate banning people)

Okay, to start thing off, let's go with a Topic!

What do you like about the Third Generation?

List of Third Generation Games:
    Pokemon Sapphire & Ruby Versions (GBA) - Released 2003
    Pokemon FireRed & LeafGreen Versions (GBA) - Released 2004
    Pokemon Colosseum (GCN) - Released 2004
    Pokemon Emerald Version (GBA) - Released 2005
    Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness (GCN) - Released 2005
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red & Blue (GBA, NDS respectively) - Released 2006

*All Release Dates are US
    Last edited by Shadow XD001; 22nd June 2010 at 6:06 PM.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:

Spoiler:- Claimed Anime Songs/Anime List:

Talking

Hoenn Rules!

So yeah, I'd like to join, please.

I like Gen III because it gave us so many unique Pokemon, like Shedinja, Castform and Deoxys. It also gave us Hoenn, the Sevii Islands and BRENDAN!
    I love my cute little Machop!

Come on, you know Machop is cute! I mean, who couldn't love those endearing eyes? That adorable face? That loving embrace?

Just don't call it cuddly or else it will hurt you.

Credit to pokefan#493 for the userbar and Northern Lights for the badge

Click the banner to go to this forum's branch of the Bring Back Bionicle Club.

I am now the rightful claimer of Machop in the Official Claim A Pokemon Thread v5! [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2z57udz.jpg[/IMG]

You are... Accepted, No. 1 Machop Fan! I hope you have a great time here!

Agreed. Third Generation gave us a bunch of new Pokemon, and places.
    Like I stated before, Third Generation gave us a bunch of new Pokemon and places. Emerald was the first Pokemon game to have a (original) Battle Frontier. Also, the Starters were original and very cool as well. The dual-types for Mudkip and Torchic really helped you out in some of the gyms. It was also the first Generation to have remakes and it was of the first games, Red and Green, so that was very nostalgic for the... older players. FireRed and LeafGreen was also good for the younger players (like me) who were like 1 years old/not born when Red, Blue, and Green came out, so it helped up understand the games better, and in better graphics, too!

Claimed Pokémon:

"Pokemon Third Generation Fan Club"

click, read the first post, joinjoinjoin.

Hoenn rules, obviously. Best selection of Pokemon yet (seriously, there's like two I wouldn't consider using on a team), an incredibly awesome Battle Frontier which happens to be the one which introduced the concept in the first place, an incredibly good and innovative story, and high-quality spinoffs with actual storylines distinct from the main games. Yep.

Plus yeah, Brendan is the coolest player yet. Besides Wes/Micheal, who ALSO come from the third gen.
    <---Mah SS team, which is clearly superior to all of yours. Credit goes to Gladeshadow of the Dark Valley Request Shop.

Put this in your sig if you agree that Zoroark and his prevo are super ugly. (Started by GolemGuy)

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes (started by Flare 64!)

Hoenn Rules! It does 8D
    Zangoose and Flygon <3333
    I feel bad how I never finished Sapphire yet D:
    Hoenn is my 2nd pick of faves, I love almost EVERY Pokemon on thar. And I lo-
    *Rosey turns into Fangirlsey*
    the end.
    (❁´◡`❁)*✲゚*

You two, GolemGuy and Rosey are both... Accepted! I hope you have a great time here in this club! Happy posting!

Anyway, a new topic:

What's your favorite Third Generation Game? (this includes the Console ones, as well)
    My favorite Third Generation game was Emerald. (Second: FireRed; Third: XD Gale of Darkness) My first Pokemon game was Sapphire and I really enjoyed it, so I got Emerald because it's an enhancement of my first ever Pokemon game, so i really enjoyed Emerald because of that.

NOTE: ADDED A NEW RULE.

Claimed Pokémon:

What's your favorite Third Generation Game? (this includes the Console ones, as well)

LeafGreen, I'd say. It combines nostalgia with new areas and mechanics. All it needed was time.
    Last edited by No. 1 Machop Fan; 19th June 2010 at 3:33 PM.
    I love my cute little Machop!

Come on, you know Machop is cute! I mean, who couldn't love those endearing eyes? That adorable face? That loving embrace?

Just don't call it cuddly or else it will hurt you.

Credit to pokefan#493 for the userbar and Northern Lights for the badge

Click the banner to go to this forum's branch of the Bring Back Bionicle Club.

I am now the rightful claimer of Machop in the Official Claim A Pokemon Thread v5! [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2z57udz.jpg[/IMG]

No. 1 Machop Fan, it could really help if you also put in the topic question in your post, and don't forget to Bold it.

Anyway, you guys can also post your Recent Happenings for any Third Generation game(s) you are currently playing. As for me...

I restarted my Sapphire a few days ago, and I'm currently on my way to Mt. Chimney to stop Team Aqua. I wish I could go in the desert to find me a Trapinch for my team! My team is:

Hephaestus Level 26
    Moves:
    Scratch
    Double Kick
    Ember
    Peck

Mush Room Level 26
    Moves:
    Mega Drain
    Headbutt
    Stun Spore
    Mach Punch

Bolt Level 26
    Moves:
    Quick Attack
    Howl
    Spark
    Shock Wave

Bade Count: 3

So, hopefully can get my 4th Badge with ease, because my Team isn't the best against Flannery, since I can't get a Trapinch until after the Gym Battle. My Water Type is going to be a Corphish, which I will get after I get Surf, so who should my Sixth Pokemon be? So far my Final Team is Blaziken, Manectric, Breloom, Flygon, and Crawdaunt. Help me decided on my Sixth one, but please don't just say *insert Pokemon name here* on your post as that is considered SPAM. Oh, I can't do trades with Ruby, Emerald, or FireRed because I lost my Link Cable...... (I'd really like to trade with FireRed, oh well)

Claimed Pokémon:

Shadow XD001, it seems like your bases are mostly covered. Grass, Fire, Water, Electric, Ground, Dark, Dragon, and Electric is pretty good coverage, and Fly is taken by the Gon.

I think the types most notably lacking are Normal, Ice, Psychic, and Ghost a little bit. Thus, the Pokemon best suited for your last slot are Pokemon of those types. I recommend Grumpig, as it's Thick Fat abiliy is helpful against Flannery, and you get it just before her.

In any case,

Ack, so many choices. Emerald, MD Blue, and the colo games. Hm... Well, I guess Emerald, as the amount of cool Pokemon is better than the amazing story, and MD Blue's opening is boring.
    <---Mah SS team, which is clearly superior to all of yours. Credit goes to Gladeshadow of the Dark Valley Request Shop.

Put this in your sig if you agree that Zoroark and his prevo are super ugly. (Started by GolemGuy)

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes (started by Flare 64!)

Thanks for the help, GolemGuy! Yeah, I think I will take Grumpig,especially since it helps against Flannery.

Also, I'm going to make another topic, sorry, even though this one seems important:
    How do you guys feel about Third Generation Remakes?
    I think it should definitely happen. A lot of the "older" players wanted R/G/G/S/C Remakes, and they got that. Ruby and Sapphire are both the only Pokemon GBA games (or at least the only ones without remakes), so it makes sense for them to have Remakes. Plus, that would mean all the Generations of Pokemon are on the DS, thus making PokeDex completion more easier. I'd also like to see Ruby and Sapphire with 3-D aspects (not 3DS aspects, though). Something that really caught my is that the 3DS doesn't have a GBA Slot and the only DS's that do are the Lite and Phat, and I can only guess that 99&#37; of us are getting a 3DS.

Claimed Pokémon:

I plan to make some art work for the club if thats okay.
    Also, I'm on the Wii so I can't
    do it now dB

Okay, I'm sorry D:
    I can't paste stuff, on wii again.
    But my favorite is Vendurf (or something like that)
    Here is my Sapphire team:
    Leafy/ Groville
    Rock Tomb
    Bullet Seed
    Fury Cutter
    Cut
    Lv 27
    Sabea/Breloom
    Mach Punch
    Giga Drain
    Leech Seed
    Counter
    Lv 28
    Kadabra
    Psy Beam
    Confusion
    Disable
    Flash
    Lv 28
    Peliper
    Water Gun
    Wing Attack
    Steel Wing
    Protect
    Lv 29
    Note: The next 2 are in training
    Tranpinch
    Bite
    Faint Attack
    Strength
    Rock Smash
    Lv 24
    Swablu
    Sing
    Peck
    Secret Power
    Astonish
    Lv 21
    Any tips?
    Norman keeps on crushing me D:
    Last edited by Rosey; 21st June 2010 at 4:23 AM.
    (❁´◡`❁)*✲゚*

Quote Originally Posted by Rosey View Post
    I plan to make some art work for the club if thats okay.
    Also, I'm on the Wii so I can't
    do it now dB
    Can you please to elaborate on that post? It kind of doesn't relate to Third Generation, so you can add some of the Topics in that post, but I won't give you a Strike... or at least for now.

Anyway, does anybody know of a good place for me to train my Level 20 Trapinch and my Level 25 Spoink? I already have four badges, if that matters.

Claimed Pokémon:

Okay, I edited it.
    Sorry, you should put that in tne rules. Anyways, I beat Norman, barely. Sabea was left and killed his Lv 31 Slaking with Mach Punch, I'm so happy.
    (❁´◡`❁)*✲゚*

Quote Originally Posted by Rosey View Post
    Okay, I edited it.
    Sorry, you should put that in tne rules. Anyways, I beat Norman, barely. Sabea was left and killed his Lv 31 Slaking with Mach Punch, I'm so happy.
    It actually already is, because it ties in with the Club Rules and Serebii General Rules, which we all should have read when we first registered here.

Anyway, I went to Rustboro and got the Exp. Share, which I put on Quake. (Level 20 Trapinch) He should have a few more level up when I beat Norman. Also, when I beat Norman I'll be getting a Corphish, my sixth team member!

Claimed Pokémon:

Hey, I remember making this! Unfortunatly it died I don't know why people don't think HOENN RULES, because it really does. IMO, this was the best generation of Pokemon. Probably because I joined around gen 3. The primary reason I like the 3rd generation and most people will agree with me is the Battle Frontier. The BF has to be the coolest adition to Pokemon in history. Without it, non-competitive players like me would never have fun after beating the storyline.
    Quit. For real this time lol. Moved to Pokebeach as Tyaniking a long time ago. The only thing keeping me here was the games corner and the really fun RPGs, but those are out, so I started going to the TCG section, but that's pretty much dead. I'm trying to get into the video games, but most of my time is devoted to the TCG, so IDK how it's gonna go. If I get back into the games, I'll probably come back. Besides, most of the other TCG crew moved to Pokebeach as well. Any of my groups or games may be closed or they may be remade by anyone who wants to. I give full permission. I'm sorry I have to leave, but that's just life.

Alright, Shadow
    I noticed buuut,
    If you evolve Tranpinch into Vibrava its Attack is lowered and then comes back when it turns into Flygon.
    Also where do you get the VS. Seeker at?
    (❁´◡`❁)*✲゚*

You are accepted.... Nido-prince! Haha, I didn't even realize there was a previous version of this club! (although dead) Do I have to put in the Club name that it's the second version?

Rosey, it is? Well, I'm okay with that, since it would only be a Vibrava for 10 Levels.

What's a good place to train in FireRed? I haven't battled the Elite 4 yet, but my Team is in the early 40s, so I'd want to train them up quite a bit. (after I beat Sapphire)

My team is Venusaur, Arcanine, Raichu, Vaporeon, Pidgeot, and Hitmonchan. I should be able to beat Lorelei, though.

Also, you guys know you can make topics, right? (Limited to three per day)

Claimed Pokémon:

ohmy
    Everything
    Its 10x better than ANY other Gen
    I enjoyed the Trainer Tower in LG and the Contests in Sappphire.

Shadow, a good place is Victory Road or One Island's Treasure Beach
    Also
    http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/c...ao9/zang-1.png
    Last edited by Rosey; 22nd June 2010 at 3:05 PM.
    (❁´◡`❁)*✲゚*

Hmm, I'm not really too sure that picture is under the signature limit for this website....

Anyway, I beat Norman! It was pretty easy, and Quake (Trapinch) is Level 24 now! When I get Corphish, I'll train my Team up, because they need it! Speaking of Corphish, I saw on the PokeDex on Serebii.net that Corphish's are available by the water areas at Petalburg, Route 117, and Route 102. In all of those routes do I have to fish to get it, or can I also swim there? I gave a Makuhita Surf, until I catch Corphish.

Claimed Pokémon:

No, Shadow, because I made the Hoenn club, you made the 3rd generation club.

Again, BF, with reasons stated before. I also like the field sprites. The male trainer was the best out of any generation.

I might continue my Sapphire version. I quit after being trashed by Norman with my team of Grovyle, Sableye, Manectric, and some other weak stuff.
    Last edited by Nidoprince; 22nd June 2010 at 5:08 PM.
    Quit. For real this time lol. Moved to Pokebeach as Tyaniking a long time ago. The only thing keeping me here was the games corner and the really fun RPGs, but those are out, so I started going to the TCG section, but that's pretty much dead. I'm trying to get into the video games, but most of my time is devoted to the TCG, so IDK how it's gonna go. If I get back into the games, I'll probably come back. Besides, most of the other TCG crew moved to Pokebeach as well. Any of my groups or games may be closed or they may be remade by anyone who wants to. I give full permission. I'm sorry I have to leave, but that's just life.

Alright, I'll resize it.
    I put a Seel and Magneton on my team from LG
    Trying to beat the 6th gym.
    (❁´◡`❁)*✲゚*

Rosey, can you please delete the double post? I can understand the lag on the forums. Sorry, if it seems I keep pestering you to do things, but I'm just trying to help make this club good.

New topic:
    Anything in the Third Generation that you liked, and wished to see in the Future games? (D/P/Pt, HG/SS, B/W and so forth)
    I really enjoyed Dive. It's now a TM in games like D/P/Pt and HG/SS and it was really coll to be underwater in R/S/E. I hope the creators realize this mistake and I hope Dive is a HM in B/W because it would be cool to see underwater in the Pokemon World... in 3-D! Other then that, most things in the Third Generation were improved in the future games, but it's still great to know that the Third Generation started those things that were improved. Most stuff is still the same that it was in Third Generation, so I'm glad that was kept in the future games as well.
    Last edited by Shadow XD001; 22nd June 2010 at 5:55 PM.

Claimed Pokémon:

No, its okay I understand.
    Anything in the Third Generation that you liked, and wished to see in the Future games? (D/P/Pt, HG/SS, B/W and so forth)
    Dive and a town like Fotree City
    (❁´◡`❁)*✲゚*

A game like Colluseum/XD. 'Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidoprince View Post

A game like Colluseum/XD. 'Nuff said.
    oh yus
    I forgot to say that xD
    Hehe I beat the gym. :3
    I evoled my Kadbra and traded a Magneton from LG
    (❁´◡`❁)*✲゚*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast