Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: O'er the Rampardos We Watched! (486)

I liked evry minute of this episode, untill the theme song was played at the end, then I was like barf....

I don't particullarly like it when they put theme songs as battle music, unless it actually works, and Im sorry but that just does not work, I actually had to focus harder to hear what roark was saying.

but I still liked pikachus little samurai pose, croagunk killing jessie (jk) and rampardos himself, rampardos is cool, but also adorable in some poses, especially when rampardos uses flamethrower while sitting comfortably on the ground, just seeing that made me want to put one in my pearl version. aipom was good as always.

and does geodude still have teeth, I remember he ha teeth in shinji's battle but I don't remember if he did in this one ah well.

roark talking about comic books made me laugh too.

the only beef I had other than the theme song, was roarks obsessive need to explain evry move that happened in the battle instead of brock, I mean I don't mind if the sideline people are talkative, but the actuall battler seriously, tone down the talking and start battiling.

Rampardos is now my all time number 1 favorite rock type, although not that I like that many rock types anyway, but meh.

oh and one last thing, for rampardos being a rock type its tail was rather squishy, when turtwig bit down on it, kinda weird.

i haven't seen the Japanese version of the episode yet (i plan to when i get a chance to download it though) so can someone tell me what was played in the Japanese version near the end of the battle? i will admit that while the dub using their lame rap was not the best idea, it sure did get me by surprise.

I liked this epsiode. Though I didn't get the whole Croagunk thing. I also didn't understand how Pikachu wasn't able to defeat Rampardos when Pikachu should be 10x stronger than him, then Tutwig was able to. (the irony in this being Roark is the first gym new trainers battle in Sinnoh, so if Pikachu, who should be 10x stronger than Rampardos couldn't defeat him, how do you think other new trainers that are just starting out are gonna do against him?). But overall I liked this episode & found it amusing the Croagunk returned just in time for Brock not to notice he was gone. lol
    My Nephew's Pokemon Diamond Team

I use My favourite pokemon, and I don't care about what pokemon are good or not. If you agree then copy and paste this into your sig
    (Started by BlazikenBud)

Quote Originally Posted by uncutpokemon View Post
    i haven't seen the Japanese version of the episode yet (i plan to when i get a chance to download it though) so can someone tell me what was played in the Japanese version near the end of the battle? i will admit that while the dub using their lame rap was not the best idea, it sure did get me by surprise.
    The DP intro theme - "Together".

It doesn't really feel like battle music, and it hasn't actually been used since, so maybe their music director realized how inappropriate it felt.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Yeah, it's more of a song to play during a "fun montage".

i think the part where the theme played WOULD have been epic...of the theme were actually cool XD

I liked the ep, i beat roark with a turtwig so really I wasnt surprized ash could do it, even if it was a rampardos XD he used some good strategy by going under. he must have some good communication with his pokemon in order to have them do specific things like that, he totally did good training.

I also liked how pikachu blew away the rocks too, hes tottally bad-a. the hurting the onix with the thunderbolt was odd..but then again it was prolly just stunning it more than hurting it.

I enjoyed this episode. Still loving those battle animations like Double-edge and Screech.

I'm really liking the whole Pikachu/Buneary thing the writers got going on. After 10+ years of just being on Ash's shoulder and blasting off Team Rocket nearly every eppy, the writers are giving it a little life of it's own. It'd be cool to see how far this thing goes this generation!

The scenes with Croagunk and Team Rocket were hilarious! Croagunk is now another one of my favorite Pokemon in the anime!

heheh, Croagunk scene again. I love it.

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    The DP intro theme - "Together".
    i figured as much! in which case, i will say that in addition to PUSA replacing the song with a slightly better song (during the climax of a battle rock & rollish music >>> whatever tybe of music "Together" even falls under the category of), i also think that this is a sign that the dub is starting to be handled more like the way it was handled during the 1st season (back when most of the music was kept, and the Japanese openings were simply replaced with their crappy English equivalents) i wonder if this is a sign?

-Very clever with the title pun yesterday. It only works if it's the day before Independence Day and you live in the U.S.
    -Croagunk! You've got to love it! Whether it's beating Team Rocket or supplying comic relief!
    -Dawn in the cheerleaders outfit made me have some ugly flashbacks! You know the ones:
    "Gary, Gary, he's the best"
    Yeah, those ones!
    -The battle was great, all the way up until Rampardos vs Turtwig and they played that bullcrap theme song. Found it WAY TOO ANNOYING!

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Croagunk's scenes were great, I loved how Brock didn't even notice it was gone

Great battle, especially Turtwig v Rampardos. Would've liked Sudowoodo to join in with the cheerleading though.

9/10

Good episode, only one problem:
    Is it just me or does Roark's voice sound terrible? It sounds so forced and strange.
    Please Read these before posting your team:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=212604
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=171602
    Please don't be blind. Listen to people's suggestions.

It surprised me when the opening music started. It was distracting.
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon , I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)
    Name: Mao
    Friend Code: 3351 0580 2242

I know a lot of people hate to hear this but Asah can battle I like how he adated to the situation hes getting a lot better and crouank seems like a powerful pokemon that know one knows about taking out team rocket without doin much and without needin brock it makes me laguh.

The episode was good, I thought the battle between Aipom and Geodude was very short, the US theme song at the last battle was too loud I could barely hear the battle commands it would have been better just to here the japanese tune.
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

For another gym battle episode, I suprised less original music made it in. I pretty sure I heard more original music in DP16 than this one. Oh well...

The episode itself is good (you just gotta love Turtwig throwing its weight around if you catch my drift). The whole thing in which Ash learns a lot from what Dawn did, that's great. Suprised how Rampardos falls so easily from Turtwig, yet Pikachu struggles just to inflict damage. I mean, come on. Pikachu's way more skillful than that.
    Haxorus has been pitted against a Raticate in a pokemon battle. Who will get to make the first move?

Against Rampardos you mean? Have you forgotten that Pikachu had already taken heavy damage from the first round? -_-

The Croagunk/TR scenes almost stole the spotlight from the rest of the episode. Good thing the battle was so good.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    Against Rampardos you mean? Have you forgotten that Pikachu had already taken heavy damage from the first round? -_-

The Croagunk/TR scenes almost stole the spotlight from the rest of the episode. Good thing the battle was so good.
    No, I didn't forget.

I think Pikachu only got what, 1 attack in? Even when Pikachu's weak, it's usually able to last longer in tough matches (like against Piloswine and Regice for example).

It's just when Turtwig came out, it seemed like Ash was running along easy street. I guess the writers wanted to showcase how strong Turtwig could be (which would make a lot of sense, but still...).

Yeah, the Croagunk part was good. The best thing about it... Brock never even noticed Croagunk dissappeared to face Team Rocket.
    Haxorus has been pitted against a Raticate in a pokemon battle. Who will get to make the first move?

Quote Originally Posted by uncutpokemon View Post
    i figured as much! in which case, i will say that in addition to PUSA replacing the song with a slightly better song (during the climax of a battle rock & rollish music >>> whatever tybe of music "Together" even falls under the category of), i also think that this is a sign that the dub is starting to be handled more like the way it was handled during the 1st season (back when most of the music was kept, and the Japanese openings were simply replaced with their crappy English equivalents) i wonder if this is a sign?
    The Bidoof/Steelix ep is going to be interesting, just to see if they play some form of the Battle Frontier theme.

(*snickers imagining Piplup contest-battling Prinlup to the tune of "I Wanna Be a Hero"*)

You're a Snover. I'm a Fire-Type. This amuses me.

This episode is one of my favourites so far. More Rampardos screentime, and Ash battling to the best of his abilities. Seeing him utilise a move he learnt from Dawn was so good, it was nice to see him incorporate this into his battle.

Turtwig owned, the little thing can pack a punch. And having the opening theme music was brilliant, went really well with the battle. Great episode.

Quote Originally Posted by cassius335 View Post
    (*snickers imagining Piplup contest-battling Prinlup to the tune of "I Wanna Be a Hero"*)

Actually, they sometimes seem to keep the Japanese Openings when it's just the music. They kept Advance Adventure when Ash battled Paul in the forest.

---

I must be the only one here who LIKES the DP Dub Theme and was glad to hear it in the fight. Also, the best line was Roark's: "Between battles I don't just sit around reading comic books, Ash."
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Four Karen
    Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best.
    Take a step and I'm on my way. Gonna start all over again!

A much better episode than the previous two, I actually enjoyed Ash's strategies, unlike his first battle against Roark.

Rampardos, well, what can I say, it is amazing, though at one point, I noticed something...odd...so I went back and discovered some wrong colouring

The music was good up until near the end where they played the dub theme, it was cheesy and unneeded in my eyes.

Croagunk makes me love it more and more each time it is shown, though it doesn't really even DO much, it's whole persona is great.

7/10
    Subliminal rules: how to live, how to die.

FB ~ PC ~ PASBL

The battle wasn't too bad. They also had good explanations to why Ash was having those little tricks up his sleeve. It was great. The worst thing that could have happened was the intro music being played during the epic battle.

That killed the whole episode for me. The battle - 8/10 The intro music during the battle - 3/10
    Proud Member Of The The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club! ( Co-Owner )
    Join The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club!

[IMG]http://i4.*******.com/81jbbqx.png[/IMG]
    Credit Goes To Knight_Ram For This Trainer Card.

Xbox360 - Gamertag - Taniwha Ranger

When the intro played, I laughed so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBuddyBud View Post
    When the intro played, I laughed so hard.
    It can't be THAT bad, can it?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast