Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wild in the Streets (485)

If that's what Giga Attack looks like, then I hope someone catches Leafia and teaches that attack to it.

Also, why were people b******* about Rampard? He looked okay to me.

Yeah it is Giga Attack...although now that I listen again, I hear "Giga Impact" so that's probably a better translation. Not sure why Serebii calls it Attack.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Well I am glad to now know what the physicial counterpart to Hyper Beam looks like in the anime (basically a swirling energy force that turns the whole body into an armored drill of sorts), but next I want to see what it looks like if a pokemon on the ground uses it. Ash's Tauros would look great with it, indeed many pokemon would. So one wonders if this will become like Hyper Beam and be known by many stronger pokemon on the show.

Kind of interesting/funny that the only moves the Aerodactyl seemed to use (based on the caps mind you) was Hyper Beam and Giga Impact.

Quote Originally Posted by FlameTrainer
    I kinda liked this episode, except for these things:
    *Aerodactyl using some very strange attack.
    *Zugaidosu blocking the odd attack (see above) with his bare hands.
    It looked to me like it didn't so much block it as it slowed it down and steered the attack off course. Nothing wrong with that. Everybody loved when Ash's Charizard threw that Fire Blast over its head right?

But why would the attack being strange be something you didn't like about the episode?

<><><>

Overall the episode seems rather average. The first part was the highest quality because the character interaction was good and the rest was largely standard "enraged pokemon destroys things," though it was neat to see them bring out a tank in response.
    The defender of all things Pokemon! I shall defend Pokemon from all who speak against it! AKA Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Yeah it is Giga Attack...although now that I listen again, I hear "Giga Impact" so that's probably a better translation. Not sure why Serebii calls it Attack.
    I had a feeling it was Giga Impact--it looked like a physical Hyper Beam, and Aerodactyl also learns the attack naturally in D/P(replacing Hyper Beam since that move no longer does any real damage due to crappy Special Attack--same goes for Snorlax and Slaking).

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Does anyone know where the next contest is gonna take place? since they seemed to be. Having something on it in one of the screen shots I saw for this eppy?

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness Angel View Post
    Does anyone know where the next contest is gonna take place? since they seemed to be. Having something on it in one of the screen shots I saw for this eppy?
    It will probaly take place after this coming rematch. Maybe some fillers in between than the next contest for Hikari.

Quote Originally Posted by AshfanGirl20 View Post
    It will probaly take place after this coming rematch. Maybe some fillers in between than the next contest for Hikari.
    Plus the speculated Pachirisu capture.

Well, teh Pics look like this is a great ep.

& I'm loving Hikari, she actually brought up something many people b****** about. Using other pokes. I mean, she even offered her Pochama(how sweet is that). Oh. My pearlshipping sences are tingling. RUN AWAY!

I had a feeling that the Tatetops family wouldn't appear, as Hyota's father has one, so it'll probably be showcased there.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    & I'm loving Hikari, she actually brought up something many people b****** about. Using other pokes. I mean, she even offered her Pochama(how sweet is that). Oh. My pearlshipping sences are tingling. RUN AWAY!
    Uh, offering Ash one of her Pokemon is not a sign she wants to get into his pants.

She's just super-nice.

That's true--Misty did the same thing when Ash went against Brock. She was just trying to be nice. Then again; even if Ash agreed, wouldn't it be illegal since he wouldn't be using his own Pokémon?

Pochama probably wouldn't listen to him anyway; too stubborn.XD

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Quote Originally Posted by Pika Hikari KT View Post
    That's true--Misty did the same thing when Ash went against Brock. She was just trying to be nice. Then again; even if Ash agreed, wouldn't it be illegal since he wouldn't be using his own Pokémon?
    If the rules are like contests then you don't have to actually use your own pokemon (since your skills would still be proven by how well you command them and use strategies), most trainers (or at least most we've seen) do only use their own though as a matter of principle.

Pochama probably wouldn't listen to him anyway; too stubborn.XD
    If their trainer orders them to obey someone else most pokemon will, provided they are commanded well (we saw what happened when Jessie was using Harley's Banette).
    The defender of all things Pokemon! I shall defend Pokemon from all who speak against it! AKA Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by kewlmyc View Post
    Sounds like an alright episode.

Hikari saves Ash? Pearlshipping fans are going to have a field day with this.
    i thought that was the stupidest thing EVER... like a big huge strong aerodacly being takin out by a weak pengiun and a little bunny seriouslllyyyy... just stupid
    Pokemon Y:
    FC Chris: 0018-2193-5036
    Pokemon in My Safari: Grass Type Safari occupied by Sunkern, Petilil, and Quilladin
    Current Team:
    :658: :663: :695: :686: :681: :715:

>>>>>Come Create Your Own Pokemon Adventure<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Jonessodaco.Chris View Post
    i thought that was the stupidest thing EVER... like a big huge strong aerodacly being takin out by a weak pengiun and a little bunny seriouslllyyyy... just stupid
    Well to be fair Aerodactly wasnt exactly knocked out it didnt faint. It took Bubblebeam and Ice beam to stop Aerodactyl's hyperbeam from hitting Ash and Pikachu. Then they both used their spin combination that Hikari was teaching them and got behind Aerodactly and jump on TOP of it and brung it down. Thats perfectly fine, besides Aerodactyl was flying around continuously using hyperbeams and Giga impacts im sure the pokemon was worn out, you have to take that into account as well.

I think stupid would've been something like Aerodactyl being at 100% health and Poochama using bubblebeam and peck to knock it out or Mimoru using ice beam and double slap to make it faint. But that didnt happen so.....

I agree, even if Aerodactyl was worn out a bunny and a penguin can't take it down. And the spin thing was very chikdish.

I wan't some kickass battle!

ˇTiptug, the generic bug!HERE

Aerodactyl sure loved to spam out Hyper beam which got annoying after a while of seeing it.

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

Giga attack? I assumed it was Sky attack =/

Have we seen that attack before?..

So the next contest is in Sonoo town, ey? That's where the windmill power plant and Team Glalactic are...

Marry the Night

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro Kinético View Post
    I agree, even if Aerodactyl was worn out a bunny and a penguin can't take it down. And the spin thing was very chikdish.

Oh man,...after reading your complaints about the anime for quiet a while now I really wonder WHY you still watch the whole thing anyway?

Pokemon IS childish. it is for CHILDREN! how hard is that to understand? ^^

what are "kickass battles" to you? Please name such a battle from the anime, because the last gym battle was pretty cool if you ask me...

please, Kojiro...come back soon...
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

What exactly happened with Kojiro?

If there was one thing I liked about this episode, it was the music. I really loved "Satoshi's Theme," the opening part of the "Lovely Boy" instrumental, "Latios no Mote he," and the orchestral version of the D/P route 210 theme.
    Last edited by Kthleen; 28th January 2007 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa View Post
    Oh man,...after reading your complaints about the anime for quiet a while now I really wonder WHY you still watch the whole thing anyway?

Pokemon IS childish. it is for CHILDREN! how hard is that to understand? ^^

what are "kickass battles" to you? Please name such a battle from the anime, because the last gym battle was pretty cool if you ask me...

please, Kojiro...come back soon...
    I loved the battle of 'Charizard Chills' The hole episode was supberb IMo: Very Mature and dramatic.

I'm not asking them to take out all the cute Pokemon, I just want balance. Some cute scenes, some drama and darkness. F G S, the first episode was very dramatic.

ˇTiptug, the generic bug!HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro Kin�©tico View Post
    I loved the battle of 'Charizard Chills' The hole episode was supberb IMo: Very Mature and dramatic.

I'm not asking them to take out all the cute Pokemon, I just want balance. Some cute scenes, some drama and darkness. F G S, the first episode was very dramatic.
    I wouldn`t call "Charizard Chills" plot "mature", but it was a nice episode. The battle in it...mh...not so. Because the battle wasn`t the point of the episode.
    Definitely a strange example for a "kickass" battle...more an example for a character developing episode like "Cutting the Ties That Bind".

The thing is...you act like the anime was any different a few sagas ago which is not the case. There will be dramatic moments, but ..did you really expect REAL drama in this episode? This episode was a setup for the next gym battle and it did that pretty well.

The next episode should be kickass enough and the "dancing-dodge"move is seen without the "girly background" you seem to hate so much.

anyway, what ws getting on my nerves...the scientist just needed to return the fossils to their pokeballs? What`s so hard about it? Why did Ash and Brock need to attack the fossils anyway if you just can simply return them to their pokeballs? Aerodactyl is a different story, but the other 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Kthleen View Post
    What exactly happened with Kojiro?
    I think he got banned for his "offensive" sigs. I guess someone can`t handle his humor.
    Last edited by TeddiUrsa; 28th January 2007 at 1:03 AM.
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa View Post
    anyway, what ws getting on my nerves...the scientist just needed to return the fossils to their pokeballs? What`s so hard about it? Why did Ash and Brock need to attack the fossils anyway if you just can simply return them to their pokeballs? Aerodactyl is a different story, but the other 2?

Good point.

I just kinda figured that the "recall beam" if you will, was voluntary. The episode that comes to mind (don't throw rocks people) is the one with Misty and Gyarados. I can't remember the title, but it was one of the Chronicles. She kept trying to recall it only to have Gyarados shrug off the attempt. And an even more watered down example is how Wobuffet comes out at will. I thought a Pokeball was just a little storage chamber with a little bed to sleep in, not a jail.
    Monkeys are rather expensive :-|

Looks like a great episode. TR actually did something...even however slight, it did set off the events for the rest of the episode. Stealing that huge cloning machine...awesome.

Even more awesome, Hyota and the creepy doctor got some great spotlight time.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by DKzM0mA View Post
    I assumed it was Sky attack =/

Have we seen that attack before?..
    A few times, yes. Winona's Skarmory, for one.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro Kinético View Post

Well, at least there's the next gym episode.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast