Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: A Shape of Things To Come (483)

A gym battle that isn't the gym leader vs a member of the main cast?! I love all the new stuff that's getting thrown in this saga. When this episode first aired I was really mad at Paul for releasing Azumarill due to the fact that its a final stage evolution pokemon, but now knowing his full team and various reserves of his I am more mad that he didn't use Torterra for the gym battle. Also in this episode we learn that Paul is from Veilstone City, which gets ultimately crammed down our throats when the twerps actually reach Veilstone City.
    Roark's Cranidos certainly knows a variety of moves. And Onix's Stealth Rock attack was a rather large and interesting factor in this gym battle. And the various abilities of both trainers' pokemon was another large and interesting factor.
    Paul had some funny lines in this episode. I laughed when he said "Duh!" to Ash and "Who are you?" to Dawn, I guess Ash is the only twerp Paul considers a threat, or at least worth noticing. This episode was quite the gym battle of chaos and I enjoyed it very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    Too reinstate this....

Zugaidosu is perfectly vunerable too Electric attacks.

I'm also confused about what all the fuss is about.....I mean, Hyouta is an early Gym Leader. I don't get the big deal of him losing. And, he WINS in the next one and gets 2 more episodes.

0.o
    O____O!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Umi Mizuno View Post

Hehe, Zugaidos <3
    Awwwwwww! I just want to hug 'im!

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Yeah, that's typical Izumi Shimura. About as bland and average as it gets. Some of Hyouta's face shots looked really sloppy, also. Case in point:
    http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/94/vlcsnap6230zc9.png

If it's any consolidation, however, next week's episode has a very solid animation director at the wing.
    Cooooool.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post

"Hmm..it appears Hyouta has sent out a Rock Type pokémon. Most Rock Type pokémon can learn ground type moves, and being at level 12, my Hikozaru will more than likely faint with one shake of the screen. Hikozaru's Attack Stats are quite high, however. So perhaps I can KO his Zugaidos in one hit? If not, I'm sure I'll be able to walk over to Hikozaru in the middle of the match and give him a Super Potion. Useless."

Next time on POKETTO MONSUTAA: DAIMOND AND PEARL!!!: Ash decides to level up his Naetle by battling Mukurus in the tall grass. Will Naetle grow to level 17 by the end of the episode?! Will Ash delete one move to make way for Curse?! Will he backtrack to the next town to purchase some more Pokéballs?! Will he discover that Murkrow isn't exclusive to his version?!
    That would be funny to actually see in the anime!

I actually did not expect Paul to win this battle. I thought he was going to lose. Not that Paul deserved to lose. I don't like him but I don't hate the guy.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team (so far)

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:
    (</mega/primal)

Paul strategy is so amazing unlike any other trainer.... It shows he utilizes his pokemon's abilties to the utmost

Poor Chimchar.

My ideal battle ever!

This episode was good. It was cool to finally see a Gym battle by somebody other than Ash. Paul did well in his gym battle. He really showed he doesn't care about the well-being of his Pokemon, letting them get hard hit by Stealth Rock. Not happy that Paul got rid of his Azumarrill after losing to Geodude. His strategy was very good. It was cool to see Cranidos for the 1st time. Cranidos is strong and has strong attacks.

69/100

When I first saw this, I did not expect Paul to send out a stupid looking pokemon like Azumarill. I actually thought this battle made Paul look kind of weak because Azumarill lost against a Geodude and he had to rely on Elekid to win. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Poor Chimchar.
    Chimchar? What about Cranidos? xD

I watched this episode the other day and it is 1 of my favorite episodes. I love how intense the battle between Paul and Roark is. Elekid using brick break through Craniados' flamethrower was epic. I give it a 9/10!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Rewatching this episode, I now realise how great it was. It was such a great and unique way to show off the gym to new viewers, whilst also not having Ash seem dumb like he is in BW. It also showed off some great abilities to new viewers such as Blaze, Static and Rock Head, and explained how they are all activated. It was a good episode for teaching people who are new to pokemon about different abilities and also typing. I'd like to see this again in the future, show off the first gym leader by showing someone else battle them first, and have the gang commentate like Ash, Brock and Dawn did, it shows that Ash understands different strategies too.
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

It sucks how the only Paul Gym Battle we see is the one where he barely wins. But eitherway it was an awesome battle.

Meh, I didn't enjoy this episode. Ash and the others meets gym leader Roark, but unfortunately Paul challeges Roark before Ash. Paul's Azumarill lost, but Elekid got the wins in the gym battle.
    I didn't expect Paul to sent out an Azumaril of all Pokémon ...... It was sad to see Azumaril losing terribly and then getting insults from Paul.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789