View Poll Results: Like-y fic? Or no?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • I HATED it! Don't you EVER try writting another furuba fic aAGAIN!

0 0%
  • Meh, I could find better

0 0%
  • That was good, you have potential

1 16.67%
  • OMIGAWD! KEEP WRITING!

5 83.33%

Thread: Thinking About The Sky( A Fruits Basket one-shot(Tohru/Kyo))

Post Thinking About The Sky( A Fruits Basket one-shot(Tohru/Kyo))

Hi readers and—I’m guessing—Furuba(however you spell it) fans! Finally a one-shot for Kyo andTohru! YAY!
    Oh, oh man, I am soooo nevous about this fic because I don’t think I got all the characters in tune(it’s a very hard thing to do when working with romance and Fruits Basket) but I hoe I did.
    I enjoyed writing this fic, but, you know what? You see if its okay, tell me, seriously.
    Anyway, you already know it’s a one shot, and you already know it’s shipping. So I’ll tell you the rating: G, no seriously, RATED G
    And, wow, I can’t remember the last time wrote a rated G fic, probably cuz I never did, anyway, R&R plz!

Thinking About The Sky( A Fruits Basket one-shot(Tohru/Kyo))

“Tohru? Tohru?” Kyo Sohma looked in to the kitchen tiredly. Where was she?

“If you’re looking for Tohru-Kun, she went to visit her grandfather.” Shigure Sohma said as he walked in behind Kyo. “She said she might be gone for sometime and for us to get started on dinner.”

Get started on dinner?

That didn’t seem like Tohru, it didn’t seem like Tohru at all.

“Whatever,” Kyo breathed as he walked away.

“Where are you going?” His raven haired cousin asked.

“My room,” was all Kyo said as he headed up the stairs.

How long had it been? How long has it been? How long since Tohru came
    to their home? How long since she came and took over all of the housework?

At first, at first Kyo hated the idea of a girl, a normal girl to be in their home, in their cursed home. He’d expected her to run off when she found out that the Sohmas were no normal family. He’d expected her to run off when she saw his true form.

I want us to go back! I want to eat with you and Yuki-kun and Shigure-san again! I want us to go back, Kyo-kun!

But she hadn’t, she seemed like she understood, as if maybe she’d seen worse things.

Worse things than a monster like Kyo’s true form.

Mom, mom is right here with me.

But in a way, hadn’t she? Not physically seen, but she’d been asleep when her mother had gone off to work. When her mother left, and died.

I forgot to say, the one day I forgot to say ‘Have a safe trip.’

She had her own pains then, and yet, yet she had this overflowing love she held. She seemed like the type of person someone would want to take advantage of. But no one would, no one will. It’s as if, as if they all see it. That light.

That light that had over-flowed from her body. The light she cast on everyone, that light, her love.

I’m afraid I’ll break my promise with mom.

Kyo sat down on his bed and sighed because sprawled on the floor were his books. They were mid-way through their finals at school. Mid-way. He hoped he was doing good, no, he knew he was doing good. Although he’d used to always have a short temper that made him look like a dumb person, he wasn’t. Things like tests and homework and schoolwork, they just came to him naturally. Studying, keeping good grades, they weren’t a problem for him, but for her. Yes, for her, she struggled.

Thank you for coming with me to mom’s grave.

But that he took care of that. He was always the one to lend help to her, so it wasn’t Kyo’s place to help her.

H-he threw out his back.

Kyo stood up and threw his jacket on, hadn’t Shigure said something about her going to her grandfather’s house?

“Kyo? Kyo, can you get the door, I’m a little busy here.”

Kyo groaned and headed down for the door. Stupid Shigure, he was probably just watching TV.

Kyo opened the door. “Hey,” he said, greeting whoever was at the door.

“Um, hi, is, is Honda-Kun here?”

Kyo looked up at the old woman before him. Her pale blue eyes searched him. There was something wrong with this, something very wrong. Kyo didn’t know what it was but something felt really wrong.

The old woman before him threw her long wisps of pale blond hair from her face. The color of her face, it seemed, had left. “Is she?” She asked.

“Is she…?” Kyo repeated, then remembered. “Tohru went to visit her grandfather.”

“She never…” The woman fell silent. “Yes, yes, okay, I am sorry to have bothered you, I must get going.”

“Did something…..?” Kyo didn’t know what had gotten over him then, but that feeling, that feeling of something wrong seemed to grow just then. “Did something to her?”

The woman looked towards the floor before her strong gaze met with Kyo’s orange eyes. “She, Honda-kun, she never made it to her grandfather’s.”

Kyo’s eyes widened. “Never…made it?”

The woman nodded. “You see, I am a close friend of her aunt. Of her family really. But today, they told me her grandfather is becoming very sick, recently, he hasn’t been able to say much. They say he’s going to die soon. It’s terrible news, I know. But today, today he insisted on Honda-kun coming to visit him. He said he wanted to eat with ‘Kyoko’ again. So his daughter obeyed and asked for Honda-kun to come. She called before saying she would leave back at three PM, but that has been hours ago and they might think Tohru had some other business to attend to so I was sent here to ask.” The woman smiled a sad smile, “but that is quite alright, I am sorry to have wasted your time, but I need to get going, I need to continue my search. So,” The woman gave a slight bow. “Goodbye.”

“Uh, bye.”

The woman smiled once again before making her way to the front gates of the Sohma home.

She never made it.

Tohru never made it to her grandfather’s house.

So if she didn’t, where was she? Where was she now? Was she in danger? Was she crying somewhere? Was she hurt?

“Kyo?” Shigure popped his head out from the kitchen. “Who was that?”

“No one,” Kyo said, widening the door. “I’m going out.” Without even waiting for Shigure’s reply, Kyo slammed the door shut. It was getting dark out, there weren’t good people out at night; just gangs and drunks.

“Ehh?” Shigure sighed. “I swear, he treats me like trash.” He chuckled to himself. “Well, now I can order take-out for myse-elf!” The young adult sang as he reached for his silver phone.

“Honda-san’s not cooking?”

Shigure looked up just as he had punched in the phone number. “Oh, Yuki! I thought you would come home sooner.”

“I had some last minute Student Council things to finish up.” The silver haired Sohma explained. He tiredly allowed his backpack to slip off his shoulders. “It seems like all we’re doing now is arguing.”

“Ooh, so have you gotten any closer to your goal?”

“No,” Yuki crossed his arms over his chest. “Never mind that, what was that you were saying about take-out?”

“We’re having take-out tonight,” Shigure said smiling. “So, would you like some duck or just octopus?”

“Why isn’t Honda-san cooking?” Yuki asked. “Is she sick again?”

“No, nothing like that.” The raven haired Sohma shook his head. “She just went to visit her grandfather.”

“So…” Yuki looked down towards the floor. “Where was Kyo going?”

“On a walk.”
    ~*~*~*~*~

“Tohru! Tohru! Tohru, where are you?!” Kyo shouted while cupping his mouth. He had been searching for sometime now, but Tohru was nowhere to be seen.

Had she gotten kidnapped?

Knowing her, she probably befriended the kidnapper and was making food for him somewhere graciously.

Still, Kyo cupped his mouth again and began calling for her, this feeling, this feeling of sadness that had overcome him when he’d figured out she had gone missing couldn’t go away.

But it was understandable, right? For him to miss her like this. They were friends after all; it was expected of him in fact.

Kyo pulled his jacket closer together. With every minute he spent here, he spent looking for her, night came closer. With every minute, the moon became more and more visible.

Why did he think he could find her?

“Tohru!”

“Kyo-kun?”

Kyo swerved to see where the voice had come from, somewhere in the woods. “Tohru?”

And sure enough, Tohru’s brown head came popping up from between the trees. “Kyo-kun, what are you doing out so late.”

“Hey,” he said punching her lightly on the forehead. “That’s my line.”

Tohru looked up at Kyo, gazing up at him. “Did something happen at home?” She continued. “Did something happen to Shigure-san?”

Kyo looked down at Tohru. He couldn’t tell whether or not she had been lost or kidnapped, but what he could tell was that she was crying.

“Or maybe Yuki-kun got hurt?” She guessed.

“Everyone is worried about you,” Kyo said, not taking his eyes off of her. “Your grandfather sent some lady to find you, she came to our house just to see.” Now Kyo’s eyes drifted up to the bi silver crescent above. “How come you never went to your grandfather’s? How come when you told Shigure you were going there?”

Tohru looked away from Kyo, but he could tell her eyes were filling up with tears.

“What’s on your mind?” Kyo asked. “Don’t worry you can tell me.”

But maybe she was already telling him.

“I’m sorry,” the young teen sobbed. “I’m sorry I worried you all Kyo-kun. I’m really sorry,” She sniffled. “I wanted to go to my grandfather’s, I was all ready to go but then I tripped and fell in to the woods.”

“You’re worried about him aren’t you?”

“Huh?” Tohru looked up, confused.

Kyo wanted to hug her then, or do something to show her it would be alright, everything, would be alright. Because just as she was there for him, he would be there for her. “You’re worried about him,” Kyo said again as he wiped Tohru’s tears away. “Why else… would you choose now of all times to lie?”

“I-I-I,” Tohru looked down at the floor. “I’m sorry!” She cried. “He is always there for me, when I had no place else to go, he invited me in. When I hadn’e wanted to live with him, but with you and everyone else, he agreed with that. Now he is passing away and it is the first time he’s requested anything of me. The least I could do was have a nice meal with him; one last nice meal to put him at rest, to make his passing on easier. But today, on my way there, the more I thought about it, about his last meal, the more I hadn’t wanted to go. I was being selfish for not going, but then, I had this foolish idea, if I didn’t eat, maybe, maybe he’d survive just one more day. But there was this voice in my head, this voice that kept saying that that wasn’t what would happen. That whether or not he and I had this meal, he would still move on. He would move on and meet up with mom too maybe. He would meet them like he said he wanted to back when he threw out his back. He would pass on and I would stay here. And then I had a more foolish idea, maybe I should just never show up, never show up so I wouldn’t say goodbye. I wasn’t there for dad, I wasn’t there for… mom. So, maybe, not him either. But that was selfish of me, very selfish. All he wanted was one nice meal, and all I could do was worry him. But that voice, that voice in my head…” Tohru looked up at Kyo then, her blue eyes full of tears then. “That voice, sounded like your’s.”

Kyo, what do you wish for?

Kyo stared down at Tohru in surprise but she was serious. It sounded like his voice.

Kyo’s face softened. It wasn’t unusual for her to not want to go to her grandfather’s. She had already lost too many people, so this was understandable. He reached for Tohru’s hand. It was good that she cried every now and then. It was good that she wanted what everyone else wanted, to be needed, to have someone to need. It was good to know that she had times when she needed help with her life too.

“Kyo-kun?”

“Come on,” Kyo said, pulling Tohru out of the woods. “Let’s go.”

“Ah, but, um, may I ask where we’re going?”

“To your grandfather’s, it’s very dangerous out right now, so it’s not good for you to be out alone right now.”

“Eh? But, but,” Tohru paused. “He’ll be mad.”

“No, he won’t,” Kyo smiled. “I bet… he’ll just be happy to have that one last meal.”

Tohru fell silent then and Kyo knew what she was thinking about then, her mother most probably. Or maybe the sky.

“It’s pretty out.”

“Yeah,” Kyo replied looking up at the ebony sky that seemed to stretch on forever.

She was thinking about the sky.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

How did you like that? Good? Bad? TELL ME! Well, as I have mentioned before, this is the first time I’ve attempted to write a fanfic for Fruits Basket, maybe some time in the future I’ll try actual fics and not a one0-shot.
    Oh God, I NEED to go to the bathroom so BYE!
    ~*Uza-chan's Good bye*~

IS SUPAH FIIIINE

OMGG!! *is crying* I LOVED IT UZUMAKIHINATA!! YOU SHOULD TOTALLY WRITE MORE FRUITS BASKET FAN-FICTIONS, THIS IS WONDERFUL!! 10/10 from me!

Thanks always, Orenji-chan
    P.S. TOHRUXKYO FOREVER!! ^^

OMG !!!!!

and to think I actually watched this 6 or so years ago !!! brings so many memories...

Yes, I support this ship...much more than Yuki x Tohru, and I just melted when I saw this....THANK YOU FOR DOING THIS !!!

this part was my favourite :
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzamaki Hinata View Post
    Knowing her, she probably befriended the kidnapper and was making food for him somewhere graciously.
    Man, for me to review propperly, I just need to know one thing :

Is this happenning before or after Tohru saw Kyo's true monster form, not just the cute little fluffy cat he truns in ? xD

Because he seamed a little less short tempered and arrogant than I recall, if this is happenning before...
    He really calmed down after that...

a few typos, one grammer mistake
    the more I hadn’t wanted to go
    pretty sure that it's : didn't want to go

I like it, I really like it !!
    I would certainly read a Fruits Basket fanfic coming from you if you decide to write one !
    Because of serebiiforums, my Life has been put on hold...

...wait, that sounds wrong...
    ...yeah, it's the other way around.

My Works : A, B, C, D, E

Thank you for those awesome reviews you guys. Really.
    hmm, maybe I will write another fruits basket fanfic.
    Maybe, but I have my hands full with IP2(which I WILL update later today hopefully) and, well, there's school, and friends and all, blah, you know, just busy. I have a four day weekend next week, so maybe I'll do it next week.
    But whateves, I just wanted to say, thankies.
    As to your question shadow shipper, this happens AFTER Tohru saw his true monster form, actuallly, it takes place more after the 12th volume of fruits basket(cannot recall exact chapter at the moment)
    And thank you to those who voted but didn't review, THANK YOU!(not sarcasm if you thought it was)
    I have to start typing the 7th chap of IP2, adios!
    ~*Uza-chan's Good bye*~

IS SUPAH FIIIINE

As to your question shadow shipper, this happens AFTER Tohru saw his true monster form
    Yeah...that explains it : Kyo really did calm down and open up a lot more after that whole thing...so the character was in perfectly !

yes...school....dammit...
    not much we can do there

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_shipper View Post
    Yeah...that explains it : Kyo really did calm down and open up a lot more after that whole thing...so the character was in perfectly !

yes...school....dammit...
    not much we can do there
    True, true, but hey? I'm on break! *throws out streamers*

Yes, Kyo did open up, even more so now, where the manga is anyway.

If you like Fruits Basket, why don't you read the manga? We're heading on to book # 16! Woo hoo!
    ~*Uza-chan's Good bye*~

IS SUPAH FIIIINE

OMG. I'm crying. That was amazing. I am a huge fan of Fruits Basket, and Kyo/Tohru. I am so glad someone finally wrote a story on them! I think for sure you could do a real story. This one-shot was a great start, but I would absolutley LOVE a story. Please notify me if you do! =) Again, great one shot. 10/10 for sure.

--HelloKitty17 =)
    [IMG]http://i26.*******.com/246057s.jpg[/IMG]
    kyo sohma is my bishie (:

&*heres__ to the note |she| wrote
    well RAISE a finger
    obscene g e s t u r e s , so she said
    but i only said sweet things to get you in b e d;

touch me, tease me - a day away
    drew club + couples claimed ___.

If you like Fruits Basket, why don't you read the manga? We're heading on to book # 16! Woo hoo!
    *sings* Money money money xD

I don't have that much money to spend on mangas, and even if I wanted to (and believe me, some mangas like Naruto and Pokemon, I really want to...) there's just no bookstore here nearby where I live which sells them...

*sigh*

oh well....that's life...

anyway, on topic : are you planning to do more ? or are Moonsay and IP2 taking up all your time ?

Quote Originally Posted by HelloKitty17 View Post
    OMG. I'm crying. That was amazing. I am a huge fan of Fruits Basket, and Kyo/Tohru. I am so glad someone finally wrote a story on them! I think for sure you could do a real story. This one-shot was a great start, but I would absolutley LOVE a story. Please notify me if you do! =) Again, great one shot. 10/10 for sure.

--HelloKitty17 =)
    Thank you so much! Hee, thank you for your confidence in me, I'll try my best to get an actual fanfic up... someday. Soon, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_shipper
    *sings* Money money money xD

I don't have that much money to spend on mangas, and even if I wanted to (and believe me, some mangas like Naruto and Pokemon, I really want to...) there's just no bookstore here nearby where I live which sells them...

*sigh*

oh well....that's life...

anyway, on topic : are you planning to do more ? or are Moonsay and IP2 taking up all your time ?
    Money= problems. But whenever I can't get the money, I just check it out at the library(although, also thanks to location, I live by the crappiest library ever)

BUt you know, mangas such as Naruto should be easy to find. But as for Pokemon, I read one or two mangas a long time ago and never got back to it since, But the manga I did read was very funny.

Ah, back on topic!

I'll try my best to write something Fruits Basket-y soon, but I'm going back to school on Monday(nooooooo!) So maybe next weekend and if not then, summer, because finals are coming up soon. And other than school and life, Moonsay and IP2 take up some time, okay, a lot of time XD
    ~*Uza-chan's Good bye*~

IS SUPAH FIIIINE

Thank you so much! Hee, thank you for your confidence in me, I'll try my best to get an actual fanfic up... someday. Soon, maybe?
    That would be excellent. Actually, whenever would be excellent! I can never find to many realistic fruits basket (kyoxtohru) fics. This is by far my favorite. =)
    [IMG]http://i26.*******.com/246057s.jpg[/IMG]
    kyo sohma is my bishie (:

&*heres__ to the note |she| wrote
    well RAISE a finger
    obscene g e s t u r e s , so she said
    but i only said sweet things to get you in b e d;

touch me, tease me - a day away
    drew club + couples claimed ___.

I dislike kyotohru >< So I have no idea why I'm here :P But this fic surprised me, as someone mentioned, too lazy to check who, it's really hard to find good Fruits Basket fics, so I'm really happy you wrote one despite it not being my shipping of choice. The description was really good : D and Kyo too bad it isn't Yuki and Tohru were just perfect! I was so sad for Tohru though, her grandpa dying like that D: But I'm happy Kyo talked her out of it. The fic was cute and short, I would complain review more if I didn't already know what you're planning on next, heheheheheh.

Till then, awesome writing as always Uza ! And omg, I even got a little piece of Yuki! 8D

I've had a really
    good time at SPPF

but now it's time
    to say good bye

Until next time
    Pokewiz

Cool I always thought that shipping would come into play one of these days

char char

Oh wow, this thing's been dead for a year now, thanks for giving it life again =D

@ Pokewiz: lol, you make me not want to write Yuki x Tohru :P thanks for the reivew!

@ pikachu200: Yay? thanks for the review xP
    ~*Uza-chan's Good bye*~

IS SUPAH FIIIINE