Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ya See We Want an Evolution! (489)

I remember hearing Kappa's flip people off...but I think Golduck was merely coincidental. Meowth also occasionaly "gives poiple da boid".

The robot was secks on legs.

This has got to be one of the most well-animated episode ever. I love all the references showcased during the show.

FC: 3180-5269-0929

Well, I can't really discuss this since I have no idea what they were saying, but, I'll try my best.
    *Magikarp Salesman! Still able to trick Team Rocket.
    *Team Rocket as the C-Button Gang, they even had C-glasses.
    *Croagunk's evil laugh as it slowly dragged a poisoned Brock across the screen.
    *Croagunk poisoning Brock for no reason.
    *Wiimote! Yay, for subliminal messages.
    *The machine kept spitting Magikarp and Pikachu out.
    *The transformer blew up, by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    I remember hearing Kappa's flip people off...but I think Golduck was merely coincidental. Meowth also occasionaly "gives poiple da boid".
    Meh, I'd still like to know what made Feebas so "beautiful?"

Finally saw this, 7 its great!
    Magikarp salesman always makes me smile. MAGIARDOKEN!
    I wish the two reporters were actually Gabby & Ty. WOuld have been a nice little Game Touch, you know?
    Hey, a Feebass!
    C-button out fit shall be mine!
    Pochama got owned by a Magikarp. That has to be humiliating to both the pokemon & the trainer.
    Pika also almost got owned by Magikarp. Nice.
    That little Gyrdaos picture, it just HAS to be a Godzilla reference. That's my sotry & I am sticking to IT!
    Heh, I guess Groagunk got a little Poison Stab happy. He already did it twice earlier, adn the 3rd must have just been habit. Then gets told so non-chalantly(correct choice of word?) by Hikari was a nice touch.
    Chase music FTW! What is that song called again? I want to say Ride of the Valkeries, but I know it isn't.
    Ah, poor Feebass. Just swam, jumps a couple times, then just gets shoved aside for Magiakarp. Least it used an Ice Beam
    Heh, Wiimote.
    Sooo....is that machine an evovler? She said soemhting about Gyrados, and Magikarp didn't work at all. Twas funny.
    hm, reading the manual while holding the Wiimote. Obviously subliminal messaging for saftey while using the controller.
    Gundam Transforemer was nice. It go boom all on its own.
    Great Animation.

Wow it just came to me...

B-button stops evos.

Great Episode.

Edit: What are the names of the B-Buttoners.
    Last edited by Cor; 10th March 2007 at 3:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cor
    Edit: What are the names of the B-Buttoners.
    Otone and Hatune. Otone's the smaller girl who reminds me of Sarina, basically... 8D

Speaking of which I loved this episode, the animation is great and so are the filler characters. I couldn't ask for more, and this is basically the first episode in D/P that I actually adore... The way Brock is being stopped when he flirts Hatune makes me laugh... XD Otone's naive look makes it up for me to actually like this episode...

GPXPlus Profile | Electromaster | Alert; Obsessions
    Paired with the awesome Orion-Sama~

whoa o_o lol imagine that, a Magikarp owning a Pikahu.

I know, it's kinda weird, but cool at the same time and btw, the other girl's name is Hashine, not Hatune... My bad... DX *types in katakana*

EDIT: Katakana doesn't work here... =/

And EDIT again after so many months: And guess what? It's neither of the two. It's Hatsune... 8D

Anyways, I've seen the episode for real this time, I adore Otone's voice... and yes, lot of funny scenes indeed... 8D I can't wait for July 09 to see what the US will do to the episode... D= Hopefully they give Otone a decent English name...
    Last edited by Avegaille; 4th July 2007 at 9:44 AM.

GPXPlus Profile | Electromaster | Alert; Obsessions
    Paired with the awesome Orion-Sama~

This episode was pretty good. It was funny and cool to see the Magikarp Salesman again. It was funny when Brock flirted with 2 girls this time as well as Crogunk’s dragging off Brock the first 2 times. I found it amusing how TR planned to steal a Magikarp for Giovanni. It was hilarious when everyone ran after TR followed by Croagunk running and dragging Brock. It’s amazing how TR AND the Magikarp salesman had possession of a giant mecha, but it crumbling surprised me just a little.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;598; ;635;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

That was a good episode. The Magikarp Salesman/Nacho Libre guy is always good for a laugh, and Meowth using a Wiimote to control the evolution machine made me crack up. The Salesman's story about the bankrupt company was also funny, as was Croagunk. A guest appearance by Megatron was also nice.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2wh3vpw.png[/IMG]
    Thank you, SapphireL.

I can BREAK these cuffs!

I'm glad to see the return of the Magikarp salesman guy, and am less that surprised Team Rocket fell for his sales pitch and bought something defective again. The "World's strongest Magikarp" is like someone winning the special olympics. They're still a retard. Of course losing to a Magikarp of any kind is just sad, so once again Dawn fails.

Croagunk grabbed Brock's butt... then punched him in the crotch. That thing is way too creepy.

Also, the remote control for the evolution machine looks just like a Wiimote. I found this funny.
    Life itself is that which is eternal.

-Wow, pretty long piece played when TR tried evolving Magikarp and Pikachu. So epic~ Another new piece played when Feebas and Magikarp were dexed; at least not one I've heard in the dub.

-Official PUSA debut of Magikarp Salesman! Doesn't sound half bad...the accent sounds a bit forced.

-Wii! They kept the thinly veiled blatant product advertisement!

-Being a penguin, it's not surprising how fast Piplup is in the water. Too bad Dawn likely won't have many underwater battles, if at all.

-Feebas barely got a chance to shine, just that fairly pretty Ice Beam. Its trainer should enter a contest in the future so the fishy can show why it's so beautiful.
    Last edited by Pika Hikari KT; 11th July 2007 at 12:19 PM.

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Victory starts with B? I sense a badly translated joke.

And PUSA had some good guitar riffs in this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Hey is the name 'B-Button Alliance' related in some way to the games were we use the B-Button to cancel the evolution of a Pokemon.
    exacly what i was ganna say also if the feebas was good at contes it need max beuty too evolve i dont think the feebas has a choise of not evolving or
    Last edited by mario_fan; 11th July 2007 at 2:03 AM.
    Feed him

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2nk6wes.gif[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Megatron! =O Meowth had a Wii remote!

That Magikarp Salesman is everywhere. Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and now in the middle of no where in Sinnoh. His voice was good. I can't really remember his old 4kids voice though. Pika Hikari KT is right, his accent does sound like it's forced. [So does James' voice... XP]
    Croakgunk is nasty! ... And he's got a weird laugh. First in this ep, it was like "Cro-hehehehehehee," and then it was like "crohohohoho."

If I were to rate... maybe 7/10. I like seeing a strong magikarp. I don't like th whole 'Magikarp is a peice of crap' thing. ^^; And again talking about Pikachu evolving... when will it happen? x_x
    Cilan/Dento is my bishie! <3

Victory starts with B? I sense a badly translated joke.
    Yeah, I didn't quite get it until I read this. V and B are interchangable in Japanese, and Musashi was using a lot of short spurts of Engrish since Croagunk's debut...

Speaking of Croagunk, that chuckle of his when he stabbed Brock again was done beautifully in the dub.

And again talking about Pikachu evolving... when will it happen? x_x
    Someone needs to watch Electric Shock Showdown again. Pikachu CHOSE not to evolve.
    Last edited by Pika Hikari KT; 11th July 2007 at 2:08 AM.

it was an overall good episode Croagunk's the best!
    The awesome Dragonite has been claimed by me.

I don't think it was actually clear that the machine was defective. The salesman did tell them that once they build it, to wait a week before using it, but of course they forgot all about that until Meowth found that disclaimer in the manual. Even then they didn't remember that they had been told that already.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Wow, the Salesman telling the truth? I thought that he told them to wait a week so he'd have enough time to get halfway across Sinnoh.

YAY! First DP appearcne of the Magikarp Salesman, and first time hearing his PUSA voice!...And it ain't too good! Meh, I'll get used to it.

Heh, the Wiimote controlled the Evolution machine. I liked Meowth's line: "Time to hit the remote...Wee~!" Sounded like he was advertising the Wii, but just was exclaiming. Dodged a bullet, since you can't blatantly advertise products on tv.

I wonder, if they had waited a week, would TR's Evolution machine have worked?

Croagunk Jab Count: 4. Shweet! Best part was when they chased TR and the 'gunk dragged Brock as he flailed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Four Karen
    Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best.
    Take a step and I'm on my way. Gonna start all over again!

-Love to hear Team Rocket sing the name of the title. We haven't really heard that since Chronicles.
    -Speaking of Chronicles, the Magikarp Salesman wasn't the greatest (not like seasons 1-7) but his voice was way better than he sounded in the Chronicles.
    -It's official, I love Croagunk controlling Brock (even at the worst possible times)
    -It's amazing that when Team Rocket was trying to evolve Pikachu to Raichu, they never once mentioned the thunderstone. Did we stop believing in stones to evolve all of a sudden?
    -That machine of Team Rocket, when it morphed like that, I just had a bad flashback of watching Power Rangers.
    -Finally! I'm so glad that at the end of the episode, NO ONE EVOLVED! I really haven't seen much of that kind of ending since season one!

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Croagunk's intercepting Brock combined with a haxed magikarp made it fairly decent.

As well as when Pikachu fell out of the evolution machine.
    Pokémon Black FC: 1979-0221-1990

*FT: (MYSTRY), Starters, Pokerus, Fossils, Stones (Leaf, Thunder and Sun)
    *LF: (DW female), , Power Items, Stones (Dusk, Dawn and Water)

I liked Meowth's line: "Time to hit the remote...Wee~!" Sounded like he was advertising the Wii, but just was exclaiming. Dodged a bullet, since you can't blatantly advertise products on tv.
    He said "Wii~!" in the original too, and I'm pleasantly surprised PUSA found a way to keep it in. Like I said, thinly veiled blatant product advertisment.

-That machine of Team Rocket, when it morphed like that, I just had a bad flashback of watching Power Rangers.
    More people were thinking of Transformers, as this was a lot more fluid(thank you, Iwane!).

Pikachu has at some stage already evolved, obviously not when it's been under Ash's control but it has at somepoint. So why ask Ash to joint the B Button League..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast