Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Twice Smitten, Once Shy! (487)

What I found funny was when Pachirisu gave Team Rocket and Dawn bad hair days.

~Ayra~
    "I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it is what you do with the gift of life, that determines who you are." -Mewtwo
    "The only thing we can be is ourselves, we can't be someone else, and someone else can't be us." -Kelly Smith
    3DS FC 1048-8196-8009
    Type:Flying
    Spearow, Woobat, Hawlucha
    ^Click to go to my Ribbon Sprites thread, in need of some ideas^
    Currently working on:
        Spoiler:- Ribbons I'm working on:
    [img]http://i44.*******.com/23t2pg8.png[/img]
    Credit to AWildMew for the Shinjoh Connection userbar

Nice to know that yellow rat isn't the only electric in Ash's group...
    I just knew Dawn will catch a Pachirisu without any information...

I really don't understand how Dawn thought Pachirisu didn't like her. I also don't understand how the whole Release thing works when they open a Pokeball. I've seen Pokemon come out regularly the same way.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Alright episode, Pachirisu was funny, if only it got used more. Bit unfair about the treatment of Team Rocket I thought, they had as much right to Pachirisu as Dawn did. Brock's line about polictics was hilarious, and the chase scene. Glad they decided to give the trio another electric Pokemon.

One unforgettable episode this was for me, with Pachirisu's hyperactivity prominent in my thinking. That little squirrel had Dawn's Piplup and Buneary chase after it for quite a while -- until both of those Pokémon fainted. Next, the other Pokémon had their chance to faint after Pachirisu's Discharge, and unfortunately, Dawn ended up deciding to release it... at that moment. It would take a "shocking" encounter with Team Rocket for Dawn to reunite with Pachirisu, then catch it herself, so that now, she has a very cute Pokémon on her team. Brock's suggestion that Jessie should "consider a job in politics" I found memorably hilarious in and of itself, given my own interest in 21st century international politics. In the end, I will consider this episode one of the good early episodes, so to speak, of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl.
    Babylon 5, Codename: Kids Next Door, 24, and now, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I am many things at once, and many people might have different opinions about little, old me. If freedom is my main idea, then harmony, individuality, and modernization are the three attributes I now sense and track. Those three attributes and that idea combined to make the United States of America a great global superpower and Pearlshipping and Wishfulshipping great Pokémon couples, and now, they've combined to make those four shows truly great television programs to me. I will enjoy enthusiastically supporting the Equestrian ponies' adventures for peace, for humankind, for the future.

I always found Pachirisu a little annoying, i think it was a good fit with Dawn though.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

i dont Pachirisu, but it was an nice episode after all
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Today I got an actual perscription for Xanax. I'm so ****ing excited; I'd totally been taking unperscribed this whole time. Get ready for even more posts where I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about because my mind totally is non-functioning!

That said, this is how you pull off a decent capture episode. It's not super-fantastic, but by merely breaking the standard formula, you get something quite enjoyable. Granted, the humor in this episode really helps things, but actually releasing a Pokemon shortly after capturing it is a new dynamic that this series has surprisingly not done before. In addition, it helps to develop Hikari as a character further and how she connects with Pokemon. I really enjoy Pachirisu's personality, and it's a shame that it was pretty much forgotten after this (along with Pachirisu itself).

Like I said, the humor is a high-point, as with a nice dish of Makoto Shinjo, the entire chase scene with the gang's Pokemon is great. I feel a bit mixed about Team Rocket's role in this. On one hand, their scheme is pretty much the same old song-and-dance and nothing truly creative is done. On the other hand, the little screw-the-audience bit with Pachirisu pranking Musashi at the end is highly entertaining (Musashi is used well here in general), only making me miss its deviousness ever more. Another thing I miss nowadays in Diamond & Pearl are the random antics with Hikari's hair, although that very well could have become stale. A solid introduction for Pachirisu whose prime came in this very episode.

B
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

ho ho ho.....

cutest episode EVER!!!!

I had a huge smile during the whole episode
    even now!....

there is no pokemon like Pachirisu.....they should give Pachirisu Piplup's place....

Put the penguin in its pokeball and bring out my darling Pachi

pokemon's rating will go sky high if they do that
    1. You are now reading my signature.
    2. You are wondering why you are reading it?
    3.You say that you are already half way so why not?
    5. You didn't notice I skipped 4
    6. You are now chacking if I mist four.
    8. You are now smiling.
    9. You didn't notice I skipped 7.
    10. hehehe!!!!
    11. I love ya all for reading my signature!!!!=]

[IMG]http://i35.*******.com/2zsb7g1.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i33.*******.com/flyiiq.png[/IMG]

credit belong to the one and only Rosemary!
    thank you so much

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

I liked this episode, pretty much because I thought Pachirisu is quite cute, especially when it talks. I think it is a good addition to Dawn's team, I wonder however what it might have been like if it ended up with Jessie? Well Pachirisu's Discharge and Pikachu's Thunderbolt would have clashed alot that's for sure. And you know they would use Pachi to discharge Ash and co all the time as payback.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

This was the first episode of DP that I watched and it is my favorite.

Pachirisu made a cute debut. I really liked how it was released and the recaptured. Dawn and Pachirisu are a perfect pair.

10/10

Great episode.
    Dawn and Pachirisu were belong to each other from the start.
    And i loved how she protected on it.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

I liked how Dawn got back together with Pachirisu and how she wouldn't let Jessie get it at all cost. One less Pok&#233;mon on Team Rocket's side.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:

Spoiler:- Claimed Anime Songs/Anime List:

This episode was really nice. I didn't like the fact that Dawn was so quick to release Pachirisu after having it for like 5 minutes but I 'm glad she got it back and decided to keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by KGB13 View Post
    This episode was really nice. I didn't like the fact that Dawn was so quick to release Pachirisu after having it for like 5 minutes but I 'm glad she got it back and decided to keep it.
    This episode was hilarious! Yeah, I didn't really like how she barely gave pachi a chance, but oh well. Atleast she got it back and realized that she made a mistake.

Finally,We got a electric pokemon that`s not Ash`s.Pachirisu is one funny Pokemon.It was nice to see another electric in the main Character group.

10/10

there's no Battle Frontier?!

I really like this episode. Especially when all of the Pokemon were trying to catch Pachirisu. Pachirisu is really cute. 9/10

This episode is one of my personal favorites. I think it marks Dawn's first serious show of a lack of confidence in herself when life doesn't go the way she expects it to. She was disappointed after her first contest, but it's harder for me to appreciate that since she had the expectation to win. Here, her feelings are hurt because Pachirisu, her newly captured Pokemon in this episode, doesn't obey her the way she believes a Pokemon should. And she blames herself, although she feebly tries to use the excuse to Ash and Brock that Pachirisu is a tough pokemon for anyone to train. Ash is having none of that, and you can see by his expression that he's pretty upset upon hearing that Dawn has released Pachirisu. We know from the episodes with Paul that Ash doesn't like the practice of releasing Pokemon for no good reason (but for an inexperienced coordinator like Dawn, this maybe is a good reason; later down the road, when she's more like Ash, she has a Pokemon that gives her much more trouble than Pachirisu does-Dawn even is almost attacked (accidentally)-and Dawn never considers releasing the Pokemon), and it's one of Ash's strengths as a character that he doesn't hide his dislike, even though Dawn is his friend (I really wish I could be that honest).

Interestingly, Dawn doesn't consult Ash or Brock before releasing Pachirisu, and this scene turns out not to be something to just progress the plot. Dawn really is a bit of an introverted character, which is demonstrated a few more times in later episodes. At least we get the benefit of knowing what Dawn thinks, unlike Ash, who simply has his hat covers his eyes when he's upset (a sign of his maturity, I think-although Dawn becomes much harder to read later on in Sinnoh as she picks up Ash's more laid back attitude; dp 180 being a wonderful case for a pearlshipper right now). Since she does so much solitary thinking, her insecurity about her abilities eats at her, hurting her confidence until about the Wallace Cup. It's really something very different for this show, and Ash and Zoey are the ones who pick up on it the most (or do something about it is maybe a better way to say it) later down the storyline.

There is also a scene where Dawn is inspired by Ash's attitude about getting ready for the 2nd gym, as she considers how great it is to succeed after putting in so many hours of work. That's really the moral of Pokemon, right? Put in the time, and you'll definitely succeed. But that's not the way of Sinnoh, and Dawn's attitude changes.
    Last edited by wind21; 24th June 2010 at 4:32 AM.

Dawn should have caught the Pachirisu and not release it.. Jessie with a Pachirisu is just wierd.
    I think Pachirisu is even fater than a Turtwig.

Hehehe. This is one of the funniest and craziest episodes in the DP Saga. And because of this, I will write one of those bullet-pointed summaries that only about five people are gonna read!

-Curse the animators for making Pachirisu so cute! No! I will not make that weak little elesquirrel my main electric type no matter how cute you make it seem!
    -Haha. Funny little confusion Torchics. We need pokemon to get confused more often.
    -Hey, blue electricity instead of the standard yellow! I'm loving all this new stuff in DP.
    -Great, reused footage. :/
    -The narrator already? That was one short episode.
    -Oh wait, TR.
    -Apparantly, Pachi's tail also functions as a pillow.
    -Dawn's facial expressions= priceless
    -Wait, where did the table and chairs come from? I'm pretty sure they won't fit in the twerps' backpacks.
    -Hyper elesquirrel antics begin now.
    -Rapid-fire Pokeball returns and Pachirisu should be a running gag.
    -Hurray for chase scenes!
    -BAD PACHI!!!! The only time ear-pulling is allowed in Pokemon is if Misty or Max is pulling Brock's ear!
    -More funny chase scenes!
    -NO, DAWN! Don't you know you should never wake a sleeping animal?! Especially if that animal is a hyperactive elesquirrel!
    -Pachi has been released.
    -Stop torturing me with Pachirisu's adorableness! GAHHH!!!
    -Seriously, how does the Twerp Troop fit that table in their backpacks?!
    -Actually, Ash, Pachi was having fun shocking Dawn.
    -Dawn looks for pokemon shapes in the clouds. She should post in the "You Know You're Obsessed With Pokemon" thread.
    -Great, more reused footage.
    -TR's motto, time to fastforward.
    -You'd think that getting zapped would have no effect on TR after all the times Pikachu's blasted them off.
    -Yes, Brock. Lets have TR get a job in Pokemon's non-existant government. Nothing wrong with that at all!!
    -Stop reusing footage!
    -Seriously, Jessie. What about Pikachu?
    -Dawn catches Pachi! (Again!)

Pachirisu should have gone with Jessie

This episode was ok... It was cool to see a Pachirisu for the 1st time, It's so cute! That is 1 hyper Pokemon. I'm glad Pachirisu ended up going with Dawn. It was odd to see Dawn capture Pachirisu, release it, and then capture it again. Pachirisu's Discharge attack looks very cool. The Pachirisu chase scene was hilarious!

40/100

FYI Dawn's Pachirisu is the only Pachirisu seen in the anime so far.

It's so adorable, that little thing.

I loved this episode, pachirisu was cute but dawn did get a bit too obsessed.
    I thought it was nice how they all became friends and the plotline was good too. Great episode.

"If someone tells me it's wrong to hope, I will tell them they're wrong every time. I could tell them that countless times" -Madoka Kaname

Dawn's logic:

- IMGONNACATCHTHISPACHIRISU.
    - Yay I caught Pachirisu!!
    - THIS PACHIRISU DOES NOT LEIK ME ITS MEAN I WILL RELEASE IT.
    - BOOHOO I'm sad now because I released it.
    - OH NO Jessie is trying to catch pachirisu fairly and not by stealing!!!! she shouldnt have a pokemon i will catch it again
    - Yay im happy it liked me better ok bye.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast