Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Borrowing on Bad Faith! (490)

Default Borrowing on Bad Faith! (490)

Borrowing on Bad Faith!

On their way to Floaroma City, Ash & Co. come across another Pokémon Contest. Dawn is eager to enter and try to get her own ribbon. While playing, Aipom gets caught on a cliff and is saved by Jessie. Jessie soon requests to Ash that she can use Aipom in the Contest, to which Ash agrees. Who will win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss
    Last edited by Chris; 28th June 2007 at 11:39 AM.

Was this an offical contest then because if I'm looking at the pictures right, then Jessie actually won this one?
    Breezy is my little sister. Anyone who messes with her has to answer to me!
    My Twin's are Trillian and Sakara

No, it wasn´t an official one.

The judges were a Joy and some other, older guy. the points-bar was on a mobile-TV and it wasn´t held in a contest hall but outside instead.

the other coordinators looked kinda inexperienced. One girl fell asleep because of her own sleep-powder appeal ^^ ( maybe it was part of the appeal..?)

the set up of this contests was just like Ash´s and May´s in Kanto.

Only one battle at the end.
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Wow, so they just rehashed the same concept from the Ash Vs. May Contest?

Great to see Jessie win, however.

Hikari losing two Contests in a row was a smart decision by the writers, she really is just a newbie, there's no reason she should be winning Contests this early on. I'm glad to see Hikari lose two times in a row, and it makes sense for her characerisation.

I have to see this in motion before I fully comment.
    Last edited by CyberCubed; 9th March 2007 at 8:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Her win ain't really special or anything though, after all it wasn't an official contest for a ribbon so it's not as impactful as you would think...too bad she's never going to win a real contest.

Hikari losing two Contests in a row was a smart decision by the writers, she really is just a newbie, there's no reason she should be winning Contests this early on.
    Wasn't very impactful for her either, the only way it could have been more impactful, is if it had been a real contest.

Also, she's more than likely still set to get her first ribbon in the upcoming contest, and that's still way earlier than May.

I'm glad to see Hikari lose two times in a row, and it makes sense for her characerisation.
    It helped her bond with her squirrel more, seemed to me though that was drowned out by Ash's constant tripping in the episode over Jessie possibly taking his aipom away.

I guess it is more of a new rule how unofficial contests are held than a rehash.

the animation was really lackluster...the preview didn´t lie to us.

the battle between Jessie and Hikari was far from being impressive.
    The appeals were terrible in my opinion...really, the episode had potential but the outcome was a bit dissapointing.

at least ash got a few nice scenes which is rarly seen outside of gym-battles.

and...like I said already in the speculation thread:

Jessie´s victory over Hikari felt so...empty without TR having the bananas...

A ending scene with TR eating the Bananas would have been nice, but I guess the "bad guys" can´t have it all.
    At least Jessie owned Hikari in every single way
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Hikari losing two Contests in a row was a smart decision by the writers, she really is just a newbie, there's no reason she should be winning Contests this early on. I'm glad to see Hikari lose two times in a row, and it makes sense for her characerisation.

I have to see this in motion before I fullu comment.
    Don't talk about Hikari that way. She is one of the 3 human leads in the show, the other 2 being Ash and Brock.
    Sinnoh Team

Unova Team

Kalos Team

Quote Originally Posted by Nekagi View Post
    Don't talk about Hikari that way. She is one of the 3 human leads in the show, the other 2 being Ash and Brock.
    What are you talking about? Do you understand the difference between bashing and saying something is good for her characterisation? What do you guys want, Hikari to be a Mary Sue?

Having Hikari lose two Contests in a row, (even if this one wasn't official), was a smart decision by the writers because it hits it home that Hikari is just a beginning trainer.

Jessie has tons more Contest and battle experience than Hikari, was using Aipom, and was long overdue for a win. Hikari was using her newly caught Pachirisu, and this is only her second (kinda) Contest.

While Hikari will almost definitely win the next Contest, I'm glad she lost her two first ones. They did it differently than May's beginning, and it prevents her from being a Mary Sue.

What are you talking about? Do you understand the difference between bashing and saying something is good for her characterisation? What do you guys want, Hikari to be a Mary Sue?
    Do you want her to copy May stride for stride in every single thing she does, or do you want her to be original?

Having Hikari lose two Contests in a row, (even if this one wasn't official), was a smart decision by the writers because it hits it home that Hikari is just a beginning trainer.
    So what if she is a newbie, your acting like your tring to put her beneath May, like your afraid she's going to top what May did.

Jessie has tons more Contest and battle experience than Hikari, was using Aipom, and was long overdue for a win. Hikari was using her newly caught Pachirisu, and this is only her second (kinda) Contest.
    Jessies win isn't as special since it wasn't an offcial contest, not to mention she didn't use her own pokemon to do it.

While Hikari will almost definitely win the next Contest, I'm glad she lost her two first ones. They did it differently than May's beginning, and it prevents her from being a Mary Sue.
    It doesn't really matter that she lost though, it wasn't an official contest so the impacts on both sides can not possibly be as big as anyone thinks, sure it helped her get a little devlopment and helped her bond with Pachirisu, but overall it wasn't an official contest therefore it doesn't hinder her status.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    Do you want her to copy May stride for stride in every single thing she does, or do you want her to be original?
    Original. Which is why I'm glad she lost her first two Contests. (technically)

So what if she is a newbie, your acting like your tring to put her beneath May, like your afraid she's going to top what May did.
    Hikari is battling better than May did at this point and her appeals are better, which is why I'm glad the writers handed her two major losses. It hits home that just because she can battle, it doesn't mean she's a force to reckon with just yet. Since before this ep aired I thought this was a real Contest and that Hikari was going to win, I'm glad I was proven wrong.

Jessies win isn't as special since it wasn't an offcial contest, not to mention she didn't use her own pokemon to do it.
    Doesn't matter, it was just nice to see someone with more coordinator experience (Jessie) take out someone who has only been in 1 real Contest before. Jessie needed a win for a long time, too bad it wasn't a real Contest.

It doesn't really matter that she lost though, it wasn't an official contest so the impacts on both sides can not possibly be as big as anyone thinks, sure it helped her get a little devlopment and helped her bond with Pachirisu, but overall it wasn't an official contest therefore it doesn't hinder her status.
    A loss is still a loss, just like Ash's horrible losing streak since he entered Shinou.

Hikari is a beginning trainer, she shouldn't be as good a battler as any of the former major characters just yet.

Well, this episode was good. It had its moments.

The worst thing about the episode is the animation. In some scenes, it looked like... strange... but in a bad way.

Jessie winning was a very nice touch. Using Aipom to make the appeals and the battle with almost perfection, despite it being a "new" pokémon, made a great improve in Jessie, I think.

The appeal round was more fun than cool. Pachirisu' shyness and electrical appeals were good, Aipom's "dance" was funny like the others coordinators appeals (Hitmontop & Paras cameo!). Like the battle, could have been better.

Jessie owned Hikari hard in the battle. Very hard. The battle could have been better if it were a little bit longer....

However, the Jessie/Aipom interaction thing, Ash's scenes about Jessie/Aipom and Jessie finally winning something make this episode good, but not as good as others.

Original. Which is why I'm glad she lost her first two Contests. (technically)
    Yet you complained when she got further than May did on her first contest not to mention complained when she got pachirisu, and kept saying she shouldn't had gotten anything until after the third gym, kinda like how May didn't get skitty until then, and don't even get me started on Piplup and the rabbit.

Hikari is battling better than May did at this point and her appeals are better, which is why I'm glad the writers handed her two major losses.
    You proved my point, your jealous of her preforming better than May and want her to suffer because of it.

Doesn't matter, it was just nice to see someone with more coordinator experience (Jessie) take out someone who has only been in 1 real Contest before. Jessie needed a win for a long time, too bad it wasn't a real Contest.
    Yeah it does matter, when she uses her own pokemon, and wins an official contest, then i might be impressed with TR,kinda like how james won the whatever it was called contest with HIS OWN Mime jr, winning a mock contest with someone elses pokemon ain't impressive at all.

I'm sorry. I just don't entirely like how the writers plan these things. Some fans like it, but others don't.
    Sinnoh Team

Unova Team

Kalos Team

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    Yet you complained when she got further than May did on her first contest not to mention complained when she got pachirisu, and kept saying she shouldn't had gotten anything until after the third gym, kinda like how May didn't get skitty until then, and don't even get me started on Piplup and the rabbit.
    Getting further in her first Contest made her look too Mary Sue-ish I thought. Remember, she battled some kid before she fought Nozomi, but the writers didn't show us that battle. So she already won one Contest match against some filler boy, too bad the writers didn't show us what happened.

So with this Contest, things evened out a bit.

You proved my point, your jealous of her preforming better than May and want her to suffer because of it.
    lol, no. She's a newbie! When Ash was a newbie, he constantly lost battles. When May was a newbie, she lost a ton as well. Hikari being a bit better than Ash/May at the start is fine, as long as they don't go overboard with it. Jessie has more battle experience than Hikari, thus Jessie won, what's the big deal?

Yeah it does matter, when she uses her own pokemon, and wins an official contest, then i might be impressed with TR,kinda like how james won the whatever it was called contest with HIS OWN Mime jr, winning a mock contest with someone elses pokemon ain't impressive at all.
    Well we can say Aipom is stronger than Pachirisu, at least. And Jessie still knew how to command it.

Besides the horrible animation, I found this quite entertaining for a filler.

However, I was freaked out and horrified by Aipom's lewd humping of Jessie's face after she saved it...

Not really, I laughed out loud for half-a-minute.

The ending, despite being a little unfair to Team Rocket...was pretty cute.

I don't know why, but this episode felt like a kanto episode @_@

Marry the Night

This episode was ok, but as good as it could have been.The funny things were Jessie defying gravity and Parichisu >_< face and that's about it really.
    And the movie style credits were really weird.

I've already shared my thoughts in the speculation thread, but just to reiterate, this contest was total weaksauce, official or not. yeah, the concept was actually kind of interesting, and actually letting Jessie win for once was fantastic, but as a contest episode, it failed to deliver any entertaining appeals, battles, or decent animation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythic Mist View Post
    I don't know why, but this episode felt like a kanto episode @_@
    I agree, as the battle was weak and the episode on the whole was pretty dang mediocre. Just like the "good old days".
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

It probably was that BGM when they announced the winners of the appeal round, which is from good old Kanto (the good ol' days...).

I'll admit, my nostalgia slightly got giddy at hearing it.

Hehe, Jessie didn't beat Hikari, she pwnd Hikari. I haven't seen it yet but it looked like it was a Perfect Victory.

Ash thinking of losing Aipom was kinda sad yet funny at the same time. I mean him worrying about such a thing and getting all mopey about it.

I liked how Jessie won something, official contest or not, because James just got some good screentime in the pokeringer episode and also won the orienteering. It's about time Jessie went to a contest final where the main character hasn't and now wins the unofficial contest.

I'm glad Jessie pawned Hikari in the contest even though it wasn't offical. It was def a nice thing, Ash lending Aipom to Jessie was nice and I liked seeing Ash be all wanting AipomXD
    The animation was horrible and the battle wasn't that great but other than that LOL.

Just finished watching it, and I liked it better than last week's episode. Although it wasn't all the greatest episode, it was decent. Ash kinda made me laugh that Aipom was going to leave him for Jessie, especially that one scene when he was crying and moping. And also, I felt a little jealously from Ash, not much, but some of his expressions seemed that he was jealous of how much Aipom was liking Jessie.

The contest part was all right, but I was a little more attentive towards Ash's and Aipom's relationship.

I think Hikari's loss was actually necessary. I think that she got farther in her first contest than May did because she had her goals from the get-go, and she had more confidence to win. If Hikari pulled a Squirle vs. Ariados on us, i would boycott pokemon. Remember, Jessie was using Pokemon when Hikari-san was still in diapers. And she was doing contests way before her too. I am glad the writers did not have Hikari beat Musashi-san in her first contest, because that would be too unfair TO Jessibella. I am curious to see how well the writers will pull off differentiating the two main coordinators. Whoo....thats an mouthful.

After watching the episode... GUYS, WHERE IS THE HELLA HORRIBLE ANIMATION? O_o
    Seriously, it was decent. Compare it to some BF episodes, and with some D/P episodes, like D/P 4 or D/P 17. It was really decent!

About the episode itself, it was awesome. I didn't expect much of it, but seeing it was great! I laughed out loud in various moments, and the plot was excellent as well.

Some points that deserve some status:

- Jesse saving Aipom. LMAO at it!

- Jesse development with Aipom through the episode, and how they ended up;

- Hikari being totally pwned by Jesse;

- The appeals (saying they were weak is being stupid);

- The good development of Ash (a boy who realeased lots of pokémon worried about the lost of a recent one he caught? OK then!);

- Pikachu on Brock's neck! XD

- Ash wondering about Aipom going away with Jesse;

- Pachirisu looking a newbie newbie newbie at battles, cuter than ever;

- The adorable and great ending! \o/

Overral, it was really funny to watch!

Ah, and two questions:

1- Does anybody know why the opening returned to the point where Hikari didn't have Pachirisu, where Ash didn't have evolved his Mukkuru and where Brock didn't have Gregguru and didn't have evolved his Bonsly? I find it weird... really.

2 - Is there any source about the special that aired after this episode? I don't have any idea of its content yet.

Thanks!

- Nozomi

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast