Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: O'er the Rampardos We Watched! (486)

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario280 View Post
    Glad that Hikari's skirt will remain the same size.
    I gues it COULD remain the same size. For all we know, the FCC may change something or the writers might do something.

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    I gues it COULD remain the same size. For all we know, the FCC may change something or the writers might do something.
    Given that Jessie's "skirt" has always been even shorter and never gets edited (as far as I know), I don't see thsi happening.

People just notice Hikari more because her skirt is actually long enough to be instantly recognized as a skirt.

Really, people worry too much about edits. Even with 4kids it almost never happened (that is edits related to supposedly explicit content,weird word and food edits did happen).
    The defender of all things Pokemon! I shall defend Pokemon from all who speak against it! AKA Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Oh, alright...

Anyway, I digress, anyone think that Naetoru was using WITHDRAW when he was spinning beneath Rampard?
    Could someone answer this, please?

No, it didn't. And be more patient about that, no need to ask the same question twice on one page.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I'm late getting my grubby little hand's on this episode, but I'll have at it:

First of people, I thought the choreographing was very sub par compaired to the Zugadoisu match. There were too many interuptions and very bland animation. It just didn't feel fluid. I didn't get any sense that the attacks were connecting like the other battle. Then again, the animators are shucking this cartoon out faster than a fat chick eating popcorn.

I wanted to see Aipom and Geodude duke it out fist-to-fist and my wishes weren't granted. Guess I was expecting a Mike Tyson fight, but whatever. And here we have Pikachu running up another monsters tails. And I swear, if I saw one more "rolling ballerina" dodge I would have stuck my finger down my throat. I'm not familiar with the animation directors, but for the love of all that is humane: Come back soon 484 guy/gal!

On a positive side, I really enjoyed Rampuardo's anime voice. It wasn't just some random Giant Bad A** voice, but more a lizardy/dinosaur sound. Now I can see how some people are aggravated when the dubs substitute the originals. (enlighten me S.Suikun)

The evolution power up of Reminiscant Headbutt was kinda sweet. Pikachu nearly got his goose cooked trying to attack while Rampuardo was using it.

errrrrrrrr.... That's it I suppose. Roserade without a doubt will make it's debut next gym battle (double Naetoru fight anyone?). Will that pretty bouquet get the same treatment as Zugadoisu's second battle?
    Last edited by PANCAKE; 6th February 2007 at 6:49 AM.
    Monkeys are rather expensive :-|

Welp all in all I'd say that was a very good gym battle full of intresting twists and turns. Finally Ash has broken his losing streak and in doing so we get to see his skills as the advanced trainer he really is with his pokemon pulling off some sweet moves.

My only real complaint is that Tommorow makes louzy battle music. But thankfully the instramental music in the rest of the episode was spot on.

Glad to see he finally won something major for the first time this season. It's funny how Satoshi's losing streak began when he switched from his AG outfit to his DP clothes. Gives you a slight suspicion...

Looks like they might actually develop the whole Pikachu+Mimirou idea. Nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by boyangfriday View Post
    If black and white are the official names im gonna have to get black to not be racist, but also get white to not look obviously not racist.

The DP clothes are bad luck for Satoshi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aipom View Post
    So get the hell out of this topic before I give both you and Shikamaru infractions for being insensitive pricks and posting with intent to annoy others, because you're sure as hell annoying me right now, with your stupidity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Phelps View Post
    It sounds like you need Jesus.

Meh, the writers could make him improve somehow.

I. Love. Rampard.

I didn't care for it much, but after seeing it in action and having it "prrrrrr", I really need to get one in my Pearl ASAP.

I say this was the best Rock Gym. No Plot Device Fire Safety Devices and no Pikachu hogging the spotlight. Heck, this may be the best first Gym Battle (I haven't watched the Falkner episode in awhile though)

It probably is the best, but I remember Falkner's being good too, I just haven't seen it in a long time.

Roxanne's was good, but nothing really that special. And Brock's barely even had a battle in it.

Falkner's match was pretty awesome, considering how since Ash didn't dump his Kanto pokes off at Oak's before heading to Johto, the writers armed Falkner with some pretty dang powerful Pokemon. His Dodrio was badass.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

I kinda wish he did dump his Kanto dudes. They seemed to really detract from his Johto Team.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    I. Love. Rampard.

I didn't care for it much, but after seeing it in action and having it "prrrrrr", I really need to get one in my Pearl ASAP.

I say this was the best Rock Gym. No Plot Device Fire Safety Devices and no Pikachu hogging the spotlight. Heck, this may be the best first Gym Battle (I haven't watched the Falkner episode in awhile though)
    Rampard isn't in Pearl. Only Diamond.
    Quote Originally Posted by boyangfriday View Post
    If black and white are the official names im gonna have to get black to not be racist, but also get white to not look obviously not racist.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    It probably is the best, but I remember Falkner's being good too, I just haven't seen it in a long time.

Roxanne's was good, but nothing really that special. And Brock's barely even had a battle in it.
    Just shows that the writers are learning from their mistakes, at least.

I'm sure that 6th gym leader in anime will be hyouta's father and it will have toridepusu, or shieldon that will evolve.

This is a greatest episode I've seen until this far..
    WHY? TOGEPI, WHY? Curse you and your Metronome that lost me an Exp. Share.

*fangirlsqueal* I saw this episode, and Hyouta sounds so smexi! I can't wait to hear his dub voice... hopefully it isn't as bad as his dub name.
    #spp chat staff; drews_girl kintana tenten mello akemi karin && pm chat complaints please.
    fantastic pair \\ epic twin
    i do the #spp nightshift. [x] couldn't do it alone [x] thanks guys <3 [/CENTER]

Banner > 46800 pixels so it was ~removed~! Read the signature rules.

I did like how they made his team always change so you wouldn't know who you were about to fight

[

Man, this episode was wack. I seriously hate the writers of the show because they make Ash get away with too much sh*t. For instances, How the heck was Roark's Onix hurt by Pikachu's Thunderbolt when it didn't even set off the sprinkles like it did against Brock? And why didn't Rampardos's Flamethrower just go through Turtwig's Razor Leaf & directly hit it?

This episode was great. It was great to see that Ash has his own personal cheerleader (*cough couch* Gary*). The part with Pikachu breaking Stealth Rock was pretty cool. I thought Geodude sounded a slightly robotic this time compared to his battle with Paul a couple episodes back. The spinning dodge Ash used with his pokemon was pretty cool. I found it cool when TR backed off when Croagunk advanced towards them. I found it funny when Croagunk hit Jessie with Poison Jab. I thought it was cool how Turtwig was able to throw Rampardos. It was cool how they played the theme song during the Turtwig-Rampardos battle. The gym battle was really cool. It was pretty funny how Croagunk just showed up at the end of the battle after making TR flee.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

The theme song during the battle sort of ruined the whole moment for me, at least a new part of it was played. The dodging by spinning thing was cool at first, but got a little old after the Turtwig started doing it. The episode as a whole was pretty good, despite those few moments.
    Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerdude View Post
    The theme song during the battle sort of ruined the whole moment for me, at least a new part of it was played.
    I'm suprised they did that to be honest, but hey it was pretty funny, and too be fair they did somewhat follow the original japanese episode by doing it.

Yea, the song did mess it up. The one thing I dint understand is why dint the flamethrower keep goin after it burned through the leaves? In any otha battle it wulda did that.
    Indigo's PokePet

Static the level 72 Pichu!

banner made by Bonsly-Bud
    I will pull together all electric pokemon and become the greatest electric trainer of them all!!!

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should win with their favorites." (If u believe this, put it in your signature, and plz give credit to me for starting)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast