Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Plushie Tutorial

I'm going to be making an Umbreon Poke Plushie, so I was wondering if there where some tips for me, cus I've sewn dresses, and patched up stuffed animals, but I would like to know if there are tips for the head (the one part I mess up on most)

any tips are apreciated.
    Umbreon rocks
    Umbreon the moon guardian. If the moon disappears then my moon guardian will shine!
    [IMG]http://i29.*******.com/mjwk2.jpg[/IMG] I am the legendary Red Umbreon
        Spoiler:- dragons and credits:

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon Girl View Post
    I'm going to be making an Umbreon Poke Plushie, so I was wondering if there where some tips for me, cus I've sewn dresses, and patched up stuffed animals, but I would like to know if there are tips for the head (the one part I mess up on most)

any tips are apreciated.
    Do you still need help with making the head? I make heads like this, if it is of any help.

(I hope you understand my sketch...)

That's a decent way to make heads... sorry for not responding myself... I was a little grumpy the day I saw that post... making three fat petal shapes C> and sewing them together from the pointed end to the rounded end, is another way, and pretty simple if you understood what I was suggesting...
    Problematic Paranormal Files

The Gravity Falls Fanclub | My Twitter: @CleverKraken

Today's Fact: Mantis Shrimp have 16 different color receptors (cones), while humans have 3.

Epic tutorial i think ima make me a totodile plushie

I would have to work my way up first, but I would LOVE to make a lifesized Hitmonchan. I have a question, though:

Should I make his clothes seperate? Like, should I make his 'body' first, and then make his clothes? What of his mitts? What of his shoes? Is there any sort of wiring I could use to support his cute little arms and legs?

Or in the case of Hitmontop, something to make his horn/spike/whatever a little more rigid, as it would be if he were real? (I'd like to have Hitmontop, too, since I think they're the cutest little things ever. I see 'em, and I just wanna squeeze 'em! ^_^)

Also, do you have any pointers on making PEOPLE from the animé? (I'd LOVE to make the Invincible Brothers, since I love the hell out of them...all three of them be my bishies...Kai just wins out over the other two) I wouldn't make THEM lifesize (since Kail is freakin' tall...plus, it would likely weird my visitors out to see three life-sized plushies of young men in my living room...sitting on my couch.) I'd likely make them the size of my Mew plushie. (she's life sized, so you have a scale idea.)

I sew somewhat often, but it's mostly clothes repair and tailoring.

~Nemmeh
    I will be on here very, very rarely. The account is not dead, per se, but I will not be on often. This has become a den of hatred, hostility, and anger. It is not the SPPF it was when I joined, and I really dislike coming here. To those of you who were nice to me and were my friend, thank you. Goodbye.
    3DS FC: 1950 7837 2016
    Name: Nicole
    Electric Friend Safari. Pokemon: Dedenne, Pikachu, Manectric
    Before you try to act superior to someone else on here, remember that no matter how much of an "internet cool-guy" you think you are, this is a Pokemon forum.

I would make the clothes seperate but attached. So make them together...

Metal coat hangers make good heavy duty wire.

Lifesized people plushies do tend to raise suspicions.

Today's Fact: Mantis Shrimp have 16 different color receptors (cones), while humans have 3.

Are there any tips on making a star shaped plushie? I have an idea, but I'm not sure exactly how to do it.

~*A Silver Spring*~
    SS Team:

Um, well you could cut the fabric in a star shape, or use several triangles/dimonds to form it... To keep it uniform, patterns for both 5 and 6 pointed stars can be cut by folding paper and making a single cut, then unfolding it to reveal the star... If your star is small you may want to fill each leg as you go, rather than trying to fill the whole star at once.

Hey guys! I've been reading this thread for some time, and I finally decided to post something! Oh, does anyone know how to make a Kirlia or a Gardevoir plushie? They are my FAVORITE pokemon, and I just made (for my first plushie) a Ralts (I'll try to get a pic up). Thanks~!
    I am a certified Pokemon breeder (yeah right).
    I love the Ralts-evolutions~!
    ~Until next time, MP, HSF1, and Liz

Oh, and if you want an easy starter, do a Ditto. I mean, really, it's a Ditto. How hard can it be?! It's a blob.
    Last edited by Minerva Paradizo; 31st July 2010 at 3:01 AM. Reason: I forgot to italicise something.
    I am a certified Pokemon breeder (yeah right).
    I love the Ralts-evolutions~!
    ~Until next time, MP, HSF1, and Liz

You be surprised... I made driftloom's ambigous cloud rather poorly... and ditto acturally has a shape, it's not simply a blob.

As for Kirlia and Gardevoir make the skirts from a seperate pieces and sew them into the seam where the body ends and the legs begin... I never did end up making myself a Ralts...

Hey, Mace, I was wondering something.

I always have trouble making the eyes come out looking right. Any suggestions?

(I plan on making Hitmonchan and Medicham, and, if satisfied with those, making the other two Hitmons, Breloom, and Croagunk, to complete my team. Not making them life-sized, though, as that would be weird.)

~Nemmeh
    I will be on here very, very rarely. The account is not dead, per se, but I will not be on often. This has become a den of hatred, hostility, and anger. It is not the SPPF it was when I joined, and I really dislike coming here. To those of you who were nice to me and were my friend, thank you. Goodbye.
    3DS FC: 1950 7837 2016
    Name: Nicole
    Electric Friend Safari. Pokemon: Dedenne, Pikachu, Manectric
    Before you try to act superior to someone else on here, remember that no matter how much of an "internet cool-guy" you think you are, this is a Pokemon forum.

You could try a diffrent sewing technique... sewing around the eye on the inside create a diffrent look from sewing from inside the eye to outside the eye... you could also try painting the eyes on or using premade eyes (googly type premade eyes are not recommended for most pokemon) or using buttons/rinestones. I ussually use buttons because I ussually sew in a folk style with thick stitches on the outside.

Hai gaiz ^^
    I really love the work you guys do and have decided that as a little self project, I wanna have a go at making a couple of plushies; in particular, a Mudkip and Vulpix. I need help with the Mudkip's orange cheek things and Vulpix's tails. Also, what material should I use, I'm planning on hand sewing them and actually using them as a cuddly toy for myself ^^ I'm hoping for a maybe 25cm and a bit high doll for the Vulpix and (not including the head fin or tail) 15cm something for the Mudkip, hope thats enough info xD
    So Ah Hurd Yu Liek Mudkiepz??

"Don't believe what they say
    We're dead flies in the summertime
    They leave us all behind
    With duck tape scars on my honey
    They don't like who you are
    You won't like where we'll go
    Brother protect me now
    With blood they wash in the money"

♥~My Chemical Romance, Destroya~♥

SPP Hubby: Rayquaza Master777 <3

Bump.Any ideas on Marril's ear and tail?(the zigzag)
    http://pokefarm.org/_ext/user/ghgf095j Join Pokefarm today! Refer to me if your going to register!

You could go with a cord (paracord, bootlace) or a wire, even pipecleaner. You could aslo sew a tube (which will be hard to turn inside out, and use a wire or pipecleaner to shape it. As for the ears, I'm not sure what your issue is...

TM: If this is your first time sewing use an easy fabric like felt or fleece. Also start by making something easier.

Talking

I think I'm going to start with Driftloon.Once I get supplies.^_^
    http://pokefarm.org/_ext/user/ghgf095j Join Pokefarm today! Refer to me if your going to register!

I'm making a 2m long shiny WGC09 MILOTIC ^_^
    POKEMEN X FRIEND CODE 0576-5538-2566
    TEAM:

I'm gonna try to make some plushies soon. I'll try to post them when I make them!

Default looking for a pattern

me and my friend want to make a pokemon army but we need a piplup pattern. we find it more fun to sew then to buy ready made plush lol. any piplup and shaymen (the small hedgehog form) :3 ill make sure to post pic's!

I might make a plushie soon, and if i do, i'm gonna start with fave pokemon's first form, shuppet, which should be easy

the richu one is soo cute ^^
    I'm getting by with a broken heart you left me with.
    He hangs up the phone and she whispers back,
    Missing you like this is such sweet sorrow
    Won't you come back to me?

Last edited by bunny_kins; 3rd November 2010 at 11:37 PM.

Anybody got any tips on making an Aron?

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast