Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Borrowing on Bad Faith! (490)

I thought it was an official Contest when I first saw the previews. I was disappointed.

It was pretty boring. Aside from Aipom teaming up with Jessie, I didn't like it. Though the ending with Aipom almost staying with her was funny.

A hint that Aipom likes Contests, though many missed it. 2/10

Another filler episode but it was a good one. Dawn was smart for using Pachirisu in this contest because it wasn't an official one and was great training for it. Aipom was pretty impressive in this episode, and despite Jesse being a bad guy she is a great coordinator. I thought it was pretty funny how TR stole the bananas they won, but like Brock said, old habits die hard. This was a good episode.

It was an interesting episode, it shows that if TR uses Ash's and co Pokemon they could probably win more battles lol, no wonder why they are trying to steal them all the time. It was interesting to see Jessie in the contest and win, pity she didn't win a real ribbon in this episode (But it makes up for it in the future),

It was hilarious when TR was taking the fruit and thought they were actually scared lol. But I think it was a bit stupid they had to be blasted off, in some episodes when they don't really do anything wrong they don't always get blasted off. I wonder what happened to the fruit after they were blasted off. Did they come back and get it or did other people take what wasn't theirs?
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Skipping two episodes to do this review. dp 20 introduced Pokemon Hunter J (episode I remember for Ash's, "You can't do that!" as J steals Pikachu from him when he goes to rescue Gardevoir) while dp 21 is a filler episode. I'm not sure I have anything to add to what's been said about dp 20, so...

This episode is another of my personal favorites, and maybe it's the episode that the writers first thought "Hey! Jessie has been doing contests a lot longer than Dawn has. If Dawn is going to be a successful coordinator, shouldn't Jessie be reasonably good, too?" Well, they give the idea a try here, and they even add a twist to make things interesting for Ash. In a not very creative way, Ash is forced into a position where he loans Jessie Aipom for an unofficial pokemon contest that Dawn is also competing in to give Pachirisu practice before the next real contest. Ash becomes jealous and upset as he fears Aipom is going to be leaving him, and it's this characterization of him that makes the episode neat-he hardly ever gets this way.

This episode does have a bit of a loophole in the way that Jessie wins the contest, because as even Dawn points out during her battle with Jessie, Aipom is so strong due to Ash's care. You're not too sure if Jessie's success is a result of her talent or Aipom.

Finally Jessie pulls off a win even though it was unofficial.... and Aipom suited well with her

Aipom Aipom Aipom!!!

Nice episode.

8/10
    H E L L O
    L O S E R

This episode was ok... It was funny how Jessie thought Aipom wanted to stay with her, but instead just wanted to eat all the bananas. It was very odd that for 1 episode, Ash let Jessie borrow Aipom for a contest. It had to feel odd seeing the Judges give Jessie praise for how she raised Aipom, when it really was Ash who has been raising it. It was interesting to see Jessie saving Aipom. It was hilarious how TR acted as if they "stole" the bananas, when in fact they actually won them.

50/100

I really like this episode :3 Aipom looked really cute and strong in this episode which is good, and it was also pretty funny.

This episode was disappointing. It seemed that the writers were trying to make Jessie look better than Dawn, after all she had done contests a lot longer than Dawn has. But the way they tried to made her look better than Dawn was lame. Jessie saves Ash's Aipom from falling in a Cilff, then she asked Ash to let her borrwo his Aipom. Aipom wanted to do the contest with jessie, so Ash was forced into a situation where he had to loan Jessie his Aipom for an unofficial pokemon contest that Dawn is also competing in for giving her Pachirisu some practice before the participating in an official contest. I did like the parts where Ash becomes jealous and upset as he fears Aipom is going to be leave him for Jessie, he hardly acts this way.....so his characterization in this episode was neat.
    Dawn, as always, was looking good in her Contest outfit. This was her pachirishu's first contest and it was having stage fright.....so when Dawn commanded it to use Sweet Kiss, it didn't do anything. But later Pachirisu managed to did the appeal with Discharge and Spark, the appeal was nice IMO.
    As I expected, Jessie defeats Dawn and wins the Unofficial Contest ..... because of Aipom.
    I didn't like how the judges praised Jessie for raising Aipom.....but like Dawn said, it's Ash who raised Aipom.....not Jessie!
    I'm glad Aipom blasted Team Rocket off and reunited with Ash again, that made this episode somewhat better.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234