Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Old Voice - Before Battle Frontier

44 62.86%
  • New Voice - Battle Frontier Onwards

26 37.14%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ash's Voice!

I kinda preferred Ash's 4kids voice because it was far more memorable and easily recognisable than Ash's new dub voice which doesn't suit him very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy Boy View Post
    I kinda preferred Ash's 4kids voice because it was far more memorable and easily recognisable than Ash's new dub voice which doesn't suit him very well.
    Ash sounding like a guy doesn't suit him very well?

Aside from the emotion being somewhat flat from time to time, the pitch is almost perfect.

It's much better, and it makes Ash sound like he's roughly 15 years old now, which if the characters in the show actually aged, that would probably be how old he is now.

Johto > Kanto > OI > Hoenn > MMoMP

I didn't like Ash's voice in MMoMP, since it wasn't anythink like how it originaly sounded, so that comes in last. I liked Ash's original voice, when it was raspy, but I prefered Johto more. Hoenn started sounding a bit too young, so I didn't like that. And I honestly don't remember his current voice, so I can't comment on it.

I have no real preference, both are equally good. Although people are complaining that Ash's new voice sucks, check out the first 10-20 episodes of Kanto and tell me if it was constant during those episodes. Veronica was alos getting used to her voice during those times so don't jump on the I hate it bandwagon so fast.

I just re-read this thread and realised that I have posted the same post 4 times!!! Deleted them now.

I hope the new voice gets better soon.

-Tom ^.^

jolteonjak said it the best way. I like Ash's new voice and I've gotten use to it, but I really love Veronica Taylor's rendition and I probably always will mainly because it has more emotion and doesn't sound like Ash's throat is stopped up or something. I'm for both, so yeah. ^^;
    (image beautifully drawn by pixiv user id #45323)
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/34il6ah.png[/IMG]
    Lelouch is watching over all of us.

Old voice wins, the new voice is the worst voice on the show, and has various flaws. Veronica was better, I only wish the new voice actor would be fired, there's no emotion in her voice, and it sounds completly wrong for Ash. The new voice is terrible, period.

Quote Originally Posted by manaphy72 View Post
    when i was younger like 5 i thought babies were made by drinking a lot of milk and saying i want a baby

veronica sucks, anyone can do better, emotionless or not. Sarah kicks Veronica's Ash (pun intended) easy.

^Wow, way to bash senselessly. Even I, one of those purported "SOVA nutjobs" (XD), will admit that Natochenny's tone and pitch are pretty good even if I don't care much for it otherwise. Although, honestly, I didn't like his original Kanto voice much, either. It just sounded wierd most of the time. Johto and OI's voice was pretty good, Hoenn's was too, but I've really never been overly fond of any of his voices.

(But Sacha from the French dub has a hilarious voice. He sounds like a delusionally happy twenty year old three quarters of the timeXP)

Sarah Natochenny sounds like a robot programmed with only three intonations in her voice. She reads the title cards the same way every single show ("Sla-king KONG!") and when she actually manages to show emotion, it's always in the same manner no matter the situation (watch any "emotional" episode this season but make sure to include "Battling the Enemy Within," where she really blew it---"Thanks to you guys, I'm gonna be ok!"--- and "Wheel of Frontier.") I can't believe I actually supported her......and if you don't believe me, call my bluff and look up my old posts. I can prove I actually supported her until I saw the new "Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon" in whole.......and now I feel like a total fool.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Sorry...Veronica has done and will always do a better Ash. This new person just can't seem to show enough emotion to convey that she knows how Ash is feeling.

I will admit her Ash voice has gotten better. I'm just worried it'll take another 8 years for her to get to where Veronica was from pretty much mid- to late-Kanto.
    Agreed 100% It's true she has improved but she can't do emotion well and she can't do battling well. It's weird because I like the rest of the new cast, yet I still can't appreciate Ash's new voice.
    Last edited by TwilightFacade; 12th January 2007 at 4:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicolo's Depression View Post
    Agreed 100% It's true she has improved but she can't do emotion well and she can't do battling well. It's weird because I like the rest of the new cast, yet I still can't appreciate Ash's new voice.
    Dit-freakin'-o.

Even NewBrock, arguably the worst of the original Mastermind voices, has gotten it right. NewMay (I cannot remember her actual name for my life) did too, and they've only had one episode more than Sarah has under her belt and she still sounds like she just started the job.

This whole thing is so whacked out that even I can't get it.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

I've liked Ash's voice overall since season seven, both Veronica Taylor's and the new person's. I like that VT deepened Ash's voice naturally in her final two seasons, and it really made Ash sound great. The new person has gotten much better as the season has gone on, and I do like the work she's doing now. Her Ash sounds ten times better than at the beginning of the season. I also like that she kept it sounding a little older, it sounds good on Ash.

Overall, I much prefer his voice now to the way it was from mid-season one to season three, which is when I feel it was at its worst. Wow, hearing his voice an octave higher anytime I watch "Holiday Hi-Jynx" at Christmas is beyond strange now (and I did watch it this past Christmas).
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

At the start of the first season Ash's voice was a bit different to how it was later. But I think I prefer Ash's new voice although the emotion isn't quite there.

dude he sounds waaaaaaaaaaaaay better before battle frontier all the way

HeartGold FTW. Nuff said...

Veronica for the win hands down. And I dunno but Cybercube can't really talk about Nutjobs since he's the worse of all
    And I came for fun..

I honestly didn't like Satoshi's Dub voice to start, but it grew on me.

I had gotten used to Veronica Taylor voicing him, that's why I hated his new voice.

When I saw the Mastermind Special, they used someone that I had heard previously on 4Kids' shows from Taj, I hated her a lot.

At first, I thought Natochenny (Is that how you spell her name) sounded quite Ash-like, but I don't feel that way anymore. I wonder how anyone would want her as a VA. I suppose she's not so bad, just not Satoshi material.
    Member of the Following Clubs:
    The SPP Atheist Alliance
    The Kenta/Jimmy/Gold Fanclub Version 2.0
    The Japanese Language Club
    The Digimon Club, Version 3.0

I voted new voice. It's just that he sounds older now and I like that. His voice is weird I agree but it seems to be just a mixed voice of japanese Ash, Veronica and her own. Well that's what it sounds to me anyway.=P

Neither Ash voice was up to standard in acting when compared to the Japanese Ash anyway.

Put together by me.

I liked Ash's voice more in the begining than none because he just doesn't seem to be 'Ash' anymore if you know what I mean. I dunno. Maybe I just don't like the new voice because it makes him sound like a girl. Hell... If I tried to get my voice low enough I could probably sound just like him. XD

[IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2i1drp5.png[/IMG]
    PO username: [PK]Dark Goddess
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/ot1z7n.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/fk9u1k.png[/IMG]
    Credit to Hokiemon of Nintendo Worlds for the banner
    and Dr. Chaos for the userbar. :3

I havent heard it yet sooo
    but the very first series was too deep for a ten year old. i think that the hoenn voice was fine.
    Waiting for HG.
    RIP: Original gold game. May you entertain Jebus in pieces.

Older for sure.

I prefer the Kanto to Houen Ash voice but his new voice is quite good, it just needs more emotion. The only new voice I really can't stand is James, WAY too posh. However, being the nerd that I am, I personaly think his Japanese voice is his best voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle85 View Post
    Veronica for the win hands down. And I dunno but Cybercube can't really talk about Nutjobs since he's the worse of all
    Don't flamebait.
    If you want to fight me on Smash Bros send me a PM or VM.

I have to say I liked Ash's old voice because that's what I was used to. I'm not saying I can't stand the new one, it's just...different, I'm not one to like changes after such a long time. :< (That's just for Ash's voice nowadays...I've gotten used to everyone else. ^^; )
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<

I like his old voice. His new voice sounds like he's going through puberty lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast