Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A Gruff Act To Follow (484)

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpi13 View Post
    Hey wut website do you go to to watch the episodes
    None of them, since it's illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pika Hikari KT View Post
    -Can't really blame Shinji for giving away Azumarill...the bunny did NOT do well last episode.
    Finally spotted the part of the episode where that happend. To be honest, until now even though I wasnt sure if it was true or not I expected it to be. I was sure Shinji would let it go after its pathetic lost to Geodude.

Seeing as it is true shouldn't that be changed on his bio?

what makes me mad is that ash can almost get to the elite four and everybodt thinks he's so good and then he looses to the 1st gym leader

and why everytime we see his pikachu in a battle it looses

It just beat a freaking Regice!

i no but wen we see it battling the elekid or the elekible or a meowth

but if pikachu new volt tackle it could beat that meowth

i felt bad for aipom because it didnt affect zugaidsu but that zugaidsu is pretty strong because it is really fast and has really good attack power and good moves no wonder pikachu couldnt stand up to onix after being headbutted so much but it wasnt that bad it was screech that got pikachu. and naetle did really well taking the flamethrower directly and still kept going and beat that zugaidsu!

what makes me mad is that ash can almost get to the elite four and everybodt thinks he's so good and then he looses to the 1st gym leader

and why everytime we see his pikachu in a battle it looses
    Yeah, let's have Ash win EVERY SINGLE DAMN BATTLE! That'll make the anime fun to watch!

Hyouta may be the first Gym Leader of Sinnoh, but that doesn't mean that he's inexperienced. Clearly Gym Leaders have the choice of either going easy on their opponent or going all out, as they're a test of a trainer's skills. Obviously, despite Hyouta being the first gym leader, he's clearly better than Kanto Brock or Hoenn Roxanne, and probably better than several of Kanto, Johto and Hoenn's latter Gym Leaders as well. There's no evidence to support that there should be a great drop in power from the Pyramid King to Hyouta, despite the latter using unevolved Pokemon. After all, Ash *isn't* the best trainer in the world, and there's no reason to believe that others couldn't or can't do what he's done better or faster.

Now that I've finally gotten to see the episode in action (and what an episode it was), I have to say that Zugaidos is easily one of my favorite Pokemon. I am *surprised*, even now, that the animators made it so incredibly fast. It makes me wish the actual one was that decent. But of course, its evolved form, Rampard, will probably be a lot slower, if much more powerful.

There's no evidence to support that there should be a great drop in power from the Pyramid King to Hyouta, despite the latter using unevolved Pokemon.
    One uses legendary pokemon, one uses Geodude. One is considered to be one of the strongest trainers ever, one is the first freaking gym leader.

And the one with Legendary Pokemon was defeated by a trainer with a Squirtle, a Bulbasaur and a Pikachu.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliksem View Post
    And the one with Legendary Pokemon was defeated by a trainer with a Squirtle, a Bulbasaur and a Pikachu.
    And that would be the writers fault for sucking so much.

I'm getting pretty tired of reading posts from these people who think that because Pikachu beat Regice, it'll never lose another battle again as long as it lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky~40 View Post
    Yeah, let's have Ash win EVERY SINGLE DAMN BATTLE! That'll make the anime fun to watch!
    How true. Then people would be complaining about how he wins all the time. -_-

Back on topic please...

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliksem View Post
    Squirtle, Bulbasaur, and Pikachu have been trained a lot and are probably at a high level(but not that high). Pokemon dont have to be fully evolved or legendaries to be powerful. The main reason Pikachu lost was because it was tired out and electric attacks dont work against Onix(but not the only reason). Ash really shouldn't have expected to win when he was fighting a rock gym with part ground pokemon using a normal type and an electric type.

Just because their levels are low in the games doesnt mean they are low in the anime

Cool episode the figth was excellent and a cool win for Onix. Scream looks sweet.

One thing i find annoying however is people moaning "omg he lost to the 1rst gym" so what he has to loss to one of the gyms. Unlike what a lot of people think the anime is not the games. There4 there are no "first" gyms in the anime. Infact all the gyms are equal in strength it just depends on where you start. At least thats how i view it. I mean lets say in Kanto if you start your pokemon journey in Lavindar town your first gym would be Saffron rather than traveling all the way to pewter.
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

This is going to get stupid though, because we all know Satoshi will beat Rampurado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aipom View Post
    So get the hell out of this topic before I give both you and Shikamaru infractions for being insensitive pricks and posting with intent to annoy others, because you're sure as hell annoying me right now, with your stupidity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Phelps View Post
    It sounds like you need Jesus.

Um..yeah, so? What's wrong with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
    This is going to get stupid though, because we all know Satoshi will beat Rampurado.
    Oh wow, really? I thought Ash would just keep losing to the first gym leader for the entire series!

It's amazing.

Can Ash win without complaining, or lose without complaining?

Best part of the episode:
    Hikari: Why don't you just watch his battle... W-what?
    Shinji: Who are you.
    Hikari: *volcanic eruption* How rude! I'm Hikari, HIKARI! We've met before!
    Shinji: Don't remember.
    Hikari: *DEMON HIKARI RAGE* WHY YOU---!1!1!!!1!

Shinji doesn't recognize Hikari's existence because Hikari doesn't matter to him. I wonder why a certain portion of the fandom enjoys basking in its own ridiculous refusal to recognize this fact? Oh, right, because totally ignoring a person's existence is a sure sign of OMG TRUE LUV. [/sarcasm]

As for the rest of the episode, that was The. Coolest. Screech. EVAR. Thank goodness I've gotten used to the anime's way of making non-damage attacks do damage, so I won't complain about that. Zugaidosu was just--what can I say, I *LOVED* watching it in this ep. The angles it kept being shown in were really cool. And Double Headbutt vs. Volt Tackle? Coolness beyond coolness, especially when they were charging at each other.

Also loved how Pikachu suddenly regained a bit of the personality it lost several seasons back--using Thunder to basically do what Ash had been doing with Shinji the whole time: "GET YER *** BACK HERE AND WATCH THE BATTLE DEMMIT!" And speaking of personality, Mukubird was WIN. I love that crazy thing. It should be a test subject for Pokemon depression meds. XD

The only issue I had with the battles was Naetoru being taken out so quickly when it lasted for-freaking-ever against Shinji's Hikozaru (getting repeatedly hit by fire attacks again and again). Of course, one could reason that Zugaidosu's Flamethrower was stronger than Hikozaru's fire attacks since Zugaidosu is more experienced and technically Flame Wheel isn't as strong as Flamethrower anyway (and obviously anime doesn't count STAB).

Overall, a very nice ep to watch. The only parts that bored me were the parts with TR touring the fossil research facility and fantasizing, though I guess it couldn't be helped as it was setup for the next episode.

Later, at the hotel...

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Well Wallace's Milotic is definitely large.

Quote Originally Posted by tipnottippy View Post
    Best part of the episode:
    Hikari: Why don't you just watch his battle... W-what?
    Shinji: Who are you.
    Hikari: *volcanic eruption* How rude! I'm Hikari, HIKARI! We've met before!
    Shinji: Don't remember.
    Hikari: *DEMON HIKARI RAGE* WHY YOU---!1!1!!!1!
    That's cake. I like how the guy is a self absorbed individual. Must explain why he didn't notice Mukkubird either at the Pokemon Center. I can smell this being a running gag for the rest of D/P between him and Hikari.
    Monkeys are rather expensive :-|

Anyone besides me notice that this is the first time Ash has lost at a first gym since Brock? That's a four-time winning streak of Cissy (OI), Faulkner (Johto), Roxanne (Hoenn), and Noland (BF).
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Hahahaha.

Anyone know what Hikari was yelling about when she was about to fight Shinji, but Brock held her back?
    One Piece fans always lose...

Again they make ash look so mediocore. This kind of thing gets on my nerves. Sure, him winning all the time would also be dull. But he shouldnt be getting beat this many times this early in the season...
    "I am the way, the truth, and the light. Nobody goes through the father except through me." -John 14:6.I REP JESUS!
    Name:AJ
    FC:1504 3131 8429

pm before adding

^His loss did seem somewhat forced by the writers, it could have been a tad bit less extreme than it was if he had at least Ko'ed geodude too before Onix took down pikachu, not to mention it was a little unfair that Ash had to deal with double headbutt that Zugadosu "convieniantly" learned during the match.

This episode was pretty good. I found it to be funny when Dawn got angry when Paul didn’t know who she was. It was great to see an Omanyte again. Cranidos was pretty good. I was amazed at how Pikachu used Thunder to keep Paul watching the battle. It was cool to see a Head Smash. The battle between Pikachu and Onix was pretty good.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast