Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: A Gruff Act To Follow (484)

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Uh...no. The episodes between Tate/Liza and Juan were great,
    You're saying "Golden pikachu/Swellow-that-was-pulled-out-of-the-writer's-ass" was a brillent and great idea???

i knew Shinji was going to give Azumarill away after that tragic loss in the gym. Looks like he also released or gave away Ursarang.

Ash's Pokemon choice in this battle was pathetic. Why didn't he use Naetle at the start?

Haha, Mukubird was hilarious in this episode. It must have forgotten it's weakness to rock types after Aipom smacked into it's head.

Can't believe Pikachu lost to an ONIX. It's like Deja Vu from when he first fought Brock.

84% of the Serebii.net population thinks the DS is better than the PSP. If you ARE one of that 84% then copy & paste this in your signature. DS IS the Greatest

All those episodes that took place on Izabe Island were wonderful and actually had continuity.

I have to agree here. Those were probably the best episodes of the AG series (Adan's being the best).

So Mukkubird actually beat its head against the pillar when Ash didn't choose it to battle? That's pretty funny. I'm starting to like this Pokemon.

After looking at the pics, this battle was completely stupid. I'm interested to see what deus ex they pull for the real battle considering Hyota's Zugaidosu evolves next week.

There didn't seem to be enough time devoted to the battle. If anything, I'd've rather the battle get interrupted by Team Rocket (ala Clair in Johto) and continued after next week's episode.
    Last edited by jolteonjak; 20th January 2007 at 4:14 AM. Reason: made it sound better
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Was the white-gray aura attack of Onix's Double Edge?

I still consider Hoenn my favorite region (complain all you want, but I do ) but DP may eventually overthrow that if the episode impress me as much as they have been (I'm easily impressed though).

After watching this episode in action, the pictures don't do it justice.

* Zugaidosu was awesome looking in this episode. Even know it lost, it did it in a cool way.
    * Naetle won a battle!
    * Aipom lost...but it had some NEAT looking attacks. It's so fun to watch battle.
    * Pikachu, I must say, was even somewhat exciting now.
    * Onix RULED. Seriously, I love that it beat Pikachu (revenge!). And that Screech was coming from a giant rock snake, so I could see how it hurt.
    *The music that played when Pikachu flew back into the rock was awesome.
    *This episode was great to look at.

If Ash does have another 3 on 3 with Hyouta, do you think they'll make it more interesting by at least evolving Geodude into Graveler?

I don't think I really want to see those two again...even if Geodude wasn't in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan View Post
    Sadly, next episode seems to have rather ugly art, but at least that raises the chance of the rematch episode having better art. Rampard deserves to at least be drawn decently.
    Not gonna happen. Izumi Shimura is boarding the rematch.
    If Ash does have another 3 on 3 with Hyouta, do you think they'll make it more interesting by at least evolving Geodude into Graveler?

I don't think I really want to see those two again...even if Geodude wasn't in this one.
    Two of Hyouta's Pokemon evolving would kinda be overkill. Bring a Rhyhorn out, I say.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

I still wonder if Ash will go with Mukkubird for the rematch? His freak-out makes me think it could happen.

I hope it's Naetle, Mukkubird, and Aipom in the rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by Weavile_Striker View Post
    i knew Shinji was going to give Azumarill away after that tragic loss in the gym. Looks like he also released or gave away Ursarang.
    Was this confirmed?

You're a Snover. I'm a Fire-Type. This amuses me.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    I still consider Hoenn my favorite region (complain all you want, but I do ) but DP may eventually overthrow that if the episode impress me as much as they have been (I'm easily impressed though).

After watching this episode in action, the pictures don't do it justice.

* Zugaidosu was awesome looking in this episode. Even know it lost, it did it in a cool way.
    * Naetle won a battle!
    * Aipom lost...but it had some NEAT looking attacks. It's so fun to watch battle.
    * Pikachu, I must say, was even somewhat exciting now.
    * Onix RULED. Seriously, I love that it beat Pikachu (revenge!). And that Screech was coming from a giant rock snake, so I could see how it hurt.
    *This episode was great to look at.
    I agree with that, you are easily impressed. Saying that an episode is good for things such as the music played when Pikachu flew confirms that.

I think I have a funny day today, your post amde me laugh a lot too.

Anywa, I looked at the pics and i didn't fond the animation that great. Zugaidos looked better in the previews one. The hole 'Hikari Volcano' thing was unnecesary.

Please don't continue with the offtopic of Hoenn and everything (although it's fun to read that AG was brilliant and original).

ˇTiptug, the generic bug!HERE

I agree with that, you are easily impressed. Saying that an episode is good for things such as the music played when Pikachu flew confirms that.
    Just like saying you don't like a Pokemon because "it looks like a Hispanic McDonald's worker" or "I'll hate the writers FOREVER if they give Hikari a Patchirisu!".

Honestly, it's fine if you don't care for episodes, but you don't have to come into the thread and berate people for their opinions. Your the one who seems to have a problem respecting them.

And I liked Hoenn better then Kanto. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro Kinético View Post
    Anywa, I looked at the pics and i didn't fond the animation that great. Zugaidos looked better in the previews one. The hole 'Hikari Volcano' thing was unnecesary.
    Considering how Masaaki Iwane is the best animation director currently on board, I'd like to know what you think good animation in this series is.

Also, what was so "unnecesary" about the whole Hikari volcano thing?

It was a small, two second scene showing her getting mad. Does every episode have to be filled with 22 minutes of stuff that is SUPER important to the plot? Can't we have a funny character reaction?

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro Kinético View Post
    Decent music, high quality animation and tense situations are what make battles entertaining to watch. That's the sort of thing that should take priority in an episode like this.
    But of course, you're the expert on how to choreograph a decent fight scene, so I really shouldn't be arguing about that!

Anywa, I looked at the pics and i didn't fond the animation that great.
    HEY, LETS LOOK AT SOME STATIC PICTURES TO JUDGE HOW FLUID AND CONSISTENT THE MOVEMENT OF THE CHARACTERS IS!

The hole 'Hikari Volcano' thing was unnecesary.
    Who the hell cares? It was just a fun bit of wacky visual humour. What, would you have prefered it if she just stood there, yelling in some static pose against the bland gym interior or something? Or is struggling to appreciate a decent attempt at injecting some creativity into the show's animation just too much to bear?

Seriously Kinetico, if there was an award for 'most infuriating, obnoxiously opinionated pokémon fan', you'd be getting the gold.

Did satoshi really do well in indigo plateau, win orange league, do well in the johto league and whirl cup, save the world a couple of times and win the hoenn league and battle frontier challenge? Did he really beat regice. Guess I must have mistaken him for someone else.

The World God Only knows

A giant Rock snake sent Pikachu flying back into a rock by yelling in a deep baritone voice.

I mean, ouch?! Plus, Pikachu was already worn out by Zugaidosu.

Watched the episode, not much to say that hasn't already been said by me or anybody else. Personally, I'm not as easily impressed with episodes as many people here, as I didn't even care for last week's Shinji match, but I felt this was top notch in spite of the TR portions taking up a lot of time in the first half. It's not like this was a complete flooring of Ash. Aipom was pretty much a wasted Pokemon on Ash's part, as it practically accomplished nothing, but Pikachu and Naetle's battles were really good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    It was a neat variation of the Movie 8 intro. Most of the other songs used in the episode weren't the best, so I was happy we got an awesome piece towards the end.

What does this have to do with the girls? I'm talking about the actual writing, what girl was in each saga didn't make a difference.
    Did you forget you included me among the poor (like you'd say) Misty's fans? Looks like yep.

AG was well-liked by everyone who didn't turn a blind eye to it just because Misty wasn't it, and tried to convince themselves it "sucked" because if they stopped watching, they wanted to prove to themselves they weren't missing anything.
    Well, how can a series that wasn't liked by some people be liked by everyone?
    Cyber, get real. If you liked A/G, that's ok, I'm not saying you're an idiot or pathetic for liking it. I'm not like you, no way, no. You don't and won't accept I (and some others) dislike this series just because you like it and yout think it's the best thing that ever happened to the anime, right?
    And, uh, guess what? Misty's left wasn't the reason I didn't like A/G. So what? What would be the reason I dislike it? Maybe because people can like something or not.
    You may like "Grey's Anatomy", I may not. I may like "Lost", you may not. Both of us can like Pokémon, but dislike some series the other actually like.

Saying this episode "shocked" you by good writing is proof you didn't watch AG, since they did this same thing with Brawly in Dewford and had a whole training arc before Ash rechallenged him. The fact that you're so amazed by the writing this saga is like you're seeing this stuff for the first time, when the writers have been doing great stuff for the last 4 years. Shame.
    I didn't say it shocked me, I said it surprised me. It's a pretty different thing, huh? There's a lot of good writing in Pokémon (that's not the A/G case, imho), I just found it cool to be said because lots of people have been saying lately that the writers have lost their shine, which episodes like this proves to be wrong. Got me now?
    And I'm sorry, but... What does the training for Dewford's gym have to do with this nowadays fight in Kurogane? Nothing! There're nothing in commom, it's another gym in another town... There's no beach, there's no water. There're mountains, there're rocks! And ancient Pokémon too! ^.^

And oh, I believe in another thing: We all are seeing the D/P series in japanese, we can't get all of the episodes... We don't get what they're saying, you know this. Wait 'till it comes to english, so we'll get a taste from the full thing... i'm sure much more of you are going to like and aprove it more.

- Nozomi
    Last edited by Weav-vile; 19th January 2007 at 10:42 PM.

What I want to know is how ash managed to pull off a victory against regice. Ash has so much experience and knowledge that he shouldn't have any problems against an opponent, well at least not with pikachu by his side he shouldn't. I mean come on how does this happen. It's ridiculous and embarrasing the way he lost. But I guess no matter how much he has expierienced and learned he wont put that to the challenge. Im not bashing on ash just for his loss but also for his poor battle style. I expect more.

Hyouta really impressed me and managed to stay calm and thought out some pretty cool strategies to counter ash. Ash has conquered the battle frontier and manages to defeat regice but this really showed me that ash still has a lot to learn. But my only concern is about how shinji is this good. He is really something else. I dont know about you guys but I dont think shinji is an average trainer. For that type of skill and confidence requires a really keen trainer. I like shinji a lot but sometimes I wonder how easy he makes these things.
    This is some what the level ash should have already surpassed but he is still the same. There were some funny parts but do any of you know what shinji said to hikari? It looked insulting and hilarious. I mean hikary's expression was priceless and the way shinji's expression was through out all the episodes was also entertaining.I wonder why shinji did not leave. I would have if I had to sit through lame fightting when I am expecting better from my rival. He was impressed by pikachu's strengh I guess. That caught his attention and got him to stay but the way ash was batteling I would have walked away. Pathetic

The World God Only knows

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Aipom was pretty much a wasted Pokemon on Ash's part, as it practically accomplished nothing, but Pikachu and Naetle's battles were really good.

C'mon, give Aipom a break. It was his first gym battle and I think he held up ok. He got his teeth knocked in and damn near had a seizure when he fainted. I just hope this isn't building up a story for Aipom surpassing in Super Contests than in gym battles.

After looking at the pics, this battle was completely stupid.
    Anywa, I looked at the pics and i didn't fond the animation that great.
    I don't find your English or grammer all that great either. It's really sore on reading eyes. You 2 need your heads examined. How in the crap can you look at still pictures and determine silly nonsence like that. Then you have the nerve to come here and pour your ridiculous opinion in the thread without having seen it in motion. Give that garbage a rest and quit clogging the thread with meaningless banter.
    Last edited by PANCAKE; 19th January 2007 at 11:01 PM.
    Monkeys are rather expensive :-|

it was nice to see pikachu lose to onyx since in the first season he beat him in a cheap way. And I was wondering what was the name of the breath attack onyx used?

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Aipom was pretty much a wasted Pokemon on Ash's part, as it practically accomplished nothing, but Pikachu and Naetle's battles were really good.
    I thought it had some neat looking attacks though...very Contest-y...

Anyway, I really liked how they actually set-up next episode with Team Rocket. And Meowth's crazy outfit and Wobbuffet wearing a lab coat = win. XD
    Last edited by Korobooshi Kojiro; 19th January 2007 at 11:07 PM.

Well, Shinji's "You may be able to win if you just copy what I did" line to Satoshi was pretty good, and the dramatic music was as nice as always. I don't really have anyting against Pikachu, so I liked its super-charged rallying of spirits after its initial thrashing by Zugaidosu.

Satoshi's constant cries for Shinji to watch his match... It's like he's using Shinji as a substitute while he yearns for approval from the father he never had. "Watch my battle, Papa!"
    Last edited by Magical Needle Smash; 20th January 2007 at 1:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zeno48 View Post
    What I want to know is how ash managed to pull off a victory against regice. Ash has so much experience and knowledge that he shouldn't have any problems against an opponent, well at least not with pikachu by his side he shouldn't. I mean come on how does this happen. It's ridiculous and embarrasing the way he lost. [...]
    Oh.My.God.

Hey now, Zeno. What's wrong with losting a battle, even though you've just won a GREAT and difficult one?

Can't an Elite 4 member/leader lost a battle? Can't the best trainer in this funky world lost a battle? Can't Ash lost? Goshhh, things happen!

I.don't.get.you.people.who.always.complain.about.n onsense.things.

Really don't.

- Nozomi

Ever stand infront of a amplifier when a band was playing loudly?

Multiply that by about 400X, since Onix is huge, and that's what Pikachu felt.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast