Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: A Gruff Act To Follow (484)

Man, PUSA did excellent with the music, which the Japanese producers scored this episode rather well...especially the end.

I liked the fight, I just wish Ash coulda won ): Pikachu was pretty bad-a in it though. I think it's mostly because ash's other pokemon are well..new. so it pretty much depends on how much his pokemon are able to take. I hope ash comes up with a good strategy to beat him. That cranidos is sorta overpowered D:

oh well. Paul is still a meanie XD

Tight episode! I really liked how they put the music from the Lucario movie in the anime towards the end, which happens 2 B my favorite music.

In a way, I'm kinda glad Ash lost this one. To me, he was way to confident and too eager to show Paul up.

I'll admit, I still don't like the voices or the bright coloring of the anime, I'm liking the serious battles, the battle animations and the complete true and real explanations of Pokemon abilities, attacks, and type match-ups!

Other than that, pretty damn ok season so far!

Okay, this episode got 10/10 from me automatically for one thing: 8th movie music at the end. But, it would have got 10/10 anyone because of the awesome battle.

I just finish watching this episode on CN. The previous episode was better than this one (b/c of Shinji of course). However, the animation of this episode was better than the previous one. Throughout the entire battle I was rooting for Roark because Ash was just wack. The writers make Ash get away with alot of sh*t. For instance, Crandios being defeated by Turtwig after it hit with Zen Headbutt & a Flamethrower. Ash's terrible battle made Shinji lose his precious time on training his Pokémon. Shinji had every right to call Ash "pathetic" because he is.

Ah. Luckies. I still have to wait about three hours. XD

you dont have to be an uber awesome pokemon battler to be a way better person than paul though D|

Quote Originally Posted by Voltrex View Post
    Again they make ash look so mediocore. This kind of thing gets on my nerves. Sure, him winning all the time would also be dull. But he shouldnt be getting beat this many times this early in the season...
    Although I believe Ash lost unfairly, Ash didn't do bad, although onix pulling screech out at the last moment was shocking
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

What did Paul say throughout the entire episode?

Great episode. It seemed like a natural loss for Ash, Aipom and Turtwig don't really have a lot of experience and Pikachu was at an disadvantage.

The highlight was Staravias reaction to being overlooked for the battle.
    He he. Poor depressed bird.

Trust Paul to rub in a 'pathetic' right at the end...

But yeah, sucks that Ash lost. Still a great battle though, but I kinda lost hope for Ash after he lost Turtwig to Onix. Paul's 'who are you?' to Dawn got a laugh so it wasn't all doom and gloom. Staravia's dramaqueen-ness is showing too.

9/10.

I really like this episode. I still wonder why it took so long for a character like Paul to appear.

Staravia's reaction reminded me of Muku Drama.

I long for the day we will meet again.

I claim Molly/Eva from Oban Star-Racers as my Bishoujo!

Quote Originally Posted by Wynaut? View Post
    Trust Paul to rub in a 'pathetic' right at the end.
    Why did I get the feeling Paul was gonna say that?

When Pikachu released that huge electric attack, Paul's expression was like. "So, is this the legendary Pikachu that beat *Insert Pokemon it'd have no chance of defeating here*?"

One thing that bugged me is how they kept saying this was Ash's first Sinnoh battle. His first Sinnoh Gym Battle, yes, but they seem to have forgotten about the Nando episode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Four Karen
    Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best.
    Take a step and I'm on my way. Gonna start all over again!

What I wanna know is what Paul said at the end of the episode when Ash lost his battle, I couldn't hear because it was like he was mumbling, but my parents were making noise. I think it sounded something like "loser", or something like that.

I liked Dawn's little rage moment. so funny. And did anyone else laugh during the moment when Ash was choosing his pokemon and it said how Star likes to battle andall that jazz about promises? I mean, the irony of it all! Star barely battles, and I think the whole thing about promises speaks for itself.
    The battle was preatty good. Though I didn't care for Onix beating Pikachu wiht a freaking screech attack.
    And paul was paul.
    Did I here some Lucario movie music durign the Onix battle?
    On a side-note, I will never understand why these gyms have htese huge amount of seats, yet no one from the town comes to watch the battles...

-Yeah, the pissy moment Dawn had was pretty good. I just wanted her to punch Paul in the face.
    -Glad to see Roark changed the things of the line-up a little bit (considering I didn't see the Japanese version). Usually with gym battles that Ash loses to, they always use the same line-up, no change (well exception Brandon). A big kudos to Roark for doing that after Paul's battle.
    -Even though Paul is an ass, he does show some niceness every once and a while and somehow I ended up seeing a bit of that within the last two episodes.
    -You just had to feel sorry for Staravia and you can't help but laugh at that "worry" comment that Dawn and Ash made.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Again, I didn't like this episode as much as I probably should have. Dawn's rage was interesting that's for sure.

Staravia's "emo-ment" was really a bit of a letdown. I don't think I care for its voice. I need to catch this episode in Japanese to see how Mukkubird sounds because it's probably much better.

Now for my biggest problem. I did not like the attitude Ash copped with Paul. Who is Ash to demand Paul stay and watch the battle? Paul is free to decide whether or not he wants to stick around. Would Ash have cared if Morrison, Tyson, or Harrison casually went to watch one of his battles? I doubt it. I didn't bring Gary up because it would be thrown back at me that he did watch Ash battle in "Battle for the Badge." The thing with that is that Ash had gotten into the gym to find Gary "white-d out," and then things went on from there.

I really hope future gym battles don't go in this direction.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Now for my biggest problem. I did not like the attitude Ash copped with Paul. Who is Ash to demand Paul stay and watch the battle? Paul is free to decide whether or not he wants to stick around.
    It's probably because Ash wanted to prove to Paul that he can take down a gym leader himself.

I'll review this ep later *goes to watch it now*

You don't want to know. Trust me. =P

Current PASBL stats: 12-5-0, 25 KO's, 73 TP. LVL 2 Trainer. B ref (Not reffing at the moment)

"I really f***ing hate you both" -Mozz (In memory of his awesomeness)

I'm pretty sure I heard at least 7 or 8 pieces of original music (if not more).

Anyway, it was odd seeing Onix doing screech the way it did. It looked very different the last time it was used. (which I think was back in Kanto, not counting Larvitar)
    Haxorus has been pitted against a Raticate in a pokemon battle. Who will get to make the first move?

*is amazed so many pieces of original music were left*

Marry the Night

Same here. I was glad that they kept the music from the Japanese version...like the music heard when Aipom and Cranidos fought. (It sure sounded like the music that is played when you meet a wild Pokemon in the game Diamond/Pearl.)

Mediocre episode, in my eyes, it was basically the same as the episode before it, but less Paul and more Ash, which sucked in my opinions, I much preferred Paul's strategies over Ash's.

Only entertaining part in this episode for me was Team Rocket, posing as scientists, hence why I look forward to getting around to watch the next episode, judging by this episode, it should be a laugh.

Rather glad that Paul gave the Azumarill away rather than just releasing it, it was a more..noble..thing to do, in my eyes, he had just better not make a habit out of it.

5/10
    Subliminal rules: how to live, how to die.

FB ~ PC ~ PASBL

As Pearl's Perap said, for a gym battle episode, it wasn't that exciting to be brutally honest, as I've come to expect from these episodes.

It was amazing to think that a move that is classed as 'defensive' in the games, can still be used in the anime as a strong counter 'attack'. It makes a nice change for Ash to lose every once in a while, but at the moment, during this series, he seems to be losing quite a bit...

Do the Robot!

I liked this episode in general. Dawn's anger scenes are funny. Staravia's situation is upsetting but because of anime effects (such as pruple background , purple stripes and music) it looks funny, in other words it is tragicomical.

The battle between Ash and Roark isn't as good as Paul's. I mean Paul's battle is more similar to competitive battles in the games. Paul's strategy and some good moves make that match better. I especially like "stealt rock" at previous episode because I used many times "spikes" at Battle Frontier , compettive battles , etc. However , Ash's match is not "bad" , it is just worse than Paul's.
    Black 2 Friend Code: Efe / 0047 0990 1313 White Team: ;503; ;518; ;534; ;618; ;628; ;644;

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast