Page 101 of 382 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 9541

Thread: Christian Alliance

I've looked over what appears to be H.R. 2093, and I don't see how it could be dangerous legislation. It seems more to do with the general public than American Christians. If someone can explain for me or anyone else, please do.
    The page I looked at was here.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateNagash View Post
    I know having it banned is worse - it was a semi-true. But it is kind of true. Oh, and just for the record, people get banned stuff easily. Drugs, cigs, etc... I would know... The people I know
    Turns out not only do you get cannabis, you can even get stuff that's scented or flavoured of stuff like peaches
    But lets not go into that....
    Let alone all that stuff about those smelly markers. They had all kinds of different smells like peach, strawberry, and apple. Why would a company encourage kids to sniff markers like that? If I know kids, (because I still am one) they'd try to pick up Sharpies and start sniffing them to see what kind of smell they were.
    For what reason do we restrict our hearts so?

Someone dared me to try that - then said I wasn't doing it. Nothing happened, they said I wasn't doing it right
    So I tried 5 times...
    Nothing happened...

BTW most legislations suck and are stupid... So there
    Scarlet Rue, Cassandra Cain, Luka Millfy, Toph Bei Fong, Molly Hayes, Megan Gwynn, Stephanie Brown
    "Ohhh... this is how it all ends... Pond flirting with herself... true love at last."
    My available short stories: The Ending Star and A Hunter of Auld Times
    "It's a magical world, Hobbes ol' buddy... Let's go exploring!"

BTW most legislations suck and are stupid... So there
    Amen Ultimate Nagash.
    About to do an X Scramble Challenge!!!
    Let me know if you would like to trade or battle!
    3DS Friend Code: 1779-0043-7163
    Name on 3DS: BT

I've looked over what appears to be H.R. 2093, and I don't see how it could be dangerous legislation. It seems more to do with the general public than American Christians. If someone can explain for me or anyone else, please do.
    The page I looked at was here.
    If you look further into the site I gave you, it explained everything.
    || The stars rule men, but God rules the stars. ||

OWNER OF THE CHRISTIAN ALLIANCE
    Cartoon Bish; Soundwave

While it does look unconstitutional to me (I know incredibly little about legal and constitutional jargon for any country, let alone the USA, though, so take my words there with a grain of salt), it doesn't appear to be directed specifically against Christians, so it would probably be best to stop claiming it as such.

it's a general problem that can be used against Christians.

in any case, even if the law were never exercised against Christians, it's unconstitutional and yet another step toward Fascist Amerika.

i signed.

I know it's kind of off topic but... I had requested a banner and it might be useable here, below is the banner (and who to give credit).

Give credit to Science for the banner.

Ps. I saw the petition... but I'm not old enough to vote. I'll show it to my mom however.
    If December 21 is the end of the world, it has been an honor RPing with y'all!

Actually if you want to try Manaphy, enter in your information, but uncheck the "I'm 18yrs of age..." box. I think it might actually go through.

As for the banner, it's adorable, but are you sure Science is ok with it? You might wanna contact him or her before I put it up. It's not my banner to just decide to use it anywhere I want. ^^;

Cartoon Bish; Soundwave

Really good banner...
    Uggh, so we are still talking about the petition eh...

yes, but that is old news.

let's talk about something else. I think I am going to be late for church. I'll be back later!

Let's talk about.....Jesus!
    About to do an X Scramble Challenge!!!
    Let me know if you would like to trade or battle!
    3DS Friend Code: 1779-0043-7163
    Name on 3DS: BT

Hmm, I had to leave church early cause I had to come home to eat (I'm @ home right now) and then I have to go to my band concert...

That's a really cute banner.

Today was graduate recognition Sunday for our church.

That is a cute banner. I guess I can make a banner featuring Hidan and Deidara and it will feature one of my favorite verses that I have on a bookmark. It will be a suprised but it will be cute. It has something to do with clay and Hidan is reading it.
    Betelgueseshipper for life Yo!

That banner is pretty sweet.

Also, I have my mini-sermon done, but I needed to fix one thing. I'll try to post it as soon as I can, but knowing Serebii's lag, it might be a while...
    Pikawho: 5413 5779 3126 (Pt) / 4941 7679 5057 (SS) / 0474 5386 6385 (Pearl) / 2795 0047 2273 (Black) / 2148 8311 0090 (3DS)

Pic by Giygas.
    Owner of the ChristianAlliance

"Awake, my soul, give me eyes to see the King exalted, deserving and worthy. Awake, my soul, give me words to speak among the nations proclaiming Your glory.
    OH, HOW YOU'VE PROVEN THAT THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU! EVER FAITHFUL TO SUCH FAITHLESS MEN LIKE US!"
    Wolves at the Gate - Awaken

That is a cute banner. I guess I can make a banner featuring Hidan and Deidara and it will feature one of my favorite verses that I have on a bookmark. It will be a suprised but it will be cute. It has something to do with clay and Hidan is reading it.
    Wow, Hidan? Now there'd be a...what's the word? Ironic situation? I mean, considering how his real religion is in the story.

Perhaps we say he got converted before Shikamaru and the big boom? XD

Also, I have my mini-sermon done, but I needed to fix one thing. I'll try to post it as soon as I can, but knowing Serebii's lag, it might be a while...
    *lol* We should almost take bets on when these lags will stop...>>;

Cartoon Bish; Soundwave

Sorry, I know it's off topic but...
    If anyone could check out my RPG, Sonic Heroes II (third tome's the charm), and concider signing up that would be great. Thanks in advance
    <
    If December 21 is the end of the world, it has been an honor RPing with y'all!

Sorry, but advertising isn't allowed anywhere on the forum. Although you're not advertising an actual website, we still shouldn't do that stuff in places where it doesn't belong. ^^;

Cartoon Bish; Soundwave

Today was graduate recognition Sunday for our church.
    Really? I went with to a friend's church Sunday night and they were doing that...

i wanna join

i follow the bible and i luv jesus

jesus is the best

atheists and gays and lefties and commies and islams should go to hell

i love jesus so i will go to heaven

Carniline calm down plz, i don't want to see any kind of fight erupt.

*heavy sigh*

atheists and gays and lefties and commies and islams should go to hell
    Jesus taught to love everyone, even those who insult and curse you. Anyone who does not accept the Lord Jesus is someone you should pray for, not hate and reject.

Furthermore, no human is deserving of heaven except Jesus. The only reason we're still allowed to go is because God is merciful.

...it's people like YOU who deserve to go to Hell. People like YOU make Christians look like crap. If you become a member of this club, then I gladly will quit.
    You insult him for being unChristian, yet you in turn do the same.

He deserves to go to hell? What Christian says such things? Although we truely aren't deserving of heaven, your intentions were clearly spiteful. I won't let him join just yet without speaking first (especially since you mentioned the trolling), but such behavior isn't holy either.

Cartoon Bish; Soundwave

Yeah, you're not being very Christ like. Just forget about it and move on. I've had anger-spurts like that before so don't feel like you are alone.

Mini-Sermon!: Proverbs 3: 5-7

This verse, like many Proverbs, tells you directly what it means. Simply, we should trust in God with our entire heart and not try to do things on our own. And that if we do, God will make our path clear to us and will guide us. And to, finally, not be wise in our own eyes.

How would this look in everyday life? Well, this would be seen in daily prayer. When you pray to God your requests, you are tellinbg Him that you are trusting that He will answer them.

Here's a question for you guys: How often, when troubles arise, do you forget to rely on God for help or deliverance? For me, the answer is alot of the time. An example would be this past week. I was very nervous about my Chemistry final and research paper that was coming up. Instead of asking God for help and peace, I was stubborn and relied on myself to pull all this off in time. I did pray about them, but they weren't really whole-hearted prayers and I had a sense of doubt within me as I prayed.

Although I did finish these things in time for them to be done, I was tired and had head-aches from all the work. It wasn't until I thought about what I should do this devotional on, when a friend asked me to pray to God about it. It was then when God convicted me that I had not been trusting Him at all this week. So, I prayed about it, and God brought this verse to mind. I thank God for bringing me back to Him.

So, how does this apply to us? Well, when a trial comes our way, we should trust in God to be there to help and comfort us. We should also remember that He is faithful to answer our prayers and that He is always there. Although I failed at this during the week, I remember that I am always forgiven because of what Jesus did on the cross. If it wasn't for Him, I probably would have continued to rely on myself.
    -----------------------------------------------------------

So yeah, discuss.
    Pikawho: 5413 5779 3126 (Pt) / 4941 7679 5057 (SS) / 0474 5386 6385 (Pearl) / 2795 0047 2273 (Black) / 2148 8311 0090 (3DS)

Pic by Giygas.
    Owner of the ChristianAlliance

"Awake, my soul, give me eyes to see the King exalted, deserving and worthy. Awake, my soul, give me words to speak among the nations proclaiming Your glory.
    OH, HOW YOU'VE PROVEN THAT THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU! EVER FAITHFUL TO SUCH FAITHLESS MEN LIKE US!"
    Wolves at the Gate - Awaken

Quote Originally Posted by Shigeru-kun View Post
    *lol* We should almost take bets on when these lags will stop...>>;
    I found out that it doesn't lag on Weekday mornings when most of Serebii is at school. Hehe, one advantage to homeschooling.

And, Carnivine, I doubt Jesus would tell someone to go to hell.
    The New PBR Pokedex Updated as of : 10/12/07 (PM me videos of PBR Pokemon and receive credit)

D/P Friend Code: 0688 3300 1403 Name: Saint

Page 101 of 382 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast