Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Borrowing on Bad Faith! (490)

Well, just finished watching it, it was preatty good.

Aipom antics are always fun.
    Hey, Jessie not only can lift a huge log with ease, but can also defy gravity!
    Face Hump! That was...unexpectedly funny.
    The contest appeals:
    -I like how PAchrisu was given stagefright, now Hikari nows what she needs to work on with Pachrisu beforethe next contest. The heart and static appeals were nice. Funny when it shocked everyone.
    -Jessie was preatty good with Aipom. NOw if only she was as good with at tleast her teammates.
    -Good jessie & Hikari battle. But what was Hikari saying after she lsot points from that Double Team, she said something about Aipom and it caught Brock & Ash's attention.
    -Jessie won!

Funny to see Ash worry taht Aipom would stay with Jessie.

Only bad points were that:
    1.EVen within the same episode, animators can't decide on how to draw Aipom.
    2.That TR couldn't just let things be. THey couldn't just let Aipom go away, could they. THey should have just taken teh bananas and went of their merry way.

Quote Originally Posted by Weav-vile View Post
    After watching the episode... GUYS, WHERE IS THE HELLA HORRIBLE ANIMATION? O_o
    Seriously, it was decent. Compare it to some BF episodes, and with some D/P episodes, like D/P 4 or D/P 17. It was really decent!
    Well yeah, a turd on a stick looks decent compared to DP04 or DP17. That doesn't mean this still didn't look mediocre, especially when compared to say...the previous episode.

Here's a really off-model shot (courtesy of Umi Mizuno) to prove my point:
    http://i16.*******.com/4bqghf8.jpg
    1- Does anybody know why the opening returned to the point where Hikari didn't have Pachirisu, where Ash didn't have evolved his Mukkuru and where Brock didn't have Gregguru and didn't have evolved his Bonsly? I find it weird... really.
    Obviously just a goof. And a funny one at that.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Weav-vile View Post
    a boy who realeased lots of pokémon worried about the lost of a recent one he caught? OK then!
    In his defense, A)He hasn't released a Pokemon since...uh...hm...Squirtle, was it? Or was that Charizard? Well, there was that one Beedrill but he had it for not even an entire episode...the point is, it's been ages since he's released anything, and B)Ash cares for all his Pokemon, even recently caught ones. Naturally, he won't want to see one hanging around a member of Team Rocket(you know, the group he hates so much that he won't even let them catch a wild Pokemon he'd have no problem with any other person catching?), even if it seems happy about it.

Rumor(aka "Sushi") says that Ash does quite a few amusing thing in this ep, so I'm looking forward to that whenever I see it. In the meanwhile...geez, apparently TR can't have anything good that happens to them last, can they? Gotta feel sorry for them sometimes...
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Well yeah, a turd on a stick looks decent compared to DP04 or DP17. That doesn't mean this still didn't look mediocre, especially when compared to say...the previous episode.

Here's a really off-model shot (courtesy of Umi Mizuno) to prove my point:
    http://i16.*******.com/4bqghf8.jpg
    I get your point. Compared to D/P 21, it was indeed worst, but... for me, it was decent, still. I mean, the eyes of the characters didn't look out-of-place, and that picture you posted is... weird, yeah, but in a cool way! XD

Anyways, I understand that after a perfectly-animated episode like D/P 21, the animation on this one is not all that good - or mediocre, in your opinion.

Obviously just a goof. And a funny one at that.
    Hmm, I see. O.O
    Thank you for replying my question! ^^

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post
    In his defense, A)He hasn't released a Pokemon since...uh...hm...Squirtle, was it? Or was that Charizard? Well, there was that one Beedrill but he had it for not even an entire episode...the point is, it's been ages since he's released anything, and B)Ash cares for all his Pokemon, even recently caught ones. Naturally, he won't want to see one hanging around a member of Team Rocket(you know, the group he hates so much that he won't even let them catch a wild Pokemon he'd have no problem with any other person catching?), even if it seems happy about it.
    I didn't criticize Ash. And I didn't really meant only the pokés he's released; I meant the ones he's always OAKing all the time also. When he was leaving Aipom behind, in Kanto, he didn't look sad.

Oh, and I'm not saying he doesn't care of his pokémon... I just think he only consider Pikachu as a greater and inseparable real friend. The other ones, IMO, he feels in the same way about Misty, May and all the friends he's left behind.

You can be an Ash fan and all, but you must agree when I say he's not the sentimental type of person. :S

- Nozomi
    Last edited by Weav-vile; 11th March 2007 at 12:04 AM.

just saw the pictures. and it seemed to be a fine... was this a filler? i think so... but i got confused at the end. what did team rocket do to make them deserve to be blasted off. i saw meowth take out a rubber glove of some sort but nothing happened. aipom did something and they blasted off. ummm.

gotta say jessie using aipom was a nice touch. that hasn't happned since... did this ever happen? i don't think so.

on a side note pachirisu looks really adorable in this episode. im liking that squirel more and more evry episode

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    -Good jessie & Hikari battle. But what was Hikari saying after she lsot points from that Double Team, she said something about Aipom and it caught Brock & Ash's attention.
    Not sure exactly, but it was something about how Aipom belongs to Ash, which made Ash feel better because of the worrying he'd done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Somorio View Post
    what did team rocket do to make them deserve to be blasted off. i saw meowth take out a rubber glove of some sort but nothing happened. aipom did something and they blasted off. ummm.
    After they realized Aipom only wanted the bananas, they used their mechanical hand thingy to try to grab Aipom, but Ash had Aipom destroy it with a Focus Punch. Ash called out to it again and it jumped down to him. TR then decided to go for Pikachu, and released another mechanical hand thingy, so Ash had Aipom use Swift to blast them off.
    Last edited by Geodude; 11th March 2007 at 12:19 AM.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I noticed James said "Eipamu!" in part of the motto...anyone have a translation for it? I assume they were trying to get Aipom to join. XD

I also caught "Muskippa" said at one part, assumingly Jessie wanted to use it.

That's TWICE the writers have teased me in the last 5 episodes with the prospect of Carnivine!

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    I noticed James said "Eipamu!" in part of the motto...anyone have a translation for it? I assume they were trying to get Aipom to join. XD
    It was just reffering to the fact that her and Jesse won this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    I also caught "Muskippa" said at one part, assumingly Jessie wanted to use it.
    Yeah when she first found out about the contest she asked James if she could use Carnivine in it, but James didn't want her to. So she was wondering which Pokemon to use, hence the idea of using Aipom after she saved it.

Makes me wonder why she still hasn't used Seviper in one since way back in her first Contest attempt where she messed up so much with its attacks.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

This episode started off a little slow, but got better towards the middle. All the funny Aipom/Ash antics have been mentioned by now, so I'll skip that.

Wow, I wasn't expecting Jessie to totally dominate Hikari like that. Jessie didn't just win, she absolutely killed Hikari. I was actually somewhat disappointed with how short the battle was, Pachirisu barely did anything and didn't even land one attack.

This episode did showcase Hikari more as a beginning trainer messing up with appeals, which is far more realistic than how well she was doing in her first Contest. She was battling a little too well before, so I'm glad the writers realized this and made this episode essentially just for Hikari to lose to Jessie.

Not the best episode, but it was pretty good. I'm kinda glad this wasn't a real Contest because it wasn't as exciting as any of the AG ones or Hikari's first Contest.

Poor Wobbuffet...it is appearing less and less. It was only in the motto-sequence and disappeared after that.

It really needs to do show crazieness again...
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Meh, Aipom IS/WAS Ash's pokémon, so it makes sense that it beat Pachirisu.

After this ep, I don't know what to say about Jessie. She might have beaten Hikari, but it was only for a pack of bananas.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Makes me wonder why she still hasn't used Seviper in one since way back in her first Contest attempt where she messed up so much with its attacks.
    Yeah, Seviper could do a lot of things with that swordlike tail...throw it a few frisbees and watch them all be cut into itty pieces. If not frisbees, she could always steal James' bottlecaps for a bigger challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy Boy View Post
    After this ep, I don't know what to say about Jessie. She might have beaten Hikari, but it was only for a pack of bananas.
    Which TR lost in the end.

Is this the first time Jessie won a contest?
    WHY? TOGEPI, WHY? Curse you and your Metronome that lost me an Exp. Share.

They had the material to make a great dramatic episode where Aipom and Jessie would create a bond and Ash would be Jealous but they just didn't make it. I found the animation very strange (Aipom is badly drawn in some scenes) and the scene where she falls is very bland.

It's great to see Jessie winning though. Go Jess!

ˇTiptug, the generic bug!HERE

It was a unofficial contest, so thats why jessie won.
    Hopefully she will win a official contest someday, but this is probable not gonna happen.

I know people can't hand out links in topics, so i'll ask it like this:
    Could someone PM me a link with episodes?

The reason i'm asking this is because the fansub which i used to watch from downloads extremely slow.

I honestly was bored with the episode so I didn't watch it completely. I thought the episode was a little bit pointless.

WOW, this episode definitely tops the list of episodes I'm looking forward to next season. This episode has so much going for it for a Team Rocket fan like me:

-- Jessie wins a contest FINALLY, albeit an unofficial one. It's about time, after all the growth she's done since her first contest in "All Things Bright and Beautifly". It was getting just plain ridiculous to have her keep losing contests just because she's the bad guy, when she was clearly getting better with time and practice.
    -- We finally get full compensation for Misty beating Jessie in "Princess vs. Princess", short of Jessie beating Misty. Finally Jessie wins a competition for the first time ever, and she out-and-out beats Hikari. At least we actually saw her beat Hikari but good, compared to her almost- off-screen defeat of Brock's Ludicolo in "Do I Hear a Ralts?".
    -- Ash almost loses a pokemon, and his OWN pokemon, to Team Rocket! I find it interesting that he didn't even seem to put up a big fight, which was a nice change of pace. There's only two other times I remember him not fighting Team Rocket for a pokemon- the snorlax in "Wake Up Snorlax" and the sneasel in "Pop Goes the Sneasel".

Overall, I'm REALLY looking forward to this episode.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/04 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

I liked this episode because Hikari lost again, Jessie finnaly wins a Contest and how Aipom defeats that annoying Pachirisu.

Banner made by May_Beautifly. Im in the May fan club.

Banner made by Rufinito18.

Quote Originally Posted by scizor08 View Post
    Is this the first time Jessie won a contest?
    More like it's the first time Jessie won anything.
    Pokemon Diamond Name: Rudoku
    FC: 4510 6941 7678
    PM me for a possible battle.

Well at least there's one upside for Dawn, she's portrayed as a real beginner, unlike May.

1. Hoorah Dawn lost
    2. Aipom = Extreme annoyance

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast