Thread: Tuesdays With Erika (EarthShipping)

Default Tuesdays With Erika (EarthShipping)

Tuesdays with Erika

Shipping: Earthshipping (Gary x Erika)
    Rating: PG-13 (Probably as high as it'll get. Unlikely that it'll be R, though possible.)

Author's Foreward

So yes, I've decided to try my hand at shipping fics. Perhaps to try to get past my writer's block that has pervaded my writing and prevented me from entering the Romance One-shot Contest, and write my two (non-shipping) chapter fics. Perhaps it is because I yearn to just write. I don't know. But here she is.

So yes, I'm writing a shipping fic. And this one is EarthShipping (Gary x Erika). What I'm going for is this to be a collection of short short stories and maybe a couple of longer short stories about Gary recalling his romancing with Erika whilst he was studying as a researcher under his grandfather. It'll be having a memoiric feel to it.

Spoiler:- Index:

Spoiler:- PM List:

So, good reader, look forth and enjoy!

I. Dreams

I don't know where I should begin.

Perhaps it is when we first shared something greater than a kiss, greater than what we had shared for the past three years on Tuesdays when Gramps thought I was going to 'Pokemon Behavior 101' at Celadon Community College.

But maybe not.

For that is a memory I don't wish to recall. Especially after...

Well...

You know...

She croaked.

So, maybe, I will tell you of the first time I saw her face - the first time I had ever thought of her as I did after for most of my life and still do.

I will begin with my dreams...

<<< . >>>

Of all the gym leaders I had ever faced, Erika was beautiful. Not like 'make-up-and-earrings-and-eye-liner' beautiful, but a greater beauty. A beauty that shown in her face when she smiled at me cheerfully as I commanded my Arcanine to shred Erika's Treecko to smithereens.

And as my powerful tiger burned the poor little wood gecko to an ashen crisp, the way she looked at me - a gaze of contempt and, if it was possible, pity - tore my heart into shards of discomfort.

The look was one that would haunt my dreams for the next two years as I transversed Japan and the islands that she controlled. The look was one that I would long for once more as I started up shop under Gramps in Pallet. The look that soon after I would understand. The look that I would convince into becoming a look of elegance, longing, passion.

The first of many dreams came the night after she handed me my Rainbow Badge.

The image of the badge still was imprinted in my mind as I slept on the cozy, feather bed the Pokemon Center had provided.

My eyes were closed, and I drifted in between the exhausted sleep that seems akin to death and the sleep that occurs on hopeful, dreamy nights. And, quite suddenly, my mind switched from a long spell of exhaustion to a happy wonderful. And just as unexpectedly her face flooded my mind, shrouded in a light green aura. The aura of infatuation. The dream continued, me following her as she roamed the Celadon City streets until she was cornered in an alley. And, after that... it led to places I don't wish to discuss. Or, if it is possible, places that I don't want anyone else to know that I have. Private places. Perverse places.

The night passed all to quickly, and the wonderful, addictive dream ended as suddenly as it had begun.

I awoke, letting my Arcanine, Eevee, and Wartortle out for the pep talk, as usual, and went along my way.

And yet the love was strong inside. Maybe it didn't show on the outside when I waved goodbye to the nurse or tossed a cheerful hello to a boy playing with his Azurill at a foutain, but it was there all the same.

As it turned out, I would never let it go.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, so it's a nice 400-ish word length. The perfect length of a short short story.

I hope you enjoyed it. And, if you truly love it, join the PM List!
    Last edited by Arcanine Royale; 17th February 2007 at 4:28 AM.

Pretyt damn short, but I don,t know what to say. There's not much and I'm not much of a shipping fic reviewer but what the hell? Put me on the PM List

Perhaps it is when we first shared something greater than a kiss, greater than what we had shared for the past three years on Tuesdays when Gramps thought I was going to 'Pokemon Behavior 101' at Celadon Community College.
    I'm guessing that would be the FR LG rival?

that's pretty much all I can say. Not much to comment on. Didin't see any grammar mistakes, and keep it up! Good luck!

Earthshipping (Gary x Erika)
    Crap, I didnn't read that!

Quote Originally Posted by Divinity_123 View Post
    Pretyt damn short, but I don,t know what to say. There's not much and I'm not much of a shipping fic reviewer but what the hell? Put me on the PM List

I'm guessing that would be the FR LG rival?

that's pretty much all I can say. Not much to comment on. Didin't see any grammar mistakes, and keep it up! Good luck!

Crap, I didnn't read that!
    Hey, thanks for reading it. Anything you didn't like? I KNOW that it isn't perfect...

I liked it o_0 At first I was like "Gary and Erika? WTF x100" Then I read it and I was like "Woah...that's pretty good writing..." Usually the writing itself grabs me in even if I hate the actual shipping. Kudos ^-^
    Under construction ^_^;;

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Registeel View Post
    I liked it o_0 At first I was like "Gary and Erika? WTF x100" Then I read it and I was like "Woah...that's pretty good writing..." Usually the writing itself grabs me in even if I hate the actual shipping. Kudos ^-^
    Yeah... I can see that. With so many shippings... the writing has to be really good. But really I like Earthshipping because of the interesting premise. A gym leader and a trainer together sort of make sense....

But thanks for reading!

Hell yeah I'm reading this ! (Gary fan here people...)

it was just out of curiosity, and like you said, "short short story" helps me relax after reading 15 pages long chapters on microsoft word... O_o

if you want to, put me on the PM list, but I come here every evening, so I see when something's updated...I won't miss anything from this, rest assured

no mistakes I spotted, just this part that made me grin ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanine Royale View Post
    A beauty that shown in her face when she smiled at me cheerfully as I commanded my Arcanine to shred Erika's Treecko to smithereens.
    i'll be enjoying this fic !
    Because of serebiiforums, my Life has been put on hold...

...wait, that sounds wrong...
    ...yeah, it's the other way around.

My Works : A, B, C, D, E

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_shipper View Post
    Hell yeah I'm reading this ! (Gary fan here people...)

it was just out of curiosity, and like you said, "short short story" helps me relax after reading 15 pages long chapters on microsoft word... O_o

if you want to, put me on the PM list, but I come here every evening, so I see when something's updated...I won't miss anything from this, rest assured

no mistakes I spotted, just this part that made me grin ^_^

i'll be enjoying this fic !
    Hey, I'm glad you enjoyed it...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucairo View Post
    Pm List Plz!
    Will do. DL, could you maybe say a little bit more?