Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mutiny in the Bounty! (488)

Turns out I've been pronouncing Drapion wrong. I said it Dray-pion as in "You gonna get Drapioned!"

Yeah no ones gonna get that reference

-I love it how James called her a wench and a hussy! Not too particular about the words, eh?
    -Hunter J's voice was perfect and fit her!
    -Thank the great good Lord for Gardevoir. Gardevoir got screwed during Hoenn with that B.S. Max/Ralts episode. But like someone said before, Gardevoir should have gotten a bit more screentime.
    -It finally came to me last night. When they said Hunter J, I automatically thought of the very early Hoenn episode A Poached Ego. You would think that Team Rocket might remember a certain thing about Hunters. Or at least make a reference.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Gardevoir and Absol eh? One-third of my Emerald team

Great epsiode, full of action and cool to see a bunch of Hoenn Pokémon. The ending was good too, something different. 8/10

What were the things that Hunter J said in the dub?

One of the best episodes. I like how the ending, despite the staple sunset, ended indifferently.

I think a great episode would be where a Pokemon dies.

I long for the day we will meet again.

I claim Molly/Eva from Oban Star-Racers as my Bishoujo!

Drapion was cool, and I really liked Golbats voice. It actually went really well with it's Supersonic.

J was ruthless, uncaring and plain evil. She makes a good villian, something the show has never had. Magma and Aqua had hearts, so does Giovanni, and don't get me started on TR; but J is just pure evil.

I really hope she appears soon, maybe if she helps Galactic find Azelf/Mespirit/Yuxie..

Quote Originally Posted by Medea View Post
    -I love it how James called her a wench and a hussy! Not too particular about the words, eh?
    Speaking of which, I was a little surprised (in a good way) the word "deadly" was used in Drapion's Pokedex entry.

Anyone who thinks Pokemon episodes are all cheery and happy and friendly all the time should watch this one. Great episode, the gang has never faced that type of villain before.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by scissorX View Post
    J was ruthless, uncaring and plain evil.
    Worse than Paul? I doubt it very much

Paul didn't steal people's Pokemon and sell them for money.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    Paul didn't steal people's Pokemon and sell them for money.
    Actually, I was referring to the fact that Paul has no respect at all for Pokemon (especially his own)

I loved the episode, J is one heck of an awesome villain. The animation was great and I loved seeing Team Rocket and Ash work together. Ash was actually helping Team Rocket when they needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy Boy View Post
    Actually, I was referring to the fact that Paul has no respect at all for Pokemon (especially his own)
    But he does respect people. He is polite to older people like Gym Leaders and Professor Rowan. J doesn't even care for her own henchmen, since she was willing to sacrifice their lives so she could get away.

The Drapion reminds me of the PBR Drapion model... only in PBR it's 3-D.

And the Salamence reminds me of myself... easily manipulated. -.-

Default Pokemon Hunter J

Quote Originally Posted by 133tSneasel View Post
    I must ask a question about the Translation, in the very end of the episode. The hencemen called Hunter J, "Sir". Was that a Translation Error? or a Dubbed Error? Or is Hunter J, really a boy? I'm kinda confused
    I've seen a lot of "Star Trek" show eps where female commanders are called "Sir". I bet in the real military it's all right for subservients to call their superiors "sir" whether or not they're male.

BTW: Is it J or Jay? Hmm, Jenny said they didn't know J's secret identity, but J frequently appeared without her mask on.

About Pokemon Hunters, what exactly is wrong with them? Now J was STEALING pokemon; that's wrong by itself. And that petrification method didn't look too humane. But if she weren't stealing, why would her selling pokemon be a bad thing? I'm imagining some rich guy hiring a good pokemon master for pay to catch a pokemon they want. I guess I could see trainors like Ash not liking that way of catching pokemon; too impersonal. But I'm not really sure how wrong that would be.

The episode made it pretty clear that there is a black market for Pokemon and that the people J deals with do not care where the Pokemon they buy come from.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    But he does respect people. He is polite to older people like Gym Leaders and Professor Rowan. J doesn't even care for her own henchmen, since she was willing to sacrifice their lives so she could get away.
    That's not surprising, I've seen a lot of shows where main villains have no concerns for henchmen. So Hunter J is no different at being nasty.

BTW, the only thing more annoying than Hunter J was Jessie gloating about ruling in "the looks department". But I've heard worse from her.

How come all you ever talk about are characters you hate? I mean, you never make an attempt to say what you like about an episode, or what parts really stood out, or even comment on the characters you don't have any issues with. It's always some completely random question regarding whatever bitchy comments Jessie made, or if Paul put down Ash in some way. Honestly, what's the deal? Are you compiling some sort of database listing all the mean things these guys have said or done in hopes of using them in some inane argument someday? It's as if you only watch the show to deliberately irritate yourself.

I always thought they were the set-up for some hillarious joke that Ashy Boy never posted the punchline for.

Like "What did Jessie say when she blasted off?"

"That was a blast!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
    How come all you ever talk about are characters you hate? I mean, you never make an attempt to say what you like about an episode, or what parts really stood out, or even comment on the characters you don't have any issues with. It's always some completely random question regarding whatever bitchy comments Jessie made, or if Paul put down Ash in some way. Honestly, what's the deal? Are you compiling some sort of database listing all the mean things these guys have said or done in hopes of using them in some inane argument someday? It's as if you only watch the show to deliberately irritate yourself.
    Not that I don't understand what you're saying, but you're saying all this as if it's againist the rules.

That's clearly not the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    That's clearly not the point.
    Then what's really the point. Because of what I'm told, I'm being forced to like Jessie and Paul.

Nobody's forcing you to like anyone, but there's no reason to criticize those characters every possible chance you get either.

Excellent episode in my eyes, shows a more sinister part of the pokémon world, hunting, introducing one of the best characters so far, J.

I just know she will make a return, we kind of found that out in the end when it ended quite...well...open-ended, really, with the gang just standing there and J making a swift getaway.

Gardevoir and Drapion made this episode win even more, Gardevoir for being one of my favourite pokémon from Hoenn who got little screentime in Hoenn itself, so it made a nice change and Drapion for just being plain cool and ruthless.

I look forward to the return of J and some more sinister episodes, bring 'em on!

9/10
    Subliminal rules: how to live, how to die.

FB ~ PC ~ PASBL

since J got away at the end of the eppy. I wonder if she will be returning in a future eppy of something?

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

wasn't interested in watching this episode
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast