Thread: Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2

Default Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2

Since no one else cares enough. The game is an actual sequel to UtK1, set in between Second Opinion and New Blood. It's back on the DS, and all that fun stuff.

Just came out today, too. I'm getting it tomorrow when I trade in MKWii and can actually get a ride to Gamestop.

Can't wait to get this. Did some research on the Internet and found some new crap.
        Spoiler:- Some story stuff:

I played the game by other means today and I actually liked it. The original was too hard for me but this one has an Easy, Normal, and Hard mode that you can switch between throughout the game. I plan to get it either as a gift for my birthday or buy it myself. \

I may also get New Blood for the Wii ^_^

~Scott

3DS: 1590 4683 0583, Wii:1455 7087 4777 5760, PSN: MidnightScott

I love the Nintendo 3DS, games owned: 17
    Japanese Flare Red 3DS GET! 1891 1352 3198

Didn't realize it came out yesterday, fhqwhgads. I should've asked you about the release earlier today. ^_^;

Either way, since I'm getting a bit bored now with the lack of titles, I think I'll go out and pick it up this week. It looks good and I enjoyed the difficulty settings able to be changed in Second Opinion.

I'm definitely getting this. I've enjoyed all the other games. Although I have yet to buy New Blood. -Mumbles- And it's good to hear that it has a Easy, Normal and Hard modes.

I picked it up the day it came out, and it was awesome. The story is the best in the series but if your like me and have played through the whole series the operations can be a little underwhelming because there weren't any new standard procedures, just new situations. For example in New Blood trating burns with skin graphs was introduced, but it wasn't until Under the Knife 2 that you treated burns on the throat from corrosive poison. A couple of the origonal GUILT strains (Kyriaki, Tetarti, and Pempti) were mutated to be a little harder and there are four new strains of GUILT.

As for the difficulty, the first wasn't too hard for me so the difficulty setting just gives me more content.

I picked it up the day it came out, and it was awesome. The story is the best in the series but if your like me and have played through the whole series the operations can be a little underwhelming because there weren't any new standard procedures, just new situations. For example in New Blood trating burns with skin graphs was introduced, but it wasn't until Under the Knife 2 that you treated burns on the throat from corrosive poison. A couple of the origonal GUILT strains (Kyriaki, Tetarti, and Pempti) were mutated to be a little harder and there are four new strains of GUILT.

As for the difficulty, the first wasn't too hard for me so the difficulty setting just gives me more content.

I'm very greatly enjoying this game so far. I just picked it up today and haven't had time enough to sit down in one place and play it, but I managed to get through to episode 5 of chapter 3 which I am about to start.

One thing I will say, I feel that they have definately made the character's mature a lot more than in the previous game. I do have quarrels with how they're shaping Derek Stiles to be, though. They seem to be focusing more on others around him rather than how he's developing now. It seems almost as if he's a hollow persona...I hope this turns around later on...

It will in the next chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebi.master View Post
    It will in the next chapter.
    Yeah. I'm on chapter 5-6 now and more impressed now than I was before.

I've never played a TC game before, and I just downloaded the demo for UtK2 off the Nintendo Channel. I like it, so I might buy it. However, should I play the first game before I play this one?
    not dead

I'd suggest you to play UtK1 first Trashmeister, 'cause as much as I know the games are related story-wise.

As for me, I'm probably getting it this week or something, I just hope it will be a bit more longer than the first, cause I finished under the knife in like 15-20 hours.

The new difficulty setting stuff looks alright.

Sounds cool. is it really gorey?

Quote Originally Posted by GiratinaShaymin<3 View Post
    Sounds cool. is it really gorey?
    You cut up people and take a look at their insides, find some man-made virus and go LAZAR LAZAR PEW PEW PEW on it. Gory enough for you?

Quote Originally Posted by The Thrashmeister View Post
    I've never played a TC game before, and I just downloaded the demo for UtK2 off the Nintendo Channel. I like it, so I might buy it. However, should I play the first game before I play this one?
    It recaps the first, so you don't have to, but should. It'd be better to go from UtK to UtK2 than the other way around.

Also, got this game on the 7th, and beat it on the 7th. Seven hours well spent. Still working through Hard.

Edit: Wow, just realized that makes 777.

Quote Originally Posted by fhqwhgads View Post

Also, got this game on the 7th, and beat it on the 7th. Seven hours well spent. Still working through Hard.

Edit: Wow, just realized that makes 777.
    The apocalypse is upon us! Run for your lives~~

My brother bought it for me the other day, along with New Blood, and Apollo Justice

I have yet to play it, but have been playing New Blood like crazy. I already played Under the Knife 2 by other means which shall not be made known.

I like the Trauma Center games, they are awesome =D

~Scott

3DS: 1590 4683 0583, Wii:1455 7087 4777 5760, PSN: MidnightScott

I love the Nintendo 3DS, games owned: 17
    Japanese Flare Red 3DS GET! 1891 1352 3198

New Blood is the worst of the series, you go play UtK2 now.

It recaps the first, so you don't have to, but should. It'd be better to go from UtK to UtK2 than the other way around
    Alrighty... I think I'll just rent the first one then though.
    not dead

I'll look for the demo on the Nintendo Channel and try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    I'll look for the demo on the Nintendo Channel and try it out.
    Ignore the demo's music, none of it made it to the final game, not even the operation intro/extro.

*beep* sorry, wrong answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebi.master View Post
    *beep* sorry, wrong answer.
    Good job with that thar backing up.