Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: A Shape of Things To Come (483)

Boring episode. I didn't like the battles and how a water type lost VS a rock type and Elekid won. And now other two episodes about the same gym, I don't think I'll even watch them.

ˇTiptug, the generic bug!HERE

Quote Originally Posted by JONNO.FRESH View Post
    Anyone else laugh at that post?
    I did. Anime =/= Games.

I don't know why people are actually complaining about Elekid and Geodude winning with type disadvantages. Type disadvantages in the anime aren't as important in the game. Anyone who has seen School of Hard Knocks agrees.

And BYW, if you do take the games in consideration, Azumarill's Hydro pump is crap, although itr would defeat a Geodude.

Quote Originally Posted by UU King View Post
    I did. Anime =/= Games.

I don't know why people are actually complaining about Elekid and Geodude winning with type disadvantages. Type disadvantages in the anime aren't as important in the game. Anyone who has seen School of Hard Knocks agrees.

And BYW, if you do take the games in consideration, Azumarill's Hydro pump is crap, although itr would defeat a Geodude.
    OMG! Little Caterpie's post is so funny...hahahahahaha.... omg....hahaha... she is thinking about games... hahahaHAHAHA!

Ehem...umm... honestly, no. I love the games and I laugh when I see how Geodude (ground/rock) beats Azumarill (water) who uses Hydro Pump. I'm not saying that anime is stupid or bad, but it should follow the games (a little).IMO. Writers don't care about levels- ooooookay, if they really don't want... but they should care about types. Even if Azumarill's Hydro Pump is crap, it should beat Geodude without troubles. It should kick Onix too.

In "School of Hard Knocks" they say about levels and about types. Graveler beat Starmie. I remember. Probably that Graveler had much higher level than Starmie- maybe 30 or even 40. But like Brock said "Rock-type pokemon will never beat water-type". But it isn't important in the show anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Caterpie View Post
    I watched the episode. Nice only haha... omg...haha.... little Geodude beat Azumarill lol haha.... in the game Geodude has ZERO chances against water-type pokemon. I don't know if I understood right but Azumarill used Hydro Pump. Yes, Hydro Pump would beat Geodude without problems so I don't understand why it didn't work in the anime.
    The anime has the added realism of being able to block one attack with another. The Hydro Pump failed because it never touched Geodude.

Not to mention even in the games a Geodude could beat at Azumarill if the low-accuracy Hydro Pump kept missing.

So... Hidden Power huh? Here I was hoping it was Ancientpower so we could finally see what that move looks like.

What I really want to know is what move was Onix using when it glowed all golden like that?

And Stealth Rock was quite coolly adapted to the anime. Reminiscant Headbutt looked nice to as it at least had a psychic like glow to it.
    The defender of all things Pokemon! I shall defend Pokemon from all who speak against it! AKA Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan View Post
    The anime has the added realism of being able to block one attack with another. The Hydro Pump failed because it never touched Geodude.

Not to mention even in the games a Geodude could beat at Azumarill if the low-accuracy Hydro Pump kept missing.
    I'm really scared of realism =X How Geodude could block Hydro Pump? The water should kill it. Azumarill is an evolved pokemon, Shinji probably trained it a lot. Little Geodude has zero chances against evolved water-type pokemon who uses Hydro Pump. I know because I kicked Geodudes and Onixes in my game milion times. Even as weak attack as Bubble/Water Gun can hurt Geodude a lot, that why I'm shocked because in the anime Geodude blocked Hydro Pump and beat Azumarill. I don't care if Azumarill is strong or not. It shouldn't be kicked by Geodude.

I don't know if anyone noticed but Shinji seemingly refused to accept the gym leader's badge even though he defeated him.

Geodude used a projectile attack to mow through the Hydro Pump, so the technique didn't even make contact with the rock type pokémon. I'm failing to see the problem with this, especially since Hydro Pump is nothing more than a jet of water. Why couldn't a mass of energy orbs, fired off by a pokémon under the command of an Gym Leader, rip through such an attack?

As for Shinji 'training' that Azumarril, I sincerly doubt it. I'd be more inclined to believe he went around capturing random water pokémon and just stuck with the one that had the strongest technique. I'm sure he doesn't take anything like actual battle experience into account. Azumarril getting KO'd easily was just an obvious attempt at showing Shinji's personallity flaws, imo, and when push comes to shove, that'll probably result in his eventual downfall.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy Boy View Post
    I don't know if anyone noticed but Shinji seemingly refused to accept the gym leader's badge even though he defeated him.
    Uhh, no he didn't. Hyouta offered him the badge, Shinji took it, replyed with a very flat sounding 'Arigato' and went on his merry way before being stopped by Ash.
    Last edited by Gravy; 12th January 2007 at 4:31 PM.

I have nor seen the episode yet. Only seen the ScreenShot. But from what i can see how dose Sleath Rockl Hurt the Pokemon? I mean they on;ly hurt when the foe is switched like spikes. Yet this rock like sticks where large like gravestones and spread far apart! There4 i don't get how they work?
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

S.Suikun is right. I hope this doesn't become a reccuring theme where Shinji constantly gets ahead of Ash until Ash finally stomps on him. It's kinda like with May and Drew, but it's different 'cause Drew had more experience than May, while Shinji's just a beginner.

Somehow, I got the impression he was gonna win. Just glad that he didn't win using Azumarill alone. The anime makes it plain to see that Type advantage doesn't always win out in some cases.

Bryon
    "Looks like you're about to get pwned."

I don't care about EVs. If you don't either, copy and paste this into your sig. (Started by Shiny Metagross)

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    Hyouta seemed mad to me, but since Shinji won fair and square it wouldn't be proper too yell at him. But it was much different then what happens when Ash wins and the G: congratulates him and is all "OMG, GREAT!".
    Hyouta didn't have any reason to yell at Shinji, where is everyone getting this idea that Hyouta was p*ssed at Shinji?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torkoal Stu View Post
    Because that Hikari scene is in the next episode where she breaks up a fight between Ash and Shinji I hear. Since Pokemon was going on that 3 week break I think they included a small preview for the next episode since it had Naetoru, Aipom and Pikachu doing stuff.
    It's strange to put a clip from next week's episode with a preview from this weeks episode together. O_o
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vrbtic.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i44.*******.com/11kfvb5.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/15i5fn4.png[/IMG]
    Sometimes it feels like the whole wide world has made itself my enemy
    On hiatus until further notice. May come back once in a while to reply to PMs and approve of threads.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaBulba View Post
    I have nor seen the episode yet. Only seen the ScreenShot. But from what i can see how dose Sleath Rockl Hurt the Pokemon? I mean they on;ly hurt when the foe is switched like spikes. Yet this rock like sticks where large like gravestones and spread far apart! There4 i don't get how they work?
    They just stopped Elekid from moving around.

Besides for this episode, Shinji's doing pretty well for himself. Just to think that he was supposed to be a beginner. Not in my book he's not. I was hoping that Ash could catch up faster to his pace but that's rivalry for ya. But I was even more interested on why were they making full episodes with Shinji in them. He's constantly showing up more than 12 episodes in a row and I was wondering if Shinji should have just been apart of the main cast and stop this running around. But I guess not. Producers suck.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonmon View Post
    They just stopped Elekid from moving around.
    No they didn't :/
    The rocks are planted into the ground, and whenever a new pokémon is sent into battle, the rocks levitate, glow and crash into the opponent.

Okay, like some people have already told, and I will tell it again, HYOUTA WAS NOT MAD AT SHINJI AT ALL.
    I just finished watching the thing, and never I saw him mad, or heard him yelling, or just showing anger towards the young opponent.

I can see people hating Shinji because of his temper, but why putting in other character's mouths words they NEVER told?
    That's what p***es me off of certain people.

Anyway, except for the sloppy animation, and the over shown 'dude and Onyx, I saw nothing terrible in this episode. Hyouta loves his fossils and this is automatic win. Zugaidos looked cool and I absolutely have no problems in seeing disadvantaged types winning. Hydro Pump often misses even in the GAMES, and probably Hyouta's Geodude had a higher level than the (I suppose) poorly trained Azumarill of Shinji. Also, if the one Elekid was using was REALLY Brick Break, I see no reason of complaining (Super Effective against Rock anyone?).

You've gotta see her, go insane and out of your mind
    Latina Ave Maria
    A million and one candlelights

Quote Originally Posted by Irene View Post
    I absolutely have no problems in seeing disadvantaged types winning. Hydro Pump often misses even in the GAMES, and probably Hyouta's Geodude had a higher level than the (I suppose) poorly trained Azumarill of Shinji.
    You should know that even water-type pokemon with lowest level has much bigger chances for winning against Geodude. Your water pokemon can be on level 5 or 6, and Geodude may have level 10- if the first one uses as strong attack as Hydro Pump, Geodude will lose. Hydro Pump misses sometimes, that's true, but Azumarill's attack didn't miss. Geodude blocked it =/

Gosssh!
    I can't understand why on this earth so many people continuously complain about every single DP episode. So far, all of them have been pretty cool; the only thing I think it's wrong is the animation, but it's not the worst of all anime I've seen in my life, hell no! Even though it's not excellent, it's still good for me.
    There're some people here that always say that the episode in question bored them, remarking that they're not gonna see the next one. But guess what? The new episode comes and here they are again, complaining like mindless children. C'mon!
    What's the problem with Shinji winning another battle? And I see no problem with Elekid winning and Azumarill losing either... Hey now, it's the anime! You all know it's different from the games, thanks God! You gotta agree it needs a shine for itself, huh?
    Get real, stop acting like idiots or just stop watching the anime, seriously. :S

- Nozomi

Geodude blocked it =/
    And as I pointed out on the page before this one, it used a projectile attack on the Hydro Pump. I don't understand what the problem is. It's not like the thing screamed "RAWR! I AM GEODUDE!" and swated the attack away.

You should know that even water-type pokemon with lowest level has much bigger chances for winning against Geodude. Your water pokemon can be on level 5 or 6, and Geodude may have level 10- if the first one uses as strong attack as Hydro Pump, Geodude will lose. Hydro Pump misses sometimes, that's true, but Azumarill's attack didn't miss. Geodude blocked it =/
    O RLY? I seriously didn't know that.

Bah, Gravy has already explained why Geodude was able to win.

After all, this is the anime where a Pikachu can take down a Regice with a Volt Tackle Attack.
    Who can say that Hyouta's Geodude is not just as uber as Ash's rat? o.o

You've gotta see her, go insane and out of your mind
    Latina Ave Maria
    A million and one candlelights

Quote Originally Posted by Weav-vile View Post
    What's the problem with Shinji winning another battle? And I see no problem with Elekid winning and Azumarill losing either... Hey now, it's the anime! You all know it's different from the games, thanks God!You gotta agree it needs a shine for itself, huh?
    Why are you happy with this fact? I think, its a big minus of anime. It doesn't follow levels, doesn't follow pokemon-types. I don't know what is so great about it.

I liked the three small battles that Shinji had with the gym leader and that lastt one was really good.
    Last edited by Darkness Angel; 13th January 2007 at 3:53 PM.

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

Why are you happy with this fact? I think, its a big minus of anime. It doesn't follow levels, doesn't follow pokemon-types. I don't know what is so great about it.
    Of course it does follow these aspects you mentioned; it just doesn't need to show every one of them. You know, everything can happen... Even in the game.
    However, I still like the anime the way it is. And you got to agree with me when I say that Shinji X Hyouta was a tense battle! =P
    I simply loved it, and I loved how a guest character got so much screen time too.

- Nozomi

The more I see Shinji in action, the more I like him AND his personality. He is easily the definition of your typical competitive battler. I hope Ash at least learns SOMETHING about strategy from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
    And as I pointed out on the page before this one, it used a projectile attack on the Hydro Pump. I don't understand what the problem is. It's not like the thing screamed "RAWR! I AM GEODUDE!" and swated the attack away.
    You have to admit that it'd be really funny, though

Because realistically, levels would not make a lick of sense outside an RPG.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Giant health bars should levitate above the Pokemon's heads!

I'm so glad Azumarill didnt do much in the battle. I dont like it at all....

For me, it's always a nice thing to see the "classic" rock Pokemon on the show. They are very cool and dont bother me at all.
    Zugaidosu was as cool as I expected it to be. But I dont like the fact it used Flamethrower(though I do like fire attacks in general)...it gives it a dragon-like touch, which is a bit cheap IMO.

Pokemon Y Friend Code 4356-0012-3407
    Poison Safari: Toxicroak, Ariados, Cascoon

Currently looking for a US shiny Gengar code!
    I have a EU shiny Gengar code to trade in return!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast