SEGA Europe Ltd. and SEGA of America, Inc. today announced that the arcade hit Ghost Squad, is being developed for the Nintendo Wii™. Developed by the SEGA AM2 arcade division, Ghost Squad will use the Wii Remote™ as a multi-purpose tool to allow players easy control of the on-screen targeting of enemies, defusing bombs, and rescuing hostages. The daring Ghost Squad battle to bring peace to the world begins early 2008.
Set in a world overrun with terrorism where the U.N. has been forced into creating the Global Humanitarian-Operation and Special Tactics Squad aka “Ghost Squad.” This team of elite soldiers comprise of the best of the best from both domestic and foreign military and special operations forces. Players signing up for the Ghost Squad will gain first hand experience of missions involving tremendous stealth, executing extreme prejudice upon terrorist subjects, and leaving a target area with no trace of being there.
“Ghost Squad was a great success at the arcades because it provided players with instantly exciting gameplay, coupled alongside well thought out pace,” said Gary Knight, European Marketing Director, SEGA Europe Ltd. “The Wii version has mirrored this entirely and is a brilliant way to bring all the arcade excitement into gamers homes. Ghost Squad utilises the Wii Remote perfectly as a light gun, resulting in the game being a total blast.”
Within a squad of four operatives, players will have to traverse three different mission locations, each comprising of multiple levels, with the possibility of unlocking over 25 high-powered weapons as they progress. Each level has a series of alternate routes, providing players with varying challenges as enemies ambush from unexpected and surprising hideouts. Weapon selection is varied across a wide range of weapon types from machine guns, submachine guns, pistols, sniper rifles, shotguns, and even crossbows.
Ghost Squad features four different modes of play including Arcade mode, Multiplayer mode, Training mode, and Special mode. Players can also track their personal performances against other players via the Wii’s online functionality.
Ghost Squad will be available across Europe in early 2008. For more information on Ghost Squad and other SEGA titles please visit www.sega-europe.com
Genre: Gun Shooter
Release Date: Holiday 2007
The smash arcade title with light gun combat comes to the WiiTM
The Ghost Squad is a Special Forces unit established in strict secrecy by the U.N. to combat terrorism and carry out special highly-classified missions without leaving a trace. As an elite member of the Ghost Squad, players will complete dangerous missions such as eliminating terrorist groups, releasing hostages, deactivating bombs, and even rescuing the US President when terrorists hijack Air Force One! Using the Wii Remote™, players will utilize revolutionary selectable weapons including a high powered rifle, sub machine and shot gun, or even engage in hand-to-hand combat.
* 4 gameplay modes – Includes the full arcade version of Ghost Squad, a Multiplayer mode for 1-4 players and more
* 3 dangerous missions to complete - with multiple levels that increase in difficulty as the player progresses. Players will also unlock a variety of alternate routes, different player choice scenarios, and secret weapons and costumes. Time of day for certain missions can also be effected
* Alone or with up to three squad mates, players will rescue hostages, apprehend suspects and deactivate bombs as you eliminate terrorist threats around the world
* 25 different tactical weapons to unlock and use during operations
* Special assistance devices such as night vision, thermo vision and a flashlight will ensure that the operation is a success
* One of the first light gun games to make the leap from the arcades to the Wii – using only the Wii Remote