Page 3 of 382 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Christian Alliance

Welcome new members!

Quote Originally Posted by XxM!styxX View Post
    I have a prayer request for my mom's friend who just got a divorce because she found out her husband is gay (=[) and she's alone with her daughter now because her son is involved with Satanistic stuff and he moved out =[ please please pray for them!!
    I am praying for them all. That's some complicated stuff going on in those lives.

I love the song "Jesus Take the Wheel" too! I also like the song "What the World Can Never Take Away" for reasons of my own. A song that struck me powerfully when I first heard it was "Worthy Is The Lamb." That song will always be special to me.

[Anime Style Battling Squad]
    3DS FC: 1693-0754-4014
    Formerly known as Voltaic

Do you listen to Christian music?
    I only listen to live performances of non-famous people...
    I do not listen to CD's or tapes often...but sometimes I accidentally hear our teachers playing those music and I will pause for a while and sing along...hehehe
    —Ziakra

I still didn't ask her - although mainly due to me being in Portsmouth yesturday. Had to get up 6, and didn't get to where I was going till, oh, about 10:30. My goodness, I'm still tired today...

The guy I've talked to said I was being "clingy", but well, I've had enough...I've been pushing people away for a while, and my mind has always worked that I want to be around people that make me happy, and to make them happy - I don't know what I'm really talking about, or what I'm going to do, but hey.

Also, I've got exams next week - proper exams that give me points to get me to Uni. So I'm revising alot. I won't be on much for a week (till Thursday afternoon), so don't expect many replies from me...
    Although I will ask her on Saturday, but probably not before.

Still haven't been able to talk to my other female friend - who I asked out (and said no). But that stories been told.
    No, know, she didn't come down to youth group last week, and I tried to find her where she worked - where she still does - but she wasn't working them. Plus it's another town, so it's not really convienient.

Anyway, bye from the messed up guy!
    Scarlet Rue, Cassandra Cain, Luka Millfy, Toph Bei Fong, Molly Hayes, Megan Gwynn, Stephanie Brown
    "Ohhh... this is how it all ends... Pond flirting with herself... true love at last."
    My available short stories: The Ending Star and A Hunter of Auld Times
    "It's a magical world, Hobbes ol' buddy... Let's go exploring!"

Casting Crowns, "Set Me Free" song is really good.

or Switchfoot. not as Christian, but still is. tend to be more pilosophiacal(sp?) in their lyrics then anything though.

P.S. Nice new thread ^_^
    I am a Christian. Thank you.
    Join the coalition for heathier lint.

I don't really listen to Christian music, I have'nt actually heard of any bands. Do you know only 30% of the Catholic religion in our country alone go to church, it's quite sad that despite the fact that the religion has been practised in our country for over a millenia, hardly any actually practise the faith. And i go to a catholic school, quite a few are atheists and once some satanics, (note this is not an insult to the atheist alliance, i respect all religions), what's gonna happen to our faith? Next year there is'nt going to be a two week easter holiday in our school.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard_guardian787 View Post
    I don't really listen to Christian music, I have'nt actually heard of any bands. Do you know only 30% of the Catholic religion in our country alone go to church, it's quite sad that despite the fact that the religion has been practised in our country for over a millenia, hardly any actually practise the faith. And i go to a catholic school, quite a few are atheists and once some satanics, (note this is not an insult to the atheist alliance, i respect all religions), what's gonna happen to our faith? Next year there is'nt going to be a two week easter holiday in our school.
    That sounds like the kind of stuff I heard on battlecry.com, so it sounds right. The scary thing is that the next generation is estimated to only be 4% Christian.
    A proud member of:SPPf Christian Alliance

When I asked Jesus how much he loved me, he said "This much."
    Then he stretched out his arms...and died for me.

Click so they hatch and grow:

^ 4%?! Ya right. That's like global warming. Total crap. Considering how high Christianity is in the world (biggest religion, not to mention I believe stats have shown it's only growing), there's no way in heck the next generation will only be 4%. Sure over time things will dwindle down (it's suppose to happen), but this soon? Uh...no.

Also guys, don't buy things most teenagers say. You say these kids say they're atheists and satantic? While it's true some could be serious, you gotta remember--kids say anything when they're teens. My freaking parents have always believed in God, but did that stop them from having sex before marriage? Doing drugs? Drinking? Uh...no. Nowadays they obviously don't do that, they're older and know it's stupid and wrong. When they were young though they didn't care. That's how teenagers are. Many of them will change when they get older. Especially because, yanno...we can pray for them.
    || The stars rule men, but God rules the stars. ||

OWNER OF THE CHRISTIAN ALLIANCE
    Cartoon Bish; Soundwave

Quote Originally Posted by XxM!styxX View Post
    I have a prayer request for my mom's friend who just got a divorce because she found out her husband is gay (=[) and she's alone with her daughter now because her son is involved with Satanistic stuff and he moved out =[ please please pray for them!!
    Woah, That's terrible. You can be sure I'll be praying for them.

I agree with Shigeru-Kun, Satanist are idiots. He has already lost, Why in the World would you worship a loser when you can worship God and Jesus? I have no idea.

Btw, Welcome Shiney Ho-oh! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Haruka View Post

I agree with Shigeru-Kun, Satanist are idiots. He has already lost, Why in the World would you worship a loser when you can worship God and Jesus? I have no idea.
    Of course, there's always the problem with the satanistic bible. Kind of contradictory, I think. I've only heard of it, and I've never seen one before, but I wouldn't be suprised if there is one, since there's a nazi bible as well. I wonder if there are any manmade copyright laws on the Bible...
    For what reason do we restrict our hearts so?

Quote Originally Posted by Shigeru-kun View Post
    ^ 4%?! Ya right. That's like global warming. Total crap. Considering how high Christianity is in the world (biggest religion, not to mention I believe stats have shown it's only growing), there's no way in heck the next generation will only be 4%. Sure over time things will dwindle down (it's suppose to happen), but this soon? Uh...no.
    Did you know 78% of statistics are made up?
    Also guys, don't buy things most teenagers say. You say these kids say they're atheists and satantic? While it's true some could be serious, you gotta remember--kids say anything when they're teens. My freaking parents have always believed in God, but did that stop them from having sex before marriage? Doing drugs? Drinking? Uh...no. Nowadays they obviously don't do that, they're older and know it's stupid and wrong. When they were young though they didn't care. That's how teenagers are. Many of them will change when they get older. Especially because, yanno...we can pray for them.
    Well, most of them Go being sober 100% of the time for me! And being a male virgin (and proud ).
    As well as not having drugs, except for the occasional pot (ok, really, only frugs I do are medical ones i.e. hayfever )

But I guess that's just me - I do laugh at people who have these experiences - one guy I met got soo drunk he fell asleep on a train to Amerstam (something like that) with no money or phone. Oops...

Anyway, should I ask her tommorw (Friday), Saturday or wait till my exams are over (Wednesday and Thursday)?
    Scarlet Rue, Cassandra Cain, Luka Millfy, Toph Bei Fong, Molly Hayes, Megan Gwynn, Stephanie Brown
    "Ohhh... this is how it all ends... Pond flirting with herself... true love at last."

Gosh. I feel so behind. D: Meh, I really need to start on that prauer request list.. XD If you want, please PM me the request so I can have them on file. It'd be a hastle to go to the old thread.

New forum huh? *joins or something XD*

Please forgive me for being absent-minded and not posting sooner. School is just so... Meh. =/

I'd love to rejoin if that would be okay..
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/14xex68.gif[/IMG]

❝you were so great❞

Bishounen ☆ America
    Video game ☆ Ocarina of Time
    Video game character ☆ Solid Snake

Don't worry about it - being away from a day doesn't really matter...Afterall, that's the beauty of the interweb and stuff!

Anyway, anyone got any advice for me or not - bear in mind the time difference...I'm GMT, so that should help. I posted this at 9pm, so I might be able to get you guys replies at some point before school - maybe...

I think you should wait until after your exams, so you can just focus on that...

If it's okay, I've decided to take notes when we do prayer requests at school...

1. A boy that graduated a few years ago and joined the army is going to Iraq in a few weeks.

2. Vanilla, my friend's, church youth group has adopted an orphan in Asia. They are sending her supplies and money and such.

3. Vanilla also knows of a boy that goes to a school the next county over who is cutting himself.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateNagash View Post
    Did you know 78% of statistics are made up?

Well, most of them Go being sober 100% of the time for me! And being a male virgin (and proud ).
    As well as not having drugs, except for the occasional pot (ok, really, only frugs I do are medical ones i.e. hayfever )

But I guess that's just me - I do laugh at people who have these experiences - one guy I met got soo drunk he fell asleep on a train to Amerstam (something like that) with no money or phone. Oops...

Anyway, should I ask her tommorw (Friday), Saturday or wait till my exams are over (Wednesday and Thursday)?
    Do it whenever you feel like it. But if I was you, I'd ask her on Saturday. I wouldn't wait too long. But again, Do it when you'd like to.

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one386 View Post
    I think you should wait until after your exams, so you can just focus on that...

If it's okay, I've decided to take notes when we do prayer requests at school...

1. A boy that graduated a few years ago and joined the army is going to Iraq in a few weeks.

2. Vanilla, my friend's, church youth group has adopted an orphan in Asia. They are sending her supplies and money and such.

3. Vanilla also knows of a boy that goes to a school the next county over who is cutting himself.

I'll be praying for them. I sort of have a prayer request, but not really. Anyways, one of my wisdom teeth is growing in.(I'm not sure if they are supposed to come this early. If not, I'm abnormal) My mom is going to set up an appointment soon with the dentist to checkit out. Can you guys pray that, when I have them pulled, the operation will go quickly and safely? Thanks.

UltimateNagash, ask her after your exams. If you ask her before, then you will be focused on trying to get the answer from her and it might distract you from your studies which will result in you not doing well.
    Pikawho: 5413 5779 3126 (Pt) / 4941 7679 5057 (SS) / 0474 5386 6385 (Pearl) / 2795 0047 2273 (Black) / 2148 8311 0090 (3DS)

Pic by Giygas.
    Owner of the ChristianAlliance

"Awake, my soul, give me eyes to see the King exalted, deserving and worthy. Awake, my soul, give me words to speak among the nations proclaiming Your glory.
    OH, HOW YOU'VE PROVEN THAT THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU! EVER FAITHFUL TO SUCH FAITHLESS MEN LIKE US!"
    Wolves at the Gate - Awaken

Yea, ask her after the exams. I've been in the same hole as you are in now. I debated asking her during the exam days, but I'd figure that would bug me to the point that I'd do horrible. Wait until the pressure of school exams are over with and then make your move and ask.

Wow, I just realized that I've been sick for the whole school week. I hate the flu...
    The New PBR Pokedex Updated as of : 10/12/07 (PM me videos of PBR Pokemon and receive credit)

D/P Friend Code: 0688 3300 1403 Name: Saint

Sorry you're sick, C-Rich. Flu is no fun AT ALL. I'll be praying for everyone here tonight, especially you. And speaking of which, I have a prayer request. My friend's dog got hit by a car and died a few days ago, and she's pretty sad about it.

I need to check here every day-there's tons of post since my last one! [/lazy]

Quote Originally Posted by Mare Imbrium View Post
    My friend's dog got hit by a car and died a few days ago, and she's pretty sad about it.
    They're in my prayers. I know what it's like to lose a pet...

Before you guys go bashing Satanists, maybe you should find out what they are all about. Satanism isn't about worshiping the Devil, it's all about self worship; putting yourself before anything else.

Not to say it's still not wrong, but it's probably not as bad as most of you thought.

Please have an open mind too. You ask for every other religion to not bash Christianity, so don't bash theirs. It's only respectful.
    Latest Song - Simply Love
    You don't just get over someone

Either you're still in love with them, or you never were.

Well, I'm not bashing anyone - anyway, there's going to be multiple versions and beliefs of any religion, even in the same place of worship. So nobody can say "all of these people do this and that" etc etc...

Anyway, exams Wednesday and Thursday
    I work with her on Saturday
    Maybe I'll get an answer, but who knows...

Before you guys go bashing Satanists, maybe you should find out what they are all about. Satanism isn't about worshiping the Devil, it's all about self worship; putting yourself before anything else.
    Satanism is a religious, semi-religious and/or philosophical movement whose adherents recognize Satan, either as an archetype, literal being, pre-cosmic force, or anything inbetween. Some Satanists celebrate aspects of human nature represented by the usually Christian or literary (Milton, Goethe) Satan archetype. Many Satanists do not worship a deity called Satan or any other deity. ...

Yes there are some who do not associate the devil with it, but as you can clearly see, the defintion is most usually used for people who do. To find someone using it to refer to someone who isn't...very unlikely. Not to mention self worship is just as bad as following the devil. We're not bashing, but the fact of the matter is that it's wrong. It's hard to disapprove of something without sounding hateful. The whole point of not approving of something is hating part of it.

And everyone who asked for prayer requests--got'cha covered.
    Last edited by Shigeru-kun; 12th January 2007 at 11:43 AM.

Cartoon Bish; Soundwave

I don't want to start an argument here, so I'm going to correct you and drop it. (it would be great if you could quote your resources next time)

If you've read The Satanic Bible, you would know that Satan is not their God, or even their demigod. Satan is a figure that they should base themselves upon. Their Nine Laws are based on Satan from the actual Bible, however, he is just a symbol, according to their bible. The entire point of Satanism is worshiping yourself as god, and celebrating it as if were king of the world.

In today's society though, people have morphed Satanism to something it was never meant to be.

Edit- a verse came to mind about this.
    Romans 14:19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

You really shouldn't just study The Bible. It'd be great, if you were spiritually strong enough, to study other religions and beliefs. The more you know about a certain person's religion, the better the chance you can convert them. (for the most part, anyways)
    Last edited by Jem; 12th January 2007 at 12:34 PM.
    Latest Song - Simply Love
    You don't just get over someone

Either you're still in love with them, or you never were.

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I don't want to start an argument here, so I'm going to correct you and drop it. (it would be great if you could quote your resources next time)
    Google definition. If you want something with more solid ground though;
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Satanism

You really shouldn't just study The Bible. It'd be great, if you were spiritually strong enough, to study other religions and beliefs. The more you know about a certain person's religion, the better the chance you can convert them. (for the most part, anyways)
    I have. Even got the best grades in my class for Hinduism and Buddhism. The stuff ticked me off so much that it stuck in my mind, hence making me remember it well.

And as you said, people today look at satanism as worshipping the devil. Loads of satantic people THEMSELVES even do. Therefore going by old defintions makes no sense. Yes some people don't follow the loser (though modeling themselves after him is exactly the same), but people do. And that's what you call those that do. In fact as dictionary.com even pointed out, satanism is used to describe things that go against Christian beliefs as a whole. Worshipping yourself as god is clearly satantic.

And since my point has been made, lets just drop this. Not to mention, could you please join if you're going to continue to post? We made that rule about about non-members posting to just ask questions for a reason.
    Last edited by Shigeru-kun; 12th January 2007 at 1:18 PM.

Cartoon Bish; Soundwave

Whatever the definition, I pity whoever is a Satanist. God bless 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Mare Imbrium View Post
    And speaking of which, I have a prayer request. My friend's dog got hit by a car and died a few days ago, and she's pretty sad about it.
    Aww, That's terrible. I'll be praying for your friend.:<

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post

Not to say it's still not wrong, but it's probably not as bad as most of you thought.

Please have an open mind too. You ask for every other religion to not bash Christianity, so don't bash theirs. It's only respectful.
    Well, You do have a point there. I won't bash them.

But I do have to say, It is as bad has most of us think. You're putting yourself before anything and everything. Also, Worshipping yourself? That's just low.

I won't say anymore about it, Since I don't wish to cause fights. God bless those people...

Page 3 of 382 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast