Thread: Most/Least Favorite Filler Sagas

Default Most/Least Favorite Filler Sagas

Filler sagas, when the anime get's too close to the manga plotwise, the anime writers employ this to stall time to get the manga farther away. Most ends up crap, but others are tolerable. What are your most and least favorite filler sagas of anime?

For me:
    Most: Garlic Jr. saga, Dragonball Z and the episode of Naruto where they try to remove Kakashi's mask.
    Least: Konoha 11 saga, Naruto
    Last edited by Gentleman Skeleton; 19th February 2007 at 2:27 AM.
    If you're looking for a confidence boost in Marvel VS Capcom 3, Halo Reach or TF2, look me up.
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 2794-9939-9096
    I use "uber" Pokemon in allotted tiers, I calculate stat values, I draw the line at cheating devices, I breed my way to perfection, and I care about natures. I breed my Pokemon out of the most ideal parental stock, and treat them like brainless drones made out of bits of data. I believe that thinking of them as anything more is pointless.

All of the Naruto filler crap?
    The best would probably be the Garlic Jr. Saga, as you said.

There's too many ones I dislike so I'll go with the ones I do like.

Rurouni Kenshin- Only fillers I like there were the ones between Aoshi's saga up to Shishio's. the ones after Shishio's suck.

DBZ- DBZ had many filler even within the canon saga, but as filler saga itself, it'll have to be Afterlife Tenkaichi budokai even though it had it had some plotholes.

there's more but have to remember them atm.

I think my favorite filler arc would be the Noah arc in Yu-Gi-Oh...gave the minor characters some dueling time(don't ask me why I actually suppoted that, but at least it had some diversity since there are 2 other Big 5 members). Plus it's the only one of the three filler arcs that's longer than three episodes long that I actually liked. Yes, that means I didn't like DOMA. Shame on me for the hax that is the Orichalcos. Now for the other YGO fillers...

I dunno why; but while she was a brat(and how in the world did she believe that Arthur's Blue-Eyes was STOLEN?!), I actually rather liked Rebecca. Though her constant swearing in the Japanese eludes me since she's a little young to be doing that...in America(admit it, you knew this was coming). Also, it's the only time Yugi duels without Atem's help until Memory World.

Virtual World arc...three words: Master Dragon Knight. Actually, it's Master of Dragon Soldier, but you get the idea.^^; And I squeal for this combines two of my favorite video game genres: card games and RPGs. How fun~^_^

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

The Garlic, Jr. saga was f'in terrible. Worst filler in all of DBZ, and that's saying something.

Best filler arc? Well, it's not really an arc, but the boat ride exam in Hunter x Hunter.

Favourite: All of the Yu-Gi-Oh fillers. Bleach Bounto arc. Naruto: Finding out whats under Kakashi's Mask.
    Worst: All of the Naruto fillers except the one I just mentioned.

Well, not really a filler SAGA... But I absolutely love the filler added to the Pilaf Saga of Dragonball. Well, excluding the pinball stuff... And also not a filler saga, the episode of DBZ where Goku and Piccolo went for their driver's lisences. XD

As for filler I don't like... The Apis arc of One Piece and a lot of Pokemon's Johto stuff...

the davy back fight was KIND OF a filler, and i loved it, and i also liked episode 101 of naruto. u guessed it, kakashi's mask.

I disliked the naruto fillers, and the johto pokemon fillers. theyre THE reason I didn't watch for like 2 years.
    URL=http://www.saiyanisland.com]
    [/url]

You know, we don't have to argue... you could always shut up and accept my point of view as hard cold fact.

For me I loved the Davy Back Fight in One Piece(Even though it was a partial filler) and Kakashi's mask episode of Naruto.

And the worst IMO is the Naruto filler episode where they have to protect the teacup.
    [IMG]http://i1.*******.com/5399191.jpg[/IMG]
    Anime Bish: Kagura from Gintama/Anime song: Alones from Bleach
    Many thanks to Kimmi the Awesome™ for the awesome banner.
    PM me if you wanna play me in Jump Ultimate Stars or Vs. me in PBR. ^-~

DBZ's Great Saiyaman Saga. 'nuff said.
    It's Carnivine Time...yeah.

Mystery Dungeon Time Team
    Team Rythm
    Terry , and Perry

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric's_Memory View Post
    DBZ's Great Saiyaman Saga. 'nuff said.
    saiyaman saga isn'r filler as it been in the manga

Quote Originally Posted by That Scary Clefairy View Post
    saiyaman saga isn'r filler as it been in the manga
    Yeah, when you think about the events of the saga, it's pretty much obvious that it isn't filler.

Ah yes, Naruto. Two years of pointless fillers just to buy enough time to catch up to the manga with the cost of several viewers. I bet the ratings dropped during that time.

Bount Arc, it just felt cliche even if it does exist in other anime fillers but the whole ideas felt a bit out of Bleach's place. I already hated that Ichinose character, I'm glad that he died for nothing.

this is what fillers you do like. not hate.

I usually do like Yugioh's fillers

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン