Thread: COTD: 2/26/07 Volcanic Devil

Default COTD: 2/26/07 Volcanic Devil

2 Things

-I might not be on tomarrow so Im posting this now
    -~Sirnight~ has been so kind as to let me do COTD this week, this week we are doing the Volcanic Cards, I think we will start with the infamous Volcanic Devil today.

Volcanic Devil FOTB-JP008
    Fire, Pyro
    3000/1800
    This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by sending 1 face-up "Blaze Cannon - Trident" on your side of the field to the Graveyard. While this card is face-up on the field, your opponent can only designate this card as an attack target and your opponent must attack with all of his/her monsters. When this card destroys a monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, destroy all monsters on your opponent's side of the field. Inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each monster destroyed by this effect.
    --------------------
    zbasically only good in a Volcanic Deck, or you can just kill your oponent slowly by increase its attack power while your oponent is Forced to attack it

Volcanic Deck 4.5/5
    Card Itslef 3/5
    Artwork 5/5
    Last edited by Freya; 26th February 2007 at 11:27 PM.

Hard to get out, but if you do, and keep it out until the opponent's battle phase, expect at least 2000 damage to them. Also, I cannot reinstate enough how I love the return of the original kind of YGO artwork.

4/5
    6/5 Artwork

COTD comeback time! Yet again you recieve a ridiculously long review of 1 card from Zaraze and yet in the end your probally won't care what you learnt.
    =====

So today we're reviewing Volcanic Devil... Well that's a lie, the dub name is "Volcanic Fiend" and that's misleading since this is a Pyro-type. If you get Byond and start messing with DMA you can play this right now or start playing the OCG. You could wait 'till May but most people are too impatient (STON Sneak Peak only ended a day ago and you all want the next set already) so what does mr Fiendish Volcano thingy ma bob do?

FOTB-JP008 Volcanic Devil
    Fire/Pyro/8/3000/1800
    This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by sending 1 face-up "Blaze Cannon - Trident" on your side of the field to the Graveyard. While this card is face-up on the field, your opponent can only designate this card as an attack target and your opponent must attack with all of his/her monsters. When this card destroys a monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, destroy all monsters on your opponent's side of the field. Inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each monster destroyed by this effect.
    Ultra Rare/Ultimate Rare

Well Volcanic Devil is from the Anime series Yugioh GX, season 3 and is used by O'Brien, Champion of West Academy. It appears in Episode 109 but is pretty much destroyed right after due to O'Brien... well forget the spoilers onto the actual card.

1st we have the stats and they're not bad, Fire attribute is good considering their burn effects nearly always leave the foe crippled and with an ATK of 3000 it kills EVERYTHING your opponent will try to over power it with. Pyro-Type isn't that good, their not exactly popular and they're support is rather lacking. Now 1800 DEF isn't great but it might last is Book of Mooned and it probally won't be in defense anyways. "Volcanic" is the key par tof this card's name, been a Volcanic monster is good as you'll see when I ramble about the support later on in this review. So the effect?

2nd is the effect and Volcanic Devil is a NOMI monster meaning even if you summon it properly it CANNOT be REVIVED so don't even think of saying it. It can only be summoned in 1 way although getting it back isn't as hard as many people assume. Anyways the actual requirment is Tributing a 'Blaze Cannon Trident" which is a Super Rare frm FOTB and that requires you to kill your own "Blaze Cannon" so in total that's 3 cards. So what does the actual effect do? Well whenever your opponent has a face-up ATK position monster, it must attack this card. Yeah that will be the TCG text as in "Your opponent must attack this face-up card with all attack position monsters on his/her side of the field." That's probally because there'd be confusion on face-up defense position monsters. So basically this is the ULTIMATE counter to a Beat Down deck par from maybe "Crush-Card Virus". Of course there's more to the effect than that, if this kills a monster in battle your opponent's ENTIRE monster army dies and they take 500x the number of monsters kille by this effect. Read the text which destroys a monsters with the EFFECT carefully and you'll realize a very cool trick. It doesn't mention the graveyard at all, just destroying monsters and that means those Goat Tokens are about to become 2000 points of damage. Effectivly this card can kill 5 monsters with 1 attack and in a Volcanic deck that can deal a HELL of a lot of damage in 1 turn (I should know since I run 1 on DMA) your opponent will easily lose fast. So the support cards?

3rd we have the support and could their be more? Combining this with "Final Attack Orders" will completly DESTROY your poor opponent and using cards like "Spiritual Fire Art - Kurenai" can deal amazing damage in 1 turn. You can return this to your deck with "Volcanic Charge" & "Pot of Avarice" and it can be searched out by "Volcanic Revolver"! Most Fire & Pyro support will work here and any burn or high ATK support will make this card own your opponent! And even if you don't have any "Blaze Cannon Trident" cards left 7you could still use this card in combination with "Fire Soul" to thin your deck and deal damage! And you could randomly use this to feed "Fire Wall". This card is practically a burn machine and ANY Volcanic deck should be running at least 1 of these.

Scores:

Traditional
    Stats: 3/5 (Suicide Envoys XD)
    Effect: 1/5 (Hard to summon and Envoys own it)
    Playability: 1/5 (+0.5 in skilled Volcanic deck with good user)
    Art: 5/5 (ABSOLUTE OWNAGE!)

Advanced
    Stats: 3/5 (Suicide Envoys XD)
    Effect: 3/5 (+2 with skilled user)
    Playability: 2.5/5 (+2.5 in Volcanic deck with skilled user)
    Art: 5/5 (ABSOLUTE OWNAGE!)

Dibs on next week!
    I see a new theme but my guess is the Gem Beasts will dominate over this >_<

Effect: 5/5 (OWNG)
    Playbalitity: 3/5 (Still pretty hard to summon)
    Overall: 3/5
    Art: 5/5 (Best art since... SJ Blue Eyes?)

^ Youtube

Whoo!I love this card
    4/5
    10/5 for artwork

I know I'm never going to get this card >_______<

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

Quote Originally Posted by Midnite View Post
    Dibs on next week!
    I see a new theme but my guess is the Gem Beasts will dominate over this >_<

Effect: 5/5 (OWNG)
    Playbalitity: 3/5 (Still pretty hard to summon)
    Overall: 3/5
    Art: 5/5 (Best art since... SJ Blue Eyes?)
    Well Ill think about letting you Do COTD but you can submit theme week ideas if you want via PM

Awesome artwork and effect is cool.
    4/5.
    New shiny: Squirtle (LG, SRing)
    Shiny count:94
    Random encounters: 12
    SR: 30
    Hatched: 6
    Pokeradar: 46

My shinies...
    http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ndID=216041921
    Youtube account.. http://www.youtube.com/KaosDarkrai