Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: A Shape of Things To Come (483)

Quote Originally Posted by ash5550 View Post
    Shinji himself is a guy that I like, his attitude I don't.
    How can you like him and still not liking his attitude? You mean you just don't support his way of thinking... or just dislike his behavior?

You've gotta see her, go insane and out of your mind
    Latina Ave Maria
    A million and one candlelights

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Well to be perfectly fair Jo-Jo, the guy has only shown up for two episodes before this. One of them was his introductory, and the other had more focus on Ash and Naetle's problems as oppossed to Shinji himself.
    Point. And the screen of Hikari getting in the way of Ash and Shinji fighting next ep looks promising as a fun scene, at least. But I think Shinji's had enough screentime by now (he had pretty big roles in all three of his episodes) that we ought to be seeing something different. It feels like the writers are re-debuting him every time he appears, showcasing the same traits that were initially so fresh over and over.

Shinji needs to lose to Makishi in an epic battle of each of them constantly yelling "I AM NOT A STEREOTYPE!" throughout the entire fight.

And judging by #PM's pictures, Hyouta looks kinda PO'd when giving the badge to Shinji.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Shinji needs to lose to Makishi in an epic battle of each of them constantly yelling "I AM NOT A STEREOTYPE!" throughout the entire fight.
    It ends with both of them beating up Ash due to his lack of manliness and being a bigger stereotype than the both of them.

And judging by PM's pictures, Hyouta looks kinda PO'd when giving the badge to Shinji.
    So Hyouta's gonna kill Shinji behind the scenes? And I guess that means Shinji does indeed insult Hyouta at one point.

Murkrow will become the Fire Dragon of Pokemon.

This makes you wonder about the complete difference if Ash didn't leave his AG/BF team at Oak's. *snicker*

Just watched the episode.
    The only thing I didn't like much was, uh... It's just that I'm kinda speechless about Shinji's battle. You know, he won most of the duels using his week-against-opponents Elekid, and... Gaaah, that was kinda out-of-the-blues. But I can live with that, I think. ő.ů
    Overall, the battle was fine to me, actually: I loved how Zugaidos moves! Awwww, such a kawaii thingyyy! <3
    Seriously, it's such a baby I could raise and...
    Sorry. .-.

Uh, back to the episode, another moments I really liked were:

- Hyouta; even though he's lost to Shinji, he's still a nice guy; and I disagree with people that are saying that he's things like the worst of all gym leaders ever, 'cause you all know he's not. Did you forget about Wattson, or even Misty's sisters? (Not to hurt their fans, but...) =P
    - Kurogane City; perfectly designed, fair to the videogames! Awwwwwww, I wanna be there! I could see that mountains being blasted off by a giant Groudon (!), lol! ^-^
    - Team Rocket; nice costumers compared to the last ones. And they didn't act like the mess-Ash&Co's life-with-the-most-stupid-plans-ever team we are used to; they finally got their own screen time doing other things! Yay!
    - Shinji's Azumarill; When I saw it, I was just like "ZOMG :O", I mean it! C'mon, he could have used another water type! My, the writers love to play around, oh yeah they do!
    - The controversious battle; yep, that's good for their public (us, pfff) - you know you loved it deep inside of you!

Good episode, I enjoyed it hella much! And I can't wait, of course, 'till next week: HIKARI's BURNING, SHE'S ON FIRE! Bring on the bubblebeam, Pochama! xD

And that's that, guess it's enough from me today!

- Nozomi
    Last edited by Weav-vile; 12th January 2007 at 3:23 AM.

I wonder if they later show Shinji being mercilessly slaughtered by an elite trainer, such as Lance or the Sinnoh League Champion. (forgot her name)
    I would love to see the horrified look on his face for once after all the smug looks we've seen so far.
    Last edited by Anonymous Trainer; 12th January 2007 at 3:12 AM. Reason: grammar correction

The Rocket's seem too have an ongoing plot which culminates in DP 17. Next episode they are shown a Omanyte being revived.

Shinji rocks, Satoshi sucks
    Shinji beats Satoshi even in his own uber-electric game
    I don´t think Hyouta would be the worsr Gym Leader I mean ... where do you leave Takeshi?

So Shinji won, I must say I'm surprised.

Still though, since Azumarill lost, I still expect it to be released next week---that would explain Hikari's "eruption." But what is with Mukubird and his anime eyes/John Lennon glasses?

DP champion's name is Shirona to answer the earlier question.

And I sure hope the writers do the rest of the cities and Gym Leaders this good.....I kinda can't wait to see Lucha Libre Makishi, or all the fanboying when we get to Suzuna.

EDIT: Maybe Hyota's annoyed because Shinji acted like a dick at some point in their battle? It's kinda hard to tell from just pictures with Shinji.....he always looks like he's acting like a dick.
    Last edited by The Great Butler; 12th January 2007 at 3:55 AM.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Eh...maybe it was the mediocre animation, or the fact that I'm so Goddamn sick of seeing Geodude and Onix at this point, but I thought this battle was pretty crappy up until the part when Zugaidos entered. But then it got really good, particularly Elekid v. Zugaidos. We also got to hear some Movie 7 music for the first time in forever.

What was that attack that Onix used that created the boulders on the battlefield that slammed Elekid and Hikozaru? Rock Tomb?

At this rate, we've already seen Hikozaru have more screen time in the anime than it would have in the series' entirety if Brock would have gotten it instead.

Also, it doesn't seem like Hyouta is really ticked at Shinji, actually. It was merely difficult to accurately depict Hyouta's facial expression from the small screencaps.

I'll assume one of the lesser animation teams did this episode e_e. Yuck.

Anyway, It was cool seeing stealth rock actually hurt the incoming pokes. Also, seeing blaze activate was nice, and I thought it would give Shinji the win. But it didn't, and Elekid took the spotlight. Oh well.

I don't mind that Elekid lasted so long. It's not like Hyouta used any ground type moves on it. Btw, what was that move that Geodude used to repel Hydro Pump? Was it Mud Sport? O_o

Next ep looks promising.

Marry the Night

Every single shot I saw of Shinji in the episode, convinced me more and more that somebody slashed some old guy's face and pasted it on Shinji. O_o

The part where Zugaidos comes in and the battle was really suprising, I actually thought Hikozaru was the one that was going to take out Zugaidos.

Shinji and Hyouta couldn't be anymore different. How nice of the writers to have Hyouta congratulate his pokemon and have Shinji scorn his pokemon for not doing well enough. But Shinji's the average super-jerk so it's no suprise.

..I hate these people who are animating the D/P season, couldn't they have gotten better people? Everything in this episode was "make everyone shrink so they fit the screen and you can actually see their full body but it's all blurred."

Hehe, Zugaidos <3
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vrbtic.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i44.*******.com/11kfvb5.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/15i5fn4.png[/IMG]
    Sometimes it feels like the whole wide world has made itself my enemy
    On hiatus until further notice. May come back once in a while to reply to PMs and approve of threads.

Yeah, that's typical Izumi Shimura. About as bland and average as it gets. Some of Hyouta's face shots looked really sloppy, also. Case in point:
    http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/94/vlcsnap6230zc9.png

If it's any consolidation, however, next week's episode has a very solid animation director at the wing.

If it's any consolidation, however, next week's episode has a very solid animation director at the wing.
    I'll be thankful for that. It's about time we've had a better animator. D:

Hyouta with fangs. :E Rawr.

And I don't get why everyone is saying if Hyouta was ticked at Shinji, he wasn't, it was just that part where Hyouta had fangs and all but I guess that was because the battle was really tense.

The entire episode I don't recall seeing Hikari with that volcano erupting in the background like I saw in the episode preview last week:
    Last edited by Umi Mizuno; 12th January 2007 at 7:07 AM.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vrbtic.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i44.*******.com/11kfvb5.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/15i5fn4.png[/IMG]
    Sometimes it feels like the whole wide world has made itself my enemy
    On hiatus until further notice. May come back once in a while to reply to PMs and approve of threads.

Because that Hikari scene is in the next episode where she breaks up a fight between Ash and Shinji I hear. Since Pokemon was going on that 3 week break I think they included a small preview for the next episode since it had Naetoru, Aipom and Pikachu doing stuff.

I haven't watched it yet...so....I'll watch it later I was just pointing some out about the volcano eurption Hikari thing.

I watched the episode last night. Like I said in the speculation thread, it wasnt as good as I hoped it would be, but it was pretty good.
    I love Hyouta, he was all nice and hawt, but he wasnt as great a gym leader as I hoped he would be. The animation was pretty bland, as pointed out by people.
    All in all, a good episode, but it could have been better.

I just can't believe another pokémon has to glow white to use some attack.

Here's hoping we get to see something new soon.

This is the second time it's been stated that Shinji's Elekid has exceptional power (the first being way back in episode 3). They're either trying to hint that Shinji and Elekid have been together for a long time or that this Elekid is a special pokemon, not unlike how Pikachu used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythic Mist View Post
    Btw, what was that move that Geodude used to repel Hydro Pump? Was it Mud Sport? O_o
    That was Hidden Power.

Also, just to clarify, the only attack that Elekid used was Brick Break, not Thunderpunch, which was reported in another thread.
    Last edited by Magical Needle Smash; 12th January 2007 at 9:46 AM.

Hyouta seemed mad to me, but since Shinji won fair and square it wouldn't be proper too yell at him. But it was much different then what happens when Ash wins and the G: congratulates him and is all "OMG, GREAT!".

I don't know why you're all complaining Shinji won. Its really early on in the series, Shinji cant resolve his character by losing so soon. At which point he'll instantly be Ash's new best friend.

I watched the episode. Nice only haha... omg...haha.... little Geodude beat Azumarill lol haha.... in the game Geodude has ZERO chances against water-type pokemon. I don't know if I understood right but Azumarill used Hydro Pump. Yes, Hydro Pump would beat Geodude without problems so I don't understand why it didn't work in the anime. That small Elekid must be on the highest level from them all because it beat the dinosaur and didn't faint. Hikozaru knows Dig... interesting, but if I was Shinji I wouldn't teach Hikozaru dig. Oh well... Anyway, in the game Shinji would win without troubles with Azumarill, but the show is much muuuuuuuch different.
    Shinji had a nice battle so his fangirls (the real ones) will get orgasm if they see him so tough and cool lol

Quote Originally Posted by Little Caterpie View Post
    I watched the episode. Nice only haha... omg...haha.... little Geodude beat Azumarill lol haha.... in the game Geodude has ZERO chances against water-type pokemon. I don't know if I understood right but Azumarill used Hydro Pump. Yes, Hydro Pump would beat Geodude without problems so I don't understand why it didn't work in the anime. That small Elekid must be on the highest level from them all because it beat the dinosaur and didn't faint. Hikozaru knows Dig... interesting, but if I was Shinji I wouldn't teach Hikozaru dig. Oh well... Anyway, in the game Shinji would win without troubles with Azumarill, but the show is much muuuuuuuch different.
    Shinji had a nice battle so his fangirls (the real ones) will get orgasm if they see him so tough and cool lol
    Anyone else laugh at that post?

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

Quote Originally Posted by JONNO.FRESH View Post
    Anyone else laugh at that post?
    What do you want? Explain, please because I'm tired of thinking lol

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast