Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keys' Pokemon draws

Smile Keys' Pokemon draws

Hi there, thanks for checking out my thread! I'm 14, and I draw sometimes. There are so many talented people in this forum, and it makes me incredibly jealous and angry, but I might as well give this a shot. So I decided to post some drawings here (I'll update as I add more).

I really want to try experimenting with different body types for Pokemon: I imagine they must be different, just like humans. Though I'm nowhere near skilled enough to pull off that much stylization, I'll try. I'll also just post normal Pokemon sketches and stuff, I guess. >_> So... yeah. Hope you enjoy my drawings. I'd really appreciate feedback, it means more than you think!

MASTERLIST

Spoiler:- Update 1:

Spoiler:- Update 2:

Spoiler:- Update 3:

Spoiler:- Update 4:

Spoiler:- Update 5:

Spoiler:- Update 6:

Spoiler:- Update 7:

Spoiler:- Update 8 (getting noticeably less talkative as the thread goes on):

Spoiler:- Update 9:
    Last edited by Keysmash; 22nd September 2014 at 1:23 AM.

A new addition to the crew

Spoiler:- Torchic: can't say I'm very happy with how it turned out, but whatever :P:
    Last edited by Keysmash; 6th April 2014 at 1:56 AM.

I want to try and post often, but I don't really have time, especially since I'm going to a really good school next year...

Here's an older sketch. Not Pokemon, but I hope you'll forgive me

Spoiler:

I've been wanting to draw Pancham for a while now. People irl have compared me to one. I can't say I don't see the resemblance...

Spoiler:- went with a simpler colouring method this time. This is my first time drawing Pancham digitally... forgive me for any mistakes:

Wow, love the art. I like the torchic actually. You make it look a lot more realistic, rather than cartoon-y. I have always like thinking about how a pokemon would look in a non-2D world. Keep up the good work man.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Spock View Post
    Wow, love the art. I like the torchic actually. You make it look a lot more realistic, rather than cartoon-y. I have always like thinking about how a pokemon would look in a non-2D world. Keep up the good work man.
    Thank you! I actually try to avoid drawing Pokemon realistically because it makes me a little uncomfortable, like the kind people post on the Internet that look more like childhood nightmares than anything...

Holy you're amazing! Keep drawing and whatever because these are so amazing <3

I love the PMD one! I mean... it's amazing! <3
    Y IGN is Arkis, X IGN is Starvein, OR IGN is Arkis, AS IGN is Sabiah

Thank you all so much!! (I mean it ;w;)

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Greninja View Post
    I love the PMD one! I mean... it's amazing! <3
    PMD makes me feel things. And when combined with a pen, well... you can see what happened. Glad you like it!

You aught to keep drawing, practice makes perfect. I can see great potential in you. Just remember no matter how frustrated you may get with drawing and all the writers block you may get, never give up or quit. I wish I hadn't given up myself, I haven't drawn in years I gave up because I though "I'll never be like everyone else". Never think that, you have your own style but you need to develop it. Over time you will begin to see and you will love your art more than you do now. Just keep it up

*credit to Dragon User X for this amazing banner*

If your happy and you know it, go sit in the corner and think about your life.

currently having issues with wifi on 3DS, trades and Safari friend codes on standby.

3DS FC 1478-2903-4134
    IGN: Ellei

Quote Originally Posted by your_worst_nightmare View Post
    You aught to keep drawing, practice makes perfect. I can see great potential in you. Just remember no matter how frustrated you may get with drawing and all the writers block you may get, never give up or quit. I wish I hadn't given up myself, I haven't drawn in years I gave up because I though "I'll never be like everyone else". Never think that, you have your own style but you need to develop it. Over time you will begin to see and you will love your art more than you do now. Just keep it up
    That was completely unexpected, but very much appreciated!! Thank you so much, I hear things like this said all the time, but it sure feels different having it said directly to me. Drawing is something I've been doing since I could hold a pencil, and I will never forget how far I've come.

I don't know if I've seen your art before, but you should try again too. Just because you've fallen down the mountain doesn't mean you're at the base again, and it certainly doesn't mean you can't keep climbing.

I agree with YWN, and all the others that said you should definitely keep at it. But that's not to say that they're not great right now though! But, as YWN said, it seems to me like you have a lot of potential. You're not one of the many people that tries to copy the anime or manga, or Sugimori's style, where basically you reach a point where you've perfected that style and you don't get any better. You have a very clear style which is entirely your own. I've certainly never seen anything like it (which is a good thing!) but it does vaguely put me in mind of Steven Universe for some reason. Perhaps the chunky limbs and rounded faces. But I love Steven Universe, so woo XD Anyway, having your own style means you can basically go on growing and changing indefinitely, and still maintain a great signature. That's what sets people apart form the rest, and you definitely have it
    3DS Name: James
    Friend Code: 4897-7143-5332
    Friend Safari: Poison (Gloom, Garbodor, Drapion)
        Spoiler:- Looking For:

Happy to help people find out what their safari is.
    Palaeontologist and proud.
    Previously known as JammyU.

Quote Originally Posted by Keysmash View Post
    A new addition to the crew

Spoiler:- Torchic: can't say I'm very happy with how it turned out, but whatever :P:
    I like it.

It looks like a cross between a Torchic and a Chocobo.

(curtsies) Thank you all for your wonderful feedback/praises/replies/comments/crinkled donkeys. 0u0 Tbh, I'm just thankful you all gave me a chance.

Hum, I haven't really done Pokemon since the beginning of the month, but I did draw a Pokemon OC-ish type of thing, so... I guess that works? I've already posted it in the Artists' Corner Club, but here, let me just shamelessly copypaste it into my own thread...

So, after wrapping up the disaster, I decided to do something good for myself at 11:30 pm, namely a 'draw-it-again' type of deal. I hate to admit it, but I'm not half as good at drawing as I am fast. Quick sketches and messy blots of colour are my specialty.

This is an idea for a Snivy-type OC girl thing (??) that I've had floating around since PMD Gates to Infinity came out. The first one was drawn December 27th last year, the second one last night. Both of them were done in about 5 minutes. 5 months, huh... well... I mean... it could be worse...?

Spoiler:- then:

Spoiler:- now:

EDIT: What would people think of me posting non-Pokemon drawings? (e.g. just my drawings in general)
    Last edited by Keysmash; 19th April 2014 at 7:37 PM.

EDIT: What would people think of me posting non-Pokemon drawings? (e.g. just my drawings in general)
    Screw it, I'm doing it anyways. Not enough motivation to draw nothing but Pokemon.

In other news, forgot I had an art thread. It's been a month and a half, but do not fear! I have indeed drawn things since.

Spoiler:

Holy crap, and you're 13? This art is incredible for someone your age, in my opinion. O_O

Also I'm surprised I'm not the only one who draws Pokemon semi-realistically too.

Dude, can't wait to see more of this stuff; keep up the good work!
    I have claimed Nuzleaf

Current Chapter Progress: Chapter IV, 10% complete
    Second Place: Best Pokemon-Centric, 2013 Fanfiction Awards
    Credit goes to Brutaka for the banner

Quote Originally Posted by GingerDixie View Post
    Holy crap, and you're 13? This art is incredible for someone your age, in my opinion. O_O

Also I'm surprised I'm not the only one who draws Pokemon semi-realistically too.

Dude, can't wait to see more of this stuff; keep up the good work!
    Ooh, semi-realistic Pokemon art? (hurries over to your profile)

Thanks for the ego-stroking compliments. It seems no matter how many times you're told your work is great, you always get a little boost of motivation. So, thank you for that! Feeling horrible about your art is not fun, if you know what I mean! Seriously. You're appreciated.

My friend asked me to draw what I was wearing last night. It was supposed to be a simple sketch (because the anatomy is obviously so correct) but I kind of went overboard, as usual. Also, cat.

Spoiler:

I can't remember the last time I actually coloured inside the lines.

Spoiler:

Wow, on a roll for once. Chugging out .pngs like the good old cotton gin.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:- and guest appearance from my neighbour:
    Last edited by Keysmash; 9th June 2014 at 2:24 AM.

Whatever, man... I've drawn nothing worth noting recently...

Spoiler:- blah:
    Last edited by Keysmash; 26th July 2014 at 5:46 AM. Reason: ellipsis for emphasis

Really cool gallery you have. I'm a fan of your line work (really crisp and expressive) and the subtle highlights and shadows in some of your drawings. Keep up the good work and definitely keep drawing. You have a lot of potential.

I see you.

Click the Metapod for more art and my Pokedex project!

I would like to make a constructive comment, but I can't, because all I can say is: your art is awesome and beautiful *v*

Spoiler:
    is that soccer anime i see.

Quote Originally Posted by sυƒƒσcαтιση View Post
    is that soccer anime i see.
    I'll destroy you with my hissatsu

Anything older than an hour is something to be ashamed of, drawing-wise... I kind of regret this thread sometimes...

There are so many talented people in this forum, and it makes me incredibly jealous and angry
    I agree completely, I'm 13 too and I want to be a good artist but I'm not. But these are actually pretty good, better than when I try to draw for sure!

Friend code: 2165-6624-1567

My friend safari: Tangrowth, Sawsbuck (still finding out 3rd one)

ASB Squad: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...=#post17490700

Do you like Fossil Fighters? Join my forum for it here: http://tyrannosaurtalk.jcink.net/

CURRENTLY IN KALOS, PLAN TO HEAD TO HOENN SOON!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast