Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moonsay(advanceshipping)

Default Moonsay(advanceshipping)

Hi fellow AS’ers
    God, I’ve been dying to write an advanceshipping fanfic for so long now but every time I started to think it out, well, gosh, I never got to it or it was too cheesy or too dramatic, too sad or too scary.
    The point it, it was always too something and now I think I’ve finally gotten the fanfic I wanted, I worked hard on this and I hope you all like it.
    As I do with IP2, I’ll try posting a chap once a week(if not more) On weeks I have off or a three to four day weekend, I’ll try to post more chaps. There will be times that I may not be able to find the time to go online(with tests and homework and friends and all) so a chap may not be posted that week.
    Asking to be on the pm list will be more helpful for you so you don’t have to keep checking if there is an update or not.
    Those who asks to be on the pm list will be automatically added once I get back online(of course!) And if you do ask to be on, do me a favor? Keep your inbox empty because it’s really annoying when I have to send a pm and see that ur inbox is full.
    Anyway, on to the fic.
    As you already know, its advanceshipping but it has a little contest and pokeshipping too. A little, actually its so minuscule that I don’t know why I bother saying it’s there but it is.
    Um, the title of the fic, well, you’ll get it once it starts moving on.
    The rating for it, weeeel, I’ll say pg13, kay? PG THIRTEEN. But it may, lyk, end up being PG or something, so don’t be surprised or whatever.
    I’ll now put down the ages for each character cuz it’s easier that way.

AGES

Max- nine almost ten

May- twelve

Ash- fourteen

Misty- fifteen(yay, thats how old I am!)

Brock- sixteen

Okay thats it. I hope you enjoy it and if now, well, its not lyk I can force you to read my fic.
    HEALTHY CRITICISM ACCEPTED

I don’t care what you say as long as it will be beneficial to my fanfic and writing, thankies, and again, hope you enjoy it!

Table of Contents

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Chapter 4

Chapter 5

Chapter 6

Chapter 7

CHAPTER 1

“Alright Pikachu, use iron tail on Torkoal!” A young green haired boy instructed.

The small yellow rodent nodded his head, obeying the command as he jumped into the air.

“Torkoal!” The raven haired boy across from him shouted. “Evade by hiding in your shell!”

The turtle like pokemon nodded his head and retracted his limbs in to his gray-ish brown shell. “Torkoal!” He cried.

“Pika pi!” Pikachu’s silver colored tail bounced off of Torkoal’s shell and was sent back to the trainer whom had called him out.

“Huh?” Max Maple stared at Torkoal as if trying to figure out what had happened just then. “Hey!” He said to his friend. “Is that an actual attack?”

His friend, Ash Ketchum, shook his head with a grin. “No way, May. And you can’t always rely on your knowledge of a pokemon’s attacks to help you out in a battle. Sometimes the trainer will use other means to win. Torkoal going in to his shell is a great example and so is a flying pokemon flying up higher to dodge an attack.”

“No way,” Max breathed, he clenched his fists. “Alright Ash, come on, let’s do it again!”

“Okay,” Ash pointed his index finger towards Pikachu. “Torkoal, use flamethrower on Pikachu!”

“Pikachu!” Max shouted. “Jump in to the air!”

“Tor koooaaaal!” Torkoal’s head bobbed out of his shell as he threw out flames.

“Pika chu!” Pikachu jumped into the air, dodging every attem,pt Torkoal had at trying to barbeque the small pokemon.

“Hah!” Max cried, he looked towards the single brunette who’d been sitting at a picnic table near by. “Hey May!” He shouted, waving his hand excitedly in to the air. “Did you see that?”

May rose her head slowly, nodding at what Max had said although she hadn’t heard him. The boy seemed content with that and turned back to his battle.

May groaned.

She’d never been so bored in her life. Well, okay there was that one time Norman’s friend from Johto came over and they were all forced to watch boring old home movies from his house.

But still, this was pretty bring too.

“Alright Pikachu!”

May closed her eyes, she didn’t even want to be here. Well, not here here but the whole city. She hadn’t wanted to be in Cerulean anymore. And it hadn’t been because of Misty, Misty was her friend of course. She hadn’t wanted to be here because there was a contest in Lavender town coming that she just had to get to.

She’d told that to her friends, how much she needed to get to that contest. We still have a few days, was all they said to her. The contest isn’t going anywhere. They’d continue. You just had a contest a few days ago here in Cerulean. But that wasn’t what mattered to her. Sure, she loved attending the contest in Cerulean, sure, she loved the ribbon she’d gotten from winning. But that wasn’t what was important. Drew hadn’t gone to that contest, but he’d told her for sure that he’d enter the one in Lavender town. He was her rival, didn’t her friends understand? She had to go to that contest, she HAD to be the first one there. Well, at least show up before Drew. Didn’t they understand? Didn’t they ever have rivals?

Well, she knew Ash once had one, so he should have been as eager as she was to get to Lavender town, he should have understood. But no, lately all he’d been doing was training with Max which was the major reason they spent more days in a town than they should have. Ash was always training Max.

Max was nine but was expected to turn ten in a few weeks. He couldn’t wait until he was able to wield his own pokemon, battle his own battles, and take care of himself. Norman and Carolyn, his parents, wanted Max to come home so he could get his first Pokemon from Professor Birch and start at the Hoenn league. Personally, May had wanted Max to keep on traveling along with her and their friends. Traveling without Max for her was like losing a limb, something she just couldn’t picture. Thankfully, Max hadn’t decided on what to do yet, lately he’d been too occupied with training with Ash before getting his first ever pokemon.

Since Brock and the others really thought Max would just leave them, they were being extra nice to him lately, it was obvious Max had noticed, but then again, he didn’t care. Brock had let him choose what they ate if they weren’t going out, Ash battled with him constantly and became his new teacher, and May listened to whatever ridiculous requests her brother had. Today it was to come watch his and Ash’s battle. May had been hesitant at first but then Ash told her all she had to do was sit there and not really pay attention. She’d shrugged her shoulders and agreed to go out then. But now, now she miserably regretted it.

“Hi, May?”

May looked up to see Daisy, one of Misty’s older sisters, looking down at her. She smiled, “so you’re not dead.”

“Dead?” May repeated.

“You looked like you were dead by the way you were lying your head on the picnic table.”

“Oh,” May sat up.

“Daisy!” Misty screeched as she placed a tray of rice balls on the table. “Stop being rude to my friends.”

“I’m not being rude Mist, Gawd, just chill.” Daisy rolled her eyes. “Anyway, I better be going, I have a photo shoot by three and need to get all dolled up right now.”

Misty nodded, “okay, fine, go, we’ll be alright.”

“Okay,” Daisy replied as she walked away. “Fine, I’m leaving.”

“You don’t have a good relationship with your sister?” May asked as she reached for a rice ball.

“Mm, sort of,” Misty took a hold of her own rice ball. “We’re not always like that.”

“Hello ladies, anyone want some orange juice?” Brock, the oldest out of the group of friends smiled down at the two girls and placed down a tray with six glasses of orange juice.

“Ooh, thanks Brock.” May reached for a glass.

“What took you so long?” Misty asked.

“Er, I bumped in to your sister.”

“I wouldn’t say bumped,” May took a bite of her rice ball. “I’d say purposely crashed in to.”

Brock looked away. “Hey are those two still battling?”

“Yup,” May yawned. “From breakfast until noon, but then they always do that.”

Misty smiled, “I can’t believe Max is going to get his first pokemon and journey on his own.” She turned to May. “You must be so excited.”

“I guess,” was all May said.

“I mean,” Misty continued, she leaned closer to May. “Now you get to have privacy with him on Valentines day.”

“Him?” May repeated. At first, when she’d heard Misty say that, Ash’s face popped in to her head. She was about to say something like ‘We don’t like each other that way’ because it was true, she interested in Ash like that, they were friends, that was all.

“Drew.” Misty whispered.

The hairs on the back of May’s neck stood up as a red blush covered her face.

“So I’m right, huh?” Misty asked, sitting up straight again as Brock left to go call Max and Ash to lunch.

“H-how do you know about Drew?” May asked.

Misty flashed a secretive smile. “Well, I have my sources.”

May tried to search in her thoughts for whom could have told Misty. Who? Who? Who? Who would have told her about Drew? May’s eyes widened, “was it Ash?” She asked.

Misty pretended to zip her mouth shut. “My lips are sealed.”

May groaned, it probably was him. Every time they had gone to a Pokemon Center, Ash always found the need to call Misty. So it had to be him who had told Misty of Drew.

Drew...

May watched as Ash called Torkoal back and Max running towards the picnic table.

Having to spend Valentines day with Drew couldn’t be so bad. Well, it wasn’t like she hated Drew or anything and she did think he was cute.

“Personally,” Misty said with a dramatic sigh. “I wouldn’t mind spending Valentines day with Ash.”

“Really?” May was surprised, she didn’t know there was a girl in the world who found Ash attractive, well, he was cute. But then, he was so uninterested in love that it seemed impossible to like him in that way.

“Yes,” Misty had a lovesick look in her eyes as she looked towards Ash. “But you guys are going to leave tomorrow, and I can’t leave the gym.”

“Um, uh,” May began. “If you ask me, long distance relationships are even more romantic than close ones!”

“Thanks May,” Misty shook her head. “But it won’t happen.” She paused. “Unless...”

“What?” May asked. “What? What?”

Misty smiled, she actually seemed giddy. “Unless he confesses tonight! I bet he was planning to do that! You know, he hasn’t said more than two words to me today.”

“Confesses?” May frowned. “How are you so sure about this?”

“Well,” Misty dropped down to a whisper. “Don’t you think Ash likes me?”

May stayed silent, she never saw anything that could amount to love, but maybe Ash had done something for Misty before he met May.

“I mean,” Misty continued. “He’s always calling me when I tell him he doesn’t have to and he’s always asking me how my pokemon are doing, and look! Right now he’s looking at me.”

May turned to look at Ash, he was looking alright, but it looked more like his eyes were staring hungrily towards the food that sat awaiting him and not Misty. But how could May tell that to her friend?

“If he confesses tonight,” Misty said, a dreamy look returning to her eyes. “I’ll be the happiest girl on earth.”

“I’ll hope the best for you.” May smiled.

“Thanks,” Misty winked. “And I wish the best for you and Drew.”

May blushed, not that again.

“Hey guys,” Ash said as he sat down beside Misty. Max piled in beside May and Brock beside Ash.

“Hi Ash,” Misty purred.

Ash hadn’t noticed her sudden mood change and went right on smiling at her. “Hey Mist, awe man, you should have seen the battle Max and I just had.” He pointed towards the green haired boy beside May. “He’s a regular natural at battling!”

Max blushed, he actually had from Ash’s compliment. “It’s only ‘cause you’ve been teaching me so well.”

“You’re the son of a gym leader,” Brock said. “It’s expected of you.”

“Expected?” Max repeated. “Does that mean I have to become a gym leader?”

Everyone laughed at Max’s cute comment leaving the boy to wonder if it would be true or not. He didn’t want to be a gym leader.

“You can be whatever you want to be,” his sister said, ruffling his messy green hair.

Max smiled up at her. “Really?”

“Yeah, look at me, I’m not a gym leader, I’m a coordinator.”

“Speaking of coordinating,” Ash looked at May. “Are you ready for the Lavender Town contest.”

It was so sweet how he cared for her contests like that, like a true friend. “Yes,” May said happily. “The only thing we have to do is get there.”

“There’s a bus running from Cerulean to Vermillion city.” Misty smiled, “Cuts your trip in half.”

“Cool, we can take that tomorrow.” Ash took in another rice ball in to his mouth.

“Speaking of leaving,” Misty said slowly. “I was thinking that, um, maybe we could light firworks tonight. For Valentines day?”

“Valentines day isn’t for weeks,” Max noted.

“Not to mention the fact that we won’t be here,” Brock added.

“It doesn’t matter,” Misty said. “I won’t see you guys in a long time and I think we should do something fun together, don’t you? This being your last night and all?”

That was true, the five friends looked towards one another.

“Pika!” Pikachu chirped, agreeing with the Cerulean city gym leader.

“Sure,” Ash smiled. “Sounds like fun.”

“And romantic,” May said.

“You know,” Misty batted her eye lashes at Ash. “You guys never told me what you’ll be doing on Valentines day.”

“We’ll probably be at Lavender town by then,” Brock replied. “So, most likely, we’ll be watching May’s contest.”

“And I’ll have my first pokemon!” Max smiled.

“Well, okay,” Misty sighed. “What do you guys want to on Valentines day?”

“Meet a beautiful lady,” Brock said, answering immediately.

“How typical,” Max said, biting in to another rice ball. “All I want is to be able to pass through the day without having to hear May go all crazy over love and all of that junk.”

“Hey!” May clasped her hands dramatically. “All I want is for a boy to tell me he loves me. I would have to love him back too of course. I’d want him to go down on one knee with one of those heart shaped boxes of chocolates and say it.”

“Cough-Drew-cough!” Max said under his breath.

Everyone else laughed.

“Hey!” May cried again. She attempted to hit her brother but he had ducked.

“That sounds romantic,” Misty said, turning away from the quarreling siblings. “Don’t ya think Ash?”

Ash, who had been caught by surprised, just blink. “Uh, yeah, I guess so.” But he hadn’t been thinking of Misty right then, no, there was a different girl on his mind.

~********~

“How annoying!” May fumed as Max, Brock, and Misty headed off to go bye fireworks. It had only been a few hours since lunch.

“What’s wrong?” Ash asked, coming up behind her.

“What else?” May cried. “Max going off and embarrassing me like that.”

Ash stayed silent for some time, and for seconds the only thing you could hear was the snoring of Pikachu and Torkoal inside Misty’s gym. The battle had taken a lot out of them.

“I mean, I know he doesn’t like romance and all that, but still!” She frowned. “And Drew of all people.”

“You don’t like Drew?” Ash asked.

“Well, not in that way!” Although she could perfectly imagine him going down on one knee and saying he loved her.

“Uh, May?” Ash approached the girl. “There’s something I need to tell you.”

“What is it?” May asked, she turned to face her friend. There was something about his eyes that told May right away that it was serious.

“Uh, I don’t know how to say this,” Ash said, blushing little.

May rose an eyebrow, she’d never seen Ash blush unless it had to do with someone complementing him or something. This had to be serious.

“See, I’ve never said this to anyone before.”

“Go on.”

“Um, uh, May.” Ash looked in to his friend’s sapphire eyes. “I-I l-l-l-love you.”

May’s eyes widened.

Unless he confesses tonight! I bet he was planning to do that!

Poor girl, what would she do if it was May Ash was planning to confess to and not her?

END OF CHAPTER 1

So, what did you think? Good? Bad? No opinion? Just tell me!
    God, I’m so hungry, so I have to go! R&R plz!

Uza-chan's PM list for Moonsay
    Jacob the Lugia Rider
    Hunter_RuLe
    PikamasterADV
    sceptile33
    ditto704
    flamingoozaru
    Ash&May 4EVER
    String Bean
    Last edited by Uzamaki Hinata; 7th June 2007 at 5:41 PM.
    ~*Uza-chan's Good bye*~

IS SUPAH FIIIINE

OK, either Misty's psychic, or that psychic gymleader is impersonating Misty. I can't believe she actually guessed that Ash would confess! And that she was right! *runs away from Misty's mallet*

His friend, Ash Ketchum, shook his head with a grin. “No way, May. And you can’t always rely on your knowledge of a pokemon’s attacks to help you out in a battle. Sometimes the trainer will use other means to win. Torkoal going in to his shell is a great example and so is a flying pokemon flying up higher to dodge an attack.”
    Don't you mean Max? And he has green hair?

Suspenseful... you better keep this going! Can I be on the PM list, please?
    Guilt is a feeling that plagues you.
    Anger is a feeling that controls you.
    Fear is a feeling that paralyzes you.
    Sadness is a feeling that hinders you.

Secure is a feeling that collects you.
    And Joy is a feeling that lets you live.

Welcome back Uzamaki! I love to read new work from you, especially advanceshippy work ^^

“Alright Pikachu, use iron tail on Torkoal!” A young green haired boy instructed.
    O dear, I thought a certain rival of May was entering in your very first line, bless god he wasn't! I was actually a little confused at the start thinking ash's torkoal was fighting a pikachu from this rival..

But still, this was pretty boring too.
    Other than than, good start, I hope we can aspect more soon!
    Last edited by Hunter_RuLe; 19th February 2007 at 7:46 PM.
    Bring Back The Golden Age

Look, I'm being helpful!

I'm going to be fair: the things I'm going to point out are things I'd point out to anyone. But I'm also going to be fair, like I am to everyone. (Or, at least how I think I am.)

The small yellow rodent nodded his head, obeying the command as he jumped into the air.

“Torkoal!” The raven haired boy across from him shouted. “Evade by hiding in your shell!”

The turtle like pokemon nodded his head and retracted his limbs in to his gray-ish brown shell. “Torkoal!” He cried.

“Pika pi!” Pikachu’s silver colored tail bounced off of Torkoal’s shell and was sent back to the trainer whom had called him out.

“Huh?” Max Maple stared at Torkoal as if trying to figure out what had happened just then. “Hey!” He said to his friend. “Is that an actual attack?”

Two things in here: I've never really seen Max described as having green hair. I know that it has a sort of green tint, but when I think of "green hair" I think of Drew and Seto Kaiba on drugs.

Second, Withdrawing into his shell has been Torkoal's Iron Defense. Although, it isn't really an attack, either, and if this explination is built up later, it's perfectly fine.

“Pika chu!” Pikachu jumped into the air, dodging every attem,pt Torkoal had at trying to barbeque the small pokemon.
    A simple typo in the word "attempt".

“I’m not being rude Mist, Gawd, just chill.” Daisy rolled her eyes. “Anyway, I better be going, I have a photo shoot by three and need to get all dolled up right now.”
    This is much better than I could have written Daisy. Good job.

“If he confesses tonight,” Misty said, a dreamy look returning to her eyes. “I’ll be the happiest girl on earth.”
    I'm cracking up at Misty's complete obliviousness.

Everyone laughed at Max’s cute comment leaving the boy to wonder if it would be true or not. He didn’t want to be a gym leader.
    I thought that was Max's dream to be a Gym Leader... if it's integral to the story, then it can be changed. I just want you to make sure you know.

“Speaking of coordinating,” Ash looked at May. “Are you ready for the Lavender Town contest.”

It was so sweet how he cared for her contests like that, like a true friend. “Yes,” May said happily. “The only thing we have to do is get there.”

“There’s a bus running from Cerulean to Vermillion city.” Misty smiled, “Cuts your trip in half.”

“Cool, we can take that tomorrow.” Ash took in another rice ball in to his mouth.

“Speaking of leaving,” Misty said slowly. “I was thinking that, um, maybe we could light firworks tonight. For Valentines day?”

“Valentines day isn’t for weeks,” Max noted.
    Other than this making me smile, fireworks is mispelled.

“How annoying!” May fumed as Max, Brock, and Misty headed off to go bye fireworks. It had only been a few hours since lunch.
    I think it was supposed to be headed off to go buy fireworks.

As fot the chapter as a whole, I certainly wasn't expecting a confession this early, but I'm not saying it was a bad decision. Poor Misty... I wonder how she'll take it.

The primary problem in this story are a handful of mechanical mistakes (like nearly everything above). I really look forward to how this unfolds. These forums need more Advanceshipping fics, and I'm glad to see one up here that's not written by me. I would like to be placed on the PM list, if you please. And I wholehearted look forward to your next chapter.

On a side note, what does the Story Title Mean? If it's an importiant spoiler, then you don't have to tell, but if not, then may I know what it means?

Banner by Scenice. Origonal Fanart by Suzu.
    And the Prequel: May's Crush
    My Fanfiction.net Profile
    Eternally an Advanceshipper
    It may be hard, but it's not impossible!

Quote Originally Posted by PikamasterADV View Post
    As fot the chapter as a whole, I certainly wasn't expecting a confession this early, but I'm not saying it was a bad decision. Poor Misty... I wonder how she'll take it.

These forums need more Advanceshipping fics, and I'm glad to see one up here that's not written by me. I would like to be placed on the PM list, if you please. And I wholehearted look forward to your next chapter.
    I completely argree with that, and I would like to be on the PM list too, if theres going to be one. I almost know this fic is gonna improve, because I know you've got great writingskills. (I'm pregnant? for example was excellent) oyeah, do you already have any idea how long this fic is going to be?

Misty's being really oblivious to Ash's feelings isn't she? And I don't think she's gonna like Ash's confession to May. Can I also be on the PM list please?
    It's a nice fic, and I hope you keep doing a good job with it!

Omigosh, thank you all for your lovely reviews, I don’t have time to reply to them all, so I’ll do a general reply. Lets see:

Hee hee, Misty’s psychic! WATCH OUT FOR THE PSYCHIC GYM LEADER(oh but wait, Sabrina’s got that title covered!)! Not, I just thought it would be funny that turned out to be right, sort of.
    I know making Ash confess this early is... early. But, well, it’ll make sense later. So will the title Moonsay, explaining it would lead to major spoilers, so you’ll have to wait for that.
    I explained Max juist with green hair at first and then I was going to change it but then I wanted to see how many people would confuse him with Drew, a lot I guess!

Okay, I had to point this out:
    I'm going to be fair: the things I'm going to point out are things I'd point out to anyone. But I'm also going to be fair, like I am to everyone. (Or, at least how I think I am.)
    ?

Othar than that, thankies, and enjoy this chap plz!
    Chapter 2

“I-I l-l-l-love you.”

“L-love?” May repeated. “Really?”

Ash nodded, and when he noticed May wasn’t saying anything, he shrugged his shoulders. “But right now probably isn’t the right time for it, huh?”

“Well, it’s not that...” May tilted her head to the side. “I guess this is all a little too... big for me right now.”

“Oh, that’s okay!” Ash waved his arms. “You don’t have to think about it now, I just...” Ash voice dropped down to a whisper. “I just wanted you to know.”

May smiled, it probably took so much courage for him to come up and tell her that. Ash Ketchum, the boy who has saved the world of pokemon more than anyone can count and can’t even get the guts to tell a girl he likes her. She giggled, “Ash, you’re so cute.”

“Huh?” Ash’s blushed deepened.

“Nothing, nothing.” May waved it off as if she were shooing off a fly. “I was just remembering something.” She looked down towards her shoes.

“You don’t want Max to go, right?”

The question had caught May so off guard, she took a step backwards and stared at Ash in surprise. “What?”

“You’ve been getting mad at Max a lot lately,” Ash pointed out. “I can’t remember who told me, but someone said that whenever someone is leaving, the closest person to them starts to act really angry at the person all the time so the person who leaves and the closest one doesn’t have to feel so much pain when the person finally leaves. In this case, you’d be the person who’s acting angry.”

May’s shoulders sagged, had it been that obvious? Had it been that obvious that she hadn’t wanted to see her brother go? She feel to her knees.

“Ah, May!” Ash kneeled down beside the troubled brunette. “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine,” She sighed. “I can’t believe I’m acting like this, that’s all.”

“What do you mean?”

May sighed again. “Max has always been so supportive of me and my contests, and the one time he needs me to be supportive, I walk out.” She looked towards Ash. “I guess I just really don’t want him to go off and become a pokemon trainer without traveling with us.”

“You know you can’t stop him if he does choose to travel on his own,” Ash said, trying to make it clear.

May nodded, “I know.”

Ash then smiled. “Don’t worry about it May, I felt the same way when Misty left. It wasn’t a matter of choice for her, but still...”

May looked up at her friend, if only he knew how much Misty loved him. But, if he did, what would he have done? “Um, Ash...?”

“Yeah?”

May paused, Misty probably didn’t want her to tell him.

Unless he confesses tonight!

“Uh,” May shook her head, “never mind.”

“Mm, okay.” Ash sat up straight, rubbing his belly.

“What’s wrong?” May asked., sitting up straight as well.

“Nothing, it’s just...” He rubbed his stomach again. “I’m hungry.”

May giggled. “Typical Ash!” She stood up. “Let’s go eat then.”

“That’s probably the best thing you said today, May.”

What about when I called you cute? She wanted to ask, but decided not to. Calling Ash cute again would probably make his head explode. Knowing him, he’s probably never confessed to a girl before(him saying that he hadn’t helped too), and since he hadn’t, a girl he liked probably never called him cute.
    ~*******~

“Nothing,” Ash groaned as he closed the Waterflower’s fridge. “I can’t believe Misty has nothing to eat.”

“Yes she does,” May said.

“Yeah, but nothing RM.” Ash replied.

“RM?” May repeated.

“Ready-made,” Ash explained. “Food that doesn’t need time to make.”

“Oh...” May’s eyes narrowed, it almost sounded like something a kid would use. “Well, it’s not like it’s the end of the world, we can make something to eat.”

“Aw,” Ash let out another groan. “But I’m hungry now.”

“Me too, but good food takes time to make, at least,” May put her finger on her chin. “That’s what my mom says.”

“Well, what should we make?”

“Um, let’s see,” May tapped her chin. The last time she’d visited home, she remembered they had eaten her mom’s famous spaghetti and Brock had asked for the recipe. How did the recipe go? Meatballs, pasta, sauce... but what were the measurements?

“May?”

“Well,” May snapped her fingers. “Hey, I know, let’s make my mom’s spaghetti!”

“You know how to make that?”

“Sort of.”

“Will ‘sort of’ be enough?”

May smiled weakly. “We’re just going have to see.”

~*******~

May fell in to one of the six chairs that surrounded Misty’s tan table, she sighed. “This isn’t working.”

“Hey!” Ash shouted, “May, the sauce looks like it’s going to explode!”

May closed her eyes, when Carolyn had told her of the recipe, it seemed so much easier, so much more fun...

“Now watch closely, May,” Carolyn said, pouring in the water to the pasta.

“Why did you add water?” May asked.

“Because without it, the pasta will stay as sticks and never become spaghetti.” Carolyn replied.

“Hm,” May looked over the boiling pot. “I never knew that.”

“Spaghetti isn’t the only food that requires water to cook, May, there are a lot of other foods. Doesn’t Brock tell you that?”

May shook her head. “No, Brock makes the food mom, we never ask him how to make it, we just know he does.”

Carolyn frowned, “well... wait one second dear.” She disappeared into the room beside the kitchen and reappeared shortly after with a small piece of paper.

“What’s that?” May asked.

“It’s the recipe, but honey, I want you to promise me you’ll at least try to make this.”

May took a hold of the single piece of paper. “Okay, but, why is this so important?”

“Well, you’re twelve and you don’t know how to cook. I know that isn’t important and all. But I knew how to cook since I was ten and it would put me at ease if my daughter knew how to cook at least one dish.”

“Okay mom,” May smiled. “I promise.”

Promise? May snorted, she lost the paper a few days after receiving it during some battle with team rocket. She figured she’d rely on memory, turns out her memory wasn’t that good. Although she’d seen her mother make it that day, it seems as if she’d gotten amnesia or something, because she couldn’t remember the measurements at all. And a recipe, as she had herd, is nothing if you don’t know how much of each item to put in.

When they had started making it, May was the one to call out the orders and Ash was to follow. They both, of course took on aprons. May found a cute flower one she liked and since this was a girls’ house, Ash had to wear a plain light blue one, the less girl-ish one he could find. At fist, things had gone well. They washed the supplies they needed and May told him to add the water to the pot. It was when they had gotten to the sauce they started to argue and things went down hill. Ash argued saying that the sauce hadn’t needed to be made, just heated in the microwave. May pointed out that they were using her mother’s recipe and that the sauce needed to be cooked. But then when they finally got to cooking, May’s mind went completely blank. She couldn’t remember what to add and how much of it. Of course, she hadn’t wanted to show Ash that the one thing she couldn’t even remember how to make the one thing she fought for so hard, so she began to add things out of nowhere, adding things that didn’t even make sense. Like bananas and apples, lemons and fish. And now that they had waited, the sauce was turning out to be more of a disaster than a tasty treat.

“May,” Ash pulled on the brunette’s arm. “You better come in here and look at this.”

Without much effort, May allowed Ash to pull her in to the kitchen.

“Look,” Ash said, pointing to the boiling pot.

May’s eyes widened, he wasn’t kidding. Although most spaghetti sauces are supposed to give off a beautiful maroon color, their’s gave off a disgusting yellowish green color. And now the sauce seemed to spit out a bubble every now and then as if it were getting ready to explode.

“What should we do?” Ash asked.

May shook her head, she didn’t know what to do, she’d never been in a situation like this... she froze, wait, was it just her or was the pot tipping over?

The pot was tipping over.

“Ash,” May glared towards her friend. “Tell me that you didn’t put that pot at the edge of the stove.”

“Huh?” Ash blinked. “Oops.”

“Ash, how could you?! Now the things going to...!”

Ash eyes widened, “t-too late May.”

May turned back to the stove just in time to catch their pot fall towards floor. It was so strange but it almost seemed as if everything was suddenly in slow motion. Like someone had made it that way. The way she turned on her heels and began to run so she wouldn’t get hit by the burning pot or its contents seemed slow.

“Wah!” Ash shouted as May bumped into him and sent him and her tumbling to the floor. “Ouch!”

“Ugh,” May opened one of her eyes. “Why did you have to leave it at the...” She paused.

“May, what’s wrong?” Ash asked, his eyes still closed.

“Uh, nothing!” If Ash had seen, he’d probably turn as red as... the flame from Torkoal’s overheat.

“May?”

May looked up and her jaw literally dropped, because standing there, at the doorway of the kitchen was Misty, just Misty.

Oh man, had she caught May at a bad position.

“What are you two doing?” There was a hurt look in her eyes, it made May feel so guilty.

Quickly the brunette rolled off of Ash and stood up to get a better look at Misty. “Listen!” She began. “It’s not what it looks like!”

Ash sat up then at the sound of the two girls. “Oh, hey Misty, back so soon?”

“Save it!” Misty said to Ash, looking up at May, she frowned. “I thought what I told you meant something, but apparently not.”

“Misty-!”

“Just save it!” Misty shouted once again before fleeing the scene.

Man, were they in trouble.

Chapter 2

Wow, I just made that scene look sooo wrong, whoopsie, R&R plz!
    ~*Uza-chan's Good bye*~

IS SUPAH FIIIINE

This is NOT looking pretty... Ash, dense as usual, probably wouldn't get a grip on the current situation.

“Uh, nothing!” If Ash had seen, he’d probably turn as red as... the flame from Torkoal’s overheat.
    I think that XD-001's eyes are redder. Or maybe May's clothes are redder... nah, they're more maroon. What do you think?

Oh god, I hope Misty gets a grip on herself soon... This chapter WAS a bit short, though. Even so, 8.10!

Thnx for updating, another great chapter. I only have a few comments; Maybe it would have been better if May showed a little more emotion when Ash told her he loved her, or doesn't May really feel that way yet?
    I really loved the way you made them making a real mess off the cooking, I think that was in-character very well. Misty catching them in a bad position makes the end off the story more exciting. I hope May doesn't feel to guilty 'cause she hasn't doing anything wrong really, and I wonder how good old dense Ash would react when he's starting to get what's going on.
    Good cliff-hanger, can't wait to read the next chapter. ^^

?
    1. I was tired when I was reviewing.
    2. My room mates were watching "South Park" in the background.
    3. I feel that I may tend to be softer on this fic because it's Advanceshipping.
    4. I feel that I may tend to be harder on this fic because it's Advanceshipping.
    5. ???
    6. Profit!

May closed her eyes, when Carolyn had told her of the recipe, it seemed so much easier, so much more fun...
    I believe it's spelled Caroline but if it's all the same to you, then it doesn't matter. /nitpick

And where's Ash's Pikachu? I don't believe you mentioned it in the chapter. I guess it's still in the Gym with Torkoal, huh?

And that's everything I see in the chapter. I didn't see any mistakes or anything. Great Work.

Now, May tackled Ash to the ground to save him from the hot puke-looking sauce, and Misty walked in, thinking something's up? Dun Dun Duuun!

I like how Ash doesn't seem to have changed his attitude much concerning how to act around May, even though he's admitted feelings for her. Ash is still Ash, even if he's in love.

Lookin' forward to the next chapter.

Thumbs up

ive only read the first chapter yet im hooked allready, very good begining, bit cunfusing but it made sence later on in the chapter, quite funny at bits yet serious at others.

“Um, uh, May.” Ash looked in to his friend’s sapphire eyes. “I-I l-l-l-love you.”

May’s eyes widened.

Poor girl, what would she do if it was May Ash was planning to confess to and not her?
    ...Defently a Dun Dun DUN moment, made me laugh anyway

Chapter two doesnt seem to long yet it has quite a bit in it, i must read on... PM LIST!!!plz
    “Ugh,” May opened one of her eyes. “Why did you have to leave it at the...” She paused.

“May, what’s wrong?” Ash asked, his eyes still closed.

“May?”

May looked up and her jaw literally dropped, because standing there, at the doorway of the kitchen was Misty, just Misty.

“What are you two doing?” There was a hurt look in her eyes, it made May feel so guilty.
    Again lol made me laugh
    Last edited by ditto704; 7th March 2007 at 9:32 AM.

Woah, Advacneshipping! Cool new story Uzamiki Hinata! Now on to the review!
    Drew?
    “Him?” May repeated. At first, when she’d heard Misty say that, Ash’s face popped in to her head. She was about to say something like ‘We don’t like each other that way’ because it was true, she interested in Ash like that, they were friends, that was all.
    Aww, deep down, May does love him...
    “Yes,” Misty had a lovesick look in her eyes as she looked towards Ash. “But you guys are going to leave tomorrow, and I can’t leave the gym.”
    A little pokeshipping?
    Ash, who had been caught by surprised, just blink. “Uh, yeah, I guess so.” But he hadn’t been thinking of Misty right then, no, there was a different girl on his mind.
    Aww, advaceshipping hints...
    “Uh, I don’t know how to say this,” Ash said, blushing little.

May rose an eyebrow, she’d never seen Ash blush unless it had to do with someone complementing him or something. This had to be serious.

“See, I’ve never said this to anyone before.”

“Go on.”

May’s eyes widened.

Woah, Ash confessed, May in shock and Misty is going to kill! On to chapter 2!
    May smiled, it probably took so much courage for him to come up and tell her that. Ash Ketchum, the boy who has saved the world of pokemon more than anyone can count and can’t even get the guts to tell a girl he likes her. She giggled, “Ash, you’re so cute.”
    Ah, advanceshippiness...
    Ash then smiled. “Don’t worry about it May, I felt the same way when Misty left. It wasn’t a matter of choice for her, but still...”
    Woo, pokeshipping....
    “Yeah, but nothing RM.” Ash replied.

“RM?” May repeated.

“Ready-made,” Ash explained. “Food that doesn’t need time to make.”

“Oh...” May’s eyes narrowed, it almost sounded like something a kid would use. “Well, it’s not like it’s the end of the world, we can make something to eat.”
    Hahaha, that is a good one, RM... Sounds like Red Mage from FF or something... I love the way you express Ash's stomach.
    “Hey!” Ash shouted, “May, the sauce looks like it’s going to explode!”
    Holy, I wondered (till I read what she put in it) what May put in the sauce to make it go boom...
    so she began to add things out of nowhere, adding things that didn’t even make sense. Like bananas and apples, lemons and fish. And now that they had waited, the sauce was turning out to be more of a disaster than a tasty treat.
    *Pukes* Man, that sounds really digusting... Funny but weird.
    “May,” Ash pulled on the brunette’s arm. “You better come in here and look at this.”

Without much effort, May allowed Ash to pull her in to the kitchen.

“Look,” Ash said, pointing to the boiling pot.

May’s eyes widened, he wasn’t kidding. Although most spaghetti sauces are supposed to give off a beautiful maroon color, their’s gave off a disgusting yellowish green color. And now the sauce seemed to spit out a bubble every now and then as if it were getting ready to explode.
    Ahh Run!!! Exploding monster sauce!

Quickly the brunette rolled off of Ash and stood up to get a better look at Misty. “Listen!” She began. “It’s not what it looks like!”
    Oh-oh, that is not good... And I am done, the two chapters were good. But I can't picture how it looked when May and Ash were on the ground. I hope you continue IP2 soon too! Add me onto the PM list for this too!

Yay! Time to reply to all ur lovely reviews!
    This is NOT looking pretty... Ash, dense as usual, probably wouldn't get a grip on the current situation.
    Totally, Ash's character is so much fun to write about even when it gets to the subject of love! *laughs*

Oh god, I hope Misty gets a grip on herself soon... This chapter WAS a bit short, though. Even so, 8.10!
    Well, sure it was short, but I had homework to get to, so my apologies. 8.10? AWESOME! Good score! Good score! Good score!
    Ah, and thank you for reading!

Thnx for updating, another great chapter. I only have a few comments; Maybe it would have been better if May showed a little more emotion when Ash told her he loved her, or doesn't May really feel that way yet?
    I really loved the way you made them making a real mess off the cooking, I think that was in-character very well. Misty catching them in a bad position makes the end off the story more exciting. I hope May doesn't feel to guilty 'cause she hasn't doing anything wrong really, and I wonder how good old dense Ash would react when he's starting to get what's going on.
    Good cliff-hanger, can't wait to read the next chapter. ^^
    Thanx for reading! ^^
    Well, see that's the thing I made May show little to no emotion because, well, you'll get it as the story get's moving. As for the question, it will be answered hopefully in da chapter to come!
    hee hee, thank you, them cooking was such a funny idea that I just had to put it in! And can you really imagine Ash and May good cooks? Really, I can't, which makes it so great for them to make a mess!
    Ash and his denstiy, well, May does sorta hafta feel guilty cuz, you know, Misty did tell her she was in love with Ash.
    Thank you for reading!

1. I was tired when I was reviewing.
    2. My room mates were watching "South Park" in the background.
    3. I feel that I may tend to be softer on this fic because it's Advanceshipping.
    4. I feel that I may tend to be harder on this fic because it's Advanceshipping.
    5. ???
    6. Profit!
    Hee hee, makes sense I suppose! Ooh, I love south park!
    I believe it's spelled Caroline but if it's all the same to you, then it doesn't matter. /nitpick

And where's Ash's Pikachu? I don't believe you mentioned it in the chapter. I guess it's still in the Gym with Torkoal, huh?

And that's everything I see in the chapter. I didn't see any mistakes or anything. Great Work.

Now, May tackled Ash to the ground to save him from the hot puke-looking sauce, and Misty walked in, thinking something's up? Dun Dun Duuun!

I like how Ash doesn't seem to have changed his attitude much concerning how to act around May, even though he's admitted feelings for her. Ash is still Ash, even if he's in love.

Lookin' forward to the next chapter.
    I like spelling Caroline Carolyn, I dunno why, but I just like it that way.

Er... Pikachu, um, he died?
    No, I'M JUST KIDDING! He's alive, and yes, he's still with Torkoal. I know Pika that you have no trouble when it comes to adding Pikachu in the fic, but I do. I sorta forget him sometimes when he plays such a big role in Ash's life! But this time I didin't forget him, I just left him with Torkoal!

Oh, thanks!

Heh, yup! Good 'ole lovable Misty! May is a savior!

Like I said before, Ash is such a great character to write for! And, well, who can imagine him different? Even if he's in love? XD

Okay, thankies for reading!

ive only read the first chapter yet im hooked allready, very good begining, bit cunfusing but it made sence later on in the chapter, quite funny at bits yet serious at others.
    I can't wait until you read the second, Josh(see, I called you by ur name! ^^)
    Thanks for the comments, but where was it confusing?

...Defently a Dun Dun DUN moment, made me laugh anyway
    Gotta love those "Dun Dun DUN" moments! Glad it made you laugh!

Chapter two doesnt seem to long yet it has quite a bit in it, i must read on... PM LIST!!!plz
    Yay, you're reading the second chap! You are added on to the PM list!

Again lol made me laugh
    Yay for laughable moments! hee, thank you for reading!

Oh, and before I forget, CONGRATS JOSH ON MAKING SUCH AN AWESOME REVIEW! Finally it won't be seen as spam and it won't be deleted, so thank you too!

Woah, Advacneshipping! Cool new story Uzamiki Hinata! Now on to the review!
    Yay! And thanks, oh, but plz, call me Uza-chan! I'd like it better!

Drew?
    *adds to the list of ppl who thought Max was Drew*
    Aww, deep down, May does love him...
    hee, I like the way you think, deep down, ur a true blue advanceshipper(or would advanceshipping have a red color?) And yet u still read my contestshipping fic, thankies for that!
    A little pokeshipping?
    Yes, one-sided, but yes.

hee hee, yup! Bring on da advanceshiping!

Woah, Ash confessed, May in shock and Misty is going to kill! On to chapter 2!
    Yup yup! Now, chapter 2 it is!

Ah, advanceshippiness...
    lovely lovely advanceshipping...

Woo, pokeshipping....
    Mm, actually
    it's supposed to show their friendship, but maybe in a way it can be translated as pokeshipping?

Hahaha, that is a good one, RM... Sounds like Red Mage from FF or something... I love the way you express Ash's stomach.
    RM is actually something I use at home(cept I say Ready made and not just RM) Yeah, Ash's stomach, one of those things you gotta love about him!

Holy, I wondered (till I read what she put in it) what May put in the sauce to make it go boom...
    Hot sauce could be something! But I wonder if those ingredients really could make sauce go BOOM!

*Pukes* Man, that sounds really digusting... Funny but weird.
    I don't think anyone else would either.

Ahh Run!!! Exploding monster sauce!
    lmao

Oh-oh, that is not good... And I am done, the two chapters were good. But I can't picture how it looked when May and Ash were on the ground. I hope you continue IP2 soon too! Add me onto the PM list for this too!
    Picture May being half on top of Ash half on the floor, see it now?

I'll get to IP2 as soon as I can, I promise(hopefully that means this weekend!)

You are added to the PM list and thank you for reading!
    ~*Uza-chan's Good bye*~

IS SUPAH FIIIINE

Preety good so far, Kid. I just don't understand why one of your characters has DHS. Good start, you're doing better than I can.

Hooray!
    Il Menestrello:
    Claimer of many songs
    MyAnimeList

From Pixiv

Great fic, Uza-chan (Is that how you spell it, lol).

It's shorter than your other fics but it is really good. The plot and the sacue scene was so good!

You did Daisy's character so well even if she was there for like 3 seconds "Gawd, just chill" Lol!

And poor misty! Her heart must be broken!

This fic is really good and I can tell the next chapter is going to be great and remember to keep updating your other fics too!

10/10!!!
    Last edited by Tbone2356; 12th March 2007 at 9:38 PM.
    That awkward moment when three years after inactivity you feel the need to come back to the fandom.

Smile

I changed the begging of this chapter three times over, yeesh, I hope you like the final product.

Chapter 3

“Just save it!”

“Misty wait!” May cried as the troubled gym leader bolted for the door.

“What happened?” Ash asked, his face showed a mix of emotions then, curiosity, hurt, and guilt.

What did he have to feel so guilty about?

“She-I-we...!” May stammered endlessly. Wait, what the heck was wrong? Why couldn’t she get the words out? Why couldn’t she just tell him, she caught us at a bad time. Yes, that’s what she should have said, she caught us at a bad time.

“Ash, May!” Max shouted as he came in to the kitchen, Brock following close behind. “What did you do to Misty? She seemed pretty angry about something.”

“Really angry,” Brock added. “I can’t even imagine what you two did.”

“Ah,” May looked from Ash’s confused face to the two before her. “Um, Misty ran out because I...” May’s shoulders slumped. “I don’t know, it’s just all-”

“My fault!” Ash interrupted.

May’s eyes widened from surprise as she looked back at Ash. “Wh-what?”

“Your fault?” Max repeated, an eyebrow raised.

“Well, yeah, I guess we started arguing and I went too far.” Ash lied.

“Then why did May say she was sorry if it was your fault?” Brock asked.

“I, I told her to cover for me,” Ash looked over at May with his lying chocolate eyes. “Thanks May.”

May shook her head, she couldn’t let him take the fault for her. It wouldn’t be fair. “No, but-!”

“Wait, what did you say to her?” Max asked.

“Some stuff,” Ash shrugged. “Look, it’s not important, I’ll go talk to her after I get Pikachu.”

“Um, Ash,” Brock shook his head. “Maybe you should do this without Pikachu.”

“Why?” Ash was back to being confused. “He’s slept long enough I think.”

“I think he hasn’t,” Brock replied. Although of course he had, but for the sake of Ash’s density, he used another excuse just to get the him and Misty alone.

Did he think Ash and Misty belonged to be together? May wondered. If he had, he was right, the two should be together. It was too bad Ash liked May.

“Fine,” Ash huffed. “I won’t take Pikachu.”

“Ash, wait.” May began.

“Hm?”

“I, uh...” Wait, what was it she wanted to tell him again? What did she need to say to him? What was it that was screaming to come out of her? “Um, come back soon because we... we all need to be here f-for the fireworks. ”

Ash stared, “um, okay. Sure, I’ll be back soon.” He smiled at her before leaving the house after Misty.

Max cracked a smile. “Come back soon,” He began to mimic after May. He fluttered his eyelashes playfully at his sister. “Come back soo-oon because we all need to be here for the fireworks. And maybe after that, we can smooch until the sun comes. Just you and me A-ashy!”

May frowned down at her brother. “Max, if you don’t get out of my face at the count of ten, I. Will. Kill. You.”

“Aaah!” Max cried as he jumped behind Brock. “Brock! Brock!” He shouted to the mature one of the group. “Protect me from May!”

“Comr on, you guys.” Brock rolled eyes. “This isn’t the time for that, we have to set the fireworks because May told Ash to come back soon.”

“BROCK!” May screeched.

The pokemon breeder smiled. “Sorry, couldn’t help it.”
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Misty, is that you?” Ash asked, it took him sometime but then he finally found Misty sitting at the small fountain that stood in the middle of town.

The fountain was the same place Misty had let her one of her water pokemon to swim when they had returned to Cerulean after Ash had battled with the Cinnabar gym leader.

The small street lamp that hung itself over the fountain flickered its light a few times prohibiting Ash from being able to tell whether or not the girl was still angry. “Uh, Misty.”

“Leave me alone,” Misty turned away from Ash.

“No, I can’t leave you alone if I came all the way here,” Ash sighed. “Why did you have to run so far?”

“You never used to complain about running before,” Misty said, hugging her knees. “I wonder if it’s all that girl’s doing.”

“Huh?” Ash took a seat beside Misty. “What are you talking about?”

“I’m talking about May!” Misty said. She looked up at Ash , a look of anger and sadness washed over her face.

“What about May?” Ash asked. Why would Misty bring May up at a time like this?

“What is it about her you like? What is it about her that you love?” The young gym leader cried. “Why is it her when I was with you longer?! What is it she has that I don’t? Tell me Ash.” Misty leaned forward, moving closer to Ash. “Tell me.” She pressed on.

“I-I,” Ash inched back, she was getting too close. “I don’t know what you’re talking about Misty.”

“Don’t lie, you like her, don’t you? That’s why you let her get on top of you like that.”

Ash blushed, wait how did she know? How did she know about his feelings for May when he’d only told the young brunette that same day?

“I saw you,” Misty said, answering his thoughts. “I saw you in the kitchen, on the floor earlier.”

“On the floor?” Wait, hadn’t she said he’d let May..? “Wait, you saw me and...”

“What is it...?” Misty’s eyes began to water. “What is it she has that I don’t?”

“Misty, I...” How was he supposed to answer that? What did she expect him to say? Ash looked down towards the floor. “I-I’m sorry.”

Misty looked away for a few seconds before throwing her arms around the raven haired boy. “I love you,” she sobbed in to his chest.

Ash could do nothing but pat her back in return.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Those fireworks were a lot of fun yesterday!” Max said to his sister May.

It was the next day and the four of them, along with their pokemon, were heading towards the bus stop. They were getting ready to ride the bus Misty had told them about, the one that headed from Cerulean to Vermillion.

“It was, wasn’t it?” May smiled. “Especially using the sprinklers!”

“Except Ash and Misty didn’t do mu-”

“Yaa!” May waved her hands in front of her in order to get Max to stop. “And remember when Brock burned the burgers yesterday!”

“Hey!” Brock said, stepping into the conversation. “It wasn’t my fault, I told Ash to watch them. And he, for some reason, didn’t tell me until they were burned.”

“Well, it’s not like Ash can cook,” May pointed out.

“And if you weren’t too busy flirting with Daisy, you would have taken responsibility over the burgers like you were supposed to.” Max added.

“Well, I...”

May sighed happily, as long as they didn’t point out what had happened with Ash the night before she was happy.

Ash.

The young raven haired boy hadn’t said much of a word yesterday after returning with Misty. For some reason, Brock and Max hadn’t noticed the sudden mood change. Brock went on flirting with Daisy, Lily, and Violet; and Max hadn’t thought twice when he pulled May, Ash, and Misty along to help him use the fireworks. Misty smiled and laughed along with him but Ash sat down the second he had a chance to. And when Brock asked him to watch the sizzling burgers, Ash had immediately agreed and left May, Max, Misty, and Pikachu.

May watched Ash as he walked over to the other side of the Waterflower’s backyard and stared lifelessly in to the grill. She wanted to ask him what was wrong but something told her he probably would tell her everything was alright and move away from her. May decided to turn to Misty and ask her what was wrong. So the second she got her alone, she apologized for what she had seen in the kitchen and asked what was wrong with Ash. Misty accepted May’s apology but when May had asked about Ash, she placed a sad smile and shook her head. And that was it. She hadn’t said anything about Ash or what was wrong with him, she just shook her head and walked off to Max when he had called her. It left May to wonder what really happened between the two.

And now, now Ash walked silently ahead of the group with Pikachu on his shoulder. He hadn’t spoke a word this morning, so sleeping hadn’t done much to change his mood. May was starting to get worried too.

“How long do you think it will take us to get to Lavender town?” Max asked behind May.

“It depends how long the bus ride will take,” Brock answered. “What do you think May? Do you think we’ll come in time for your contest?”

“I, uh,” May didn’t feel like answering then, she wanted to talk to Ash. She wanted to ask him what was wrong. Maybe there was a way to do that. May walked up until she was right in step with Ash, standing beside him. “What do you think Ash?”

Ash looked over at May, still having the same lifeless look on his face as yesterday. “About what?”

“About, about how long it will take us to get to Lavender town.” May replied.

“And whether or not we’ll get there in time for May’s contest.” Brock added.

“I don’t know how long it will take us to get to Lavender town,” Ash began as he stopped walking.

“What’s wrong?” Max asked as he and Brock came in behind Ash, Pikachu, and May.

“Is that...?” Ash asked as he pointed towards a moving blue bus. “The bus we’re supposed to go on?”

“Ah!” May cried. “It is!”

“No way!” Brock shouted. “We have to get on that or we’ll never make it to Lavender town!”

“Or my contest!” May added.

The four kids along with Pikachu, ran after the bus as quick as they could, waving their hands crazily in to the air, attempting to catch the driver’s attention.

“Please mister!” Max shouted. “We have to get on!”

“Pika pi!”

The little kids on the bus pressed their faces on the windows, trying to get a better look of the crazed trainers that were following them. They giggled and pointed as May and her friends panted and shouted. The older trainers on the bus smiled too but did nothing to inform the driver of the running kids.

“Hey!” Ash shouted, surprising his friends. “We need to get on this bus!”

The bus driver finally looked down at the young trainers, he opened his window. “What do you want?”

“We need to get on,” Brock answered.

“Too bad kids, I have a schedule to follow.”

“Yeah but...!” May began.

“Sorry,” The driver closed the window, not giving May a chance to finish.

“...We have a schedule too.”

“Man, what are we going to do now?” Max asked as the bus drove away.

“I guess we’ll have to walk,” Brock said with a shrug.

“Ohhh,” May fell down to her knees. “I don’t like the sound of that.”

“Cheer up, May,” Max said, attempting to cheer up his sister. “This way, we won’t be cooped up in a bus.”

“I’d rather be cooped up then walk more than we have to.”

Brock pulled out his guide book. “Hey, look, says here that buses come every four hours.”

“So the next one will come at...” Max tapped his chin. “One ‘o clock.”

May groaned again. “We’ll never make it to my contest, I just know it.”

Ash looked from one friend to another before turning his back on them and beginning to walk on the same path the bus did.

“Where are you going?” Brock asked him.

Ash stopped and looked back at him. “We’re not going to get to Lavender town by sitting down.”

That was true, Brock began to jog to catch up with his friend.

“Come on May,” Max said. “We have to get going.”

“You go on a head,” May said. “I’ll catch up.”

Max shrugged and did as he was told. He walked off to catch up with the others.

May sighed, she never expected to walk to Lavender town. If she had, she would have eaten more at breakfast for energy. And what if they never got there in time? They could continue being optimistic about it, but the truth was that the contest was only in a few days.

I’ll be attending the next one.

May looked up at the clear blue sky, Drew. He told her for sure that he’d be at the next contest. The two hadn’t battled each other in a long time, she wanted to get to this contest to show him how much stronger she became. “Just you wait,” she whispered. “I’ll beat you next time Drew.”

“May, come on!”

May looked up at her friends as they waved at her. She smiled and stood up. “Coming!” She shouted.

She ran a few steps before tripping on a few strands left from her shoes. “Oof!” May cried as she fell to the ground. She sat up straight and reached for her shoes. For some reason, her ankle was throbbing.

“Hey!” Max shouted. “Are you okay?!”

“I-I think I twisted my ankle,” May replied looking over at her friends.

They all stood silent for a few seconds before their faces began to turn pale.

“What’s wrong?” May asked.

The three boys suddenly began to wave their hands crazily in to the air. What was wrong? Why the heck were they doing that?

“May!” Ash finally cried. “THERE’S A CAR COMING IN BEHIND YOU!”

May’s body froze up.

END OF CHAPTER 3

Finally, done. So, what did you think of it, bad, good, horrible, great?
    ~*Uza-chan's Good bye*~

IS SUPAH FIIIINE

Hm...
    Short, Suspensful, & kinda akward. I never pictured Ash to hold grudes. Oh well. You did pretty good. Looking forward to Chapter 4
    Il Menestrello:
    Claimer of many songs
    MyAnimeList

From Pixiv

“Except Ash and Misty didn’t do mu-”

“Yaa!” May waved her hands in front of her in order to get Max to stop. “And remember when Brock burned the burgers yesterday!”

“Hey!” Brock said, stepping into the conversation. “It wasn’t my fault, I told Ash to watch them. And he, for some reason, didn’t tell me until they were burned.”
    Lol, that was hilarious

I wonder what will happen with the car? I bet Ash will come in 'nd save the day (or chapter/story). Again, a bit short. Can't wait for the next chapter!

Oh my god car! Ash is acting strange and May is sad, this does not bode well for advanceshipping... But good chapter thought, love the humor.

This chap was kinda akward, it was like everybody losses, where is the love? xD Its was good written though and I'm sure it will get better later on. Finally nice cliffy, I'm already looking forward to the next chapter!

I found just a little typo:
    Comr on, you guys.” Brock rolled eyes. “This isn’t the time for that, we have to set the fireworks because May told Ash to come back soon.”

Lol, they ditched Misty, but I'm guessing May will wind up in the hospital or She will be saved and they will turn to Misty for help because of May's twisted ankle.

Great cliff-hanger there! And all of the drama and dialouge is really great. Can't wait for the next chapter!

Edit- Awesome! New Rank!
    That awkward moment when three years after inactivity you feel the need to come back to the fandom.

I'll just say the obvious, May will never get to the contest if she does get hit by the car. I hope she doesn't though. The chapter was short, but good nonetheless.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Hmm... this chapter was kind of a downer. Ash is depressed, May is worried, they missed the bus, and now someone's probably gonna hit May.

I'm actually gonna go out on a limb and say that either Gary, Prof. Oak, or Scott is in the car, seeing as they own the few cards in the Pokemon World, apparently. But it just as likely be someone else.

Yeah, I know, The last chapter was... not my best. No shippyness, ay? Well, I hope this one covers for that!
    Chapter 4

"May, watch out!"

May turned her head just in time to catch a glimpse of the light blue pick-up truck driving towards her with incredible speed. The driver in the truck was bobbing his head to the music he was listening to and not paying attention to the girl he was about to crash in to.

"May!" Max screeched.

The young brunette put her arms up, doing whatever she could to protect herself. At that second, everything in her body seemed shake in fear. May's eyes snapped to a shut as she screamed. The truck, what would happen if the truck reached her...? If it hit her ...?

"May!" Ash shouted, he frowned to see his friend sitting there, not even attempting to stand up. "We have to do something." He growled, clenching his fists.

"Someone save my sister!" Max cried. "Someone, please!"

"Okay," Ash picked Pikachu off of his shoulder and gave him to Max. "Watch him," he told the young boy.

Tears of fear were beginning to cloud up Max's vision. "What about you?" He squeaked.

"Pika pi," Pikachu mewed in sadness.

"Don't worry," Ash smiled. "I'll be fine."

"You better hurry!" Brock shouted. "That truck is gaining on her!"

"Right!" Ash turned his back on his friends and began to run towards the scared brunette. "May!"

"Huh?" May looked back just as Ash was getting closer and closer to her.

"Stand up!" He shouted. "Move!"

"I-I can't!" May pointed towards her swollen ankle.

Ash groaned, "Fine," he said.

"What are you going to do?"

Without another word, Ash threw his arms in front of him as he jumped on top of May. He pushed the brunette down straight on the floor, so she was laying on her back. Ash pulled May's hands closer to her body as he crouched down closer to her chest, their bodies were aligned together perfectly.
    "Close your eyes," Ash whispered.

May did just that, and to her surprise, the car passed right over them, she could feel its shadow pass by one second, and then gone the next. Who would've known Ash was so smart? Anyone one else would have made sure to push May out of the way, getting themselves hurt instead, but Ash managed to find a way to save them both.

"Hey!" Max shouted happily. "He saved her! Ash saved May!"

Brock nodded with admiration. "That was quick thinking."

The truck that nearky hit May screeched to a halt a few feet from where May and Ash lay. Slowly the passenger door was opened and out came a boy, a little taller than Ash himself. The boy wore a blue t-shirt with a pair of jeans with spikey red-ish brown hair sprouting out from his head. "Well, well," He crossed his arms. "I knew Jordan was going to hit someone, but who knew it woulda be Ashy?"

"Ashy?" Max repeated.

Brock smiled. "Hey, didn't think we'd see you here."

The boy smiled.

"Okay," Ash whispered, "It's gone." He rolled off of May so he and she could sit up.

"Uh, Ash?" May looked towards the raven haired boy, new admiration formed in her eyes. He saved her, he really saved her. May blushed, even if it meant that he had to get on top of her like that. "Th-thanks."

Ash's own face began to heat up when he'd noticed what he'd done. "No problem," he said looking away.

May smiled and put her hand over her friend's, she really was grateful to him. Ash smiled back, looking in to the brunette's eyes. And for seconds it seemed as if nothing else existed... until that is, Max pulled the two back down to Earth.

"May!"

May was startled by the feel of Max's arms around her neck."May! You're okay!"

"Oh, hi Max," May said, she was still feeling a little dazed by it all.

"Pika pi!" Pikachu jumped in to his master's arms with worry.

"I'm alright!" Ash said, chuckling. "I'm fine Pikachu, and so is May."

"Thanks to you." May looked back towards Ash, it almost seemed like saving her was all he needed to return back to normal from the zombie state he'd been in since he'd spoke to Misty yesterday.

"Hey Ash," Max said, pulling himself away from May. "I think that boy knows you."

"What boy?" Ash's eyes darted from place to place, trying to search for whom Max was talking about. Finally though,it fell on to the single boy who stood next to the light blue pick-up truck. "Gary!" Ash shouted.

"Gary?" Max and May repeated in unison.

"Took you long enough," Gary smirked. "What are you doing on the floor?"

Ash ignored what Gary had said, instead he became angry. "You nearly killed May!" Ash shouted, standing up. "What the heck were you doing driving?"

"I wasn't driving," Gary replied. "Jordan was."

"Who?"

"Jordan," Gary tapped the passenger window lightly and out came a man, the same height as Gary, with jeans, a white undershirt, and a cowboy hat on."Jordan is my assistant at the lab."

"Gary!" Max shouted, snapping his fingers. "Hey, I know you! You're that guy who's Professor Oak's grandson. You used to be a Pokemon Trainer but quit after the Johto league. Now you work at a lab on some island off of the coast of Pallet, right?"

"Yup." Gary smiled. "Whoa, you sure know your stuff kid."

"Well," Max blushed.

"Let me guess," Gary tapped his chin. "You're Max Maple? The famous gym leader, Norman Maple's son. Almost about to get your first Pokemon?"

"Y-yeah," Max's eyes widened with surprise, how did he know?

"If you work at the lab, why are you here?" May asked. "Doesn't lab work keep you busy?"

"Most of the time I guess," Gary answered. "Hey, are you May Maple, the sister of Max?"

May nodded.

"Then that also means you've won about two riboons and are expecting to win one from Lavender town."

"W-wow!" May said. "How do you know all of this?"

"Yeah," Ash frowned. "I never told you about May and Max."

Gary smiled, "I have my ways." He leaned back on the truck. "Anyways, I think I'm happy I bumped in to you now.There's something I need to tell you."

"Ah, Mr. Oak," Jordan turned to Gary. "Isn't that top secret?"

"I won't tell them everything," Gary told his assisstant.

"Tell us everything about what?" asked Brock, he stood behind Ash and May now.

Gary's smile faded. "You'll see."
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Gary sat cross legged in the pick up part of the truck. He leaned his back on the back window of the truck. On his right sat May and Ash
    and to his to his left sat Max and Brock.

"What is it you needed to tell us?" Ash asked.

Gary took in a deep breath. "I know you guys are on the road, so you don't have much time to catch the news. But something horrible has happened,
    for some reason, a month ago, a lot of pokemon turned in to the Pokemon Center really sick. And it wasn't just that, the pokemon, as their trainers
    explained, were not obeying them and were often found attacking their own trainers out of fear. And when they were turned in to the pokemon center,
    they seemed to act more and more unlike themselves, losing more and more of their ability to walk and talk. When the pokemon first became sick
    they showed dark half circles under their eyes and their faces became very pale. And after about a month, the pokemon became too weak to survive on
    their own and... died."

"That's horrible!" May gasped as she put her hands up to cover her mouth.

"Why aren't the doctor's doing anything?" Ash asked.

"They don't know what to do," Gary answered. "They've tried everything they can, giving every medicine they can, treating each pokemon for every disease they thought it was, and they even did surgery to find out if it was an internal problem. But nothing gave them such luck, they couldn't save a single pokemon. And what's worse is that there are hundreds of Pokemon showing up sick each and everyday. And we've pinpointed where most Pokemon are showing up sick." Gary nodded his head towards Jordan, who sat in the front seat with his window rolled open."Which is...?"

"Lavender Town, Kanto," Jordan answered, almost robotically.

"We can't just give up!" Ash said, clenching his fists. "We can't let all of those pokemon die, we have to save them somehow."

"But how?" Max asked. "You heard Gary, even the pokemon doctors don't know what to do."

"That's not an excuse," Ash replied. "We still have to do something."

"That's what I was thinking," Gary said. "Maybe the doctors don't know what to do, but I don't believe we can just give up that easily."

"Do you have a plan?" Brock asked.

"I do," Gary sighed. "But I'm not supposed to say what it is."

"So what are we supposed to do?" May asked before Ash had a chance to get angry. "I mean, is there anything we can do?"

"Well, I'm about to head to Vermillion City," Gary replied. "It's rumored that a lot of pokemon were sent to their pokemon hospitals and centers because the ones in Lavender town are getting too full and they can't handle that much pokemon. I need to be somewhere, but you guys can go check around for me and ask things like how long the pokemon has been there and how far in the sickness they are in."

"How is that helping?" Ash asked, he really wanted to do something that was actually progressive.

"In order to attack a problem, we must first see how we are going to attack, and to see that, we must learn more of the problem." Gary answered.

"Wait, huh?" Ash portrayed a look of confusion.

"It's like this," Brock turned to face Ash. "Imagine that you are battling someone new, like a fronteir brain. And you know nothing of this brain, like what pokemon they use and what type of strategy they have. So the only way you can win is by learning all about him or her."

"So you want us to do your dirty work?" Max peaked an eyebrow.

"No, no," Gary shook his head. "See, if I wasn't so busy, I'd do it with Jordan and not even ask for your help."

None of the trainers looked convinved.

"Fine," Gary crossed his arms."If you don't believe me, I don't care. I guess Jordan and I won't have to offer you a ride to Vermillion since you're not helping me."

"Wait," May leaned forward to distribute her weight on to her hands as well. "Did you say Vermillion as in the Vermillion city?"

Gary nodded. "The one and only."

May looked back towards her friends. Sure they had missed the bus, but riding along with Gary had to be the next best thing right? If they walked, they would never reach Lavender Town in time. Her friends had to understand that, right?

"Fine," Ash said. "We'll do that stuff for you Gary, just so you can take us to Vermillion city."

"Really?" May asked, turning her head to face Ash.

"Yeah sure," Ash shrugged. "We have to get to your contest, right?"

Gary smiled. "I was hoping you'd say that." He tapped lightly on the window behind him, and without warning, the truck began to move on highspeed.

"Yah!" Max hit in to Brock and the gym leader in return, kept the boy up.

May had been affected way more because she had been using her hands to keep her up. When the truck started to move, she fell sideways towards Ash. He held out his hands to catch her but missed and she fell in to his lap on accident.

"Ow," May said as she opened her eyes.

"A-are you okay?" Ash asked, he blushed at the feel of May's head on his lap.

"Huh?" May's eyes widened when she noticed where she was. Without skipping a beat, she jumped off of Ash with her face burning.

"I didn't know you started to get friendly with the ladies Ashy," Gary smirked.

"I'm not!" Ash shouted embarrassed.

"He's not!" May shouted at the same time, equally embarrassed.

"Uhhh," Small drops of sweat began to form on Max's and Brock's faces.

"Well," Brock said. "At least we'll get to Vermillion city."

"That's for sure!" Max said. "And in a hurry too!"
    END OF CHAPTER 4

Was that a short chapter? Yeah, I think so. Well, I hope this one was better than the last!
    ~*Uza-chan's Good bye*~

IS SUPAH FIIIINE

Great work! This chapter WAS longer than the last one, so that's great!

Quote Originally Posted by Uzamaki Hinata
    May had been affected way more because she had been using her hands to keep her up. When the truck started to move, she fell sideways towards Ash. He held out his hands to catch her but missed and she fell in to his lap on accident.

"Ow," May said as she opened her eyes.

"A-are you okay?" Ash asked, he blushed at the feel of May's head on his lap.

"Huh?" May's eyes widened when she noticed where she was. Without skipping a beat, she jumped off of Ash with her face burning.

"I didn't know you started to get friendly with the ladies Ashy," Gary smirked.

"I'm not!" Ash shouted embarrassed.

"He's not!" May shouted at the same time, equally embarrassed.

"Uhhh," Small drops of sweat began to form on Max's and Brock's faces.

"Well," Brock said. "At least we'll get to Vermillion city."

"That's for sure!" Max said. "And in a hurry too!"
    Ha ha ha! That was great! Yelling at the same time as May doesn't help anything, Ash! Heh heh heh...

*POW!*

That was a great chapter! I would've reviewed earlier (before you PMed me), but my computer was going horrendously slow. 9/10!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast