Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ya See We Want an Evolution! (489)

Default Ya See We Want an Evolution! (489)

Ya See We Want an Evolution!

On their travels, Ash & Co find a group who are dedicated to keeping their Pokémon at their base stage, the "B-Button" gang. Training Magikarp & Feebas for Battles & Contests, they manage to tap the fish's power. However, Team Rocket have their eyes on these abnormally strong Fish. Can Ash & Co. Protect them?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss
    Last edited by Chris; 28th June 2007 at 11:38 AM.

Just saw the episode Pictures. Cheers!

I have three questions however...
    1. Did Magikarp only use Taqckle or did it also use Fail.
    2. Apart from an ice beam at the end what did feedas do?
    3. Even though Ash has seen hundreds of them why did he still need 2 check out Magikarp on his pokedex?
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

Eh...kinda expected this episode to be funnier. Still decent for the first completely meaningless filler of Sinnoh.

First things first - The animation was completely full of win. It may very well oust the Battle Dome as the best-looking Iwane episode ever. The Magikarp Salesman also wins again.

For the record, the Pikachu vs. Magikarp match never actually finished, as the match was called to a close after both Pokemon got tired.

Several game references beyond the whole B-button thing. You also had Meowth's Wiimote (most shameless plug ever), and I believe the intervewers that stopped Ash and Co right when they entered Kotobuki actually do appear in the DP games in Kotobuki (they're basically the DP equivalent of Gabby and Ty).
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Have you guys seen this yet?!?

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/2382/wiimoteti8.png

Edi: Beaten...

Thanks to Espeon Lover for the glitter name!

The Trainer Card was done by me!

The Jirachi in my TC was recoloured by me, but the sprite itself was made by Pokesho!

The Pokémon Diamond and Pearl sprites were ripped by Eevee, Zhen Lin, pika and Pipian.

Want to help MMV and still have great Wii games from them?
    Join and see what great Wii and DS games they have,
    buy them, and pass the word to your friends, the more the merrier!

Quote Originally Posted by MechaBulba View Post
    Just saw the episode Pictures. Cheers!

I have three questions however...
    1. Did Magikarp only use Taqckle or did it also use Fail.
    2. Apart from an ice beam at the end what did feedas do?
    3. Even though Ash has seen hundreds of them why did he still need 2 check out Magikarp on his pokedex?
    Lol i like no.3.....
    tf2 is life

-If it weren't for Magikarp Salesman, this would've been the first total filler of Sinnoh. Poor TR gets duped once again, but I guess we should've expected that(even worse, Magikarp guy added some unbelieveably tiny print in the manual which I think was a note basically saying FU to the consumer, it's a trap, all your money are belong to me, etc.).

-I think Magikarp used Flail to escape the cage. Considering how low in health it probably was at the time, it'd make sense.

-LOL, Wiimote.XD

-Even though Ash has seen several Karp in his journeys, this is the first time it's been Dexed(Feebas too, but it's a 3rd-gen Pokémon). Shocking, ne?
    Last edited by Pika Hikari KT; 2nd March 2007 at 4:58 PM.

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Hey is the name 'B-Button Alliance' related in some way to the games were we use the B-Button to cancel the evolution of a Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Hey is the name 'B-Button Alliance' related in some way to the games were we use the B-Button to cancel the evolution of a Pokemon.
    Yeah seeing as they dont evolve their pokemon
    lol a game refrence in the anime, makes you wonder whos playing

My co-ordinator card for pokemon tropicana http://z8.invisionfree.com/Pokemon_Tropicana/index.php?
    I claim Tidetsu as my Bishie

This was the oddest episode of D/P ever. The battle between Pikachu and Magicarp was weird LOL. The animation was great and the cage bit was cool. And I think the reason Ash scanned the magicarp was becuase he hasn't seen one in a while, the last time I belive he saw one was in season one of Pokemon when it evolved, but did James mention that insadent, you'd think he would have been ticked at seeing that thing LOL.

This episode was absolute bull crap, because there wasn't enough ~:']DRAMA[':~ and Magikarp was just too red.

Also, Jessie was too stuck up.

Best part: Croakung hitting Brock in his butt...

Speaking of, What did Hikari say to Croagunk to make him go all "O.O"

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Dude, this episode is even better watching it. XD

The animation is fluid, and has tons of funny face-faults and little things that overall made it great. Iwane, I want to have your children.

Also, Meowth literally says "Wii!" when he pushes the Wii Remote!

And, the B Button Alliance mistakes Team Rocket for the R Button Alliance after they reveal their normal outfits. XD

Definately a funny episode, up there with Piplup Hang's On and Claydol Big and Tall.

This episode was absolute bull crap, because there wasn't enough ~:']DRAMA[':~ and Magikarp was just too red.

Also, Jessie was too stuck up.
    I want to have your children too!

As I said before, nothing happens in this episode and it doesn't have any quality content. Brocks scenes have crossed the line, that's gross.

ˇTiptug, the generic bug!HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Best part: Croakung hitting Brock in his butt...
    I swore he socked him in the crotch later on in the episode.

I also laughed at TR being mistaken for the R-Button Alliance after they took off their disguises, showing their R's.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Brocks scenes have crossed the line, that's gross.
    Oh for the love of Jesus H. Christ!!!

Thank god you don't write the show, as each episode would be a boring snoozefest of Degrassi-like drama.

And "crossed the line" :P.

This is far more "crossing the line" then a frog jabbing someone's behind

doesn't have any quality content
    Yes. It did. In fact, it had tons of quality. The animation being one of them.
    Last edited by Korobooshi Kojiro; 2nd March 2007 at 9:18 PM.

Heh, what an odd episode. It was great when the massive robot thing just fell apart after all the fuss of it being built.

It was so very predictable, however.
    My Youtube Gaming Channel
    (There's Pokemon!)

Pokemon Y Tag Team Wonderlocke
    Pokemon are put in teams of three, the first Pokemon obtained of the three is the captain.
    Only switching between members of your team.
    If the captain faints or the other two team members faint, the whole team is released.

Badges: 4
    Deaths: 8

Team Muscle Mashers

Team Hopping Mad

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro Kinético View Post
    As I said before, nothing happens in this episode and it doesn't have any quality content. Brocks scenes have crossed the line, that's gross.
    How is that crossing the line? It wasn't offensive,it was not controversial, it was not disrespectful. It was funny and entertaining and that's not crossing the line. And the episode is very high quality. Look at the faces, colors and drawings, it was awesome in so many ways. Pokemon can't be a soap opera...

Great and sweet episode!

I was amazed by its great animation and plot. We seriously need more fillers like this one! ^^

Now I gotta list the points I liked the most on it.

- Right to the beginning we have a surprise: Team Rocket does the introduction of the title, and the episode itself begins with them!

- Seconds later, a Magikarp comes flying from nowhere to James and... guess who's back? Yeah, the good old Magikarp salesman! My, he's always funny as hell, and I hope he appears again as soon as he can! =P

- The Shinka Machine! That was geniously awesome, and that robot was gorgeous. Too bad it didn't last much. ;~
    It was great to watch Team Rocket trying to evolve Feebas, Magikarp and Pikachu, but failing over and over. :-)

- Great scenes where they were remembering things (James) and thinking about them (Jessie and the salesman). Beautiful.

- Gregguru! My God, it didn't appear in the last two episodes, but in this one it did -- and a lotta times! \o/
    And, My God again, it was insanely crazy, out of control and, of course, funnier than never! When it first poisoned Brock, it laughed a lot... me too, along with it XD I was totally amused by its new 'kkkkk'! But the best part came when it poisoned Brock on the but. Aw, no, wait! It appeared one more time, poisoning Brock by mistake! Then Hikari tells it that this time it wasn't necessary and the thing goes all depressed and, later, while everybody's running after TR, it runs carrying Brock.
    Gregguru is one of the best things that happened to Pokémon in the D/P saga, and I mean it.

- Pochama! Finally another battle (even though it was fast, it was worth seeing) with it... Hope it appears again in a battle as soon as it can!

- C BUTTON ALLIANCE! Even their glasses had a C on it... gosh! And I did notice the part when the girl saw the 'R' on their shirts and thought they were part of a 'R Button Alliance' instead of a 'C Button' one, only to make Jessie get crazy as hell! >D

- Meowth with the Wii Mote saying "Weeeee" as it was pushing its button was a win!

I just was hoping that the B Button Alliance was formed by much more people, not only the two girls (maybe it is and they just didn't appear)... but it's OK still...

Definately one of the funniest episodes ever. ;-P

- Nozomi
    Last edited by Weav-vile; 2nd March 2007 at 9:49 PM.

Random Little Fact: Sound familliar? In Japan, the Magikarp Man is done by the same seiryuu that does Professor Oak, and is almost identical.

So, it was kinda odd in that one Hoso when he appears right before Oak does. XD

EDIT: I want a C-Button Shirt and Glasses. Those are teh sex.
    Last edited by Korobooshi Kojiro; 2nd March 2007 at 9:52 PM.

Can they use Mukkubird for something else? Searching again? It's getting annoying.

Yeah...hey, but its already done more then Pidgeotto did.

Hopefully it battles in the Grass Gym (likely) and beats Roserade.

But it only gets a 2 second screentime. He's awesome but it's getting boring.

I'm sure we'd rather have it doing something than nothing at all. How else would they have found TR in the shack?
    My Youtube Gaming Channel
    (There's Pokemon!)

Pokemon Y Tag Team Wonderlocke
    Pokemon are put in teams of three, the first Pokemon obtained of the three is the captain.
    Only switching between members of your team.
    If the captain faints or the other two team members faint, the whole team is released.

Badges: 4
    Deaths: 8

Team Muscle Mashers

Team Hopping Mad

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    How else would they have found TR in the shack?
    Punt Turtwig and run to the area where it landed?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast