Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Plushie Tutorial

hey, I´m just new here, I joined because of this specific topic XD haha... but anyway, pleased to meet you all... I have just make an azurill plushie and I wanted to share it with you all

and I have one question... do any one have any idea in how to make an snivy plushie ?? I have experience sewing and making things like this, so, its not a problem.. only that I don´t know how to pattern a snivy plushie... some help ??

hey ive got alot of black felt any ideas of pokemon plushies besides umbreon and can u get me the patterns for them or just a umbreon plushie pattern
    MRII

It looks like you can already think of some black pokemon (and I'm sure there's an online pokedex that has a color search somewhere). If you pick the one you want I might do a pattern sketch for you.
    Problematic Paranormal Files

The Gravity Falls Fanclub | My Twitter: @CleverKraken

Today's Fact: Mantis Shrimp have 16 different color receptors (cones), while humans have 3.

Default Umbreon Plushie

Okay Ive Got three in mind umbreon darkrai and houndor or houndoom and if you can do the scketchs for all three / four I would be really greatful and i will do the most - likely easiest one Thanks and can you make them as fast as possible i need them really fast
    MRII

Sorry, but I don't have unlimited time to sketch patterns. If you pick your favorite of those (and I think umbreon would be easiest) I will see what I can do for a pattern sketch, but I only take 1 request at a time.

Today's Fact: Mantis Shrimp have 16 different color receptors (cones), while humans have 3.

Ok sorry i am doing umbreon but would u make me a darkrai pattern because i already made my umbreon pattern and i will show the finished product once i am done. PLZ get me a darkrai pattern

Thankz
    MRII

can you get me a pattern for a lucario costume
    MRII

I don't make much for costumes, so I don't think I can really help you there...

Hi! I was wondering if you could make a Zorua pattern? Thanks!

Hey, I saw this thread today and made an account here to ask with some assitance with a Gardevoir plush I want to make. I can probably do most of it, I just need a pattern for her hair, and mayybe some advise on doing her eyes. help plz?

Hey~ I've been in the plushie buisness for years, and it's VERY entertaining. If anyone wants a pattern for one of these, just ask-
    Ditto (3D, not flat like most)
    Shaymin

More soon... XD Those are the only custom patterns I can think of. Anyway, anyone have advice for Ninetales? I'm using a body from a pattern I found on DA. But should I make the tails with almost a wide triangle pattern with ridges and embroider them apart, or do them individually? If you need me to explain that, just ask~

EDIT: Also, which should I make? Glaceon, Umbreon, or Espeon? Thanks~ <3
    Last edited by Snostar; 31st July 2011 at 6:57 PM. Reason: Forgot to include something

I'd say make glaceon!!

As for the tails,
    If you look at the general stability of plushies it would be easiest and sturdier to work with ridges and make the tail ends go apart,
    but I like it most if the tails can move separately so I'd probably do them all separate, It'll just be rougher on the fabric to keep so many tails up so if you do it that way make sure to get something to prevent it from ripping due to weight and lots of things stitched in the same location...
    MY ADOPTEES! Clicks are well loved!

Help raising pokemon or raise your own! <--Clickies!
    Guess the quote! *smiles wickedly*
    (...only for the knowing...)
    *A little nonsense now and then
    never hurt the wisest men*

my favourites:

it so cute!!!! I want to try make one

Would you be able to do a sketch of the pattern for the Digimon Patamon or Gatomon? Thanks!
    Best Wishes Teams:

Ash:
    Iris:
    Cilan:
    Trip:
    Bianca:
    Stephan:
    Burgundy:
    Luke:

3DS FC: 3351-4150-7937. Add me.

is there a site for patterns?
    Desert Pokemon are magnificent Ninjas, they hide in the sand waiting and watching, then when you least expect it, they attack and drag you under the sand...
    credits to Xtroph

I know that if you search online, there's a Yahoo! Answers question that's got links to patterns.

I want to try this, but I don't have the fabric. I hope to make a Voltorb soon, to start, then work my way up to a life-sized Glaceon, , then a life-sized Ninetales .

And yes, I made an account mostly just for this thread.

Wow, sounds cool. I may make a life-size Larvitar, and maybe attempt a Tyranitar Pokedoll.

Anyone got any tips?
    The only Nesquik you'll ever see in 3D.

I am a proud Catholic.

Shiny Charmander! Hatched via Masuda Method on 3/7/13
    Shiny Corphish! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Skrelp! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Horsea! Chain fished on 10/31/13 (Guess this is my Halloween treat)
    Shiny Frogadier! Random encounter in Friend Safari on 11/2/13 (Modest nature and 31 IV in speed)
    Shiny Tyrunt! Hatched via Masuda Method on 11/9/13

Want my Friend Code? Here it is:
    3DS: 1891-1325-6982
    White 2: 3397 1588 5337 Peter

I need to make either a Pikachu, Raichu, Umbreon, Mew, Charmander or team rocket plushie for a swap, but i'm rubbish at drawing patterns :s
    and i made an account for this thread too

Default Meloetta

Quote Originally Posted by VampirateMace View Post
    Plushie Tutorial:

For simple pokemon fan art plushies

In my life-sized pokemon plushie thread, it was suggested that I make a tutorial, so here it is, if it’s good enough that the mods want to sticky it for other’s reference that’s fine. If not I hope it helps someone.

1) Gather info (design/size) and materials.

Materials you will need:
    *Felt in the necessary colors (or other fabric, felt needs less sewing in some cases, such as hoppip’s leaves)
    *needles and pins
    *ordinary thread and embroidery thread
    *paper for sketch and/or pattern (newsprint is good)
    *pencil
    *scissors
    *ruler and/or tape measure
    *chalk (to draw on fabric)
    *eyes (may be buttons, googly eyes, sequins, or more fabric)
    *pipe cleaners or wire (if doing leaves, long legs or antenna)
    *stuffing (may be polyfill [best], cotton, rice, sand, fabric scraps, or paper scraps)

2) Make your sketch and patterns on large sheets of newsprint.

The Sketch: If you draw well you may just wish to make a line the height of the desired pokemon on the paper and then sketch it to height. If you don’t draw well you may wish to use the grid method. Simply make a small grid over the image you wish to enlarge. Then make a large grid and fill in each space with the lines you see on the small grid.

It’s best to use pencil; I use markers after the first sketch so that it shows up on the camera.

The Pattern: After the sketch I generally just draw the needed shapes on the felt with chalk and cut out the felt. This however is not recommended so here’s some information on cutting out paper patterns to make sure you have the shapes right first. For the body or head of a round plushie measure half the outside circle and then make football shapes that tall. Depending on how skinny or fat your ‘footballs’ are you will need 3-5 of them. For an oval, draw a curved inseam on your sketch and use that to decide the height of the pieces, they will look more like basketballs that have gone flat on one side. You will need 4 ‘flat basketballs’ for an oval. Most other pieces can be cut from basic or simple shapes; hoppip or jigglypuff’s ear for example can be 3 large triangle of red-pink and one small triangle of black. And oddish’s foot can be made from an oval and two half ovals (the half ovals should be as tall as half the outside line of the original oval is long. These pieces should be slightly larger than actual size to account for seams. Leaves should be cut extra wide, I’ll explain this later.

3) Using the chalk draw outlines of the patterns on your fabric and cut out the pieces. You may find that you didn’t have as much fabric as you thought, in which case you’ll need to put the plushie on hold until you can go get more.

4) Sew any main pieces of the face together; remember to sew from the inside (that is the pieces should be inside-out so that the seams don’t show). You can pin seams together as needed, but make sure you remove all pins before sewing the final seam.

[One exception to sewing from the inside is if you use only embroidery thread. If using embroidery thread you can sew inside-in to create a more crafted looking plushie, this is also easier than regular sewing]

5) Add face details, sew in a mouth with embroidery thread, sew or glue on the eyes, ect.

6) Sew rest of body/head seam except for 1 seam, this will be the last seam you sew. You will need it open to hide the knots from attaching any attachment parts like ears and to stuff the plushie. This final seam should be on the back or bottom of your plushie and must be big enough to pull the whole plushie (un-stuffed) through.

A few attachment pieces may be right at seam and can be sewn on in this step. Remember to sew them together and stuff them first. (Remember to sew inside-out)

7) Sew together, stuff, and attach any attachments not sewn on in step 6. Make sure to sew the attachments to the outside, but knot the threads on the inside. (Remember to sew inside-out)

Leaves, My Method: Leaves should be made wider than life-size. Pinch the fabric in the center of the leaf around a pipe cleaner or other wire and sew it in place with embroidery thread. This will create slightly crinkled standing leaves that you can adjust the position of.

8) Turn body and head inside-in. Make sure all pieces are attached and sewn on the way you like. If they are not, cut the threads and reattach them as in step 7. Make sure to remove any pins. When you are satisfied, stuff your plushie through the final seam. Then sew this seam closed (Inside-in of course, which is why we left it on the back or bottom in step 6.)

Do not worry if your first few plushies comes out misshapen or smaller than expected. It just takes some practice.
    ___

Patterns:
    Voltrob
    I was wondering if you could give me some tips or something for a Meloetta plush?
    Absol: So... You come around in the forest?

Leafeon: What do you think -.-

Absol: Oh... Cool... I just snoop around for the berries I shouldn't touch.

Leafeon: So your the one eating the oran berries!

Absol: Yep, Umad?

*Leafeon uses Razor Leaf on Absol*

Absol: -.- Fine.

Not sure why you felt the need to quote the entire first post... I assume it was for the one picture of pattern making.

It would help to know which form of Meloetta you were going to make. She'll basically just be a human shaped doll, you may want to use something like pipecleaners or yarn for the arms since they're so thin. For the 'Pirouette' form, I recommend making the hair as you would for the 'Aria' then tacking it up into the round the head style.

It's actually the Pirouette Form. I drew her on paper and sketched out how I would make her.. Would you like to see it?

Sure, I can take a look at it.

Default Meloetta

Quote Originally Posted by VampirateMace View Post
    Sure, I can take a look at it.

Here she is:

K 001.jpg

Um, but isn't that Aria form? Anyways... what you have patterned out looks sound in general, not sure the musical note on her head needs to be so many pieces. I would probably cut two pieces the outline of it and attach them together with one long thin piece. Do note that those arms are going to be hard, as you’ll need to sew them neatly inside-in, or really work at turning them inside-in after sewing them inside-out.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast