Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Twice Smitten, Once Shy! (487)

The point is that even if you are a man Hikari is a character the can entertain every gender. The scene when she was looking at the mirror was golden...it was funny as hell. If the show continue to make episode like this even that is an episode aimed at girls I'm going to be happy because to be honest, Pokemon rgt now is way better than when they focused everything in Ash.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    The point is that even if you are a man Hikari is a character the can entertain every gender. The scene when she was looking at the mirror was golden...it was funny as hell. If the show continue to make episode like this even that is an episode aimed at girls I'm going to be happy because to be honest, Pokemon rgt now is way better than when they focused everything in Ash.
    That's true, hr miniskirt does entretain men.

Well, the grass needs to be green, the sky needs to be blue and Hikari's skirt needs to be pink and Pikachu needs to be yellow. There was really nothing wrong with the colors.
    Today 4:44 PM

The same bright green with bluish green mountains in the background? it looks like a fairy tale. Hikari's dramatic scene should have had rain, leaves falling, wind... Like when Ash was attacked by spearows. That was a supberb episode with supberb coloring and ambient.

ˇTiptug, the generic bug!HERE

I still say Pachirisu could've showcased Discharge.

Greggle showcased Poison Stab.

This was an excellent episode, One of my favorites so far.
    Pachirisu has gotta be the first ADHD pokemon we've seen so far o_o
    I hope we get to see more hyper squirrel action across the anime :P

If they're sticking with "Together" as the opening, They're gonna have to re-draw some of the Hikari scenes o.o

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

I love DP..........!!!!!!!!!!
    [/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro Kinético View Post
    . Hikari's dramatic scene should have had rain, leaves falling, wind... Like when Ash was attacked by spearows. That was a supberb episode with supberb coloring and ambient.
    It can't just suddenly rain, thunderstorm, and have leaves fall in an open field, can it? Besides, that would of been incredibly overdramatic and idiotic.

But here, I made a simulation of it:

Last edited by Korobooshi Kojiro; 12th February 2007 at 1:33 AM.

Drama is not portrayed by amazing environment because drama is portrayed by emotions and feelings. I agree that a cool environment help but really, if the scene brings emotion, who cares about leaves falling and a hard rain?

What you guys are talking about is called dramatic license, and it was completely unnecessary. And it's kinda lame when not done right in the first place.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Drama is not portrayed by amazing environment because drama is portrayed by emotions and feelings. I agree that a cool environment help but really, if the scene brings emotion, who cares about leaves falling and a hard rain?
    Yeah, but that fairy tale environment ruins the drama. That's why backgrounds are used to transmit emotions.

ˇTiptug, the generic bug!HERE

Open fields and mountains that have been in almost every episode since day 1: The ultimate fairytale experience.

It was an OK episode I suppose, although not as funny as I'd hoped it would be. But considering they actually made a real attempt at injecting some personallity-rich fluid into Hikari's cranium, I can let that slide.
    Pachiris (Pachirith?) being worth a considerable amount in entertainment value also made for a decent deal. We haven't had an energetic pokémon to this extent since Totodile, but thankfully they're handling it a lot better this time around.

And as a side note: did Chinami provide the voice of Pachiris? Because it sounded similar to Achamo on a number of occassions.

Hm, I would have thought you'd like this episode more, Gravy.

I think this episode was the best Hikari-centric episode yet, and its easy to tell from this which path her character is going to go down now. IMO, I think the writers have been doing a good job with Hikari's characerisation since her first Contest.

Before that she was a little weak, but it seems now the writers have finally figured out what to do with her. Her ego is huge yet she still has the same ditzy/feminine qualities that made May likeable, but she has these funny views about herself at the same time which makes her almost as insane as Jessie. Both Hikari and Jessie self-gloat about themselves, (see Hikari and her mirror), so what's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Both Hikari and Jessie self-gloat about themselves, (see Hikari and her mirror), so what's not to like?
    Gee, I never thought Hikari was as vain as Jessie when it comes to looks.

Hikari is very adamant about her looks.

Hell, one of the contributing reasons that she released Pachirisu was because it messed up her hair and she couldn't comb it.

I'd say Hikari cares much more about her looks than any of the other female characters. Misty only brought up how she looked once in a blue moon, May strangely enough almost never brought up how she looked, (perhaps because she already knew she was hot and didn't need confirmation from other people?), but Hikari is all about her looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    And as a side note: did Chinami provide the voice of Pachiris? Because it sounded similar to Achamo on a number of occassions.
    Apparantly it was indeed the seiyuu you mentioned--the same one that did Torchic and Combusken.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro Kinético View Post
    Yeah, but that fairy tale environment ruins the drama.
    Let's see...

A fairy tale is a story featuring folkloric characters such as fairies, goblins, elves, trolls, giants, talking animals and others. These stories often involve royalty, and modern versions usually have a happy ending. In cultures where demons and witches are perceived as real, fairy tales may merge into legendary narratives, where the context is perceived by teller and hearers as having historical actuality. However, unlike legends and epics they usually do not contain more than superficial references to religion and actual places, persons, and events although these allusions are often critical in understanding the origins of these fanciful stories.

Um...sounds like Pokemon has always been somewhat of a fairy tale, since pretty much every episode has a happy ending.

I really thought this episode was cute. Hikari and the electric squirrel really do go together. The little guy shocking her every few minutes there was pretty funny. It's going to be season 1 all over again (maybe).

Jessie's giant head moments really cracked me up. She's got "Bobble Head Feaver."

Visually, it was great. Since I don't know Japanese, I had no clue what they were all saying. The music score for Diamond and Pearl is wonderful! I hope Pokemon USA, Inc. and TAJ Productions does/did the right thing and will keep/kept most/all of the original music.
    Haxorus has been pitted against a Raticate in a pokemon battle. Who will get to make the first move?

Loved this ep. Though, I wish this director wouldn't recycle his TR mottos. His work is hilarious, he needs to do at least two more before he decides to recycle them >_>

Marry the Night

I'm suprised she got Pachirisu early in the episode. This episode showed tons of Hikari's personality! Takeshi and Satoshi was evil when laughing at Hikari's hair. Also first insert song on DP!

Now, I wonder how they'll fit Pachirisu in the opening. (There's only 2 poke balls at the contest scene!)

^ Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    Let's see...

Um...sounds like Pokemon has always been somewhat of a fairy tale, since pretty much every episode has a happy ending.
    Well, the one where Ash loses in his first gym sure wasn't happy.

Anyway, who here thinks the dub will call the shock attack DISCHARGE?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Hikari is very adamant about her looks.

Hell, one of the contributing reasons that she released Pachirisu was because it messed up her hair and she couldn't comb it.

I'd say Hikari cares much more about her looks than any of the other female characters. Misty only brought up how she looked once in a blue moon, May strangely enough almost never brought up how she looked, (perhaps because she already knew she was hot and didn't need confirmation from other people?), but Hikari is all about her looks.
    Great, just what we need, a mini-Jessie.

No it isn't.

She's just a ten year old girl, and likes styling her hair. Give her a break. o.0

Well, the one where Ash loses in his first gym sure wasn't happy.

Anyway, who here thinks the dub will call the shock attack DISCHARGE?
    Why would they? It's a Spark attack. 4Kids isn't dubbing anymore, you know.

The pic of Hikari is awesome *saves*

"I got Pachirisu! Is that OK?" is the best episode from D/P season. Funny and nostalgic. I like when Pachirisu uses thundershock at Hikari. Pachirisu's thundershock is strong because she (Pachirisu probably is a female) beat all Ash's pokemon.

The music score for Diamond and Pearl is really good! I would like to buy or download CD.
    ~Silver Glacia~
    Battle! Ready? Go!

Pachirisu's attack wasn't Thundershock, it can't even learn it. Spark is a physical charge attack, and I believe it used that at least once, yes. The nameless attack where it shocked everyone was probably Discharge.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

No ones put this on YouTube yet so i haven't seen it but based on the short clips taken out of it i've seen it looks hilarious

My co-ordinator card for pokemon tropicana http://z8.invisionfree.com/Pokemon_Tropicana/index.php?
    I claim Tidetsu as my Bishie

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast