Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ya See We Want an Evolution! (489)

No-one's noticed the lack of Wobbuffet in this episode.

Not bad, not exactly memorable either though. Was cool to see a Feebas again. And the Magikarp salesman.
    Last edited by Wynaut?; 11th July 2007 at 2:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scissorX View Post
    Pikachu has at some stage already evolved, obviously not when it's been under Ash's control but it has at somepoint. So why ask Ash to joint the B Button League..
    Pikachu IS the base stage. Pichu, as a baby Poke, is a pre-base-stage Pokemon.

You're a Snover. I'm a Fire-Type. This amuses me.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh Roxxorz View Post
    I wonder, if they had waited a week, would TR's Evolution machine have worked?
    Which was exactly my point.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

The singing of the title in the beginning of the ep was corny, but everything else was well done. Croagunk just keeps getting better and better. : )

Quote Originally Posted by Pika Hikari KT View Post

Someone needs to watch Electric Shock Showdown again. Pikachu CHOSE not to evolve.
    I know that... u.u;
    But it just need to happen. ^^;
    Dangit why "Super Gullwing"??

The singing at the beginning of the episode sounded very similar to the Beatles song 'Revolution'.

"Ya See We Want an Evolution!"
    vs.
    "So you say you want a revolution!"

Quote Originally Posted by cassius335 View Post
    Pikachu IS the base stage. Pichu, as a baby Poke, is a pre-base-stage Pokemon.
    Yes I didn't say it wasn't the base stage did I. I'm saying that all Pokémon with a baby form have to evolve from the baby form. So, Ash's Pikachu has evolved, just not under Ash's control.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldmoon View Post
    The singing at the beginning of the episode sounded very similar to the Beatles song 'Revolution'.

"Ya See We Want an Evolution!"
    vs.
    "So you say you want a revolution!"
    That would be where the title of the ep comes from

It's a pity The Beatles suck arse though.

That Brunette C Button Girl was hot.
    Its to bad that those two are probably the only members.
    FC - 4339-3819-1503
    Safari Type is Bug

Quote Originally Posted by Wynaut? View Post
    It's a pity The Beatles suck arse though.
    *Does not agree with that statement at all*

Anyways, I loved the game references in this episode. Took me a while to catch on to the 'B Button' thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenpachi View Post
    That Brunette C Button Girl was hot.
    Its to bad that those two are probably the only members.
    XD You mean Haley?

Anyways, I seriously do not like the dubbing of this episode... right from the beginning, you can tell it's been dubbed horribly... (Yes, I am very biased because I have both English and Japanese versions). They're into high pitched voices so much, the voices of the characters even when they're mad gets into you a lot... I mean, your voice obviously lowers down whenever you're mad/annoyed... which frankly, the dubbers didn't put much into detail when they did Oralie and Haley...

And Jessie lost her somewhat horror voice effect when she was saying that Pikachu is going to evolve into Raichu in the dub. The horror voice effect gives off a lot of impact in the scene... ;o

A lot of background music changes also... but whatever...

Episode, I like, dubbing, I hate. D=

GPXPlus Profile | Electromaster | Alert; Obsessions
    Paired with the awesome Orion-Sama~

This episode was average, I liked the return of the Magikarp salesman and the introduction of the b button girls was great, the idea of stopping evolution using the b button, they never touched on this before, so that is a good thing.

I would have much preferred Feebas to have more screentime than Magikarp, it deserves it, we have seen more than enough 'karp in my eyes.

I don't really have any more comments on this episode, apart from I liked how they kept Meowth saying 'wii!' as he pressed the buttons on the wiimote-esque remote, that was a nice touch

5/10
    Subliminal rules: how to live, how to die.

FB ~ PC ~ PASBL

nice B-Button reference
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

"What does the B stand for then? Bulbasaur? Blackmail?"
    Bulbasaur Button League would be cool. =o

The episdoe is on right now. =o
    Chris -- 2706 8270 9213

This episode kinda sucked.......I wanted the big machine to work.

Credit to Ruki for this.....magically awsome banner!!
    (\__/)
    (+'.'+)
    (")_(")
    This is my fatty butt bunny named Charlie. Feed her.

What? The lady didn't command her Magikarp to use SPLASH ATTACK? XD

Meh, rather weird episode. But I did liked the robot though.. Funny when this episode aired in the U.S., the Transformers movie was in theaters already.

*Does not agree with that statement at all*
    Nor do I. I'm not a hardcore Beetles fan, but I think they're pretty good.

Random Little Fact: Sound familliar? In Japan, the Magikarp Man is done by the same seiryuu that does Professor Oak, and is almost identical.
    That would explain why the little computer he had had Prof. Oak's voice back when he was pulling that Feebas scam (back in Hoenn). It was HIS voice!

Okay, how the hell did Team Rocket wind up with a transformer like robot, from a microchip and a manual???
    I'm reminded of an episode of Futurama where the characters were rapidly aging backwards, and Bender, being a robot, eventually turned into a CD containing the blueprints to create him. To answer your question, I think they start calling themselves The A-Team Rocket.

No-one's noticed the lack of Wobbuffet in this episode.
    Wobbuffet started to get old back in Johto. I think Mime Jr.'s funnier and MUCH cuter.

I was not surprised at all that Team Rocket sang out the title, as it hits further home the obvious homage/referance. I'd have been disapointed if they didn't do it, and besides, Ash sang "Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snorunt", even that doesn't even make sense.

When I found out Sharona was renamed Cynthia for the NA version, I was dissapointed not only because Sharona's not even a Japanese name by any means, but also because having the characters read the title card by singing out "My Sharona!" would have been funny.
    Last edited by Jeff Zero; 2nd August 2007 at 10:51 AM.
    "the Rocket-Dan's past is hard enough to straighten out without the dub coming in and making it worse." ~Dogasu's Pokemon Comparisons

Proud supporter of Aipom (Started by De HotShot Mon) and Unown (Started by Da Master of Unowns!), I would have copied the whole text for both but I wasn't allowed that many lines in my sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Avegaille View Post
    XD You mean Haley?
    The taller girl.
    FC - 4339-3819-1503
    Safari Type is Bug

I thought it was cool to see the Wiimote. Though in the dub when Team Rocket said the episode name it was just plain creepy. I was glad to see the Magikarp salesman again, he provided comic relief.

Anyways, I loved the game references in this episode. Took me a while to catch on to the 'B Button' thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by npdargy312 View Post
    nice B-Button reference
    The reason for me quoting this will become apparent soon.

Before that, I would like to say that I was watching this with a friend of mine when they mentioned the whole "B-button" thing. He was the first to realize what this meant. After a few seconds, I too realized what it means.

Here it is: These people wont evolve their Pokémon due to personal choice. Now, if we include game reference, how do you stop a Pokémon from evolving? You press the "B-Button".

Man, for the first time ever, a Pokémon episode literally relates to the game in a non-technical version. Cool.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

I liked that one part where Meouth, (so sorry I can't spell the name) used the thing that looked like a Wii-Remote

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    Here it is: These people wont evolve their Pokémon due to personal choice. Now, if we include game reference, how do you stop a Pokémon from evolving? You press the "B-Button".

Man, for the first time ever, a Pokémon episode literally relates to the game in a non-technical version. Cool.
    Thank you, Captain Obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by penngrade6 View Post
    I thought it was cool to see the Wiimote. Though in the dub when Team Rocket said the episode name it was just plain creepy.
    I thought it was weirder when Meowth just randomly said "Wii" when using the "Wii-mote". XD

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

The episode was okay I liked the Wii refrence part. XD
    A fan of SpongeBob and a fan of May/Haruka

This Banner is made by Amazingkiss

[IMG]http://i12.*******.com/2djb15c.png[/IMG]
    This Banner is made by Umi Mizuno
    I love May fans & SpongeBob fans

Nitendo ripped off Transformers on that episode with that mech robot thingy. Part from that the episode was fine. Meowth (did i spell that right?) using the Wii remote, seeing piplup battel in the water for the first time and seeing the super strong magikarp. But like Pearls said Feebas sould have been in the episode more then magikarp.
    This signature is homeless.

Meh, I kinda find it weird about the whole Dues Ex Machina theme in this episode. Feebas I understand, but Magikarp took it too far.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast