Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mutiny in the Bounty! (488)

I can tell you, this one might be an easier episode to dub once the time comes; they don't even have to translate J's name.

This episode was different from the usual filler. We acually see an evil huntress which in itself doesn't happen often.

J heself was a surprizing gal. For one, she was already prepared for Guardevoir's teleport. Using Ariados's string shot to stop the humans from messing things up while the norm, is still effective, because J knows how to use it. Her Dorapion was also menicing as it minipulated some of the events of the episode. I have a strong feeling she will be seen again (or at least referenced to).

Is it me, or is that reused Arcanine footage (the scene where it uses fire blast)?
    Haxorus has been pitted against a Raticate in a pokemon battle. Who will get to make the first move?

Quote Originally Posted by CabbyFish View Post
    I can tell you, this one might be an easier episode to dub once the time comes; they don't even have to translate J's name.

This episode was different from the usual filler. We acually see an evil huntress which in itself doesn't happen often.

J heself was a surprizing gal. For one, she was already prepared for Guardevoir's teleport. Using Ariados's string shot to stop the humans from messing things up while the norm, is still effective, because J knows how to use it. Her Dorapion was also menicing as it minipulated some of the events of the episode. I have a strong feeling she will be seen again (or at least referenced to).

Is it me, or is that reused Arcanine footage (the scene where it uses fire blast)?
    How strong of a feeling, pray tell ?
    Sinnoh Team

Unova Team

Kalos Team

Quote Originally Posted by Nekagi View Post
    I have NO IDEA what that weird stuff J used to fossilize poor Pikachu was, but I was surprised that Meowth was fossilized too. I think J is from Cipher, judging on how she's dressed.
    They won't bring Cipher into the anime. It's time has passed. J belongs to no organization. She's a lone wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky~40 View Post
    They won't bring Cipher into the anime. It's time has passed. J belongs to no organization. She's a lone wolf.
    You have a point there.
    Sinnoh Team

Unova Team

Kalos Team

Quote Originally Posted by Jonessodaco.Chris View Post
    do the people that were buying them relize that they were actual pokemon underneith... or did they just think it was statues
    She would change them back before giving them to their new owner, wealthy heartless collectors and the like. I'll bet she has sold some to the likes of TR as well. There have been many remarks in the series about how some people make a lot of money illegally selling pokemon, but J is the first time we've seen just what benefits a successful operation can get (their technology was amazing and way beyond what any local police force could handle).

and omg thats heart wrenching... like shes probly the first actual "EVIL" person in this anime... correct me if im wrong...
    Not really. Giovanni is certainly evil (when he's not in a Meowth fantasy), as are some other TR members like Vicious, Domino, Bashou etc. Not to mention the hunter that tried to take Arbok and Weezing back in Hoenn and beat Jessie, James and Meowth to a pulp.

J is just different from most in that she wasn't captured, and unlike any of the others except Giovanni she is a leader with a number of people working under her.
    The defender of all things Pokemon! I shall defend Pokemon from all who speak against it! AKA Jonathan

You're forgetting about Professor Sebastian (the guy from Legend of Thunder), Professor Namba, and the guy from the Red Gyarados arc. They had/have authority within TR as well.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    OBJECTION!
    THere is a clear contradiction in this member's testimony!

First you insult Dorapion & then you praise J on her choice of "awsome" pokemon.
    OBJECTION TO YOU!!! Ppfft!

I said that I didn't like the design because he looks weird but I did like how powerful he was. It's a different thing. You saw how the Swift and the Razor Leaf hit it in the face and he was like nothing happened...that was freaking cool! His design is the thing that bothers me.

My favorite thing is that J is quick to respond to situations. As Pikachu utilized Volt Tackle, she only blinked in surprise that the rodent knew the rare and powerful move before ordering Drapion to dodge, something that totally caught Pikachu by surprise. After all, how often is Volt Tackle dodged? Of course, if Volt Tackle happens to miss, Pikachu typically doesn't win the fight.

I actually thought the action was a bit rushed. The episode seemed like it started 5 minutes in, and it was a bit disorienting. Because of that, we don't get as much background on the characters as we could have. But that's okay. J made up for it. She has silver hair, so that's auto-win for me. And Drapion's one of my favorite new Pokemon.

The one thing I disliked, though, is that people seemed to stand still unless called on by the plot. J didn't move unless she needed to; I'm certain she was aware that they were heading towards the containment bay. But on the other hand, she could have just not cared.

Something I *didn't* like was that Drapion was completely unfazed by Aipom and Turtwig's attacks before proceeding to beat both with a Cross Poison. The exchange was a bit too brief, though.

Meh, I was hoping Salamence would show off more attacks like the others in the animé.

Dragon Dive, anyone?

Erm, one thing I noticed about J is that she resembles Mitchell from the episode back in Hoenn. (Let Bagons be Bagons, it was called). Where her Bagon involved into a Shelgon and also, her hair color is similar to J's (except longer).

Any thoughts on that?
    Some times I like to
    Touch myself during the night
    Before I go to bed!

I think this was a very enjoyable episode. The action was a bit rushed and it would have rocked had it been a two parter. J has got to be one of the most heartless villains in the anime. If she does reappear, I think she would be the best villain EVER imo.

Also, anyone else notice that J's grunts consisted entirely of men?
    Last edited by Winged_Psychic; 2nd May 2007 at 1:56 PM.

This episode was pretty good. It was cool to see a Drapion. It was really freaky how that pokemon hunter turned pokemon into stone. It was good that Ash and TR worked together. It was funny when James and Jessie were being chased by J’s henchman. It was cool to see a Cross Poison. It was funny when Meowth confessed to eating Jessie’s last donut. J was a pretty lousy character.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;598; ;635;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Man, I really enjoyed this episode. Lots of Pokemon appearances. Including Gardevoir. And I believe it has the same voice as before.

Is it just me or did Drapion sound like Steelix and Electabuzz?

I actually liked Team Rocket in this ep. especially when they were teaming up with Ash.

Jay is one helluva villianess. I wonder if she's part of Team Galatic?

Anyway, 8/10 4 me.

This episode was awesome. Jay was incredible & she can sure teach TR how to do their job. Even though Pikachu, Meowth & Gardevoir got away, she still had her another shipment of Pokemon in her other hangar. Officer Jenny is a disgrace. She can catch Jay's henchmen but not TR. In conclusion, Jay rules & TR s*cks.

I must ask a question about the Translation, in the very end of the episode. The hencemen called Hunter J, "Sir". Was that a Translation Error? or a Dubbed Error? Or is Hunter J, really a boy? I'm kinda confused

Great Episode and great chracter development if she/he ever comes back. I guess "stealing" Pokemon is the only way to be a villian in the Pokemon world. It also makes me think of when "Ekans" said there are no Bad Pokemon, just Bad Masters, and the Pokemon have to do what the masters said. Also, it makes me think that only "Creepy" looking Pokemon and "scary" pokemon are the only ones bad guys can use. Especially Poison Pokemon. Except for Ash's Muk, but we all know that he loves Professor Oak more
    [IMG]http://i17.*******.com/35kki2r.jpg[/IMG]

1590-1229-4620 (My Friend Code) for Diamond Version.

This episode was one of the best in the DP saga when it first aired in Japan, and it still is one of the best episodes. The single fact that J wasn't caught or didn't learn the error of her ways (#1 killer of villains right here) is enough to warrant another appearance of her in the future.

FC: 3180-5269-0929

I must ask a question about the Translation, in the very end of the episode. The hencemen called Hunter J, "Sir". Was that a Translation Error? or a Dubbed Error? Or is Hunter J, really a boy? I'm kinda confused

Great Episode and great chracter development if she/he ever comes back. I guess "stealing" Pokemon is the only way to be a villian in the Pokemon world. It also makes me think of when "Ekans" said there are no Bad Pokemon, just Bad Masters, and the Pokemon have to do what the masters said. Also, it makes me think that only "Creepy" looking Pokemon and "scary" pokemon are the only ones bad guys can use. Especially Poison Pokemon. Except for Ash's Muk, but we all know that he loves Professor Oak more
    [IMG]http://i17.*******.com/35kki2r.jpg[/IMG]

1590-1229-4620 (My Friend Code) for Diamond Version.

That was a pretty cool episode. I mean, a Pokemon bounty hunter with a laser gun and a flying machine... Maybe the "J" stands for "Jango."

When J flew away after capturing Meowth, James or Brock should've said, "Impossible! No ship that small has a cloaking device!"

Anyway, we know J will show up again sometime. I guess not developing her kind or made her a mysterious character. She does wear a black visor, after all.

My one regret is that they used Salamence to spam Hyper Beam in this episode. What a stupid waste. Salamence could've been awesome. Hyper Beam is ten times worse than Focus Punch as far as repetitiveness goes in the anime.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2wh3vpw.png[/IMG]
    Thank you, SapphireL.

I can BREAK these cuffs!

Is there going to be a rerun on this episode because I missed it.

I hated how the episode just ended like that. They better continue off that at some point, I hope.

Cool laser gun thing though.

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

one dumb thing when the other part of the ship crashed.it exploded but the henchmen STILL survive.like come on!sould they at least look like they got charred.same thing with that guy from the three part lugia episodes(that oarange haired professer)

that Drapion looked like its shiny form but maybe its just me.

i would of liked that Gardevoir would of had more screen time other than in the beginning and end of the episode. this episode was great i hope J makes another appearance soon.

Pretty good episode but what ever happened to that absol did they even free it?
    *~*~*~My Current Pearl Team~*~*~*
    ~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny qwilfish of doom View Post
    one dumb thing when the other part of the ship crashed.it exploded but the henchmen STILL survive.like come on!sould they at least look like they got charred.same thing with that guy from the three part lugia episodes(that oarange haired professer)
    Gardevoir teleported everyone out of the hangar, including the henchmen.

FC: 3180-5269-0929

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast