Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Maestro Kinético's Fakemon

I really think there good, especially Radishore. I'd wish you'd show the other ones as well, as I think GF can't legally exept fan-art as real Pokémon. I wonder why you left Radishore and Puffoam out of your 5th gen as I think they are really good. You just need too work on the poses, then I would accept them as real Pokémon. Another note, you said Peckling can use it's tail as a drill. Don't you think it is more fitting for a ground to have drill? I have never seen a Ground-Flying type so it would be nice. I have seen a Rock-Flying *thinks of Aerodactyl* but never a Ground-Flying.
    Last edited by Yanick; 5th April 2007 at 3:49 PM.

I want to see a Psyduck Pre Evolution like you were gonna do. I think that it would be interesting!

Great Trainer Card made by Dodrio.

Im an Ice Type How about you?

They are amazing! Plumbow is so cute, The outline is just right and the shading is great, Please continue with great artwork, Game worthy I say :}
    My Sprite thread
    Please visit!

Added Tow, Siberine and Pitaint. I'm taking a break to design the trainers and starters.

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/5604/siberinegt3.jpg

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/7238/pitaintyw0.jpg

ˇTiptug, the generic bug!HERE

The concepts are great, but the poses are like... mugshots...

You think Mikaruge is stupid but you think your pokemon are great? I'll admit, your pokemon are better than anything I could ever draw, but they are boring. Maybe it's just the poses, but I don't think so. They just don't seem to have much that sets them apart or that gives them personality; the concepts are pretty good though. I would like to see your other fakemon before I stick by that statement though. I don't mean to be mean, but it's just what I think, but keep at it, the quality is sure to improve with practice.
    I have at least one of every pokemon and I am willing to trade them for items and new generation pokemon when I get the new games. PM me to tell me what you want and what you are willing to trade.

Pitaint is ugly, creepy, and freaky looking. It looks it isn't based off any animal.

And I like it the most of yours.

A new grass Pokémon, Dorminth. I have 2 more Pokémon to show, the generic bug and another bug.

http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/8435/dorminthpk3.jpg

I stand by what I commented on earlier.

A new Pokémon, Bureel, Bug/Ground. I really like this one though I did not include it in the oficial gen.

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/8464/bureellr2.jpg

I Love em! They are way better than my fakemon...here they are http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=176752

These last few...they don't seem like they're themed on anything. Also, as unhappy as you are with the 4th generation, their design has one thing yours doesn't: soul. All Pokémon designed have been able to exhibit a wide variety of emotions. These guys, by comparison, look empty and plastic. Honestly, even the circles and squares that make up the characters in Super Paper Mario can show emotions at least ten times better than these guys.

New Pokémon. Tiptug. I will change that name, I hate it.

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/7666/tiptuguv8.jpg

All Pokémon designed have been able to exhibit a wide variety of emotions. These guys, by comparison, look empty and plastic.
    I am very bad at poses and emotion, I'll take a break of making the arte and will draw them in anime style doing different things. I love anime style.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro Kinético View Post
    New Pokémon. Tiptug. I will change that name, I hate it.

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/7666/tiptuguv8.jpg

I am very bad at poses and emotion, I'll take a break of making the arte and will draw them in anime style doing different things. I love anime style.
    Yes, that would be better. I´m looking forward to it.

btw, how long will you wait until you will reveal the "gamefreak-send" pokemon? Are you waiting for an answer from japan or until the next gen is revealed with all its pokemon to see if your pokemon are in it? ^^;
    This can take forever ^^;
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro Kinético View Post
    The problem with this is that you're relying too much on regular geometric shapes and posturing most of them with perfectly straight lines or right angles, which look unnatural. (In contrast, if you want to know, characters in SPM are made mostly of scalene shapes that often reflect what the characters are like.) If you find that you've been drawing something for a long time, and you find that you're still not quite satisfied, the best way (at least to me) is to go back to the source material and start tracing or copying. That'll help you figure out the little subtle things you're not doing right that bring the whole pieces down.

i addore your raddishore awsome idea! keep it up i want to see more!
    [GrAsS]...duh

banner made by me:]

btw, how long will you wait until you will reveal the "gamefreak-send" pokemon? Are you waiting for an answer from japan or until the next gen is revealed with all its pokemon to see if your pokemon are in it? ^^;
    This can take forever ^^;
    Lol, you're dreaming Ozzy. Even if these designs were worthy of putting into a Pokemon game, Gamefreak still wouldn't accept them, want to know why?

Anyway, now on the work presented here. When I saw Tiptug in your signature i was impressed that someone around here is actually taking Pokemon designing seriously. When I saw more designs, i was disappointed - not because of the ideas, but because of the designs. Keep refining them because I know you can do them justice. Just practice and practice, you'll get the hang of it eventually!

Ok your goood!I love Plumbow!
    its great!

Wow... this is sad. I had to make an account here just to say this:
    Normally, I would just say your designs are good and give you encouragement to keep practicing, but you seem to be getting the wrong idea. Too many people are giving you way too much false hope. These are not good. Your shading/coloring skills are pretty fair, but your drawing and designs are sub-par to say the least. These will never be considered for real pokemon even if for some reason GF disregarded all the legal crap preventing them from doing so. I'm not trying to be mean, just trying to put you back on the right track. These aren't fantastic nor are they anywhere near the design of current pokemon. I wasn't happy with the 4th gen pokemon either, but they're still better than this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123