Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Easy Trivia:Who is Red's dad?

Default Easy Trivia:Who is Red's dad?

One of my more complicated games for me to run.

I ask the thread a question, usually an easy one that if you didn't know the answer, you never played Pokemon before. I don't want the real answer though. Give me a funny,witty, sarcastic answer! I will be the judge of the top 3 most funniest answers, the 1st place winner will get 3 points, 2nd will get 2 points, and 3rd will get 1 point. After that, I ask a new one. You may say it's like ask a question but get a stupid answer but people often give answers that have nothing to do with the questions in that thread. I want you to directly answer the question (Just with an answer like how I explained above.)
    This thread will be updated by me every Wednesday.

All the SPPF rules apply here, breaking them will result in 10 points lost (Yes that many! All the more reason not to break the rules.).
    Only give one answer, you can use the edit button if you change your mind.

SCORES
    octoboy - 6
    Chibi_Muffin - 6
    Klizcool - 6
    fango pango - 5
    The Imposter - 3
    Pink Harzard - 3
    Monster Guy - 3
    Ib4 - 2
    Shiny Swalot - 2
    {(•)___(•)} - 2
    HeroicRein - 1
    dirkac - 1
    plus side down side - 1
    Amyrandomname - 1
    Let's get this started!

Question #1:How do you catch a Pokemon?
    Last edited by Lluc; 21st November 2013 at 12:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viki
    Ummm..........Teleportation?
    It's okay to be a bit modest but don't bash yourself. If you really think you suck why try to do anything?

Simple.

You go over to the Pokémon, and introduce it to SPPF.

Life captured forever.

Simple

First you will need supplies: Net, Chloroform covered rag, Adele CD, a hammer! and a Land Rover.

Step 1: You wait for the Pokémon to fall asleep, if it doesn't fall asleep use a chloroform covered rag and if that fails play some Adele. (Caution! Playing Adele's music could make you fall asleep and therefore fail at catching the Pokémon).

Step 2: If the Pokémon has Vital Spirit or Insomnia and starts to attack get your hammer out and yell in a voice like Jeremy Clarkson's "Everything can be fixed with a hammer!" this will make the aggressive Pokémon faint from sheer fear for it's life.

Step 3: Now that the Pokémon is either asleep or unconscious start to do a hula dance while walking around it's body to make it faint if it wakes up from seeing you dancing like a weirdo. You now have to grab your net and chuck it over the Pokémon, after you chuck the net on the Pokémon you must drag the Pokémon to the Land Rover and throw it on the bonnet.

You've successfully captured a Pokémon! You cruel human being, why did you have to do it like that?
    Last edited by SilverChiko; 30th September 2013 at 1:23 PM.

"What does it mean when you promise someone?
    That no matter how hard or whatever may come?
    It means that I won't give in
    Won't give in, won't give in
    'Cause everyone I love is here
    Play it once, disappear"

well, to be honest, you just have to wait till it comes to you and then you must put your coat over t and keep it that way forever
    Proud Owner Of The Unofficial Swalot Club.
    Current Members: 3 ((Sent me a VM if you want to join))
    Currently Looking For: Banners, Members, Someone who thinks he can manage to put up a threat

made by ~Thunderwest and meganinja123456 respectively
    I have claimed Swalot! Ask the Shiny Swalot It needs questions! I have claimed Swalot!
    Viewing all pokemon anime episodes ((main episodes)). Last episode watched: 035 ((Banned Episode)) : The Legend of Dratini

Well it's simple really. You prop up a cardboard box with a stick tied to string, and when the Pokemon wanders underneath the box, pull the string, which will allow the box to fall over the Pokemon. Be sure to jump on top of the box so as to assure that the Pokemon cannot esacape. Then, vent copious amounts of Carbon Dioxide into the box. That should calm the Pokemon down enough to move it around. Congratulations! You just caught a Pokemon!

It really is not that hard. All you need is a method of breaking bones, a shovel, a calendar, a rusty dagger, some mustard, and the magical hammer from Wreck-It Ralph. First break all the bones in the Pokemon's body. Next, dig a hole exactly 5.17x10^3 millimeters deep and 35.17354 inches in circumference. Drag the body into the hole so that the head faces in the northwest direction. Wait three Sundays, and then on the next day, plunge a dagger into the now-broken cochlea of the Pokemon. Remove the dagger, and fix it with the hammer. The dagger should no longer be rusty. Write the number 23 on the calendar's box for Oct. 18 in mustard. Throw the calendar into the hole and wait until August 8. Use your chosen bone-breaking method to break your femur, then fix it with the hammer. Then use the hammer to repair the Pokemon's bones, and cover it up with the remaining mustard. And that is how you catch a Pokemon. Do note that this only works on Krabby; there is a different method for every Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    That's because you have to use a Love Ball, and a Respect Ball. Just trying to force yourself into their life by throwing balls in their face doesn't work.
    how to get girls in the pokemon world

One must locate on an internet sales site such as Ebay or Amazon the following items:
    - At least 200 bottles of SPF 50 sunscreen
    - One's own incus (Hint: It's in your ear)
    - A mortar & pestle
    - 38 bottles of Dos Equis
    - A Mickey Mouse Hat
    - A Burmese Python
    - 64.5 Tanzanian Pygmy Opossums
    - Chalk
    - A sidewalk
    - A sibling or friend
    - A lock of the Pokemon's hair/scale/feather/piece of skin (this will only work on vertebrate Pokemon)
    - A zuchinni

First one must down all 38 bottles of Dos Equis to become akin to the "Most Interesting Man In The World." Next apply SPF 50 sunscreen to body as you will be out in the hot sun for an extended period of time. Don your Mickey Mouse hat and draw a 984-square hopscotch game on a sidewalk (airplane runways are also useable though inadvisable due to safety concerns). One must then remove one's incus by the light of a full moon and grind it and the Pokemon sample into a fine powder using the mortar & pestle. You must then spread the powder over the heads of the pygmy opossums and feed them to the Burmese python at a rate of one opossum per hour for 64.5 hours. You must then play hopscotch with your friend. If you should win the game within 48 hours, you must sacrifice the snake and your friend/sibling by drowning them in a vat of boiling SPF 50 sunscreen. Finally you may approach the Pokemon you desire and entice it with the zucchini. It will be irresistibly attracted to the zucchini regardless of its usual diet and will instantly join you.
    My current special teams-
    Firered: Monotype Grass team- Bulbasaur; 1 badge
    Ruby: Monotype Ground Team- Marshtomp, Nincada; 1 badge
    PS replays that amuse me-
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ge...ubles-69547279 (Dragon team self-destructs)
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-79467255 (Sableye wrecks Mewtwo, Giratina, and Arceus)
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-88370884 (Shaymin-Sky almost haxes a win)

I will launch a squirrel into it and scoop it up while its stunned.

Get under it, and position your glove so that the Pokemon is caught in the part between the thumb and the rest of the hand.

Credit to cloneydew2000 for the sprites.

Throw your balls at it. Pokemon love balls.
    About to do an X Scramble Challenge!!!
    Let me know if you would like to trade or battle!
    3DS Friend Code: 1779-0043-7163
    Name on 3DS: BT

Third place!
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroicRein View Post
    Simple

First you will need supplies: Net, Chloroform covered rag, Adele CD, a hammer! and a Land Rover.

Step 1: You wait for the Pokémon to fall asleep, if it doesn't fall asleep use a chloroform covered rag and if that fails play some Adele. (Caution! Playing Adele's music could make you fall asleep and therefore fail at catching the Pokémon).

Step 2: If the Pokémon has Vital Spirit or Insomnia and starts to attack get your hammer out and yell in a voice like Jeremy Clarkson's "Everything can be fixed with a hammer!" this will make the aggressive Pokémon faint from sheer fear for it's life.

Step 3: Now that the Pokémon is either asleep or unconscious start to do a hula dance while walking around it's body to make it faint if it wakes up from seeing you dancing like a weirdo. You now have to grab your net and chuck it over the Pokémon, after you chuck the net on the Pokémon you must drag the Pokémon to the Land Rover and throw it on the bonnet.

You've successfully captured a Pokémon! You cruel human being, why did you have to do it like that?
    Because you told me to do it like that
    1 point for HeroicRein

2nd Place!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ib4 View Post
    One must locate on an internet sales site such as Ebay or Amazon the following items:
    - At least 200 bottles of SPF 50 sunscreen
    - One's own incus (Hint: It's in your ear)
    - A mortar & pestle
    - 38 bottles of Dos Equis
    - A Mickey Mouse Hat
    - A Burmese Python
    - 64.5 Tanzanian Pygmy Opossums
    - Chalk
    - A sidewalk
    - A sibling or friend
    - A lock of the Pokemon's hair/scale/feather/piece of skin (this will only work on vertebrate Pokemon)
    - A zuchinni

First one must down all 38 bottles of Dos Equis to become akin to the "Most Interesting Man In The World." Next apply SPF 50 sunscreen to body as you will be out in the hot sun for an extended period of time. Don your Mickey Mouse hat and draw a 984-square hopscotch game on a sidewalk (airplane runways are also useable though inadvisable due to safety concerns). One must then remove one's incus by the light of a full moon and grind it and the Pokemon sample into a fine powder using the mortar & pestle. You must then spread the powder over the heads of the pygmy opossums and feed them to the Burmese python at a rate of one opossum per hour for 64.5 hours. You must then play hopscotch with your friend. If you should win the game within 48 hours, you must sacrifice the snake and your friend/sibling by drowning them in a vat of boiling SPF 50 sunscreen. Finally you may approach the Pokemon you desire and entice it with the zucchini. It will be irresistibly attracted to the zucchini regardless of its usual diet and will instantly join you.
    This is a much better use for my zucchini!
    2 points for Ib4

1st place
    Quote Originally Posted by Klizcool View Post
    Well it's simple really. You prop up a cardboard box with a stick tied to string, and when the Pokemon wanders underneath the box, pull the string, which will allow the box to fall over the Pokemon. Be sure to jump on top of the box so as to assure that the Pokemon cannot esacape. Then, vent copious amounts of Carbon Dioxide into the box. That should calm the Pokemon down enough to move it around. Congratulations! You just caught a Pokemon!
    That is the oldest trick in the book!... but who cares, I get a Pokemon!
    3 points for Klizcool

Of course that's not to say I disliked the other ones, I liked them too but only three of them can be chosen. I had a hard time deciding actually, heh.

Here's the next question!
    What happens when a Pokemon uses Tackle?
    It's okay to be a bit modest but don't bash yourself. If you really think you suck why try to do anything?

What happens when a Pokemon uses tackle huh?

The Pokemon hops on its Harley Davidson Motorcycle, and rides it on a ramp that launches it at the target with a fiery explosion in the background.

What happens when a Pokémon uses Tackle?

... It misses, and then gets OHKO'd by a Critical Hit.

What happens when a Pokemon uses Tackle?

First, the Pokemon builds up potential energy in its legs. After approximately 0.78164 seconds of charging, the energy is converted into kinetic energy as the Pokemon launches itself at the opponent. Obviously, this is flawed, as the attack would fail 5% of the time. But now, Fifth Generation Inc. engineers have cut the charge time to 0.31415926358979 seconds, allowing it to always hit and propel the Pokemon with greater force, thus intensifying the power of the Tackle.

That's because you have to use a Love Ball, and a Respect Ball. Just trying to force yourself into their life by throwing balls in their face doesn't work.

They join with other pokemon to unite as a team. The goal is to take the defending pokemon's balls away. Pokemon really love balls.
    About to do an X Scramble Challenge!!!
    Let me know if you would like to trade or battle!
    3DS Friend Code: 1779-0043-7163
    Name on 3DS: BT

What happens when a Pokémon uses Tackle? It's sad:

When a Pokémon uses Tackle... it runs at it's opponent at full speed and right before it reaches it's opponent it trips over itself, goes rolling into the side of a trash compactor and has to be sent to Hospital with all of it's bones broken.

The good news though is the other trainer will cry and give you the win due to what happened as they can't take it. Oh, they also give you 8976 Poké as the prize money and as compensation.

At least you won the battle, eh?

Play it once, disappear"

When a Pokemon uses Tackle, it spontaneously becomes a rugby player and the usage of the move is actually just a mini game of rugby between the two Pokemon. The name comes from the fact that rugby involves tackling the opponent.

If it misses, it's because the Pokemon end up playing tennis instead.

Who cares about cookies? Come to the Light Side, we have CUPCAKES!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Code: 7100-3458-5872

well, you all got it totally wrong. when a pokemon uses tackle, it will turn into a dog and bark the enemies away with a cute noise...
    Currently Looking For: Banners, Members, Someone who thinks he can manage to put up a threat

I have claimed Swalot! Ask the Shiny Swalot It needs questions! I have claimed Swalot!
    Viewing all pokemon anime episodes ((main episodes)). Last episode watched: 035 ((Banned Episode)) : The Legend of Dratini

Allow me to tell you what tackle does. In song.

Tackle is a tough attack
    So run from it and don't look back
    For if you find a Rattata there
    You will be in for a tacklin' scare.

THAT'S what happens when a Pokemon uses tackle.

Amor
    Cтрасть
    信念
    Ręves

Third Place
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    What happens when a Pokémon uses Tackle?

... It misses, and then gets OHKO'd by a Critical Hit.
    What a waste...
    1 point for dirkac

2nd Place
    Quote Originally Posted by Klizcool View Post
    What happens when a Pokemon uses tackle huh?

The Pokemon hops on its Harley Davidson Motorcycle, and rides it on a ramp that launches it at the target with a fiery explosion in the background.
    Motorcycles FTW
    2 points for Klizcool

1st Place!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chibi_Muffin View Post
    When a Pokemon uses Tackle, it spontaneously becomes a rugby player and the usage of the move is actually just a mini game of rugby between the two Pokemon. The name comes from the fact that rugby involves tackling the opponent.

If it misses, it's because the Pokemon end up playing tennis instead.
    Let's hope Pokemon's power in this move don't reflect on the trainer's sports skills. I would not get past the first opponent if they did.
    3 points for Chibi_Muffin

It's time for question tres, are you ready?
    What are the 18 known types?

The 18 known types are stereotype, monotype, archetype, typeface, typewriter, not my type, totally my type, totally NOT my type, hard to type, how to type, bad type matchup, good type matchup, type of food, light type, sound type, physic type (gets moves like gravity and attract), plant type, and fairy type,
    Last edited by The Imposter; 10th October 2013 at 2:04 AM.

Woo I got a point.

18 Types?

There really are only two Types.

People who hate Fairy Type, and people who like Fairy Type.

the 18 known types is actually a spelling mistake. It should say 1.8 known types, because there is only me, and you havent been confermed so I am the awesome 1 type, and you are the 0.8 incomplete type. Oh, almost forgot, everyone of 0.8 has a higher chance of dying then me

What are the 18 types? This is a common mistake there is not 18 types, there are only 5 and they are: Data, Vaccine, Virus, Free and Variable.

Play it once, disappear"

There were actually over 40 different types. Then the fire nation attacked

Amor
    Cтрасть
    信念
    Ręves

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast