Page 11 of 382 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Christian Alliance

so, does anyone have any witnessing stories?
    or even stories about knocking on doors to invite people to church.
    we used to do that. fun times! People would tell us not to go on certain roads because someone might shoot us! lol!
    one time, me and my friend went to someone's door, and this old lady answered wearing only a towel. GROSS! we closed our eyes and gave her an invitation to church.
    About to do an X Scramble Challenge!!!
    Let me know if you would like to trade or battle!
    3DS Friend Code: 1779-0043-7163
    Name on 3DS: BT

May I join? I'm Orthodox Christian.
    ^.-±[[Christian Alliance]]±
    ~±Bishie:Scyther±~

I apologise for not posting here for a while! I'm not going to be able to post much. I've been busy with alot, But I'll post here whenever I can.^^

How do "nonbelievers" treat you in school, work, etc.? [nonbelievers that know you're a Christian]

Well, Most treat me just fine. Other than asking me weird questions, They treat me no different then they would if I was not a Christian. x3

But, Some also try to talk me into converting to Atheism, And if I say I'm not interested, They make fun of me. I ignore those kind of people though, They're being very immature. >>;

I've also prayed for everyone who's asked for it. I wish you all luck and hope you all get better. =3

Btw, Welcome all new members!

Quote Originally Posted by dotaitos15 View Post
    sure you can join! just be nice!

Quote Originally Posted by dotaitos15 View Post
    As if you can't!

I've had an eye test recently. Seems I have to wear glasses because I might have glaucoma. It's going to be strange wearing glasses, but I'll be able to possibly stop my eyes from unfocusing.

Does anyone have any witnessing stories?
    I haven't gotten used to witnessing. I try to tell my friends at school sometimes, but they just block me from their field of senses, or get into this fiery 'debate' that leaves no winner. :\
    For what reason do we restrict our hearts so?

Does anyone have any witnessing stories?

Unfortunately, no... I don't know many non believers and I haven't been able to join my church's faith ministry...

i just thought of a new topic, but forgot it!

oh yeah!

Which version of the Bible do you use?
    I use the King James Bible all the time. People think it is hard to read, but i have gotten used to it!

If you wanted energy, I'm the man. I have too much of it

I use King James aswell. I'm the only in the family that does.

I have a prayer request. My neighbor just came over and said earlier today someone broke into his house and stole $1000 and some other odds-and-ends. To sum it up, he isn't in a particularly fine mood. And, today, my World History teacher said his house was broken into aswell. Please pray for these two.

BTW, the story my teacher said about what happened is hilarious.
    The New PBR Pokedex Updated as of : 10/12/07 (PM me videos of PBR Pokemon and receive credit)

D/P Friend Code: 0688 3300 1403 Name: Saint

ty for letting me join
    ^.-±[[Christian Alliance]]±
    ~±Bishie:Scyther±~

I use the ESV.(English Standard Version) It is easy to read, plus, my church uses it.

Witnessing moments?

No. I haven't gotten the chance to. Wait. I did preach the Gospel to my friend one time. I was pretty successful. I believe that he believes in God and that Jesus' death was sufficient enough to pay for our sins. But, it seems that that is as far as he got. He has shown no desire to follow God and his comandments. He continues to sin and not care. Sure he has faith, but without living for God, his faith is worthless. In James 2:17 it says, "So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead."

Welcome new person!
    Pikawho: 5413 5779 3126 (Pt) / 4941 7679 5057 (SS) / 0474 5386 6385 (Pearl) / 2795 0047 2273 (Black) / 2148 8311 0090 (3DS)

Pic by Giygas.
    Owner of the ChristianAlliance

"Awake, my soul, give me eyes to see the King exalted, deserving and worthy. Awake, my soul, give me words to speak among the nations proclaiming Your glory.
    OH, HOW YOU'VE PROVEN THAT THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU! EVER FAITHFUL TO SUCH FAITHLESS MEN LIKE US!"
    Wolves at the Gate - Awaken

*hackcoughcough!* I have a prayer request... I'm really sick. I'd like to get better soon, seeing as there are some things I'd rather be doing than coughing up my own lungs. *hackhackcoughhackcough!* Thanks for your prayers if you do send them to me... *cough!*
    IT'S FINALLY BACK!
    [IMG]http://i31.*******.com/vg1ovt.jpg[/IMG]
    Ultimate Face-Off Owner

Winner: for Adventure Face-Off Red and Blue Version!
    Credit for userbar goes to
    ~.:Northern Lights:.~

i have been raised in church almost my whole life! And i have been around Christian families all that time. I thought believeing in Jesus Christ was simple with all the people i knew. One day, in 9nth grade, i was eating lunch with friends (good time to witness!) and someone told me he was an atheist. I asked him, "What is an Atheist?" He told me it means that he does not believe in a god! i was shocked! I have never met an atheist before that time. I knew there were a lot of people who did not believe in anything supernatural, but they were in Georgia too? One of the states in the Bible Belt of America. He did not give me a reason for his "faith", but i asked him about the miracles, the Word of God, the wonders of creation, and lastly the Sacrifice of Jesus. he just said, "I don't believe in God." That was just one story of me trying to witness.
    I saw him before school ended, asked him if he still did not believe, and he shook his head "no"! i was still confused, so I had a lot of learning to do!

Also, i will pray for everyone!
    Last edited by crobatman; 25th January 2007 at 4:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crobatman View Post
    I saw before school ended, asked him if he still did not believe, and he shook his head "no"! i was still confused, so I had a lot of learning to do!
    Wait, did he mean, "No, I still don't belive." or "No, I belive now."?
    IT'S FINALLY BACK!
    [IMG]http://i31.*******.com/vg1ovt.jpg[/IMG]
    Ultimate Face-Off Owner

Winner: for Adventure Face-Off Red and Blue Version!
    Credit for userbar goes to
    ~.:Northern Lights:.~

^Most likely that he still did not believe.

I'll be praying that you will get better Yellowhat.

Ok guys. I've started to feel closer to God again. thanks for your prayers!
    Pikawho: 5413 5779 3126 (Pt) / 4941 7679 5057 (SS) / 0474 5386 6385 (Pearl) / 2795 0047 2273 (Black) / 2148 8311 0090 (3DS)

Pic by Giygas.

"Awake, my soul, give me eyes to see the King exalted, deserving and worthy. Awake, my soul, give me words to speak among the nations proclaiming Your glory.
    OH, HOW YOU'VE PROVEN THAT THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU! EVER FAITHFUL TO SUCH FAITHLESS MEN LIKE US!"

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat View Post
    Wait, did he mean, "No, I still don't belive." or "No, I belive now."?
    Or did it mean that he didn't know? or could he just not want to answer? lol Why can't someone just give more than "No" nowadays, especially just shaking heads?
    For what reason do we restrict our hearts so?

There's gonna be people who don't believe in God anywhere... sorry, but it's true.

Anyway, 2 things:
    1) Someone thought they could annoy me by saying that I fancied someone - the person I'd asked out! It did annoy me in the end, cause he just said it over and over again, with me going yeah, I know or so... It just annoyed me cause he was saying the same thing over and over and over again. So I left...
    It started cause we're talking about something, and I was kind of/semi defending her (someone asked a question about hypothetically asking which was worse on her: **** or (what was it?) scatty-*****. I said neither, they're both harse, and he said that's cause I love her. So it goes into me going yeah, we know, and him going you love her...
    2) Guy who's always annoyed me by being a complete jerk to me is really getting on my nerves - oh, he can't ever acknowledge me, unless I've done something wrong...

So, not really a bad day, cause well, on Monday I wasn't feeling great at all - in fact, I left school cause of it. Later, chatted to my other non-girlfriend (i.e. I asked her out and she said no...) on the phone, which cheered me up - even though I'm no longer painting...
    Anyway, that's my summary for today.
    Last edited by UltimateNagash; 24th January 2007 at 8:10 PM.
    Scarlet Rue, Cassandra Cain, Luka Millfy, Toph Bei Fong, Molly Hayes, Megan Gwynn, Stephanie Brown
    "Ohhh... this is how it all ends... Pond flirting with herself... true love at last."
    My available short stories: The Ending Star and A Hunter of Auld Times
    "It's a magical world, Hobbes ol' buddy... Let's go exploring!"

Hello, as you may not know, this is my first post here. Yes I am a Christian, I have been following God for a while, about a year. Its been great! I do not know what to type about, so I read my Bible daily and try to make good choices and think what Jesus would do. Currently, my goal is to turn my unbeliever friends to the Lord. We have an FCS(Fellowship of Christian Students) at my school, I endeavor to get those friends there, I won't give up! I attend a Youth Group at a nearby Church, which there, I really obtain more knowledge of God. Well... theres not much else to say, so goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightStorm View Post
    Hello, as you may not know, this is my first post here. Yes I am a Christian, I have been following God for a while, about a year. Its been great! I do not know what to type about, so I read my Bible daily and try to make good choices and think what Jesus would do. Currently, my goal is to turn my unbeliever friends to the Lord. We have an FCS(Fellowship of Christian Students) at my school, I endeavor to get those friends there, I won't give up! I attend a Youth Group at a nearby Church, which there, I really obtain more knowledge of God. Well... theres not much else to say, so goodbye.
    Hey! We have an FCS as well, but I'm not a part of it because they never announced the sign up... Dang communications problems at our school...

Anyway, Crobatman, I don't know any atheists my self but one of my mom's students is a member of... I don't know the name of the cult, it's about witches I believe... wicca, wicka... I can't spell it...

I use the new century version. Still the same old Bible, but with modern day terms. I would use the KJV, but...eh. No thank you. My Bible says the exact same things, but it's easier for me to read. I would rather read a Bible I get something out of, than one where I'm sitting there wondering "uhh...so does this mean that?"

Ok guys. I've started to feel closer to God again. thanks for your prayers!
    That's awesome Pikawho?, glad to hear! And if anyone's curious on my current state, eh...the other day I thought I was back to normal, but later in the night I had a major break down. Today I've been feeling incredibly distant to God and it's not like I even care about it. Really in need of prayers right now.

As for other people's prayers, everyone here is always in my heart. I know I don't reply to every single post, but believe me, I still pray.
    || The stars rule men, but God rules the stars. ||

OWNER OF THE CHRISTIAN ALLIANCE
    Cartoon Bish; Soundwave

Hey, I can't really do my brief topic out of my book tonight cuz I have a huge research paper due really soon and I have to get on it.
    The New PBR Pokedex Updated as of : 10/12/07 (PM me videos of PBR Pokemon and receive credit)

D/P Friend Code: 0688 3300 1403 Name: Saint

I have a Christian club at my school, but no one really goes there often.

And I use the NIV version, I've never even seen a KJV bible execpt in hotel rooms, lol.

The new, modern day version.

Aww.. Shigeru-sama... ;; I feel terrible for you. I promise to pray extra hard for you and the Lord to regain a strong relationship.

Ah, this is sorta selfish of me.. but I have a prayer request for myself. ._.;; I have a HUGE Algebra exam tomorrow, and I want to do my very best. I'm really nervous, so please pray that everything goes well and I try my hardest.

As for all the other request, I'll be prayin' for you!!
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/14xex68.gif[/IMG]

❝you were so great❞

Bishounen ☆ America
    Video game ☆ Ocarina of Time
    Video game character ☆ Solid Snake

Shigeru, I'll be praying for you. It sucks when you feel distant from God.

Hakuryuu; I'll be praying for you as well.

Midnightstorm; Welcome to the Alliance! It's great how you are trying to get your friends to turn to God. I'll be praying that God will be with you and give you the right words to say.

Edit: I just remembered that I will be attending a message tomorrow night by Randy Newman, the author of "Questioning Evangalism". This will be the first of three messages that he will preach every other week, and he will be preaching on how we should evangelize to others. I'll be taking notes, and will post them when I get back.
    Last edited by Pikawho?; 25th January 2007 at 2:45 AM.

Pic by Giygas.

YAY! another member!

welcome to the alliance Midnightstorm!

that story was from when i was in the 9th grade. I am 18 now and in college.

and i will pray for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Shigeru-kun View Post
    And if anyone's curious on my current state, eh...the other day I thought I was back to normal, but later in the night I had a major break down. Today I've been feeling incredibly distant to God and it's not like I even care about it. Really in need of prayers right now.
    I really don't know what to say - just to say I kind of know how you feel. I'll try and pray - really bad at it myself...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuryuu View Post
    I have a HUGE Algebra exam tomorrow, and I want to do my very best. I'm really nervous, so please pray that everything goes well and I try my hardest.
    Do you need any help on it - cause I'm good at the Alegbra?
    Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one386 View Post
    Anyway, Crobatman, I don't know any atheists my self but one of my mom's students is a member of... I don't know the name of the cult, it's about witches I believe... wicca, wicka... I can't spell it...
    Something like Wican? Right?

Just had a vent out of anger at guy who's been ignoring i.e. pissing me off all the time. Oh no, he's taking apart stuff, so I took a picture. How annoying...
    Yeah, right... Oh, nice to get out sometimes...
    Last edited by UltimateNagash; 25th January 2007 at 11:18 AM.
    Scarlet Rue, Cassandra Cain, Luka Millfy, Toph Bei Fong, Molly Hayes, Megan Gwynn, Stephanie Brown
    "Ohhh... this is how it all ends... Pond flirting with herself... true love at last."
    My available short stories: The Ending Star and A Hunter of Auld Times
    "It's a magical world, Hobbes ol' buddy... Let's go exploring!"

Page 11 of 382 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast