Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wild in the Streets (485)

It was a decent episode, but it could have been much better than it was.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Glad Kabutops gets some screentime, although Lileep and Cradily continue to be royally gypped. Armaldo got most of the attention in the fossil filler in Hoenn, anyways, and it does again here. As for Aerodactyl, I practically don't even care about the thing anymore.
    what's so great about Kabutops getting more screentime? After movie 5 and Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon, Kabutops seems like THE fossil Pokemon after Ptera. On that note, I am ticked off at the typical fossil showcasings with this episode. Kabutops, Ptera, and Armaldo get to show off once more, while Anopth, Lileela, and Yuradle STILL need to appear longer than 10 seconds.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

I would've liked to see Ancientpower, though.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

This episode was great. I found it strange how TR was able to lug that giant fossil-restoration system out in the open. It was cool to see a Giga Impact. I found it kinda funny when James kept flipping through his cards even when TR got hit by Aerodactyl’s Giga Impact. It was awesome to see all the non-Sinnoh fossil pokemon. Dawn’s Piplup and Buneary had an awesome combo. It was awesome to see a Rampardos.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

This was episode was alright. I don't know whether if Ash is crazy or stupid. It was crazy of him to try to block Pikachu from Aerodactyl's Hyper Beam & it was stupid of him for not taking Dawn's advice on withstanding his other Pokémon (like Bulbasaur, Totodile, Bayleaf, etc.) to beat Roark. Not only are they doing it with Ash, but the writers are also making Dawn get away with stupid sh*t by having Aerodactyl pin down by Piplup & Buneary. I mean, how the heck could Piplup & Buneary defeat Aerodactyl when it was totally pwned Ash, Brock, Roark & TR?

it was an OK episode. I didnt see much wrong with it, but generally it didnt grab my attention and I probobly wont remember it in the future.

i guess it kinda showed how any pokemon can beat another as long as you use the right strategy...or somehting. team rocket was pretty lame in this ep too. and im usually optimistic about episodes..oh well.

Default Dawn's greatest moment

so far. She had spent most of the preceding eps understandably making newbie mistakes. But in this ep she finally had the chance to be the hero. I loved the scene where her team thrwarted Aerodactyl. Very nice strategy to evade Aerodactyl and get the drop on it. Dawn also impressed me in staying calm and self assured in the face of an attacking Aero.

So what if Ash is taking advice from Dawn. If Dawn's hit upon a good idea Ash would be a fool to ignore it.

And oh yeah, thanks for the fanservice shot, though Dawn's skirt suddenly grew bigger.

Meh, not one of the best episodes, but it didn't really suck. But of all things to get beaten by, it still puzzles me with a big extinct pokemon like Aerodyctl versus Dawn's little old Piplup and Buneary but good combination move no matter how you look at it.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

ZOMG! I'm glad they kept Buneary's crush on the 'Chu, but Pikachu is now her property!

Little known fact: When a rabbit places their chin on something, it releases a scent unique to each individual rabbit, that only rabbits can smell, that marks that something, whatever it may be, as their territory. Look at Buneary congratulating Pikachu, and she does just that:

Buneary: "You my b**** now!"
    Last edited by Reign G; 5th July 2007 at 11:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Four Karen
    Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best.
    Take a step and I'm on my way. Gonna start all over again!

This episode was watchable, I wouldn't say it was 'good' but anyway, yes.

Glad they have kept the bunny love and Cranidos evolving was the highlight of the episode for me, the rest was, well, rather boring.

This episode would have been more interesting with a bit of Shieldon and/or Bastiodon in my eyes, but that was destined not to happen, yet.

What fossil was it that Roark found, if any? It was really small...

5/10
    Last edited by Pearl's Perap; 6th July 2007 at 12:30 AM.
    Subliminal rules: how to live, how to die.

FB ~ PC ~ PASBL

This was actually one of the best episodes I've seen. I especially liked how the carnidos evolved. It was sweet.

Read This Please!
    1. I made the trainer card myself! yay! =D
    2. Steven's pic was from Pokesho

wasn't really that good, i didn't c the need 4 this episode aside form the evolution which could have just happend in the 1st battle anyway
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

I found this episode ok. I liked the Piplup/Bunery combination though and I liked Marian appearing on the screen in the pokemon centre saying when the next contest was going to be. I also like Cranidos evolving as well ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeccag View Post
    I liked the Piplup/Bunery combination though and I liked Marian appearing on the screen in the pokemon centre saying when the next contest was going to be.
    The Piplup/Buneary combo was the stupidest thing ever created. Any idiot could do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeccag View Post
    I also like Cranidos evolving as well ^_^
    That was one of the best parts.

In general, I thought the episode was great. Nothing's better than watching overpowered fossils wreak havoc on poor, defenseless people.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 22nd February 2008 at 4:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Unbelievable. First that stupid spinning works, then Piplup and Buneary who combined probably weigh bugger all jump on Aerodactyls back and knock it out. What a load of !@#$

Other than that I didn't see anything really wrong eith the episode

This episode kind of felt like a retread of earlier episodes like "Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon" and "Where's Armaldo?", but it had a couple of things going for it. Cranidos's evolution was awesome. Plus, Ash learned the spin-to-avoid technique from Dawn, which came in handy in the gym battle and future episodes. It's pretty cool, too. Dawn only thinking of Professor Oak as a poet instead of a professor was pretty funny too.

Of course, this episode makes me wonder how Team Rocket managed to steal what had to be a chamber heavier than a Snorlax, but this is a cartoon after all.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Wow, Ash lost to Roark. Correct me if I'm wrong, but was he not THE Battle Frontier Champion? T_T Seriously, what the h3ll?!

Aside from that, the rest was good. Rampardos was awesome, crushing Team Rocket on its own ^^ I just can't believe Ash had to be protected by a cotton-swab bunny and a whiny blue penguin... *heavy sigh*
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Meh, it was okay, I guess. Surprised that Ash lost to Roark, but there have been a few episodes where Ash loses to a Gym Leader the the next episode or a few episodes later beats them. The Rampardos was strong, and I liked how Ash learned the spin technique in this episode.

it's not one of the best episode but it's something so i shouldn't complain i guess,
    better luck next time.

People consider this one of Diamond & Pearl's weakest episodes; I don't think it's half-bad. And if we're only counting episodes prior, it's certainly better than Naetle's capture or the Poketch episode. I really like how Team Rocket was handled in Kurogane, as they took a backseat for two episodes in order to come into the limelight here. I like the sense of urgency present in this episode that really elevates it above your standard Team Rocket scheme, even if they quickly lose control of it. I mean, come on, they get freakin' tanks in there! It's also nice for Hyouta to get in on some action outside the gym, and it was nice to give Aerodactyl a role again after so long. Still, I continue to be perplexed by the writers' apparent bias of Armaldo and Kabutops over Omastar and Cradily.

Not that this episode was really fantastic by any stretch of imagination. For one, the animation is wretched. But considering Team Rocket's whole build-up to this episode, you would expect more out of them. In addition, these episodes that feature ancient Pokemon rampages all seem...the same. This episode just isn't remarkable enough to set itself apart from Kanto's or Hoenn's fossil outings. At least Zugaidos' evolution is well-done, and certainly the preferrable method over evolving in the gym battle and winning ala Abra or Makuhita. And it is always nice to see Satoshi adopt a particular battle strategy and continue using it.

C+
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Nice episode, i saw better ones but its ok
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

This episode was okay. It wasn't that good or bad. Ash wasn't wise when he decided to stick with Pikachu, Aipom, & Turtwig. He should have called Kingler, Bulbasaur, Totodile, etc.. Cranidos should have evolved at Ash's first battle against Roark. Dawn's combination attack wasn't very creative.

6/10.

I found it stupid that when Cranidos evolved, Roark stated "Cranidos evolved just now." Yeah Roark, we know. It's as if he's addressing someone with no idea what pokemon evolution is.
    It was funny as **** when Dawn thrashed Aerodactyl with the spinning move she had only just invented.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Hmmm. the fossil pokemon were very angry.

Especially Erodactyl, it was so mad.

And i loved to see Dawn training with Piplup and Buneary.

8/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

It was pretty ridiculous how TR stole that huge fossil restoration machine and thought it was great idea to sit out in the broad daylight with it, they're hilarious . I'm glad everyone was training in this episode, that's what Ash should have been doing before. I'm also glad that Roark brought up the fact that Ash was too focused on Paul and needed to focus more on their battle because that's exactly what I was thinking. I thought it was pretty cool that Dawn unexpectedly saved the day and defeated that Berserk Aerodactyl with Piplup and Buneary. Overall it was a good episode.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast