Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Metroid/Samus Fanclub

Default The Metroid/Samus Fanclub

~:<The Metroid/Samus Fanclub>:~

The Metroid games are a series of Adventure/Puzzle games starring the Bounty Hunter Samus Aran. She will be given a mission and will then go to the planet where her mission will take place. From that moment on you will be Samus Aran, a beautiful women wearing the Power Suit and carrying a lot of weapons. During your mission you will encounter many bosses and puzzles where you will, if you solve/beat them, get upgrades for. The upgrades consist of a new weapon or maybe a new option for your suit. With those upgrades you can explore new areas and find more puzzles and enemy’s to solve/beat and after a long exciting and maybe sometimes terrifying Adventure, you will encounter the Final Boss. Beating the Final Boss is your objective, but it won’t be easy and the road to it isn't easy to, so you'd better be prepared!

~:< This Club is for all Metroid fans who enjoyed the Metroid Games. Be it Metroid Prime, be it Metroid Zero Mission or maybe an even older game. Maybe you've played even more Metroid games and fell in love with the mysterious Bounty Hunter: Samus Aran (like me ), then this is the right place to be.

~:< Becoming a Member is very easy, just post here and say you would like to join.
    ~:< Also, becoming a Co-Owner is not achieved by asking. It is achieved by being an active member of this club and maybe a little bit by answering the questions (right). I then can see if you have any knowledge about Samus and/or the Metroid games. (A little bit is enough =p )
    If you want to become a Co-Owner, following the rules is easy, because you know (about) all the rules. So if you do not follow the rules your chances of becoming a Co-Owner will be drastically shrink. =o

Before I start what this thread is about, I will explain the rules. Follow them and don't start a ruckus =)

The Rules:
    1. The Standard forum rules; Follow then well.
    2. Do not signup for only telling us that you think that the Metroid Games are stupid and Samus Aran is ugly (only putting those words in the same sentence makes me choke >_< )
    3. Do not make fun of anybody, because he/she likes the Metroid games or Samus Aran.
    4. Give a bit of thought to your post. Don't go posting around, with only facts, so give a little twist to your post by giving your own opinion.
    5. Have fun!

~:< First of all I want to make a list with every Metroid game and the members who have this game. Tell me in one of your post which game you have (with maybe an opinion telling if you liked it or not etc. ) and I'll add you to the list. (scroll a bit down to see the list.)

~:< Second, I don't know if it is fun or cool or anything, but I saw this in the other (closed) metroid thread; a point system:

Explanation of the Point System:

For every post you post in this thread, you get 1 Point.
    You get one point for every post you make if it is not a spamming/bashing/flaming/insulting/attacking/etc. post. So be active and get the super extraordinary Perfect Hunter title!

For every topic made, you get +0 points
    So, no extra points for making topics, as everybody can make a topic. This club will otherwise drown in all sorts of topics and we probably would get topics we already had to. Also, of course, a topic has to be (most of the time) Metroid/Samus Related, since this is the Metroid/Samus Fanclub. Simple eh?
    By the way, a topic can be a Question people can give an answer to or your opinion about something which then will start a discussion.

For every spam/attacking/flame/bash post, you get -1 point(s)
    I decide if something spam, though you can obviously know that yourself to, so do not post only smileys in a post and stuff like that. These are just the normal Forum Rules ;] Also, if you flame/bash it will cost you more then one point and after flaming/bashing thrice I will ban you from the thread. If you post in the thread after you are banned I will notify a moderator, so just PM me about stuff like that and I am happy to answer your question(s). I really hope I do not have to ban someone so this rule will hopefully not be used in the near future =)

For NOT posting a whole week long, you get -1 point
    If you don't post for a whole week you will lose a point and for every single day after that week you will lose another additional point. If you are going on a vacation or something, I don't mind, just say so and do not say it after your points were subtracted. Also, your points cannot become negative and I will only ban people if they flame thrice, not for not being active. That'd be to harsh in my opinion.

For every good/helping post, you get 5 points
    I will decide if it is a good/helping post, not you. Also, by making banners and stuff like that for the club, I will consider the post as good.

Starting Bonus of 10 Points
    There is a Question at the bottem of this post. Answer it and instead of starting with one point, you'll get 10 points.
    w00t! How cool of me for giving you that much points =o

~:< Credit for this system goes to Deoxis Prime

~:< Also there is a Ranking system. Your Ranking increases when your points increase and if you like you can put your ranking in your Signature.
    The Ranking system is based on the Metroid Prime game. You begin as a New Hunter then defeat the Parasite Queen and after that you'll become a Hunter and so on.

The Ranking system:
    <0> points - Slow Hunter
    <1> Point - New Hunter
    <10> Points - Parasite Queen
    <20> points - Hunter
    <50> Points - Flaahgra
    <100> Points - Great Hunter
    <200> Points - Thardus
    <300> Points - Super Hunter
    <500> Points - Omega Pirate
    <750> Points - Elite Hunter
    <1000> Points - Meta-Ridley
    <1500> Points - Legendary Hunter
    <2000> Points - Metroid Prime
    <2500> Points - Perfect Hunter

Owner - Zero Suit Samus
    Co-Owner - The name of a Bounty Hunter of MPH

~:< For any Questions regarding the first post or a Metroid related subject, PM me, Z_N-Freak (or another member if it's only Metroid related).

~:<List of Metroid Games>:~

Metroid Series:
    Metroid (1986 FDS; 1987 NES; 2004 GBA)
    Z_N-Freak; Wishmaker; Zora; Thomaz; xParukiax;

Metroid II: Return of Samus (1991 GB)
    Wishmaker;

Super Metroid(1994 SNES, 2007 WiiVC)
    Wishmaker; Thomaz; xParukiax;

Metroid Fusion (2002 GBA)
    ChuChu; Wishmaker; Zora; Oni Link; Omega Weavile; Thomaz; xParukiax;

Metroid Prime (2002 NGC)
    Z_N-Freak; ChuChu; Wishmaker; Zora; Omega Weavile; Thomaz; Ho-oh Master; xParukiax;

Metroid Zero Mission (2004 GBA)
    Wishmaker; Zora; Oni Link; Thomaz; xParukiax;

Metroid Prime 2 Echoes (2004 NGC)
    Z_N-Freak; ChuChu; Wishmaker; Zora; Omega Weavile; Thomaz; xParukiax;

Metroid Prime: Hunters (2006 NDS)
    Z_N-Freak; Tsuriai; ChuChu; Wishmaker; Zora; Ho-oh Master; vipers2000; xParukiax;

Metroid Prime: Corruption (2007? Wii)
    -

Spinn Off(s):
    Metroid Prime Pinball (2005 NDS)
    Z_N-Freak; Wishmaker; Zora;

~:<Member List>:~

Spoiler:
    Yeah, 13 Members at the moment =)

~:<Club Pictures>:~

Banners

Spoiler:

~:<Cool links>:~
    Check them out!

Music
    Galbadia Hotel:
    Metroid Zero Mission
    Metroid 2: The return of Samus (Game rip)
    Metroid Fusion (Game Rip)
    Metroid Metal
    Metroid Mission Zero
    Metroid Original Soundtrack
    Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
    Metroid Prime Hunters

Sites
    metroidmetal.com - The official Metroid Metal site
    mdb.classicgaming.gamespy.com - The Metroid Manga

Pictures

Samus: Varia Suit, Varia Suit, Zero Suit Samus, 2D Zero Suit, 2D Power Suit,
    Dark Samus: Dark Samus, Dark Samus,
    Metroid: 3D Metroid, 2D Metroid,
    Ship: MPH/MP:C Ship

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My First post here: (so no rules here anymore, but this post contains a question, so read it anyway =) )

Well, I certainly hope my computer is not going to have problems with internet right now, (I'd lose this post T.T ) so I'm going to make this short;

First of all; Welcome to anyone who reads this. Feel free to join, though you maybe only heard of the Metroid games/Samus Aran. If you Like to know more about the games/Samus Aran you can also ask things here without joining of course

The Bonus Question;
    Just name all the Metroid Games you HAVE. You can also tell which Metroid games you have played aside your own games.
    Last edited by Z_N-Freak; 12th June 2007 at 1:00 PM. Reason: Update!
    *has left serebii*

I'm not going to be harsh as I want a member xD
    but please read the first post. There is a sentence you need to have in your post to join the club (underlined) and also, it says that if you want to be a Co-Owner you just have to be active and show a bit of your knowledge by answering the questions (correctly). I will ask one question a day (when I have some members).

It all is in the first post so please read it

*deletes the bump post*
    *has left serebii*

I wish you the best of luck trying to get this in the air.
    The one and only place for Dutch people to relax, take a drink and read some gossip.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange View Post
    I wish you the best of luck trying to get this in the air.
    Thank you for posting. At least a reaction =)
    There was a guy/girl who posted here, but he/she deleted his post right after I reacted.(that is the post before you post).
    I think my first post is a bit to long maybe. =/

If so, please tell. I'd like to alter it if it's to long.
    I just want to make this club T.T

Also, if anyone has an idea to make this thread better and more active (or any activity at all xD ) I'd like to know about it. Just PM me =) (or better post here )
    Last edited by Z_N-Freak; 22nd February 2007 at 9:55 PM.
    *has left serebii*

What you should aim for is nice everyday talk, combined with Metroid. You shouldn't pump out new topics for the members to answer every day. That's just no fun.

Also, explain in your OP what Metroid IS. Everyone joining knows that of course, but it makes the post better.
    The one and only place for Dutch people to relax, take a drink and read some gossip.

Ok, thank you for the tip. I'll delete the point system then and make an alinea that tells about metroid, but currently I am going out of town to a friend where I am staying for 3 days, so I'll be away for awhile.
    Coming Sunday evening I am back and make the cnhages.

So to all people who would like to join (after the changes), or people that post here asking a question. I will not give an answer within the upcoming 3 days

thanks again for the tips =)
    *has left serebii*

Don't get me wrong - I think the point-system is a splendid addition to this club. It really invites you to post something. And when many posts are made, you don't have to be afraid this club gets all 'static' and stuff.

If you want this to be succesful, as I said before, talk gossip AND Metroid. Talk about everyday things, about school, life, etcetera.

Hi there. Im a fan of the Metroid Series, but i've only actually been able to play (and own) Metroid Prime : Hunters (which is awesome.) If i can, i'll take any chances to play any of the other games in the series. (Also i need a Wii: the Virtual console and Metroid Prime: Corruption sound great!) I already know a bit about Metroid thanks to one of my friends who keeps telling me stuff about various things metroid.
    Is it alright if i join?

Also a little thing: Maybe you could use a banner in your sig as well as saying join the metroid/Samus Club today. It could attract attention to it more and encourage more people to join.

Sorry for not replying so long. I was away (as explained in my sig, though I already deleted the message >_< )
    but anyway, you can join. I'll delete the part you need to have a sentence in your post to join as no one does and I want to have some members. xD

Be sure to suscribe to this thread as there probably won't be many post, as for the lack of members at the moment. I am working on the banner thing, but I am not a real pro at photoshop and such, so maybe I'll ask a friend, or could anyone else do this? (maybe you Tsuriai? )
    anyway, I'll try to have something before the end of the week =)

also, I'll be updating my first post, but that'll take awhile and as for the point system. I'll let it be, but the questions I will just ask once a week or maybe once a month if it still looks stupid.

Anyone, feel free to join, as members is the One thing that I need right now
    *has left serebii*

I am so sorry i haven't been on. My PC broke (luckily it was just the keyboard, which has been replaced). However my photoshop is still not fixed( it was broken somehow...)! but i have something alittle similair so i guess i could make a banner for the club. What kinda thing do you want in it? (logos, Characters, etc?)
    Alert: Right now i can't play MP:H properly! the Right Shoulder button of my DS lite is broken! I need to think of some way to fix it, and i think i wore it out from too much shooting XD
    Last edited by Tsuriai; 3rd March 2007 at 2:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuriai View Post
    I am so sorry i haven't been on. My PC broke (luckily it was just the keyboard, which has been replaced). However my photoshop is still not fixed( it was broken somehow...)! but i have something alittle similair so i guess i could make a banner for the club. What kinda thing do you want in it? (logos, Characters, etc?)
    Alert: Right now i can't play MP:H properly! the Right Shoulder button of my DS lite is broken! I need to think of some way to fix it, and i think i wore it out from too much shooting XD
    Thank you, if you are going to make that banner. Would be really cool of you. One thing less to do xD

I am thinking of Samus Aran Shooting at a Metroid =o
    And/or ("and" if you have time =p ) Maybe a Sexy Zero Suit Samus Pick, with just Samus on it <3 ( a lovely background would then be nice to.)

That way, we have a banner for the Samus Lovers and the people who like playing the game.
    I am just a weird guy who loves pixels, but maybe there are more of me

I am now going to write a little bit of text about the Metroid Games and Samus Aran =)

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/image...metroid203.jpg
    http://image.com.com/gamespot/images..._screen020.jpg
    http://blogs.theage.com.au/screenpla...es/metroid.jpg
    Shooting Stances, take the one you think fits best =)

Metroid Pics aren't really hard to find I think, but here are some anyway;
    http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...id/metroid.gif
    http://mitch73533.tripod.com/sitebui...g.w300h225.jpg

and here is the most sexy pick of Samus imo <3
    http://www.peliplaneetta.net/images/news/6381/b_1.jpg

Well, good luck and thanks for doing this.
    *is now going to right*
    Last edited by Z_N-Freak; 3rd March 2007 at 9:10 PM.
    *has left serebii*

Alright i'll get right on it! I'll try and do both. If photoshop worked it would be so much better. I'll try and get it fixed. I could do a kind of prototype one with my other image editing program, and then make it better when photoshop finally gets fixed!
    I'll try and do both of the banners too!

If it is really a problem, can't you download it (again)?
    It then is illegal though and yours is probably legal

and, I just posted some images, that might be good in the banners =)
    *has left serebii*

Lol yeah. I had to go to bed early, and the post didn't send XD.
    I've got one banner ready, have a look and see if you like it.
    http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...club-Banne.gif

I ought to be able to get photoshop up and running in a matter of days, possibly weeks though...

P.S. Could i see those images you were talking about?

I'll join! If possible! Please!
    Seriously, though, I love Metroid; I have Hunters, Fusion and both Primes. I also plan to buy Corruption when it arrives in the UK.

Formerly known as: ChuChu, LostFreak815, and various other names which I can't remember.
    ~My evil pirate ninja twin~
    Lulz.fm

Lol yeah. I had to go to bed early, and the post didn't send XD.
    I've got one banner ready, have a look and see if you like it.
    http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...club-Banne.gif

I ought to be able to get photoshop up and running in a matter of days, possibly weeks though...

P.S. Could i see those images you were talking about?
    They are in the that post. Just click on the links

And nice banner, I will put it in my first post and probably in my sig, but I'll have to make room for it xD
    Do you want members who will you use this banner to put credit in their sig for the banner? I'll state yes for now, but if not. Tell me =)

Quote Originally Posted by LostFreak815 View Post
    I'll join! If possible! Please!
    Seriously, though, I love Metroid; I have Hunters, Fusion and both Primes. I also plan to buy Corruption when it arrives in the UK.

You can join, I already made you a member and because you answered the first question (correctly ), you already earned 10 points and made yourself Parasite Queen in an instant =o

As for a new topic to talk about:

Did you recently play any Metroid games?
    Though it is a bit shameful, I admit I did not play a metroid game for quite some time. I am thinking about continueing my Hard file of Metroid Prime, but I recently bought Excite Truck and it is a very adictive game =o
    But Metroid Prime: Corruption is deffinitly going to be better
    Last edited by Z_N-Freak; 4th March 2007 at 1:57 PM.
    *has left serebii*

lol i'm not too bothered about the credit. all people need to know is that it is a banner for the club XD
    I'll get wroking on another banner now.

lol i'm not too bothered about the credit. all people need to know is that it is a banner for the club XD
    I'll get wroking on another banner now.
    Ok, thats cool and as I said, the pictures I posted three posts ago. They are links to the images. You just need to click the link, right mous click and then copy or save as =p

You now have 18 points btw
    And we have a new member as you can see =o

@ LostFreak815
    So the first banner does not need credit and if you like it to, you can put it in your sig, I am now going to make some room for it myself=p
    *has left serebii*

Welcome LostFreak, i hope you enjoy your time with the Club!
    I'm use that Zero Suit samus image for the next banner, ok?

Welcome LostFreak, i hope you enjoy your time with the Club!
    I'm use that Zero Suit samus image for the next banner, ok?
    <3 That's fine with me of course <3

btw, to make a link of your image (which is of course very handy for people who want to join this club but do not know where to find it)

use this:

HTML Code:
    [URL="http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=197631"][img]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l174/Trainer_Tsu/MetroidSamus-Fanclub-Banne.gif[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]
    Last edited by Z_N-Freak; 4th March 2007 at 2:42 PM.
    *has left serebii*

Alright it's done. How does this look? Is there anything you'd want added on to it?

I think it is good, but the center seems a bit empty...
    what could be in there =/

hmm.. If you think of something, it could become better. For now I will keep your first banner, I like it more =)

I will put it into the banner list anyway, maybe someone would like to use it in the future =]

and maybe, I just thought of that. A... I can't find the word =/ Well, most of the time it's a black line around a banner/avatar. Do you know what I mean?
    *has left serebii*

Ah, an outline? I can do that. I was also thinking of putting Samus's Ship in the centre, but i wasn't sure if it would look right.

Ah, an outline? I can do that. I was also thinking of putting Samus's Ship in the centre, but i wasn't sure if it would look right.
    Maybe as a sort of background? The Front of the ship before the name of the club and Samus herslef. I think to that if it's only in the middle it would look a bit weird =)
    *has left serebii*

I see. Woul that be the Older Ship like the one in Metroid Prime: Hunters, or the new one that's in Corruption?

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast