Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wild in the Streets (485)

The twirling thing was stupid. And so is like, Mimirol and Pocchama, at their size and assumed level hitting an Aerodactyl with enough power to destroy Kurogane to the ground.

And so was Rampard's voice and how he SHOT at Team Rocket like a bullet. He should've like, charged at LIGHT SPEED!!!!1 and broke the machine to bits. Like a Rampard would.

Otherwise, goody good I guess ^^;
    Image too large, so it was eaten by a rabid Plusle.

Heh, isn't it funny to see Pochama/Mimirol pretty much take out Aerodactyl with one attack? Those two have gotten strong already, Hikari barely had to do any training with them.

Nice to see Sudowoodo again, besides the fact that it only got like 15 seconds of screentime. -_- Well...I suppose for a Brock Pokemon that's as good as it gets.

Nice development with Ash struggling over his loss, Hyouta's Pokemon evolving, and the preview to the next Contest.

I would have liked more destruction of the city though, the preview made it look like this episode was going to be more action packed then it was. Oh well, it was fine at least, I am annoyed by no Cradily. WTF, writers.

Finally got to see the episode... Now I gotta tell you all my guesses... ^-^'

Well, it was an OK episode overral, but I assume I expected more of it. It's not that it's an avarage episode, it's just that I wanted, uh... More.
    But, still, it was good (although, I can't say the same about the animation).

Things that I liked more:

- I loved Hyouta appearing again (yeah, I knew he was gonna be there, but he's always good to watch) and having his signature Pokémon evolving... Eh, but Rampard reminds me of a (better?) kind of Barney (do you remember him? o_O)... Maybe his future? Not sure about it, haha, but it was funny xD ;

- Hikari training her Pokémon and actually saving Ash from a giga-attacking Aerodactyl with her friggling cute Pokémon, saying something like "Satoshi, daijobu!" while she was arriving there. Very nice, I love to see some girl power;

- Brock's Pokémon gaining some extra screentime! My, that pleasured me... Sudowoodo and Greggoru are just cool adds to the anime, they've got personality... I was happy to see them there (OK that Greggle appeared only in the end, but...);

- Mimiroru showing affection for Pikachu again... It's been boring to read around that the bunny was not going to do it again, I'm glad it finally did. Now I only need to see Hikari using her Pokétchi to calm down my nerves - people won't stop saying she never used it after she got it, but c'mon! If she got it, it's because she's gonna use it sometime, huh? Duh...

- The battles. They were cool to watch too, and there were lots of different kinds of Pokémon to enjoy... I only missed Official Jenny using one herself... That's weird that the cop of the city doesn't save the day with her own Pokémon, isn't it? =P

Well, I guess that's all... I'd say I liked that part Aerodactyl was destroying the city, but it wasn't good enough. I think they needed a better animator for this episode, seriously.

- Nozomi

I jus saw the ep(as well as just becoming a new member here) and i the ep was okay.......the animation was decent enought, at least when compared to Pokemon Advanced.

One thing i'm wondering though...what was Hoyota saying to ash about shinji? It would be funny if hoyota actually said that ash is nothing compared to shinji..but i doubt it.

A cool episode i gess.
    Three Things i don't like are

1. Giga Attack looked rubbish i felt. The Oragnge hyper beam effects and the purple smoke did not go well togther.

2. The Spinning attack thing was kinda stupid. for one they where in the air for ages. and 2nd all dinobird (don't know correct sp) had to do was move to the side.

3. Team Rocket mechs must give alot of EXP as loads of Pokemon over the years have evolved due to them.
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

Wow, after the last two episodes, this one is more than a bit of a letdown. I didn't expect the quality to last, but for this to be so absolutely terrible in terms of animation AND execution is quite a blow. The characters looked absolutely terrible (the eyes... THE EYES!!), and it seemed like the spacial orientation was off. The plot was rather contrived, unfortunately, with the resolution being... not fulfilling. Zugaidos holding off an Aerodactyl's Giga Impact? Pochama and Mimimol slamming Aerodactyl into the ground? There wasn't really a sense of cause and effect here; things seemed to happen at random or just because it was convient (such things were rather less obvious in earlier episodes).

[Enter generic Hikari should have caught Aerodactyl comment here.] But seriously, for Aerodactyl to go down so easily?

For Team Rocket to be broke so often, they must be quite the handymen/women/mons. I'm surprised Giovanni hasn't fired them strictly from loss of valuable equipment. I wonder who their suppliers are.

Collorary: Rampard's so not cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyuuga Neji View Post
    the animation was decent enought, at least when compared to Pokemon Advanced.
    The animation in this episode was horrible. It was done by the second worst animation director currently on the show, (the worst is the guy who did the Subomi and Poketch episodes).

Back in AG there was MUCH better animation consistently.

Nowadays about every other D/P episode looks like crap. It's a shame really, how horribly off model the characters and Pokemon look nowadays.

Just saw the episode, it was par, and Hikari should have caught aerodactyl, she owned it with Pochama and Mirrioril,

And Ash to train against rocks that can't move... made my LOL

I didnt know this show is still going... What network is this on and time/day (us pacific time)

Quote Originally Posted by nap* View Post
    Just saw the episode, it was par, and Hikari should have caught aerodactyl, she owned it with Pochama and Mirrioril,
    [Enter generic Hikari should have caught Aerodactyl comment here.]
    I knew it was coming XD. The sad thing is, Hikari *COULD* have captured that Aerodactyl is she'd been so inclined (obviously, she wasn't). But as I said before, the battle was contrived. There wasn't any real cause and effect between the motions.

I must say, though, that Ash seems to have no qualms blatantly ripping off strategies from Hikari, yet won't even follow what Shinji has to say. Oh well, his loss. But this is completely ignoring the fact that such a strategy is physically impossible (yeah, yeah, it's Pokemon, but at least make the strategies more ingenius and less, yup, I'm gonna say it, contrived).

You can find AG Pokemon on Cartoon Network. DP Pokemon is aired in Japan.

^^Well yeah if I could have posted a couple of days ago, I would have avoided posting my last message but I have my electronic destroying sister to thank for that.

That preview is cool though Pikachu ans Ash did obviously rip-off the non-rapid spin from Hikari but at least it Iron tailed the Onix in the throat, hopefully it will beat it and the score will become 2-2 in their feud

Oh yeah and Jessie could have caught Meowth, that would have been fun to watch
    Last edited by nap*; 29th January 2007 at 9:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliksem
    I must say, though, that Ash seems to have no qualms blatantly ripping off strategies from Hikari, yet won't even follow what Shinji has to say.
    That's the point. Ash is content with the way Hikari battles, but disapproves of Shinji's fighting-style. Having his Hikozaru intentionally get weak so that its Blaze ability was activated was one of the things Ash was so peeved about that he fully concentrated on battling differently than Shinji, rather than studying Hyouta's strategies and thinking of any possibilities to overcome them. That's what Hyouta pointed out in this episode, and made Ash realize how much Shinji had distracted him from his main goal.

He isn't as focussed on being different than Shinji any more, but as long as Shinji keeps up with this comparably 'immoral' battling-style, Ash won't accept a single advice from him I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    The animation in this episode was horrible. It was done by the second worst animation director currently on the show, (the worst is the guy who did the Subomi and Poketch episodes).
    Um, this is the very same director who did the Subomi/Pokétch episodes.

I'd say Kazue Kinoshita is improving though - there were several scenes where Hikari looked really nice for instance; she just needs to work on Ash and Brock's faces a bit more, and avoid having the characters just stand there in those stiff positions too often.

Aw, I like Hikari more and more with each episode. She actually kept the funny quirk of calling Professor Oak "that Senryuu person" and forgetting his real name. Also quite cool how she saved Ash, and how she just said, "Daijoubu!" when Aerodactyl aimed Giga Impact straight at her - as if it was nothing XD

At last...why did Armaldo and Kabutops nod at Aerodactyl at first, as if they'd agreed to team up with it, only to attack it right afterwards? That part confused me.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Heh, even though "daijoubu" is a common Japanese word, for some reason it sounds so much cuter when Hikari says it.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Yeah that "Daijobu" is really cute. I jus hope when it comes to america her voice won't be butchered...and i hope they don't try and give her some stupid catch phrase to replace diajobu...like viz media did in naruto; getting "dattabeyo" and dubbing it to belive it

We'll finally saw(or in the process of watching) the episode, & just a couple things:
    Is it just me, or can the animators not decide on a proper build for Aipom? ITs normal one ep, skinny(like here) the next, adn have a mega-head the one after.
    Also, Mimi's ears are going to drive me insane. I guess one curls up at all times?
    I like that they kept Sudo's little salute.

Oh and...

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Uh, offering Ash one of her Pokemon is not a sign she wants to get into his pants.

She's just super-nice.
    Oookay, I think my post was taken out of context. I just thought it was super nice kinda sweet. I was just saying(apparently not well worded) that PSers woudl be al over it and we should run from the hoard.

Thanks for the mental image by the way :/

Is it just me, or can the animators not decide on a proper build for Aipom? ITs normal one ep, skinny(like here) the next, adn have a mega-head the one after.
    This is what has always bugged me about Ash's Aipom. She's supposed to be the same size as Pikachu, but the animators keep giving her a head as big as her whole body! It's insane. But it gives the dubbing team a chance to poke fun of it--Aipom and Curcumstance being a good example("Have you been gaining weight, Aipom?!").

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Quote Originally Posted by Pika Hikari KT View Post
    This is what has always bugged me about Ash's Aipom. She's supposed to be the same size as Pikachu, but the animators keep giving her a head as big as her whole body! It's insane. But it gives the dubbing team a chance to poke fun of it--Aipom and Curcumstance being a good example("Have you been gaining weight, Aipom?!").
    Meh, the writers will probably stay with one size when she evolves into Eteboth.

I can see the large hands already....

Any ways, as I slowly progress my way through the ep, I really like the Rampage scene. The music sounded kinda Godzilla-ish. & It was nice seeing Kabuto. & 9 other non-sinnoh pokemon.
    Show me six sinnohs, I'll show 12 non sinnohs.Within 2 two episodes or less.*shakes heads*

Hikari's hair moving with wind :love:

It was a nice episode, like the battles and how Hikari is not a clone of May. She develops her own strategy without using Ash as an example like May did. She's powerful in her own way and I love that about her, is something that Misty and May never had.

I thought the scene between Pikachu and Mimiroll was cute and I'm starting to like the bunny more. It was funny how Sudowoodo ran with Pikachu, he looked good. The plot was alright but I thought it was going to be more dark...the animation was average with some good and some bad things.

I just don't understand the inconsistency in the animation...why can't every episode of D/P have an animation like the Good Luck Mukkuru! episode?

It was the worst episode from Shinou Saga! It was a wasting of time and space. Everything was about Aerodactyl who attacked the city. It used beams and finally was cought by the scientists. Even Team Rocket wasn't funny because they used boring mecha again.
    Of course, some people probably like it because they could see Sodowoodo and Hikari's pokemon in fight, but really, fighting Sodowoodo or Pocchama with Mimiroru aren't special for me. I would like to see something original. The last episode was good (Pikachu vs dino-pokemon) but this one sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Caterpie View Post
    It was the worst episode from Shinou Saga! It was a wasting of time and space.
    Not really, the Naetle capture episode was worse.

This episode was average, wasn't that bad really.

I think the animation in this ep was pretty sloppy compared to some of the earlier eps. Especcially people faces. They just seem a bit, rushed to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ?????? View Post
    i is afraid of bad grammarz in t3h title

Failure.
    ~The number 1 Mudkip fanatic!~
    ~Bebo - Facebook ~

~I was a Gligar fan BEFORE Satoshi got one!
    If you were too, copy and paste this in your sig.~

~Claims~
    ~Pokemon: Gligar~
    ~Anime Songs: Maemukki Rocketto-Dan / Ready Go! both from Pokemon~
    ~Celebrities: Terry Wogan - The Stig~
    ~Anime Bishie: Shinku from Rozen Maiden~

~I currently have 85 Trained Pokemon so pick 6 for Roulette Battles!~
    ~Diamond FC: 1376 1038 9979~

Jessie and James's first sucsess since they met Ash!For a minute it seemed like they captured the Aerodactyl.I wish they did..{since Aerodactyl could be cool but still shocked}Also how was Geodude affected by Pikachu?That's unpossible!
    Shinies: (Gift) (In-game event) (SR) (search) (random), (traded away) Sylveon (trade) (MM)
    Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

FT: (all shiny)
    LF: (all shiny)

TR barely had a success in this episode since they couldn't control Aerodactyl.

*feels left off* I only saw the pictures. ;_;

But it seemed like a pretty damn good episode to me. Another evolution. Aerodactyl. A strange, purple-orange megaboomboom attack. Ancient Pokemon. That is enough to keep me going, but I have heard about the animation and it makes me a bit worried to actually see it whenever it will come in America. ;_; But for now, I think it's a fantastic episode, judging from the pictures.
    ~ COMING SOON ~

Shiftry leapt into the air, shrieking and roaring as she started glowing and absorbing the sun’s light. Leaves shifted and curled at the edges as footsteps sounded on the grass. Her eyes were wide open and crazed, glazed with a white radiance. A slim, dark figure spontaneously crossed overhead, elegant and mysterious as it disappeared within the rose-colored vortex. It all seemed like a medieval fantasy; only reality blended in to make it all seem practical. The new otherworldly essence drifted in, allowing the illumination to bless the woman and reveal herself to the world. Karen had arrived

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast