Thread: Easy way to find Latios the first time?

Default Easy way to find Latios the first time?

I know it will show where Latios is in the Pokedex after you've seen it the first time but I just beat my game as fast as possible just to get the other Lati..so can someone tell me the easiest way to find it the first time?

Also, to save some space...I also need help finding Bagon. I've looked all over Meteor falls and can't find it....any help would be great.
    Last edited by kstar; 19th February 2007 at 4:13 AM.

Usually, the easiest way is if you already caught the same Lati from another game and trade it to your current data file. That pretty much sums it up.

Back in the old R/S days, I heard a lot of people saying they first encountered it near the Sky Pillar. But that doesn't mean you could easily find one there; it's random.

You find Bagon in the place where you find TMDragon Claw...Just keep looking, and you'll find it....

Is the lati available ONLY after U beat the game? I'm pretty sure its not, but, say if u traded it over before u beat the game, would it show up on your pokedex?

[IMG]http://i45.*******.com/1qkf9g.jpg[/IMG]
    |{click here!}|
    |{My Bishie | Spenser from Pokemon Ranger.}|
    [img]http://i50.*******.com/2s993tj.jpg[/img][img]http://i45.*******.com/hvatna.jpg[/img]

DragonRanger it IS only available after you beat the game.
    And yes if you traded one over it would appear in your pokedex and you would be able to track it.

There is usually no way to quickly see it immediately. Just instead of flying actually use the routes. Mabye you'll run into it.

Kisuke Urahara from Bleach - Supergodzilla1
    MY BISHIE!!!

well after you have it in your pokedex (tarde or seen) you can use it to seen in what area it is. but when you restar you change the area i supose if you save in a area whit not much grass and you check the pokedex if isn't there you restart agani and you will find it (the same way i use). i recomend use wobbufets (shadow tag high defence and special defence

Get an acro bike adn a max repel, go to an area of of grass and do the bunny hop on your bike.

I would suggest tapping the button down or putting something on it. After a while you'll get the lati, i suggest having a wobbuffet with you as the lati won't be able to run away.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugia Thunder View Post
    Get an acro bike adn a max repel, go to an area of of grass and do the bunny hop on your bike.

I would suggest tapping the button down or putting something on it. After a while you'll get the lati, i suggest having a wobbuffet with you as the lati won't be able to run away.
    Could anyone confirm if this is accurate?

it should work, using the bunny hop won't count as steps so you're repel will last. just make sure that the pokemon in the front of your party is lv40 or lower for the repel to work. if you don't find it after a while, switch routes and try again

but, i suggest you use lower its hp and paralyze latios first, and then use wobbuffet when you try to catch it
    Pearl FC: 0430 5238 5397
    Platinum FC: 5155 9132 7698

Shinies
    Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
    Pearl: Purugly

Need help with breeding chains? PM me

I'm not sure about Latios, but I do know that the Latias that I caught had the tendency to be either on the right, or left side of Pacifidlog, or on route 117 in the grassy patch or small pond.

I hope that helped a little.

Run back and forth between 2 routes and check your pokedex every time you change route. Eventually it'll be on the same route as you.Then, use a max repel with a level 39 wobufett infront and you should find it and trap it.
    [IMG]http://i32.*******.com/169err8.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i31.*******.com/3143151.jpg[/IMG]
    Shhh.

And what if I don't have Lati@s' pokedex entry?

Do exactly the same, except checking in your Pokedex. Then, when you run into it, let it go. Now you will know where it is. No problemo.
    TO ALL PEOPLE TRADING WITH ME - I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TRADE RIGHT NOW, BECAUSE I NEED TO GET THE WI-FI ADAPTOR FIRST. WHEN I WILL GET IT I WILL DELETE THIS MESSAGE AND PM YOU

Credit to Raden Surya for the Dragon Power animation!
    Mewthree's D/P Trades
        Spoiler:- claims:

That's a lot of work to do hehe
    But oh well, I want that Latios so much I'm willing to do anything for it.

Thanks to all who answered my question.

But I did it to (2hours/route,--)8 hours long--) 4routes) but i didn't find latios

Yeah, I heard repelsm to get it, but I usually just randomly wait till I find it. On my Emerald, it was the first pokemon I found, but on Sapphire, I still haven't found Latias...

My opinion: Don't try and find it. Let it find you. (Though if you have another game with the same one, and a second GBA, you could try battling or something to get it in your Pokedex.) On my old Silver I'd encountered Suicune and Raikou, but for a long time had not seen Entei. While working on trying to catch Suicune, Raikou and Entei both showed up instead. (Raikou first and then Entei, in the same area where Suicune was supposed to have been. Suicune moved after the battle.) And they kept on showing up later when doing other stuff and not in a position to try and damage/catch them. Of course, they had a much more limited set of areas to wander around.

If I had to suggest somewhere to search, (or to start from) I'd suggest somewhere centrally located. And as mentioned, don't Fly, 'cause that probably resets their location randomly. On G/S/C what usually triggered them to move was you moving from one area to another, and they usually followed the routes, except sometimes when cornered I think. (Skipping over towns and stuff that they couldn't appear at.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sion9 View Post
    it should work, using the bunny hop won't count as steps so you're repel will last. just make sure that the pokemon in the front of your party is lv40 or lower for the repel to work. if you don't find it after a while, switch routes and try again

but, i suggest you use lower its hp and paralyze latios first, and then use wobbuffet when you try to catch it
    any of the regis is perfect.once you get its info,all should be easy.

I always find my Lati in the desert. So, whenever I want to find my Lati, I try the desrt for a while, and then fly back to Fallabor town.