Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mutiny in the Bounty! (488)

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro Kinético View Post
    Dark? The atmosphere wasn't dark. We have had pretty dark episodes like Fear Factor Phony and Mystery at the Lighthouse. Which reminds me that they keep using the same scheme and the mountains are the same colour always.
    Those episodes were only "dark" because they took place at night. We mean dark in a metaphoric sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by pochama_blue View Post
    one of the greatest filler episodes ever
    It wasn't really a filler since there's a 99% chance J will be returning in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonmon View Post
    About five minutes.
    It was more like 20 seconds at the beginning and 20 seconds at the end. Unless you count all the shots of Gardy frozen in the background.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagome Lover View Post
    But shouldn't the writers be worrying more about Team Galactic than some random made up villain?
    Galactic definitely needs to be focused on soon, though the anime';s depiction of made-up villains like Harley seem to outdo their renditions of other villains from the games, like Archie and Maxie.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Looks great from teh pics, but you can't tell that much from them, so I'll give a full opinion later.

But just from the pics, J looks awsome; she better make at least 3 more times & team up with Team Galactic at least once.

But....why was hse freezing pokemon? Just for her own pleasure?

the mountains are the same colour always.
    Well, yeah...mountains usually have a habit of not putting on makeup and changing color, last time I checked.

I was expecting some deep villain and drama but it was all a couple of explosions
    Well, yeah, expecting that in Pokemon was idiotic. And yes, that includes Season 1.

Anyway, I was surprised they left Absol frozen for the whole time, and was wondering if Gardevoir was even gonna save it...oh well, we almost lost an emo...ah, wth, probably would be better without it.

Drapion = cool. I like him so much bettter then Garde and Kirlia. Seeing Ariados kick *** was cool as well, and was Golbat.

What is that stuff used to freeze Pokemon?

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    Drapion = cool. I like him so much bettter then Garde and Kirlia. Seeing Ariados kick *** was cool as well, and was Golbat.
    hopefully, with J's subsequent appearances, this would make up for that horrific incident that happened to Harley's Ariados in Yamabuki City.

Damn, honestly, I was going into this episode with some pretty low expectations. I mean, several (anime original) villians aside from Rocket Dan's MusaKoji trio have appeared before, but no matter how evil and intelligent they seemed, they always got stopped short in their plans and ended up getting captured the very episode (or movie) they premiered in, subsequently causing them to disappear into obscurity like so many other one-shots. Ryou (incidentally, another Pokemon Hunter, and he appeared around the beginning of the last series), Vicious, Hanzou, even Yamato and Kosaburou failed in their premiere episode (you know... before Housou turned them into a joke mirroring MusaKoji). Bashou, Buson, Shiranui, and Domino proved to be exceptions (but for some reason, they never got to appear again sans the former three's brief cameo at the beginning of movie 9), but in any case, I was just expecting J to be the same as all those other one-shots.

Instead, I get a villain that doesn't get herself captured so easily, and actually proved to be pretty competent (she didn't even waste her breath on Satoshi until she took notice of Pikachu's strength, she was able to notice things like the door being cracked open, and she didn't fall for, and/or just plain wasn't interested in, Nyaasu saying he could help her capture Pokemon by understanding their feelings. Plus, tying up Kojirou before he even released Masukippa was all kinds of badass ^^), as well as friggin' cold-hearted (cutting off the damage third sector of her plane, completely unconcerned over her subordinates while stating she'll search for a different Sirnight and Absol). It was also nice to see her Pokemon as being anything but weak (something tells me that if this were pre-AG, her Drapion would be taken out by Satoshi's current team, no matter how weak it is right now, with almost zero effort). Best of all, a very good indication that she'll be making return appearances. ^^

Man, first a damn good, frequently-appearing (better than Shigeru, at least) rival for Satoshi, and now the possibility of a competent, recurring villain? Diamond/Pearl doesn't seem to be pulling any stops, does it?

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

It was good to J as a threat. For some reason team magma/aqua never seemed threatful enough. Just an opinion but J's introduction is far better then the introduction Team Magma/Aqua got.

I like her pokemon as well, Ariados, Salamence, Drapion.

I thought the animation was very good in this episode.

Swampert is a Wobbuffet impersonator.

FC: 3180-5269-0929

Notice this is one of the few episodes where Takeshi didn't go gaga over he local Jenny. Either something had to get to cut for time, the writers realised the situation was too serious for such a scene, that Officer Jenny was a fake or Greggle's been asking for too much money...

You're a Snover. I'm a Fire-Type. This amuses me.

These Pokémon hunters are stupid. When's Nintendo gonna bring on Team Glactic?!

This episode is love. Easily the best one in years.

I bet she'll make deals to supply Team Galactic with stolen Pokémon at some point.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by PokeDouglas View Post
    These Pokémon hunters are stupid. When's Nintendo gonna bring on Team Glactic?!
    You don't know a good villain when you see one. Besides, the writers might put Galactic in the tenth movie instead.

^^ Yeah they most likely will because Team Galactics plot revolves around Palkia/Dalgia and they will be starring in the 10th movie. I think that is BETTER then them appearing in the anime.

I forgot who said it but I agreed that made up villains are better handled in the anime then the villains in the games. Look at the miserable treatment Team Magma/Aqua got. The movie will handle the plot of the legendaries and the evil team.
    Besides Pokemon Hunter J and her crew were handled great, they've proven to be more of a threat then any other villain group to grace the show.

Wow, just wow, never I seen such an awesome episode im a while, it just kept going on and on, nonstop action. This tops all the other DP episodes I seen so far. I was actually loved every second of the episode, not liked, loved.

J was just cold hearted, and did not give a rat *** about anyone, her personality was just like whoa, and for one thing, she actually smarter then most villians, but don't know how long that status would last. The stoned thing is genius, but one thing came to my mind. Yes I know it is a cartoon, but how in the hell the Pokemon breathe in stone? There not dead since there is a controller there, but it bugged me a bit.

Ash and Team Rocket working together was another surprise. No questions, hesitations, they just do it, do what needs to be done.

And the biggest surprise came to this episode is that Brock does not flirt with anyone in this episode. Not the girl or Officier Jenny. In a way, that was good since it would kill the whole episode flow.

I'm done, but this episode surprised me all that I was expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by cassius335 View Post
    Notice this is one of the few episodes where Takeshi didn't go gaga over he local Jenny. Either something had to get to cut for time, the writers realised the situation was too serious for such a scene, that Officer Jenny was a fake or Greggle's been asking for too much money...
    HA I noticed that, even in that special that airs with movie 8 Brock goes all gaga over Officer Jenny and Nurse Joy and that wasn't exacly a peacful episode LOL. Maybe Brocks finally gone out of puperty LOL.

J better return, she was too awesome not to.

Animation=Awsome! Just want to get that out of the way

-Twas nice seeing another Gardivoir, but I was a bit surprised they jumped right into the action.

-Wow, J is focused, barely bats an eyelash at Ash & co. I like her design too.

-Dorapion is one big pokemon. Me likey

-I liked how quickly J thought to "capture" pikachu; once again, didn't bat an eyelash

-I like how Seviper got in on the Motto. Just a small touch but made me smile.

-Didn't even throw the ball before string shot'd!

-Ash & co. not even noticing TR tied to the boulder made lauigh for soem reason. Not the first tiem they did it, but it was just...humerous. Then their reactiosn to the big ship(cloacking FTW!)

-Ah, she really is quite evil! She stones the pokemon then sells them! Poor Teddiursa(cuddles mine).

-I liked the Mewoth scene in general

-Don't get waht Kirlia was doing

-ARCANINE!

-I think TR & Ash are breaking some law of physics to stay liek that on the car.

-AIPOM!

-Hm, Meowth was a schemin, but I guess it backfired.

-CA_RAZY AIPOM VS DORAPION!

-FIGHT! Oh, and Turtwig.

-OOooh, crafty Aipom. Though it seems to be a magical expanding air vent. Seems pretty samll but can fit Jessies & James.

-Ah, pokemon. It seems that if an attack meets with anything it creates an explosion. I'll call it the Pokemon Theory of Relative Combustive Discharge.

-Hey! A golbat did something!

-I like that whilst A,P,J,J & M were rejoicing, Aipom was freeing Gards in the background(yet completely ignorded Absol). Gotta love small touches.

-& Gardi saves the day(and Absol)! Heh, never noticed how symetrical they are.

-We'd better se J again. At least once with TG, assumiong they decide to make a role in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    Animation=Awsome! Just want to get that out of the way
    It was decent enough, though not quite "awesome".
    -Wow, J is focused, barely bats an eyelash at Ash & co. I like her design too.
    That's because unlike practically every other female in this series, she has no eyelashes. 0_o

Did they even bother giving a name to filler girl? Or did I just not catch it on either of my two watches of the episode? (I'm going to call her Pinky in the meantime. Because her hair is pink. Bloody genius, I tell you.)
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by SOS! Its Not Healthy.. View Post
    Yes I know it is a cartoon, but how in the hell the Pokemon breathe in stone? There not dead since there is a controller there, but it bugged me a bit.
    Think of them being in a cryogenic suspended motion.

S. Suikun : Pinky FTW!

Cool

This ep was really good to my opinon I'm glad they let the hunter stay bad and mysterious instead of spanking her behind like they do team rocket she makes a great enemy dp is geting better and better.
    Images CANNOT exceed 200x200 pixels. Since this is your second violation, your entire signature has been deleted. Please read the Signature Rules.

I should have guessed that a villain as formidable and no-nonsense as the Hunter would never be defeated so easily. Then again, I'm not surprised seeing that every "real" villlain would make Jessie, James and Meowth look like a joke.

Wow. Just wow. The only tragedy is that Gardevoir got so little to do. When is it going to battle!?! And who knows, Hikari's fondness for Kirlia could indeed be a sign...

According to the credits, Maria was filler girl.

Anyway, the way Turtwig slung those Razor Leafs at the baddies when they were crawling through the vent gave it a little more "bad-assity"

According to the credits, Maria was filler girl.

Anyway, the way Turtwig slung those Razor Leafs at the baddies when they were crawling through the vent gave it a little more "bad-assity"
    Haha i loved it when turtwig did that
    <3 CHARIZARD FAN FOR LIFE!! <3
    Torchic//Tailow//Shroomish//Aron//Ralts//Spheal

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno
    Don't get waht Kirlia was doing.
    It was psychically scanning the area to find out where J and everyone went, then telepathically showing the gang the location. It finally collapsed from the strain.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

That was pretty good. DP season has been entertaining so far. J is one of the first real "bad" villains of the series. I just hope we don't see the magma/aqua treatment for her.

EDIT: I was hoping the filler girl gave kirlia to SOMEONE in the group so we can see Erureido action.
    Last edited by Kabuto; 24th February 2007 at 6:54 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast